View attachment 236690
View attachment 236689

View attachment 236688
I did not want to sell Rekik as he's my best CB. One of the first signings I made at CSKA
but I offered him out at his release clause (€18.5M) and Argentine Club Rive Plate met it.
I'm sad to see him go but we need the money more. I've some good young CB's coming
up through he ranks so this also opens the door for some of them to step up to the first team.

Though, Because of existing deals with the player and the club we bought him with, €6.5M was
paid out to Real Madrid and Kekik himself so we are only making €12M from this signing. We've
made €16M for the club and I wont be reinvesting a cent of it since we need to balance the
books to avoid FFP fines.​

View attachment 236687

I'd love to keep him but he's a luxury player on huge wages. We've young players coming through who can play in midfield and they will now get their chance. I've loved having De Rossi at the club and I'm delighted he understands why I'm letting him go. If we weren't in financial trouble, I'd have told everyone exactly where to go!

View attachment 236684
Seven years ago, a young french kid came through the ranks at my first club, I still remember the
day my coaches told me he could be something special. I had a moral issue at the time with my
first choice left winger so I terminated his contract... What I did next I can only describe as a risk.
I promoted an unproven 14 year old to first team duty. And he took the chance! He was the reason
I was sad to leave Auxerre but the finances at the cub prevented me for doing anything worthwhile.

Since I released Nabab from his contract, I've got a spot free on the
right wing that Cheick Diarra has been filling to get back to form.
Stéphane Pinto has been doing well since he joined the youth setup
and if he continues his impressive performances, I'll be considering him
for a first team role next season. He's only 14 years of age which scares
me since he looks like he could be one of the best players at the club.

View attachment 236686
View attachment 236685
He's now on his way to CSKA Moscow :D

THere we go i managed to catch up, gotta say this is the best story i had pleasure to read so far.

View attachment 236591
View attachment 236590
With De Rossi leaving to help reduce the wage bill, I've brought Kevin Strootman
in on loan to add that experience the team just lost. He's got 6 months left on his contract but his wages demands are far too high given the financial issues facing the club so I'm going to give him 6 months to impress me before someone else signs him. Ether or, we've got a great player to see out our Europa League campaign.​

View attachment 236587

There are some players I'm willing to loose but Akinfeev is not one of them. The club captain
and national captain, the 35 year old one-club man has 459 league appearances to his name.
I'm not loosing him!!!

View attachment 236529
View attachment 236528
Our Mid-season break went well. I've adjusted our play to a more counter-attacking style
of football to try counter the trend of teams being overly defensive when facing us.

We're ready and set for the next big test this season: PSV!
A good season in Europe is vital for extra cash and to attract big name sponsors
for next years kit sponsorship as our current deal is due to expire at the end of the
season.

Just caught up, been very busy lately. Done very well there mate but I feel if you moved to one of the top 5 leagues it would be more enjoyable!

Hoping you don't suffer for the clubs problems!

View attachment 236347
View attachment 236344
View attachment 236346

View attachment 236345

I was cautiously optimistic about my chances of getting this job. I've developed a
reputation at Chievo and CSKA for playing possession based attacking football. I feel
I'm exactly what the Arsenal fans are looking for. I know the Wenger era ended
almost 10 years ago but they seemed to have an affinity towards that style of play.

Arsenal Board: "Good evening. take a seat. How was your flight?"

Mendez:
"It was great thanks you. I was in England only a few months ago for a Champion's League tie against Manchester United."

Arsenal Board: "Ah yes. Tragic loss int he end. We all thought you'd done enough to scrape away with a draw. We know only full well what Ronaldo is capable off. We're used to seeing him week in, week out in this league."

Mendez:
I'm really looking forward that challenge. The players in this league, the fans, the stadiums. I've dreamed about being involved at this level ever since I was a boy in the Barcelona academe.

Arsenal Board: Well any. We're currently sitting 11th in the league. We've all but given up on the UEFA Champions League. We're looking for a manager who'll focus on the defensive side of the game and look to play a deep line defensive system.

Mendez:
I'm sorry, I'm not comfortable with employing a defensive system. I grew up playing attacking football; I brought Scotland U19 to the European Championship using attacking football. I over saw Chieveo's promotion with attacking football. Ireland got the the Knock-out rounds of the UEFA European Championship through attacking football and it saw me win my first league title in Moscow. To ask me to change my style now is to ignore everything I've achieved in my career.

Arsenal Board: Well.... that's not what we wanted to hear. We're impressed with your record but we're not sure if an attacking style will suit where we are in the table we are. Can you promise us that you will at least look to make the most out of set pieces and prioritize them in training?

Mendez:
Again, I can't I have a style I enjoy and It's gotten the best out of my players. I like training my players to look for space to exploit. I'm an attacking coach. That's what you'll be hiring if I get the job...

To be honest, I don't think the interview wen't well. They were set on playing defensively and I didn't want to be sacked 6 months down he line for say I would when i knew Attacking football would be what i'd teach the squad. I wasn't willing to compromise my ideals for the sake of a 'big club'. They contacted me, not the other way round. They wanted me and my style of football comes with me.

View attachment 236325

I'm disappointed but I'm also being shortlisted by big clubs. This give me confidence
that I'm doing the right things. the right big club will come along eventually.

Last edited:
View attachment 236300
My initial reaction was that of indifference. I wasn't that interested in a move to Leipzig but
something inside more told me to further investigate the job offer.

View attachment 236299

I'm being given a fantastic platform to start with. 3rd in one of Europe's
Elite Leagues. I had a look at the policies they were looking for in their
advert for the Managerial vacancy.

View attachment 236298
Play Attackign football and sign young players, that exactly what I'm looking for.
that's the style I've build my entire career on... Wait! State of the art facilities....

View attachment 236296View attachment 236297

Fantastic facilities. A stadium with just over 44,000 capacity and great youth facilities.
as well as a growing reputation in world football, and their still int eh Europa League.

View attachment 236295

I want this job!​

View attachment 236284
View attachment 236283

Given our league position and our remaining fixtures, I told the board
I was confident I could secure a UEFA Champions League place.

View attachment 236282
This means that i will be competing directly with Bayer Munich for that final Champions League spot.
A 3rd place finish is vital and our final game of the season may be a winner takes all.

View attachment 236281

I was immediately faced with a Dilemma upon arriving. Jean-Marie Dongou wanted to leave for
Dortmund. When I asked why, he said that he wanted to win the title and that it wasn't going
to happen here. I agreed to sell him and Dortmund imediatly came in with an offer.

Their initial offer was only for €19M but I renegotiated to €40M. They naturally said no but we did
eventually agree on a fee of €33M; With €18.5M being paid int he first 12 months.

View attachment 236278