Joey Barton Caught Punching Pedersen

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 81
  • Views Views 5K
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think he has had one chance two many tbh, that is shocking and really if i was his manager i wouldnt play him again because one he hasnt learned anything from what has happened in his career and thinks its acceptable and is taking for granted that becasue he is a good footballer he can get away with it, and my second point is that i would not want my young players watching this and thinking joey has got away with so much in his career i think i can do the same. He is a complete an utter idiot and should have his contract ripped up and never be allowed backj into football ever again becasue it would be a better place without him.

Is this thread about arguements with Dunc or Joey Barton? Just so I know...

The more I watch it, the more Pederson looks like a *****... fair enough its a punch, you would go down but come on.. Joey's not Thor

Why punch someone in the ribs when there are balls to be hit.

The more I watch it, the more Pederson looks like a *****... fair enough its a punch, you would go down but come on.. Joey's not Thor
But it was completely unprovoked, it honestly looked like Pedersen was trying to walk past him, the contact was absolutely minimal, and he lashes out, short hand jab to the ribs. Could have quite easily winded him, would have completely shocked him. Call me a *****, but he was not expecting that and 99% of footballers would have gone to the floor after that.

tell me what difference pederson looks like ***** has to do with it. Joey barton punched him that is a sending off and also needs to be dealt with the FA and they should give him what he deserves

Why would you go down? None of my sunday league team would (but it would probably result in a 22 man brawl, so it's a good thing he did drop like a fly really)

A former player of ours has been banned for life after punching a ref in the face after a game recently, where the ref 'apparently' provoked him saying : 'hit me, I dare you, you haven't got the balls to'

I know the face is slightly different to the ribs, but if the fa make such decisions at sunday league level, then they must surely show consistency across the board?

:S

mate people mostly get lashed upon cos of their choice of words, no matter what u think.. Its kind of stupid that you insulted Dunc in a way by saying that since he is a moderator he will definelty have an ego:S

Insulted? If anything, he was the first to start with. He might be the mod here, that doesn't mean his views are corret or he has some right to insult someone.

Anyways I'm not having a go at you mate, just that "Completely wrong" riled him up so much, it is beyond funny. To back it up he started with stupid retorts. (Not as if I talk them seriously).

Insulted? If anything, he was the first to start with. He might be the mod here, that doesn't mean his views are corret or he has some right to insult someone.

Anyways I'm not having a go at you mate, just that "Completely wrong" riled him up so much, it is beyond funny. To back it up he started with stupid retorts. (Not as if I talk them seriously).
stick to the subject of barton, or continue via VM/PM please

Violent conduct = 3 match ban & a decent fine as well for bringing the game into disrepute.

It was a stupid thing to do and since it's Joey Barton people are making a much bigger deal out of it than they would if it was anyone else. No injury caused, see worse down the local on any given friday night.

Looks like he will serve a few matches out for this and rightly so. It was a very good punch though good technique.

I agree with Dunc. Punching someone should fall under violent conduct. If your arguement is that punching someone can actually be viewed as assault then so can kicking after the ball is gone and elbowing. The definition of assault doesn't change with respect to bodyparts used.

I agree with Dunc. Punching someone should fall under violent conduct. If your arguement is that punching someone can actually be viewed as assault then so can kicking after the ball is gone and elbowing. The definition of assault doesn't change with respect to bodyparts used.
That was never the argument, merely that the intent was there.

Why would you go down? None of my sunday league team would?

Why wouldn't you? If you're in a televised event like a football match and you Joey Barton punches you, regardless of how much weight is behind it you WOULD go down because thats what the game is. If you were Pederson, I'm sure going through his mind is 'ive been punched, try and get a free kick/ penalty'.

I will grant Pederson the credit for not Nani/ Ronaldoing all over the pitch though. It was stupid of Joey, I'm not condoning it.

That was never the argument, merely that the intent was there.
Where's the lack of intent when kicking after the ball is gone? When elbowing (Ok sometimes this is done by accident)? There's actually no way to differentiate between those 3 things, they're all assault.

But yeah I think you guys already called time on this arguement so I'll just stop there.

dissapointed, i thought hed put all this behind him. its a shame as he was pushing for an england call up with his recent form. 3 match ban and 1 week fine would be fair

Deffo arguing with me :)

Dunc I think you've got to take into account that this site is for people all over the world, who aren't all going to be able to speak as fluent English as yourself or I.

It's not about being fluent, it's about posting something that is readable. I have no issues with spelling, but when someone posts something that makes no sense, what so ever, while trying to insult me, just doesn't work.

mate people mostly get lashed upon cos of their choice of words, no matter what u think.. Its kind of stupid that you insulted Dunc in a way by saying that since he is a moderator he will definelty have an ego:S

I always had an ego, and always will.

Hardly 'riled up'. It was just a retort to you completely dismissing my opinions and calling them 'completely wrong', which, by all means, would go against my character if I didn't respond. If you hadn't come in with such a dismissive post, the whole argument would have been avioded, and likely been an actual debate, rather than a slagging match.

Indeed, someone understood what I was getting at. Woop.

It was a very good punch though good technique.

I actually lol'ed at this. I am sure Barton would have done some sort of boxing / self defence training at some point.

Anyway, enough multi quoting, I feel like Paul ****.

Hardly 'riled up'. It was just a retort to you completely dismissing my opinions and calling them 'completely wrong', which, by all means, would go against my character if I didn't respond. If you hadn't come in with such a dismissive post, the whole argument would have been avioded, and likely been an actual debate, rather than a slagging match.

I said "Wrong choice of words" which i think you have ignored. And your follwing reply hardly made any sense too with few personal insults.

I made it clear that, I agree with your post except for some part. Yes, i shouldn't have used dismissive words, but being a mod your reply was lame. You took it way too personally.

Nothing more from me on this.

My take on this.

1. Three match ban maybe four considering what Rio got that for doing something similar to Fagan last season.

2. Pedersen had probably been winding him up all game but I suppose this occurs in most sports

3. Nice punch

My take on this.

1. Three match ban maybe four considering what Rio got that for doing something similar to Fagan last season.

2. Pedersen had probably been winding him up all game but I suppose this occurs in most sports

3. Nice punch

Yeah Pederson was probably winding him up the whole game but this similar to the Zidane situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back