Joe Cole signs contract with Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the article says, that a contract will be signed after the World Cup only after J.Cole has passed a stringent medical at Arsenal to make sure he is up to scratch fitness wise. So he hasn't actually signed, but a deal is in place. I wouldn't trust Goal.com though, they said in January that Chamakh had agreed a move to Liverpool.

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

also sorry bit off topic, joss what subjects are you doing for AS?

I hope so re: Joe Cole Poobington.
Also OFF TOPIC: RE: Second point: I've finished now! (as of yesterday) But i was doing History, Politics, Spanish, and English Literature. Assuming you're doing/did them too?

EDIT: We shouldn't spam, PM or write on my "visitor wall"

I hope so re: Joe Cole Poobington.
Also OFF TOPIC: RE: Second point: I've finished now! (as of yesterday) But i was doing History, Politics, Spanish, and English Literature. Assuming you're doing/did them too?

EDIT: We shouldn't spam, PM or write on my "visitor wall"

kk i still have maths to do how depressing :( but i did have History too

Im not sure its a done deal yet but i do think he will sign for the Gunners. I also think they may re sign Henry,would be a shock but i can see it happening.

Arsenal signing an English player ?

wow....

Im not sure its a done deal yet but i do think he will sign for the Gunners. I also think they may re sign Henry,would be a shock but i can see it happening.

he will play for Arsenal again i think he said when he went he would come back

I would welcome Thierry back with open arms, but i haven't heard anything about that? I agree that Goal.com isn't by any means the most reliable but it's not like it's the Daily Star or The Sun.. I hope both rumours are true, but also i agree it's a bit of a funny time to sign a contract - a day before the USA game, especially when he's said he's just concentrating on the World Cup for now. Would be a really good signing i think, similar to Arshavin positionally, and has good technique, plus he has experience and is english! Who'd have thought Wenger would sign an Englishman who is also over the age of 13?

Arsene Wenger does not like English players, maybe because of the rivalry between France and England, so I think this is a made up story to be honest.

I hope he hasn't signed for Arsenal! I want him at Spurs

Strange, he said himself in the press conference after training in SA that he was leaving it all until after the World Cup.

Goal.com are getting as bad as the Mail.

Strange, he said himself in the press conference after training in SA that he was leaving it all until after the World Cup.

Goal.com are getting as bad as the Mail.

Fabregas also said he wouldn't leave Arsenal-the club he loves, two weeks later he wanted to leave to Barca, never trust a footballer

Arsene Wenger does not like English players, maybe because of the rivalry between France and England, so I think this is a made up story to be honest.
eh? that is patently not true at all.

Shows what you know. Wenger loves England and the English. In fact im sure he stated a while back that he would rather manage the English national side than the French.

eh? that is patently not true at all.

Well how come he always buys foreign players instead of english players, Bentley is better on the right wing then Eboue so why did he prefer Eboue to Bentley? He obviously has a problem with signing english players because of the rivalry between france and england, thats why has signs french players instead of english players. He swapped an english player A.Cole for a french player Gallas, and he replaced Coles left back position with Clichy another french player so these things add up.

Last edited:
Fabregas also said he wouldn't leave Arsenal-the club he loves, two weeks later he wanted to leave to Barca, never trust a footballer

*Never trust a greasy Spaniard.

Well how come he always buys foreign players instead of english players, Bentley is better on the right wing then Eboue so why did he prefer Eboue to Bentley? He obviously has a problem with signing english players because of the rivalry between france and england, thats why has signs french players instead of english players. He swapped an english player A.Cole for a french player Gallas, and he replaced Coles left back position with Clichy another french player so these things add up.
There is a number of reasons he doesn't buy many English players,main one is value for money. He gets better value from abroad. He does buy some British players though,here are a few i can think of:

Sol Campbell
Theo Walcott
Aron Ramsey (Welsh i know)
Francis Jeffers
Jermaine Pennant

when bentley was at arsenal he was usless that is why he preferred eboue, he signed clitchy and gallas because they are good players, why did he sign walcott for alot of money (cant remember how much) if he hates the english

when bentley was at arsenal he was usless that is why he preferred eboue, he signed clitchy and gallas because they are good players, why did he sign walcott for alot of money (cant remember how much) if he hates the english

I don't know why he signed Walcott, that is maybe the exception to the rule but my original point still remains. Why is it that Walcott is the only english player in the Arsenal senior squad, this is the english league and only one english player?????

he buys what he considers to be the best regardless of where they are from. cole went to chesea because he was tapped up, and he wanted to go. bentley went because of his poor attitude when he was younger, same with pennant. do some research becasue you are wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.