Javier Gonzales Mendez

Any specific plans on how to deal with the 3 up top for the Italians?

Always interests me to see how different people set about solving what is essentially the same problems.

If you don't mind a bit of tactics talk of course ;)

I decided to stay with my preferred 4-4-2 but I was allowing the two CBs to float and zonal mark.
I told me wide midfielders to man mark their Wide wing backs as I was assuming they'd push forward.

Int he end, it' wasn't enough as the quality saw them through.

I decided to stay with my preferred 4-4-2 but I was allowing the two CBs to float and zonal mark.
I told me wide midfielders to man mark their Wide wing backs as I was assuming they'd push forward.

Int he end, it' wasn't enough as the quality saw them through.

Was always going to be a tough one.

England will be on a high after spanking Georgia by 5 as well :S

Was always going to be a tough one.

England will be on a high after spanking Georgia by 5 as well :S

I can use that to my advantage. Play a wide counter-attacking game as they will naturally want to attack after that win :)

Still a great job just to get them there! Georgia result sucks but....

Slovenia get to the semi's over Germany, that's quite a surprise.

View attachment 249145
View attachment 249143

View attachment 249142
View attachment 249144
I've immensely enjoyed my time with Scotland U19s but I felt
the time was right to leave. I'd brought them further than I
ever believed I could so I think it's time to go before I regret it.

We can look back at our UEFA U19's European Championship campaign
with absolute pride for what these boys have achieved. It's time for
someone else to come in and continue the work.... I think I'm ready to
return to club management though.

Still a great job just to get them there! Georgia result sucks but....

Slovenia get to the semi's over Germany, that's quite a surprise.

You win some; you loose some! :P

I'm not goign to let it get me down.
I brought a minnow to the Elite echelons of European youth football.... all with a National B license :P

View attachment 249130

The first thing I'll be targeting is getting Jamaica into
the top 100 of the FIFA rankings. I don't think we stand
a realistic chance at World Cup qualification so I'll be
targeting the Caribbean Championship and the North American
Gold Cup.

Jamaica last won the Caribbean Championship in 2014 but
we do have history in this comp' so I'll be mounting a serious
charge for it.

View attachment 249127

View attachment 896025
View attachment 896027
View attachment 896030
View attachment 896039
An absolutely massive win. With a very healthy goal difference. A draw against Spain
in our next match will set us up in a sensational possition to qualify for the finals!
Ouch !!! That hurt big my friend!! Well done for the big win even though it was against my country. But for your information there is a bigger (and much more better) stadium in the city of Patras. Check it out if you like. It was built for the 2004 Olimpic Games https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pampeloponnisiako_Stadium

Georgia result was a tough one, but you were out anyway so hardly made a difference. Could have been so different! Jamaica will be exciting!

Georgia result was a tough one, but you were out anyway so hardly made a difference. Could have been so different! Jamaica will be exciting!

Aye, I could tell the lads were not feeling up for it. We were out and they knew it and gave up. Disappointing but what can you do :P I've joined the ranks of Senior international Managers so I'll have a say in who wins the Balon d'or now :P

Ouch !!! That hurt big my friend!! Well done for the big win even though it was against my country. But for your information there is a bigger (and much more better) stadium in the city of Patras. Check it out if you like. It was built for the 2004 Olimpic Games https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pampeloponnisiako_Stadium

Aye, I know it well. The match was being played at the smaller of the two though. It was only a U19s international match. I'd expect the senior side to take a few friendlies to the Pampelonponnisiako Stadium.

I 'd expect a better result than another himuliating result :P ! Xa Xa !

This has taken off since I last saw it, going brilliantly! Are you going to juggle club/international if the right opportunity comes along?

Back