Good luck with Chievo! Jamaica alone was always going to be boring once the chance of qualifying for a tournament went! Nice to see you go to club football!

Not a bad start ! Even though you could have won Trapani ...

View attachment 247571
View attachment 247570

If there's one word to describe this squad it's 'inconsistent'! We pull some wins together
but our backline is shocking. Struggling to retain a defensive shape and we've been
conceding far too easily! Thank god it's Transfer window time though, I can immediately
bring in some players to correct this.

View attachment 247569
View attachment 247568

View attachment 247567
View attachment 247566
Only two games in January as the league breaks for winter

View attachment 246776

The Transfer window in Italy is now well underway. I was competing with the Serie A teams
for the players too good for Serie B. Many players were listed across Europe but getting them
to agree terms with us was next to impossible. I had a bid of 100K accepted for Alberto Aquilani
but the wage restrictions in Serie B scuppered the deal!

Barcelona Wing Back Alex Grimaldo agreed to discuss terms with me after a €900k bid was
accepted by my hometown club but our wage budget couldn't support his demands. With a
heavy heart I had to give up on that deal.

I was in the market for a brand new back line as I felt that was where were were at our most
vulnerable. Our Ivan Provedel has been a solid player between the sticks but at the tender
age of 23, I feel his career is best served learning and and working hard in training. A new Goalkeeper
was the first signing I made as Chievo Manager... And I got my man!.

View attachment 246775Enrico Guarna

€750K

Guarna is a veteran Serie B goalkeeper with over 296 appearances in the Competition.
The 32 year old goalkeeper has however never played in Italy's top flight and getting
there is a major motivation for him: I share that challenge. Having spent 4 years at Bari,
establishing himself as the clubs no.1, he sought a transfer when the club got relegated to
the 3rd Division.

View attachment 246772Pietro Visconti

€600K

Another player poached from the lower leagues. Visconti was one of Avellino's star
defenders but relegation left him frustrated. I jumped at the chance to bring him back
to Serie B . Like Guarna, he's never played in Seria A but I'm confident he can help us
get there. Mainly played as a left back at this previous club, I'll be employing him as
a left-sided Central Defender.

View attachment 246769Daniel Tozsér

€700k

Perhaps my signing of the window. This guy is the complete midfielder. He can both defend
and attack. He also has experience of playing at the highest level: Premier League (England),
Serie A(Italy), Jupilier Pro League (Belgium), Supperleague (Greek)
. He has 46 Hungarian
caps and will be a focal point in our midfield! He found himself playing in Lega Pro C after joining
Juve Stabia on a Free transfer. I quickly offered him the chance at higher quality football and
brought him to the club.

View attachment 246767
Total In: €3.37M
(8.25M Transfer Budget remaining)

BecauseI don't know yet I'f I'll have access to Serie A funding, I decided to be careful
with my spending. I spent less than 35% of my allocated budget to make sure the club
remain financial sound should my promotion charge fail.

Last edited:
View attachment 246663
View attachment 246662
A decent January. We nearly had a clean sweep but a draw agasint
Calgiari isn't a terrible result. Though I had some promising news. After
his first game for the club, Guarna was picked in the Team of the Week.

View attachment 246661

View attachment 246653Samuele Longo

€2M

Samuele Longo joined us on deadline day. An Italian U21 international,
Longo has Serie A and Liga BBVA experience and we were shot up front
with Macheda our only recognized striker.

View attachment 246659
View attachment 246658

View attachment 246657
February fixtures
View attachment 246655

Last edited:
Second best offence but worst defence in the league... Tha is your problem. I hope that Guarna will give you a hand with that !

Second best offence but worst defence in the league... Tha is your problem. I hope that Guarna will give you a hand with that !

It's driving me nuts. Defensively, this team is shocking but we've decent forwards. If we get promoted (big if) I'll be investing almost exclusively in defensive players. I've my eye on a few players but the Serie B has a wage limit of €5.5k p/w so attractive quality players is very hard. Still, onwards and upwards.

Don't know if my advice is helpful, but try setting "tight marking" to your centre backs. I did that in my tactic (3-5-1-1) and helped me a lot.

Say it all the time, but I am really continuing to enjoy this! Chievo is interesting, definitely looking like a team that could challenge for promotion next season.

Sorry guys, I've been really busy with work. I've January done and hoping to get an update up soon.
Love ye all; including the silent readers :)

View attachment 245332
View attachment 245331
Now that's more like it. We've been better defensively but we still need to condense the back-line.
After the 3-3 draw, I decided to take a man out of midfield and employ a back three with wing-
backs. This resulted in a 3-1 win against Piacenza: a team in the top 5 of the league.

View attachment 245330

View attachment 245329
10 points from the playoff place.... I'll take those odds!

View attachment 245328

Next month's fixtures

View attachment 245327

Very nice kid. I love checking out the intakes. (though I usually get disappointed with 90% of the young players)

Very nice kid. I love checking out the intakes. (though I usually get disappointed with 90% of the young players)

Anyone with good physical stats get's a contract; that's my philosophy. You can teach people how to play football but athletes are born, not made.

Anyone with good physical stats get's a contract; that's my philosophy. You can teach people how to play football but athletes are born, not made.

You could not be more right with that !