Can he play on the wings? I don't really play an attacking midfielder in my formation but would defo be interested in buying him as i love watching him irl. Might try a cash + Jeremy Menez trade.

I think he can't play as a winger. Use him as a central midfielder - advanced playmaker ;)

i signed him in my first season for like 17mil. now im in the third season and hes just a shredder! recently i didnt know how to play him bit i experimented and hes amazing in cm/advanced playmaker! he just dribbles past players like there not there! also got veloso at start of season and he has kept m,villa out of the team and veloso compliments pastore so well! honestly get the pair! they play amazingly!

just bought him for my arsenal team. not started season yet but he cost £11.5 mil, he will have to make me drop nasri or wilshere

brought him for 35 mil in my second season and since then he has not looked back although in his first season he had to adpat however second season in amc role got 2 goals and for the next 3 to 5 seasons was getting twenty goals however he spped had decreased so i retrained him as mc and now at the age of 30 his doesent gety the same amount of goals but gets like 20 to 30 assists a season for me he ha been AMAZING:)

WTF!!! people are sayin he amazing i knw hes nearly as gd as messi in real life bt on the game i cnt see **** hes always having on and off form and hes only scored 8 goals for me , yess i play him AMC - attack , yess ive played him as an inside forward and yess ive played him as a playmaker in his NATRUAL POSITION he still plays like dodo - what do yu guy do to get him score 20 odd goals and wt do yu say to him in team talks ???

i bought him aswell, was having a 6.4 average rating first part of the season but not hes at a 7.2, whihc is his best role to play in ?

I dont understand how he could score 2 games every game. :p
Anyway he seems to be turning out well.I would never really spend above 30m on a player.Cavani would be the only real acception to that rule.Tho Aguero's 39m release clause and maybe Messi and Ronaldo if they had a decent price tag.

if i was you i wud sell arshavin to buy him, he is just amazinggg, i bought him with barcelona and he keeps iniesta out of my team and to do tha he must be goood, 36 goals in 40 games in all competitions including a hatrick against real madrid :) sing him you wont be dissapointedd :)

you guys are lying now because your saying this but your not acully showing people or telling people how you play him wheres the proof dat he does these things a print screen and how do yu play him ?? wt instructions do yu use all thse things before commenting because this is a topic about pastoree and people as myself wanna know how you get the best out of him

Would he do better on inside forward on right wing or box-to-box?

Inside Forward, but it is hugely preferrable for him to play as an Advanced Playmaker or Trequartista

yes it's his natural position but an amc would mess up my defense.

Really, it is regardless. You can put in in the CM or CAM position. The Advanced Playmaker duty is what he works best with.

I play pastore as a trequartista and he is just... PHENOMENAL. Put him as 'run with ball often' and he is quality.

Only one role for Javier - AMC ( advance playmaker) he will scores, assisst, dribling, everthing what u need. Should be ur best player, unless you bought Neymar :) the brazilian striker is the best in the game!