• Replies Replies 81
  • Views Views 5K
Status
Not open for further replies.

DMF

@dmf180593
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CO6ymxxLg8

Joey Barton is back to his old ways, and may face an FA charge after being caught on camera punching Morten Gamst Pedersen in the chest.

I said this in a previous thread, and I believe I've been proved right :)

Doesn't matter whether he's done it recently.

Had this discussion on another thread about 'Prisoners being set free'. If you murder someone, and go to jail for 35 years and come out a changed man, you're still a murderer.

Joey Barton is a thug. He's not as bad as he used to be granted, but he is a thug nonetheless. All it will take is one person to push him too far (like a Gary Neville) and he'll flip again.

So, your thoughts?

this made my morning XD i love how he tried to make out he only slapped him ha

Just Joey Barton all over to be honest, I know i'll probably get abuse from the Newcastle fans but his temper is poor, they barely even brushed shoulders, and he turns around and jabs him in the ribs?

It's not acceptable, I hope he gets a few matches ban, and a nice big fine to go with it, never liked him & never will.

It gets worse the more you watch it. To be playing football only to be possibly winded by a thump in the chest would be mighty painful and that is not on.

Barton is and will always be a thug. Yes he has calmed a bit, but the madman inside him will always be there. Problem is, worst the FA will do is either a small fine or a few games ban. I say to stamp this out of football take points off teams - only then will people learn to get on.

It gets worse the more you watch it. To be playing football only to be possibly winded by a thump in the chest would be mighty painful and that is not on.

Barton is and will always be a thug. Yes he has calmed a bit, but the madman inside him will always be there. Problem is, worst the FA will do is either a small fine or a few games ban. I say to stamp this out of football take points off teams - only then will people learn to get on.

I agree with you on some parts here, but I don't agree on the points deduction, because a whole different arguement would come about, which teams should of got points deducted, and when one team doesn't the other kicks off.

It would never happen, but I think the 4 or 5 match ban should be right.

I agree with you on some parts here, but I don't agree on the points deduction, because a whole different arguement would come about, which teams should of got points deducted, and when one team doesn't the other kicks off.

It would never happen, but I think the 4 or 5 match ban should be right.
It would be near impossible to implement yes, shame, but in a perfect world its the only way people would learn - fining someone whos making 5/6 figures a week, they wont care. Huge match bans is really the only way forward.

Well, I gave him a chance. Turns out you were right, Barton's an unchangable thug.

It would be near impossible to implement yes, shame, but in a perfect world its the only way people would learn - fining someone whos making 5/6 figures a week, they wont care. Huge match bans is really the only way forward.

I think he'll be given a 3 match ban, but that's no where near enough.

he is a complete **** i like to see some do a number on him some day,no place for these fugs in football

he is a complete **** i like to see some do a number on him some day,no place for these fugs in football

Teams will always look to wind up Joey Barton, and I can tell you if there's anyone who says they wouldn't like to put a stud in Joey's shin pad then they're lying.

Teams will always look to wind up Joey Barton, and I can tell you if there's anyone who says they wouldn't like to put a stud in Joey's shin pad then they're lying.
no one wound him up though, pedersen and him bump shoulders, pedersens him goes up apologetically, and then joey hits him in the chest.

Well that's a good attitude to take. He's a dirty thug, so you try and break his leg? (Y)

He isn't going to change, he'll be given an automatic 3 match ban for violent conduct, then probably more on top of that, for actually punching someone fairly randomly and not just giving them a slap on the cheek which usually warrants a red card.

Well that's a good attitude to take. He's a dirty thug, so you try and break his leg? (Y)

He isn't going to change, he'll be given an automatic 3 match ban for violent conduct, then probably more on top of that, for actually punching someone fairly randomly and not just giving them a slap on the cheek which usually warrants a red card.

I said they would like to.

They're pro enough not to act like a complete **** on the pitch, unlike Joey Barton.

I think Pederson knew what he was doing, he knew Barton would react if he walked into him.. But unfortunately ref didn't see it... I'd love to see what Barton would do if it was Duncan Ferguson who would of walked into him...

I think Pederson knew what he was doing, he knew Barton would react if he walked into him.. But unfortunately ref didn't see it... I'd love to see what Barton would do if it was Duncan Ferguson who would of walked into him...

Don't agree with you here, there's no malice at all in what Pederson does, they brush shoulders, maybe there's an argument that Pederson did it deliberately but Barton over reacts massively, even if MGP did do it on purpose, why did he punch him?

Don't agree with you here, there's no malice at all in what Pederson does, they brush shoulders, maybe there's an argument that Pederson did it deliberately but Barton over reacts massively, even if MGP did do it on purpose, why did he punch him?

I totally agree, there was no need to punch him, and Barton should know better with his reputation that some players will try and anger him.. but after watching the video a few times I can't really tell if it was done purposely, at the most Pederson's arm brushed him, but that doesn't justify him getting punched.

Joey Barton, master of the one inch punch.

Suprised Pederson survived tbh. Reading all these comments before watching it, I thought he properly wound up a haymaker and then knocked Pederson out!

Meh, it wasn't really needed, but at the end of the day, Pederson is ok, he isn't injured, he hasn't had his legs broken, I hardly think anything above a 3 match ban is really needed, or 'deducting points from the team', I mean come on, really? Talk about over reacting. Things like this happen quite often, people get a 3 match ban. Just because its Joey Barton, who to be fair has calmed down alot this season and last, means he needs to be hung, drawn and quatered? and then ********** by dwarves? and then fed to the ladybirds?

Calm down.

Suprised Pederson survived tbh. Reading all these comments before watching it, I thought he properly wound up a haymaker and then knocked Pederson out!

Meh, it wasn't really needed, but at the end of the day, Pederson is ok, he isn't injured, he hasn't had his legs broken, I hardly think anything above a 3 match ban is really needed, or 'deducting points from the team', I mean come on, really? Talk about over reacting. Things like this happen quite often, people get a 3 match ban. Just because its Joey Barton, who to be fair has calmed down alot this season and last, means he needs to be hung, drawn and quatered? and then ********** by dwarves? and then fed to the ladybirds?

Calm down.

Only you could think of that Dunc..

Personally I'd be calling for more than 3 match ban for anyone who, completely unprovoked punches someone in the ribs. Of course being Joey Barton makes it seem worse and I don't agree with a points deduction, but this doesn't really "happen quite often" - when it does, players are punished - 'handbags' happen fairly often, but pushing and shoving is different to actually punching someone...

Calm down.

I disgaree totally, ok maybe points do not need to be decuted from the team but I think Barton deserves a hefty fine and atleast a 5 match ban, players who get 3 match bans are those who get red cards because they poorly mistime tackles mostly while this was a full-blooded punch by a footballer which was done on purpose and even though Pederson was not injured, I am sure none of you would shrug it off if someone gives u a punch like that for no good reason, violence such as that has no place in football

but this doesn't really "happen quite often"

I prety much guarentee that most weeks on match of the day, you will see some form of dangerous play from a player. Wether it be punching, kicking out, grabbing by the neck, poking up the ***, you name it.

Even last night, Fellaini got sent off for 'kicking out' at someone.

I just don't see how you would want to punish someone for a mear punch, that has caused little to no damage, more than someone who plants both feet in the middle of someones leg and breaks it, with a late reckless challenge, as they would only get a 3 game ban.

I think Barton deserves a hefty fine and atleast a 5 match ban

Calm down Captain Overreaction. Atleast a 5 match ban? Soon your going to be asking for lifetime bans for people who handle the ball on the line, or people who are last man and commit a foul to be sent to the firing squad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back