Congratulations on winning the title! How does Defour look like, he's been amazing in every save I've played so far!

View attachment 242044
View attachment 242043

Our pre-season odds are 300-1, which are not bad to be fair. A title challenge is far, far
beyond us right now! but I'm delighted we've not been tipped to go down. the bookies
are expecting us to just about miss out on relegation and finish in 16th.

View attachment 241941
View attachment 241940
We had a very good pre-season; kicking off with an impressive 1-1 draw against Porto.
Apart from the Reggina result, I was very happy with our squad performance. We were
invited to a pre-season cup tournament by Leeds United. We went on to win that which was
a nice feeling for the lads.

I also won my first Coppa Italia match as Chievo manager. Almost 3 years in the job...
hard to believe it took that long.

View attachment 241939
Bram Nuytinck
€2.5M

We had the dutch Central Defender on loan for the second half of last season but a
buy-out-clause. I decided to snap him up since he was easily the best CB available
to us on a permanent deal.

View attachment 241937
Francesco Renzetti
€86K

Bought as back up to Mário Rui. A fantastic signing for the price we got him at.

Loan Deals

Cristian Mangano

On loan from: Inter Milan.
Clause to buy: €850K

View attachment 241929

Igor Bubnjic

On loan from: Torino

View attachment 241925
View attachment 241922

Hmm, might have to re-think my tip.....

Working miracles mate!

View attachment 241891

It's not all joy though in Verona. Edoardo Schievene has spent the last 6 months
angling for a move away. He's a fantastic talent and will be an Italian international;
of that I'm sure! He's from Verona and came through the youth system to become
the brightest talent at the club but I've been unable to negotiate a contract
extension and with only 12 months left to go... he said he was intending to
leave on a free. I'm truly gutted to see him go.

View attachment 241890
View attachment 241889View attachment 241888

Oooh that's a shame, what a great young lad. I hate it when it happens to my saves. :S

Just caught, Brilliant story and cracking 2nd season in Serie B, Very surprising the 3 that went down!

Oooh that's a shame, what a great young lad. I hate it when it happens to my saves. :S

I know. I'm gutted. I sincerely thought I'd be able to keep him. €3M is a paltry figure for what he's worth to us but it's the best fee I could negotiate.

Just caught, Brilliant story and cracking 2nd season in Serie B, Very surprising the 3 that went down!

Cheers mate. Lsat season was a lot of fun! Glad to get my managers first trophy under my belt :)

View attachment 241738

Montpellier are a decent club in France, having won 3 major french trophies.
Including one Ligue 1 trophy in 2011/12. I'm committed to my season with Chievo
in Serie A for now.

View attachment 241703

View attachment 241699

I'm still somewhat surprised by how well we're doing! our squad
looks really up for this season in Serie A! :)

View attachment 241697
View attachment 241696

I don't think we're doing that bad defensively. Over half our goals conceded came
in 2 or 3 matches. We're set up in a very good position.

November fixtures

View attachment 241692

View attachment 241695

Financially, the club is doing sensationally as well: Making a profit every months.
The increased attendances are doing wonders for our income. The board has made
extra funds available so we're in a strong position to strengthen in the Winter window.

View attachment 241694

View attachment 241690

I have one transfer target in mind. Simone Scuffet! Enrico Guarna was my first ever
signing and the 34 year old goalkeeper has been a rock in goal! Safe and dependable
but at his age, I've to look to the future. Scuffet is exactly that!

View attachment 241689

I'm expecting a price tag between €15M-€20M for the 23 year old Udinese keeper. I'll
be hoping that They don't finish int he European spots or it'll be hard to prize him away
from the club.

Are you sure putting so much money into Scuffet would be a good move? But you're the boss!