Joey Barton Caught Punching Pedersen

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 81
  • Views Views 5K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I prety much guarentee that most weeks on match of the day, you will see some form of dangerous play from a player. Wether it be punching, kicking out, grabbing by the neck, poking up the ***, you name it.

Even last night, Fellaini got sent off for 'kicking out' at someone.

I just don't see how you would want to punish someone for a mear punch, that has caused little to no damage, more than someone who plants both feet in the middle of someones leg and breaks it, with a late reckless challenge, as they would only get a 3 game ban.

when a player does a reckless challenge he either misitmes it badly and he does not mean it, unfortunaetly such injuries are serious but what Joey Barton did was on purpose and he really meant it especially after footage of how hard he hit Pederson, the public generally frowns upon tackles but they know that the challenge was mistimed and as tackles are part of the game, not much can be done as players dont misitme challenges on purpose, a footballer punching another footballer in a live game in the EPL which is the most lucrative league in the world and has a huge fan base genrally has wide-reaching consequences and makes it look like a league in some small country when such things happen.

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

I prety much guarentee that most weeks on match of the day, you will see some form of dangerous play from a player. Wether it be punching, kicking out, grabbing by the neck, poking up the ***, you name it.

Even last night, Fellaini got sent off for 'kicking out' at someone.

I just don't see how you would want to punish someone for a mear punch, that has caused little to no damage, more than someone who plants both feet in the middle of someones leg and breaks it, with a late reckless challenge, as they would only get a 3 game ban.

Calm down Captain Overreaction. Atleast a 5 match ban? Soon your going to be asking for lifetime bans for people who handle the ball on the line, or people who are last man and commit a foul to be sent to the firing squad.

wow, so tommorow a similar incident will happen and what if this time the player on the end of it gets injured, Pederson could have bruised his ribs after taking that punch, so lets just treat such incidents as normal and give the player a 3-match ban normally given to people who get red-carded not because they behave like a gangster and punch someone

when a player does a reckless challenge he either misitmes it badly and he does not mean it, unfortunaetly such injuries are serious but what Joey Barton did was on purpose and he really meant it especially after footage of how hard he hit Pederson, the public generally frowns upon tackles but they know that the challenge was mistimed and as tackles are part of the game, not much can be done as players dont misitme challenges on purpose, a footballer punching another footballer in a live game in the EPL which is the most lucrative league in the world and has a huge fan base genrally has wide-reaching consequences and makes it look like a league in some small country when such things happen.

Really? I never knew you were in every footballers brain and knew if they ever went for a tackle and meant to take the player instead of the ball. You really think a player never always goes for the ball? Naivety at its finest.

Pederson could have bruised his ribs after taking that punch

So? A defender elbowing you in the face, can infact, break your jaw. Someone jumping in from 10 yards away and connecting with your leg, can infact, break your leg. Someone kicking you in the ribs, could infact, break your ribs.

By the sound of it, Pederson could be out for around 6 months, with some slight rib bruising...

I know I am bias as I am a Newcastle fan, but so many people just jump on the 'Joey Barton is a ****' steam train, they have no idea what they are talking about, and overreact. If it was anyone else, everyone would just be like 'Oh 3 game ban...'.

Last edited:
Really? I never knew you were in every footballers brain and knew if they ever went for a tackle and meant to take the player instead of the ball. You really think a player never always goes for the ball? Naivety at its finest.

In the EPL I dont think so, I dont understand why one player will injure another and then get a red card, its not naivety as in the EPL I doubt players will go so low, obviously if Joey Barton had been punched u would be singing another tune

Dunc, cant speak for the others on here, but personally im not having a go just because its Barton, he needless punched another player, its a closed fist punch. Any way you cut it thats at least a 3 match ban for violent conduct, and probably and extra game on top. There is no need for that, from any player.

I guarentee you I would be saying the same if Reo-Coker did it, or Gabby, or Young. Because he's Joey Barton more questions will be asked, but it's still a three match ban at least.

It's all a conspiracy I tell you!

I just don't see how anyone could justify anything more than a three game ban for violent conduct.

So? A defender elbowing you in the face, can infact, break your jaw. Someone jumping in from 10 yards away and connecting with your leg, can infact, break your leg. Someone kicking you in the ribs, could infact, break your ribs.

By the sound of it, Pederson could be out for around 6 months, with some slight rib bruising...

I know I am bias as I am a Newcastle fan, but so many people just jump on the 'Joey Barton is a ****' steam train, they have no idea what they are talking about, and overreact. If it was anyone else, everyone would just be like 'Oh 3 game ban...'.
]

There is a difference there is'nt it, elobowing in the face, tackling is done while playing footy but punching someone makes it sound as if a gang fight just erupted, so are u saying that players should be given bans according to the injuries they cause?

It's all a conspiracy I tell you!

I just don't see how anyone could justify anything more than a three game ban for violent conduct.
technically thats assault (in no way am i saying it should be treated that way or that the police should be involved), and there will be some high ad mighty people baying for it to be treated like that.

Its retrospective action, so the ban could be longer, and the intent is more clear cut in this incident. And sadly i fear his previous behaviour (which in my opinion shouldnt have much to do with this) will count against him. It already did against wolves. Had it been any other player getting kicked like that wolves would have had 3 players sent off

There is a difference there is'nt it, elobowing in the face, tackling is done while playing footy but punching someone makes it sound as if a gang fight just erupted, so are u saying that players should be given bans according to the injuries they cause?

Nope. What I am saying is, punching someone is 'violent conduct'. Elbowing someone is 'violent conduct'. Kicking someone after the ball has gone is 'violent conduct'.

To say that punching someone deserves a longer ban for punching than someone kicking someone or elbowing someone off the ball, which are all worthy of a 3 game ban, is ridiculous.

Understandably, punching is not something we want to see in our games, but it doesn't mean that someone should be given extra punishment in correlation to what body part they use in their act of 'violent conduct'.

technically thats assault

So is elbowing/kicking someone off the ball. To start bringing statements like that onto the football pitch will ruin the game.

Nope. What I am saying is, punching someone is 'violent conduct'. Elbowing someone is 'violent conduct'. Kicking someone after the ball has gone is 'violent conduct'.

To say that punching someone deserves a longer ban for punching than someone kicking someone or elbowing someone off the ball, which are all worthy of a 3 game ban, is ridiculous.

Understandably, punching is not something we want to see in our games, but it doesn't mean that someone should be given extra punishment in correlation to what body part they use in their act of 'violent conduct'.

So is elbowing/kicking someone off the ball. To start bringing statements like that onto the football pitch will ruin the game.
You've taken what i said out of context, i dont agree withe that view, like i said i dont think it should ever be viewed that way, but there will be some who view it like that. Like it or not punching someone is seen differently. And i think he could get a 4-5 game ban. I also think he will he singled out because he is Joey Barton

Wrong. If thats the case pepe would have escaped 10 match ban handed to him last season. Punching is different from all you mentioned.

I'm not saying Barton should be banned for more than 3 games, which even i oppose, but what you said was completely wrong.

pepe-loses-his-rag.jpg

Joey Barton, master of the one inch punch.

Suprised Pederson survived tbh. Reading all these comments before watching it, I thought he properly wound up a haymaker and then knocked Pederson out!

Meh, it wasn't really needed, but at the end of the day, Pederson is ok, he isn't injured, he hasn't had his legs broken, I hardly think anything above a 3 match ban is really needed, or 'deducting points from the team', I mean come on, really? Talk about over reacting. Things like this happen quite often, people get a 3 match ban. Just because its Joey Barton, who to be fair has calmed down alot this season and last, means he needs to be hung, drawn and quatered? and then ********** by dwarves? and then fed to the ladybirds?

Calm down.

This. Pedersen is known to wind players up, and he knew what he was doing. Pedersen's a Valerenga supporter too, so I would naturally be inclined to slag Barton here.

Wrong. If thats the case pepe would have escaped 10 match ban handed to him last season. Punching is different from all you mentioned.

I'm not saying Barton should be banned for more than 3 games, which even i oppose, but what you said was completely wrong.

Not really. As it is an opinion, my opinion, it can't be wrong, but other peoples can differ.

Feel free to argue your case, but to completely dismiss what I am saying because of one incident is royaly retarded. No wonder no one takes anything you say seriously.

Personally, 'violent conduct' is what it says on the tin, no matter how it is performed. Some is more 'violent' then others, thus could induce a longer ban. I would classify 'punching someone' and 'elbowing someone' in a similar bracket of 'violent conduct', and as most people that 'elbow' someone, get a 3 match ban, I can hardly see why Barton should be subjected to a ban of any length longer than that.

EDIT: After just viewing the 'Pepe incident', how you can compare it to the 'Barton Punch', is beyond me.

Last edited:
Not really. As it is an opinion, my opinion, it can't be wrong, but other peoples can differ.

Feel free to argue your case, but to completely dismiss what I am saying because of one incident is royaly retarded. No wonder no one takes anything you say seriously.

Personally, 'violent conduct' is what it says on the tin, no matter how it is performed. Some is more 'violent' then others, thus could induce a longer ban. I would classify 'punching someone' and 'elbowing someone' in a similar bracket of 'violent conduct', and as most people that 'elbow' someone, get a 3 match ban, I can hardly see why Barton should be subjected to a ban of any length longer than that.

EDIT: After just viewing the 'Pepe incident', how you can compare it to the 'Barton Punch', is beyond me.[/QUOTE]

Both are violent conduct ffs.

Yes, no one takes seriously yet some ****** quoted me and type someone that makes sense to only biased supporters,

I never said he should be handed any extra match ban, but to say punching is same as tackling or elbowing is delusion and needs to get head checked.

Oops. Green name..

I just watched it now on Dunc's favourite... Goal.com XD

the law is the law, he raised his hand to a player and struck him, the FA should slap him with a mandatory fine for violent conduct, it was not excessively violent or intentionally trying to really punch him.

nothing more nothing less to be honest

If it had been any other player then the knives will not be as sharp as they are for Joey Barton. Yes he has hit someone and will probably get a ban but I still think others will be calling for a longer ban just because it is Joey Barton and for what he has done previously.

EDIT. Personally I hate the guy but as I said others will be calling for him to be hung, drawn and quartered just because of his name.

Last edited:
I just watched it now on Dunc's favourite... Goal.com XD

the law is the law, he raised his hand to a player and struck him, the FA should slap him with a mandatory fine for violent conduct, it was not excessively violent or intentionally trying to really punch him.

nothing more nothing less to be honest

He quite clearly meant to punch him in the chest. No question about that..

Oh dear Joey...

Best players are always the troublesome ones though. Roy Keane, Maradona, Best, these players weren't exactly angels, so Joey still goes on the back of my shirt.

He quite clearly meant to punch him in the chest. No question about that..
yes definately, but I was stating that because he is Joey Barton, people do not need to blow it out of proportion. He deserves a normal ban or fine for violent conduct!

yes definately, but I was stating that because he is Joey Barton, people do not need to blow it out of proportion. He deserves a normal ban or fine for violent conduct!

Yeah I agree with that..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back