Joe vs Rage Against the machine

Joe vs Rage

• Joe Mcelderry

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • Rage Against The Machine

Votes: 49 76.6%

• Total voters
It's not a shame. It's not his god given right to get xmas number one.

Great

It's not about Simon Cowell for me it's more stopping a Karioke song winning xmas number 1. It used to mean something but the UK is a Moronic Country filled with idiots who like to be spoon fed.

Exactly the same as the rage against the machine campaign... How many people would have gone out and done it if people didnt tell them to ? Probably about 4

Exactly the same as the rage against the machine campaign... How many people would have gone out and done it if people didnt tell them to ? Probably about 4

Yeh, I would be one of those 4 :)

lets be fair if joe and olly swapped birth places we all know who would be releasing the winners song atm

as long as it's not joe McElderey than i'm happy

Anyone see Joe in The Sun throwing darts into a picture of RATM. What a bitter ****.

Not really fussed, as it has no real effect on my life

However, I really don't like Joe's voice, hmm, but then again I don't like the RATM song either.

*Shrug*

Joe is only a singer through luck. RATM have worked hard to get where they are and at least they can play instuments. I mean Joe was born with that voice they had to learn.

Joe is only a singer through luck. RATM have worked hard to get where they are and at least they can play instuments. I mean Joe was born with that voice they had to learn.

What a load of ****, so anyone born with a natural talent and does well in their selected field is there purely from luck alone? Bollocks.

Not purely luck. But he hasnt worked as hard as somwone who knows how to play the guitar for example.

How do you know he hasn't practised and trained his voice just as hard as someone who plays a guitar?

He probably has practised but you can only do so much. Joes voice is as good as it will get where as the guitar takes 10,000 hours to perfect.

He probably has practised but you can only do so much. Joes voice is as good as it will get where as the guitar takes 10,000 hours to perfect.

I doubt very much that Joe's voice is as good as it will get with the amount of professional voice coaches at his disposal now he has backing from a record label.

Maybe you can only do so much but the same can be said of playing the guitar. Without maintaining training your voice can revert to how it was before, so is an ongoing training and practice is essential.

10,000 hours? Where have you plucked that figure from? Is that a known fact?

I doubt very much that Joe's voice is as good as it will get with the amount of professional voice coaches at his disposal now he has backing from a record label.

Maybe you can only do so much but the same can be said of playing the guitar. Without maintaining training your voice can revert to how it was before, so is an ongoing training and practice is essential.

10,000 hours? Where have you plucked that figure from? Is that a known fact?

Voice training takes time, but you can easily get to a pretty acceptable level. Sebastian Bach of Skid Row being a pretty decent example. Getting really good on the guitar is completely different; there are several Spanish guitarists who when they're on tour hardly leave their hotelroom so they can stay in and practice. Eddie Van Halen hardly went out as a teen cause he sat inside practicing.

And 10,00 hours is VERY conservative...

Anyway, he's hardly a very good singer, it doesn't take that much skill to rattle out some pre-written Miley Cyrus song.

Voice training takes time, but you can easily get to a pretty acceptable level. Sebastian Bach of Skid Row being a pretty decent example. Getting really good on the guitar is completely different; there are several Spanish guitarists who when they're on tour hardly leave their hotelroom so they can stay in and practice. Eddie Van Halen hardly went out as a teen cause he sat inside practicing.

And 10,00 hours is VERY conservative...

Anyway, he's hardly a very good singer, it doesn't take that much skill to rattle out some pre-written Miley Cyrus song.

A disciplined singer will practice for hours a day as would a guitarist.

And you might be able to get an acceptable level but that at the very minimum needs to be maintained.

A disciplined singer will practice for hours a day as would a guitarist.

And you might be able to get an acceptable level but that at the very minimum needs to be maintained.

Depends very much on the style of singing. Opera singers yes, Joe Elderberry? Doubt it. Singers like Robert Plant, Bon Scott and Axl Rose didn't take singing lessons or practice much, but they've still got terrific voices. Bryn Terfel or Eros Ramassoti, whose voices i don't appreciate as much, probably practice far more.

I hope to god your not putting Joe McElderey in the same bracket as Robert Plant. :)