Btw well done on the award, for your other story, your presentation is equally as great on this one,. Which means I do love reading them!

Keep up the good work mate!

This has taken off since I last saw it, going brilliantly! Are you going to juggle club/international if the right opportunity comes along?

Haha. I got really into the save as Scotland U19s boss and it fueled a drive to play and update :p Youth international management is fun; devastating when it goes wrong, but fun none the less.

I may do both Club and country but only if the right offer comes along. I'm not looking at any clubs right now. I was waiting for the December culling before Jamaica made me their no.1 target so I want to give them my focus.

Jamaica is interesting :p

Good luck with them!
Btw well done on the award, for your other story, your presentation is equally as great on this one,. Which means I do love reading them!

Keep up the good work mate!

Haha, cheers mate. Delighted to win that award. I'd no idea people enjoyed my presentation and layouts as much as they do! :)
I'm having fun on this save anyway. I don't often get anywhere in journeyman saves as I get bored days into my first job.

I am loving Mr Mendez' career choices, Jamaica should definitely be an interesting one.

View attachment 247918

I'm not sure If I'm going to be here in 3-4 years time to see him fully break into the
senior Intentional side but I'll be keeping track of this kid. He's got great stats and
could be an important forward int he future,. Jamaica's forward options are limited
and most of the established strikers are 28+ so this kids could have a free run at
a regular international spot in the future.

View attachment 247909

I was feeling the pressure at international level. At Scotland U19, I was relatively
shielded from the media since there were more interested in that the senior side
was doing but now, that same focus was being turned on me.

Jamaica had a less than impressive North American World Cup Qualifying campaign
so the spotlight was on us. They finished 3rd in a strong 3rd round group and missed out
on progressing to the World Cup North American Qualifying Section.

View attachment 247908
I was motivated by the prospects of landing the Deportivo job; a club close to my heart
but they decided to go with Pepe Bordalás. This left me feeling bleak.

View attachment 247907

To be honest, things are going well with Jamaica. I enjoy living here and
they're a good bunch of lads, but I feel somewhat deflated. Like there is
nothing to challenge for.

View attachment 247906
It'll be 2 years before the next Gold Cup is
being contested and Caribbean Championship is in one years time.

I've already started looking for a new job and I intend to tender my resignation
to the Jamaican FA in the morning.

View attachment 247903
View attachment 247904
View attachment 247902

Not long unemployed and I've been offered an interview with Mexican
Liga MX side León. Though they sit bottom of the table, having only taken
5 points form their first 14 games. I see them as a decent opportunity to put
what I've learned so far into practice.

I'm fluent in the language due to my Spanish nationality, Mexico is undoubtedly
the most prestigious league this side of the Atlantic; With average antecedences
of 20,000 to 25,000 people. A strong footballing culture, a top rated international
side above us and a domestic policy that sees players proud to stay in the Americas
rather than play their football in Europe.

I want to tale this chance and I hope I'm offered the job.

Short stint at Jamaica mate, thought the Leon job would have been nice too. Oh well, I'm sure Javier will land on his feet.

View attachment 247900

Javier! How good is your Italian?..

My agent's words still hung in my mind. I stared out the window the entire way to the airport.
The interview has conducted over the phone and I was quite surprised with how quickly it
was conducted. Their Director of Football handled the interview: as was their tradition.

"This wont be easy."

"There is a lot of expectation here."

"We expect results"

I was able to direct them to my remarkable qualification to the UEFA U19 European
Championship as an example of my ability to work with a brand new squad, quickly
assess their strengths and overachieve with minimal time to prepare... I think that won
me the job.

View attachment 247894
View attachment 247891
A recent regular competitor in Serie A, Chievo Verona saw them relegated in the
2015/16 season. failure to return on the first time of asking put pressure on the
board to be more stringent on their expectations and a disappointing show in the
league saw them look for a new manager.

View attachment 247892
View attachment 247893
15 points in their opening 14 games was spiral unacceptable for the side
the media expected to finish 2nd. This was my way in and I was recruited
to turn the clubs downward spiral around.

This reminds me of my appointment as Auxerre manager. The club was tinkering
above the relegation zone and I was expected to achieve a mid table finish.
I achieved this goal and mounted a serious promotion challenge the following season;
reaching the Semi-finals of the French cup: a coup for the club not having enjoyed
any success in recent times.

View attachment 247889
View attachment 247888

A true sporting theater, the Marcantonio Bentegodi is a stadium fitting for any
team in Europe harboring ambitions of greatness. This 39,211 all-seater stadium
is owned by the Municipality of Verona and rented to free of charge.

View attachment 247887
View attachment 247885

Good luck with Chievo mate. I'm sure Javier can turn them around!

just read through it mate, brilliant read, i like seeing the team badges getting added to your headline as you move on, nice touch

Good luck with Chievo mate. I'm sure Javier can turn them around!

Cheers mate. They're the first club I've been at where I feel I've a shot at success. Auexerre were too debt ridden and the amount of work required was not worth my managers career. I'm confident I can win things with this team :)

just read through it mate, brilliant read, i like seeing the team badges getting added to your headline as you move on, nice touch

Thanks mate. I'm enjoying this save quite a bit. Always wanted to do a decent journeyman but they're hard to keep interested in. Writing a story has helped keep me motived :)

Adding the badges: That's to keep me humble... So I'll never forget where I've been, the journey and where I've come from :)