Joe Cole signs contract with Arsenal

• Thread starter Thread starter Gooner12
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 79
  • Views Views 5K
Status
Not open for further replies.
he buys what he considers to be the best regardless of where they are from. cole went to chesea because he was tapped up, and he wanted to go. bentley went because of his poor attitude when he was younger, same with pennant. do some research becasue you are wrong

Well I disagree with that but you are entitled to your opinion.

I don't know why he signed Walcott, that is maybe the exception to the rule but my original point still remains. Why is it that Walcott is the only english player in the Arsenal senior squad, this is the english league and only one english player?????

Kieran Gibbs

I don't know why he signed Walcott, that is maybe the exception to the rule but my original point still remains. Why is it that Walcott is the only english player in the Arsenal senior squad, this is the english league and only one english player?????
what about Campbell (i no he is leaving), gibbs and wilshire + all the really good english talent he has got comeing through

i Doubt This Report. But I Would LOVE him With us, Him and Cesc (we will keep him ;) ) Ripping Defences Apart :)

I think he will be a great signing for Arsenal and if I was Arsene I would sent Walcott out on loan to a championship team for a season so he can learn how to play football

I think he will be a great signing for Arsenal and if I was Arsene I would sent Walcott out on loan to a championship team for a season so he can learn how to play football
to be honest walcott and arsene need to decide what kind of play he is going to be. and walcott needs to get his head down and work on his basic skills

Yes he is English but you will see that when he gets a good offer for Gibbs he will sell him and replace him with another french player for sure.

Unlikely, but we will see.

Keown, Seaman, Dixon, Adams and Campbell all played for Wenger. Possibly his best ever backline, he didnt replace them with Frenchmen, at least until they retired, with the exception of Campbell who wasnt sold, but chose to leave on a Bosman.

The point is, Wenger doesnt see value for money from buying English players, they are almost always overpriced.

Take Carrick as an example, hes not a world class player even now and certainly wasnt when he moved to United for a total fee of almost £20million. Not exactly the same kind of player but Wenger purchased Alex Song for a cool £1million at the same time.

Can you tell me that Carrick has been 20 times better than Song? No.

Last edited:
Unlikely, but we will see.

Keown, Seaman, Dixon, Adams and Campbell all played for Wenger. Possibly his best ever backline, he didnt replace them with Frenchmen, at least until they retired, with the exception of Capmbell who wasnt sold, but chose to leave on a Bosman.

The point is, Wenger doesnt see value for money from buying English players, they are almost always overpriced.

Take Carrick as an example, hes not a world class player even now and certainly wasnt when he moved to United for a total fee of almost £20 Million. Not exactly the same kind of player but Wenger purchased Alex Song for a cool £1million at the same time.

Can you tell me that Carrick has been 20 times the better player than Song? No.
this. so many times this.

the best comparable player to carrick is denilson, and he cost 3.4 million.

if arsenal do actually get joe cole they should let fab go for 25mil + yaya
i would love there midfield
they need a striker though

I doubt this is true yet, though I can see it happening in the coming weeks.

Goal.com is about as reliable as a drunk man in a pub randomly shouting about football..

Arsene Wenger does not like English players, maybe because of the rivalry between France and England, so I think this is a made up story to be honest.

Theo Walcott id English..
Wenger always says good things about him, and he splashed 9 million to get him.

Because Goal.com would find out before the Official Arsenal website, misleading thread........

I have a strong feeling Cole will come to Arsenal, whether or not a deal has been done already. Apparently he wants to stay in London so it's basically between Arsenal and Spurs and they already have great players in Kranjcar and Modric in his position(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back