jesaustralia main attributes for dlp and cm attack?

Also do you do anything if loosing and coming upto 70 mins?

Last edited:

Sorry Jesuis - hijack

[FONT=&quot]got you PM on fmbase but cant reply, have a look at the edit in the vitrex thread on SI to fix it for lower resolutons, pretty sure this has cropped up before in this thread[/FONT]

What attributes do you search for in a GK, the sweeper stuff?

Handling - One on ones - Reflexes - Agility - I search for - these 4 has to be decent - when I train I use a sweeper keeper schedule if player has a decent communication attribute - as the extra its always either - positioning or agility

Butland - preferred over Donnarumma - Rajkovic etc - Great at saving pens
Sergio Rico Great at saving pens
Szechny Great at saving pens
Croatian keeper - Kalinic I think hes called

Let me take that one backwards - I don't lose and if I did lose it would mean I'm either playing a World DB or the Premier League - Where teams are very competitive - Where my team lack quality - so to answer the question - You can successfully switch mentality to defensive - which means taking less risk - Make sure your fluid doing that - have one original and create a 70th minutes one where you play with the defensive mentality - personally I don't use it - but it will work in terms of making life harder for your opponent.

DLP Attributes you can highlight them in game - its straight forward - many AP's have DLP attributes - its the least important player - also the worst performing - but its great at recycling and spreading out passes. This player could easily be your cheapest option - it can even be an old DLP or AP that are getting slower.

CM-Attack - I tend to go for someone who is rather complete - Koke - Havertz - Fernandes - Dele Alli - you will however want someone Technical and with lots of flair if you can get that - Normally I get players that can play 3 or 4 roles within my team - Fernandes (Botafogo) I would use as a sub - - then depending on who's more tired at 60th min - DLP - BWM - or CM-A - Will be swapped.

An AP is almost adequate as CM-A - but I still think that Asensio is a bad choice - workrate is still useful for this position.

I don't use hard rules for CM-A - I do look at player finishing and longshot as something I find crucial - has to be decent - but i do that for all my midfielders - like the BWM - I don't see BWM's as a defensive player cause it don't have to be - You can use a player like Arnold as the BWM and get lots of good performances from him though his Tackling Aggression isn't that high - but his longshot kill big opponents :) - A game changer

CM-A player type - Go for fairly complete - a midfielder that can do damage like a striker - maybe retrain a complete forward - The CM-A often ends up on the edge or just outside the edge of the box.

Cheers people

Handling - One on ones - Reflexes - Agility - I search for - these 4 has to be decent - when I train I use a sweeper keeper schedule if player has a decent communication attribute - as the extra its always either - positioning or agility

Butland - preferred over Donnarumma - Rajkovic etc - Great at saving pens
Sergio Rico Great at saving pens
Szechny Great at saving pens
Croatian keeper - Kalinic I think hes called

Let me take that one backwards - I don't lose and if I did lose it would mean I'm either playing a World DB or the Premier League - Where teams are very competitive - Where my team lack quality - so to answer the question - You can successfully switch mentality to defensive - which means taking less risk - Make sure your fluid doing that - have one original and create a 70th minutes one where you play with the defensive mentality - personally I don't use it - but it will work in terms of making life harder for your opponent.

DLP Attributes you can highlight them in game - its straight forward - many AP's have DLP attributes - its the least important player - also the worst performing - but its great at recycling and spreading out passes. This player could easily be your cheapest option - it can even be an old DLP or AP that are getting slower.

CM-Attack - I tend to go for someone who is rather complete - Koke - Havertz - Fernandes - Dele Alli - you will however want someone Technical and with lots of flair if you can get that - Normally I get players that can play 3 or 4 roles within my team - Fernandes (Botafogo) I would use as a sub - - then depending on who's more tired at 60th min - DLP - BWM - or CM-A - Will be swapped.

An AP is almost adequate as CM-A - but I still think that Asensio is a bad choice - workrate is still useful for this position.

I don't use hard rules for CM-A - I do look at player finishing and longshot as something I find crucial - has to be decent - but i do that for all my midfielders - like the BWM - I don't see BWM's as a defensive player cause it don't have to be - You can use a player like Arnold as the BWM and get lots of good performances from him though his Tackling Aggression isn't that high - but his longshot kill big opponents :) - A game changer

CM-A player type - Go for fairly complete - a midfielder that can do damage like a striker - maybe retrain a complete forward - The CM-A often ends up on the edge or just outside the edge of the box.

Cheers people

could I retrain dybala to be the cm A then??

I disagree that Asensio is a bad choice for CM-A. It may not be the best choice of the game, but it is brilliant and has great performance. If you do not have a Pogba or Koke or similar to CM-A, you can put Asensio without fear of making a mistake, as he will perform well with many assists and goals.

Information!!!

The Don't Try This Thread with the 4-4-2 I decided to delete the opening post and I believe the thread is closed as well - If you didn't get to download it - you can download it below - Their won't be any support.

Direct link HERE

Cheers

Hi I have trouble getting back on here after years out cos i couldnt remeber my password and couldnt be bothered to reset
But this tactic is great for providing consistency, yes u still need to use team talks and shouts but it plays beautifully esp if u have a poacher/advanced forward tactic martial loves this tactic

Also its defensively great it has helped me tonk man city 4-0

Why "don't try this"? Good tactic? Bad tactic?

Maybe because it's bad ***.
What I do know is he closed the thread because multiple people were referring to other tactics made by example Mr Langvatn.
But you can still try it, and let us know how you progress with it.

In other news, Jes is away for some time now, I don't know what is going on with him, and trying to reach him every day.
For the time being, being one of his friends, I will answer for him or will give you an answer for every question you ask him.

Thank you for the reply. I will give it a try I think and I will post some results.

Good to hear mate, Haven't tried that one since im not fond of 442.
Let us know how you progress, and good luck :D

Hi Sorry to add to your workload but i think it would be great if u added purchase price .. wages etc
Ie .Fekir 17m over instalments around 50k a week to your player list.

Also i love ur tactic the way the players with lng shots bang em in for fun

Do you think this will work on ´18 ? I had a blast with it on the last game :)

Bug

Hello,im still play fm17, wanted to ask that I've encountered a bug where my complete forward and advanced forward will exchange roles(my complete forward will become advanced forward) for no reason and at around 23minutes in a match. No other tactic ive tried has ever done this. Can anyone help me with this?

I have struggle using this tactic against 4 2 3 1 formation, any suggestion guys ?????

Hi, I"m french and I used this tactic since 1 1/2. I played with Ilympique de Marseille.
I was finished 2nd last year. I lost in semi final in C1.
This year I'm 1st in Ligue 1. There is 10 matchs again et I'm in semi final VS Napoli. I won against Barcelone (6-4) in o tatal score.
But I have a question : sometimes I Lost (3 games/year) against un small team. I don't know why.
I bought in 2 years : Hendrix, Escales, Balotelli (end of contract:)).
Have fun.

Hi all, apologies for bumping this ancient thread and the long post. I know there are still plenty of people out there playing FM17, and I want to share my tweak of this tactic that has worked fantastically for me. 4-3-1-2 is my favourite formation to play with in FM, and I have experimented extensively with Jesaustralia's tactic, the original Gamebreaker by the Reckonist, and my own creations across my various saves. What I liked particularly about Jesaustralia's tactic was that both strikers score lots of goals, and the build up play was full of intent, and not just keeping a hold of possession for possession's sake. I feel that my tweak manages to remain true to these principles while at the same time addressing the 2 biggest problems that I noticed with Jesaustralia's tactic, namely breaking down an opponent that sits deep and narrow, and defensive vulnerability down the flanks.

Team instructions I have kept almost the same as Jesaustralia's except I have changed the defensive line to slightly deeper to mitigate those long balls over the top and also to give my attack a bit more depth, which is important for breaking down defensive teams. Full credit must go to Jesaustralia for bringing us his immensely fun tactic to begin with.

The formation of my tweak looks like this:
formation.jpg

As you can see, a few of the roles have been changed. Due to the high number of attacking duties in Jesaustralia's tactic (both strikers and the AMC were set to attack), it struggled against extremely defensive opponents as everyone was trying to make runs into space that simply did not exist. I have changed one of the strikers to a DLF on support to create confusion in the opponent's defensive line and open up space for us to attack. He links up well with the CM-A, who frequently bursts past him into the box, while still getting into dangerous areas himself to score goals. The AMC has also been been changed to a support duty and instructed to move into channels in order to find pockets of space that all the movement around him is generating. He behaves more like a playmaker than in Jesaustralia's system, and uses his passing and vision to unlock opposition defences. While not picking up huge amounts of assists, he is often responsible for the "pass before the assist". The roles and PIs for the 3 central midfielders have not been changed. In defence, I have given the PIs "Dribble less" and "Fewer risky passes" to both fullbacks, as they already play with an inherently high level of risk due to the Attacking team mentality and the last thing I want is for them to lose possession up the pitch and leave my entire flank exposed. The less attacking fullback who was a FB-S in Jesaustralia's tactic has been changed to a WB on defend for 2 main reasons. Firstly, the CM on attack needs more defensive protection on his side of the field to allow him the freedom to constantly bomb forward. Secondly, I wanted him to stay wide but not commit forward too much in order to draw out the opposition winger/wide midfielder/wingback and break open those banks of 4 or 5 defenders that are so hard to break down.

Let me attempt to illustrate this with a sequence of screenshots from a typical build-up move:

In this game, my Atletico Madrid (attacking right to left) faced a Valencia side that turned up with a defensive 4-2-2-2 in order to sit deep and frustrate us before attempting to hit us on the break. In this first screen shot, my AMC Gregor has drifted wide to get involved and pick up possession. One of Valencia's DMs has followed him. Notice how my right WB on defend (number 2) is staying wide and deep, while my left FB on attack (number 3) has already taken up an advanced position on the opposite flank. It is by using this asymmetry between the flanks that I manipulate and create space in the attacking third.
buildup1.jpg

Gregor's movement opens up space in the middle, and he lays it off to Mikami (my MCL who is playing as a support Ball winning midfielder)
buildup2.jpg

Mikami plays it forward to my Advanced forward Moya, who is being closely marked. Notice how the positioning of my right WB (number 2) has got Valencia's left wide midfielder (number 19) occupied enough to prevent him from dropping deeper and narrower to help prevent a potential overload situation developing in the middle. Valencia's number 6 is now having to contend with 2 of my central players running from deep (my number 8 and 18). Meanwhile, my left fullback on attack duty is about to get even more forward and keep Valencia's right fullback and right wide midfielder pinned down on that flank.
buildup3.jpg

Moya waits for support, attracting 3 defenders to close him down in the process. He then lays it off to Grujic, my CM on attack who is running forward from deep. Valencia's number 19 is still keeping an eye on my right WB (number 2), who has largely held his position but could potentially make a burst down the touchline.
buildup4.jpg

Grujic plays it short to my AMC Gregor, who has now found a dangerous amount of space just outside the penalty area that is available because Valencia's number 19 has been caught out wide watching my right wingback (number 2).
buildup5.jpg

Gregor's dribbling and acceleration carries him into the box, and my 2 strikers (number 10 and number 19) are waiting in position for the cutback. Unfortunately, on this occasion Gregor is unable to pick out either of them and the move breaks down.
buildup6.jpg

So as I said, this tweak has come about through many, many seasons of experimentation with various teams. The final version (which is attached) was used for the most recent season (2027/2028) in my journeyman save which was my second season in charge of Atletico Madrid. When I took over, the club was in massive debt and had a wage bill of more than 3.5 million pounds/week, and so at the end of my first season I sold off the club's world class wingers, who were by far the highest earners, to pave the way for me to plug in this 4-3-1-2. I ended up winning the domestic treble (La Liga, Super Cup, Copa del Rey), and lost in the semi-final of the Champions League to Man Utd when I was missing my best striker and most of my first team midfielders due to an injury crisis.

Here was the final league table:
league table.jpg

And the transfers this season, which show an overhaul of the squad achieved despite a massive negative net spend:
transfers.jpg

My 3 main strikers, whom I rotated heavily, all scored over 25 goals each (my 4th choice striker is a youth prospect who I keep around the first team to give the occasional sub appearance or cup start):

Ze Gomes - the main man in attack. Played mostly in the AF position, but sometimes as the DLF when paired with Moya. Was on track to smash the club's record number of goals in a season until injuries in the 2nd half of the season robbed him of momentum and form.
ze gomes.jpg

Pedro Sousa - played exclusively in the DLF position.
pedro sousa.jpg

Derek Moya - played exclusively in the AF position
derek moya.jpg

As you can see, my players are pretty good, but certainly not among the best players in the world in their positions. Here were some of my other key performers this season:

Jose Ruiz (AMC) - probably an above-average La Liga AMC at best, but his flair, vision and movement off the ball were instrumental to opening up opposition defences. A better player in this position would create all sorts of damage.
jose ruiz.jpg

Marko Grujic (CM attack) - an all-action box-to-box type of player. His fairly average stamina meant he frequently had to be subbed off.
marko grujic.jpg

Jose Sangoy (Left FB attack) - bombs forward at every opportunity and takes up attacking positions that wingers would typically occupy. This player needs to have superb physical attributes to allow him to get up and down that flank.
jose sangoy.jpg

And safe to say this was my best result of the season...
vs RMad.jpg

Attachments

• tweak of Jesaustralia's 4312_F6B90D0B-1779-440B-86C2-3E41A59F1E59.fmf
    39.9 KB · Views: 227
Continued from previous post

Tactic adjustments during games (very important)

I do not use OIs except occasionally in big games to show one-footed world class opposition players onto their weak foot etc.
I almost NEVER change the team mentality as I want my players to play with intent and look to play the incisive pass when it is available, regardless of whether I am at home or away, and regardless of the quality of the opposition. Very occasionally I will play on Control if it is a two-legged cup tie and I have won the first leg comfortably and want my players to take slightly fewer risks.

It is very important to watch your games (on at least extended highlights) to see how the opposition is approaching the match and reacting to match events. Therefore, I can't vouch for Instant Result giving you the same consistency of results that I have had.

Team instruction "Pass into space" - I will use this when I see the opposition play with a high defensive line or try to aggressively press me. You can get an idea of this happening when you are patiently building up play in your own half just before you reach the halfway line and you see your strikers on the shoulder of the last man with space available in behind. This tends to happen when you play against big teams, particularly away from home, or when the opposition is chasing a goal. I don't have this TI on all the time, as most of the time the opposition will sit deep and look to compress space to negate our numerical strength in the middle of the park.

When the opposition have 1 or more players in the DMC/DMCR/DMCL positions - remove the team instruction "Exploit the middle". It is going to get congested just in front of the opposition area with the presence of 1 or more opposition DMs. By removing this TI, your build-up is still naturally going to go through the middle predominantly due to the shape of the formation, but we want to spread the play a bit more to drag defenders out of position.

When the opposition play defensive, deep and narrow with no attacking intent whatsoever - this will happen more and more often as your team's reputation increases through your successes. Typically I have found that the 4-3-1-2 struggles the most to break down a defensive 4-1-4-1. In these situations, I change the right WB to a FB support, and remove the TIs "Exploit the middle" and "Work into box" to encourage spreading of the play and more risky through balls and crosses into the box. Because removing "Work into box" will also promote wasteful long shots, I also add the PI "shoot less often" to all 3 central midfielders.

Shutting up shop - only to be used in the last 5-10 minutes of a big match like a cup final. Change team mentality to Defensive, use TIs "Take a breather", "Waste time", and "Retain possession". Also change the left FB to support instead of attack, and the CM attack to a stock standard BWM support like the MCL. You may also wish to change Team Shape to Very Fluid to make the team more compact in defence, but use with caution if the opposition are finding lots of space on the flanks to put in crosses.

I hope you guys enjoy using this tweak, and once again thanks to Jesaustralia for his original tweak of Gamebreaker. Any feedback on how it performs with different teams would be greatly appreciated.