Jono6895's Double Tactic - Desisive Domination! - 5-2-1-2 / 5-1-2-2

Nice tactic! I just got one question. Maybe im blind but i cant find anything in the opening post about OI? Do you use them or do you let your staff do it for you or do you just let it be as it is?

Nice tactic! I just got one question. Maybe im blind but i cant find anything in the opening post about OI? Do you use them or do you let your staff do it for you or do you just let it be as it is?

Thanks mate, really do appreciate it! In regards to the OI, I don't use any to be quite honest with you and that's why I haven't included anything about it in the post. But if you ever feel the need to then go ahead and I'm sure it could come in handy sometime!

Hey there!
I'm using your tactic, it's pretty decent, 10 games played, only once lost (Norvich 4 - 2 Swansea ).
the tactic is fully fluid now, is there any advice on changing the training (Match. Prep) ?
and about the OI - im using my assistant, my advice - better with OI then without it.

Annnnndddd.... finally my main problem is the defensive play - the opposition team always cracking my middle. i mean they attacking very succsessfully thru the middle and scores 90% of the goals againts me that way.

is there a way to improve the def. play ? maybe changing one of the CB to covering and one to BPD ? any suggestions ?

Thank you and sorry for my horrible english.

View attachment 315488 View attachment 315489 View attachment 315490

Everton first season, finished 3rd which was our lowest position all season, only made one signing and he only played one game. Looked like we might challenge for the league, we were 2 points ahead until we ran into Tottenham, United, Chelsea and Liverpool one after another right towards the end of the season. The only teams that beat us all season were United (H+A, 0-1 both times), Chelsea (away 0-1, beat them at home 3-0), Stoke (away 0-1, beat them at home 5-2) Spurs (home lost 0-2, away drew 0-0) and Liverpool (away lost 0-2, home won 3-0). United beat us in both cup competitions, League cup 3rd round 1-2 away and FA Cup quarter final, 1-1 and then we lost 1-3 AET at home.

Our strikers didn't seem to do too well, Anichebe was my top scorer and he only played 13(1) games, scoring 12 goals. Maybe it just didn't suit Jelavic (10 goals in 28(7)), Mirallas (8 goals in 26(7)) or Vellios (8 goals in 19(12)).

Followed everything you said by the way, didn't incorporate shouts until the 3rd game, the first 2 games ended 5-2 and 4-2 ha.

Hey there!
I'm using your tactic, it's pretty decent, 10 games played, only once lost (Norvich 4 - 2 Swansea ).
the tactic is fully fluid now, is there any advice on changing the training (Match. Prep) ?
and about the OI - im using my assistant, my advice - better with OI then without it.

Annnnndddd.... finally my main problem is the defensive play - the opposition team always cracking my middle. i mean they attacking very succsessfully thru the middle and scores 90% of the goals againts me that way.

is there a way to improve the def. play ? maybe changing one of the CB to covering and one to BPD ? any suggestions ?

Thank you and sorry for my horrible english.

Alright mate, thanks a lot for the feedback, really appreciate it!

In regards to the Match Training, I just go for tactics only at all times, as this will make the team focus on how the formation is set out to play, with fluid passing, wing backs going up and down the line etc, this will focus on what the formation is set out to do, but if your against a top team and feel your team won't win it with you being massive underdogs, then I would recommend you focus on def. positioning in all honesty mate, this should sure up the defense to make you not concede sloppy goals in advance.

I will take your advice regards OI and implement it into my team and get back to you on what I notice then, thanks for telling me mate, appreciate the advice and I will take it in!

To improve the defensive play, once again, I would either focus on the defending on the general training to prevent this possibly or focus on the defensive positioning in the match training, but only do this once the formation is fully fluid anyway!

My pleasure buddy, always happy to help! and your English is perfect, so don't worry about it! :)

View attachment 315488 View attachment 315489 View attachment 315490

Everton first season, finished 3rd which was our lowest position all season, only made one signing and he only played one game. Looked like we might challenge for the league, we were 2 points ahead until we ran into Tottenham, United, Chelsea and Liverpool one after another right towards the end of the season. The only teams that beat us all season were United (H+A, 0-1 both times), Chelsea (away 0-1, beat them at home 3-0), Stoke (away 0-1, beat them at home 5-2) Spurs (home lost 0-2, away drew 0-0) and Liverpool (away lost 0-2, home won 3-0). United beat us in both cup competitions, League cup 3rd round 1-2 away and FA Cup quarter final, 1-1 and then we lost 1-3 AET at home.

Our strikers didn't seem to do too well, Anichebe was my top scorer and he only played 13(1) games, scoring 12 goals. Maybe it just didn't suit Jelavic (10 goals in 28(7)), Mirallas (8 goals in 26(7)) or Vellios (8 goals in 19(12)).

Followed everything you said by the way, didn't incorporate shouts until the 3rd game, the first 2 games ended 5-2 and 4-2 ha.

Great to see it working for you mate, and especially with hardly any signings going into your club and with you being Everton, fantastic news! Maybe agaisnt the top teams, as I've noticed a few people struggle against them but hardly ever lose against the lower teams, we should use defensive positining on the Match Training to sure up the defense, this could make your defense more solid against them is what I am thinking. I will try it out in a few games and see what happens, as I am by no means perfect and especially against the top teams where I tend to sometimes lose or draw.

I have noticed that the strikers don't seem to score a **** of a lot of goals, but maybe this could be due to you rotating a lot? The strikers that you use need to have very good finishing to take up their chances and put them in the back of the net, the midfielders and wing backs along with the RCB seem to chip in with plenty of goals throughout the season. I mean in all honesty mate, I have never once had a player in the top goalscorers chart until this season where Rodrigo Moreno got 23 goals in 35 starts for me, I will post up a screenshot showing the stats of my players at the end of the season, but I have scored 95 goals this Premier League campaign showing this tactic does score a lot!

Is the fact that they ended in those scores a good thing or a bad thing then? I am glad to see it worked for you especially when following everything that I said, really appreciate the feedback buddy!

right heres my record so far p41 w24 l8 d9 f85 a49 so with just 1 game to go im top but 3 teams could go up as it stands 1-81pts 2-81pts 3-80 so it could go any way and im home for the last game wish me luck loving this tac

Great to see it working for you mate, and especially with hardly any signings going into your club and with you being Everton, fantastic news! Maybe agaisnt the top teams, as I've noticed a few people struggle against them but hardly ever lose against the lower teams, we should use defensive positining on the Match Training to sure up the defense, this could make your defense more solid against them is what I am thinking. I will try it out in a few games and see what happens, as I am by no means perfect and especially against the top teams where I tend to sometimes lose or draw.

I have noticed that the strikers don't seem to score a **** of a lot of goals, but maybe this could be due to you rotating a lot? The strikers that you use need to have very good finishing to take up their chances and put them in the back of the net, the midfielders and wing backs along with the RCB seem to chip in with plenty of goals throughout the season. I mean in all honesty mate, I have never once had a player in the top goalscorers chart until this season where Rodrigo Moreno got 23 goals in 35 starts for me, I will post up a screenshot showing the stats of my players at the end of the season, but I have scored 95 goals this Premier League campaign showing this tactic does score a lot!

Is the fact that they ended in those scores a good thing or a bad thing then? I am glad to see it worked for you especially when following everything that I said, really appreciate the feedback buddy!

Well I started the season with Jelavic and Anichebe because Mirallas was injured and Anichebe was immense, but he got injured for a long time not so long into the season. I played with Jelavic and Mirallas mostly with Vellios coming in for injuries and such and then when Anichebe was back he was first choice again. I found myself playing Vellios more than I thought I would because Mirallas and Jelavic weren't very effective.

Thought I'd get quite a bit of spending money due to qualifying for the CL but I got **** all, I've sold off Mirallas (£7M), Naismith (£3.8M) and Gueye (£4M) and I've brought in Lampard (free), Abel Hernandez (£7) and Chamakh (loan, did well at West Ham last season). I'll let you know how it goes.

right heres my record so far p41 w24 l8 d9 f85 a49 so with just 1 game to go im top but 3 teams could go up as it stands 1-81pts 2-81pts 3-80 so it could go any way and im home for the last game wish me luck loving this tac

It seems to be working wonders for you which I'm delighted to hear, the defensive side of this formation for some teams seems to be the downside, so maybe trying working on defensive positioning or on defending to see what that does with the team, as it scores goals for fun, but is sometimes a little leaky at the back! Glad to see it's giving you great success and I can't wait to hear more from you! :D

Well I started the season with Jelavic and Anichebe because Mirallas was injured and Anichebe was immense, but he got injured for a long time not so long into the season. I played with Jelavic and Mirallas mostly with Vellios coming in for injuries and such and then when Anichebe was back he was first choice again. I found myself playing Vellios more than I thought I would because Mirallas and Jelavic weren't very effective.

Thought I'd get quite a bit of spending money due to qualifying for the CL but I got **** all, I've sold off Mirallas (£7M), Naismith (£3.8M) and Gueye (£4M) and I've brought in Lampard (free), Abel Hernandez (£7) and Chamakh (loan, did well at West Ham last season). I'll let you know how it goes.

Interesting, maybe this tactic isn't for the sluggish players in the mould of Jelavic then? I would say that the striker needs to have a bit of pace and decent at dribbling so he can run with the ball as if he were a winger in the striking position in a way, that's the way Rodrigo is utilised by me anyway.

I used to have Hernandez actually and I can safely say he is class in this formation, finished chances and dribbled with the ball really really well, was awesome! 7 mil for him is an absolute steal, I sold him a year later to Porto for 20 mil so your guaranteed profit if you are to sell him, but he will be an instant success in this formation I'm sure! Chamakh, I'm unsure about, he seems to be class at finishing on this game so could be very good in this formation, maybe in the mould that I use Connor Wickham in with Abel being in the Rodrigo mould. Lampard will be awesome for this formation I am certain, will be like Cleverley is for me, so very good signings mate, let us know how it goes for you, will look forward to your reply!

so i won my last game so i won the league so do i change general and match training to def

so i won my last game so i won the league so do i change general and match training to def

Alright mate, sorry about the late reply on here! Fantastic that to won the league and I hope it continues to be a success in the same way, your doing really well with it and I am confident you can keep it up! On regards to the defensive training, I would keep everything the same in pre-season then when you start the season use Defensive Positioning against the top teams, if this doesn't work too well then do Defending training once a month is my recommendation anyway! Hope this helped buddy!

Im not gonna quote everything you said, but this tactic has worked absolutely perfectly fine for me with the shouts I've used anyway, maybe you need to push it out with the full fluidity before you change things, which is my recommendation buddy, then from there see what errors come by. I hardly ever concede goals from corners, or any type of set piece for that matter from what ive experienced, possibly because my centre backs are over 6 ft tall, which I have recommended to people, and most of the time I concede from sloppy mistakes too be quite honest with you, so maybe that could be down to your team in a much lower league that what I've tried it in? Not too sure, as i haven't tried it down that low, which i respect, but like I said, this tactic seems to be very complete and I have hardly ever lossed with it too be honest, only at the start of season when its getting fully trained, and in all honest, hardly ever even draw, most of the time it's wins anyway with very good possession and shot statistics. I have defenders (Bruno Mars Indi) who has 12 pace, and still gets an average match rating of 7.7 from 8 games, so for me the pace isn't a big issue as the full backs usually foil for them. This tactic should be very good defensively and more so when you have full fluidity to it! :)

just trying to help, son't judge me wrong. will continue to use it, will not continue to update tweaks

just trying to help, son't judge me wrong. will continue to use it, will not continue to update tweaks

I'm not judging you mate don't worry, keep posting tweaks as it could be to the benefit of others and I'm sure they might need a little help with the formation, so continue to do so with my word for it!

Two fantastic tactics! I'm currently managing West Ham about ten years in. I'm heading for a fantastic season. Lost the League Cup final on penalties, I'm in the FA Cup final, in the CL semis and the league winners is about to be decided at Old Trafford three games before the season ends. Will post a rewiev after the season us finished.But have you tried to change some of the strikers roles? My strikers don't seem to score as much as I'd like. I'd also like to see a version with wingers. Is it posible to change the strikers to wingers and let the amc and wingers create enough with 1-2's and through balls? I've seen sucsessful tactics without strikers before..

Two fantastic tactics! I'm currently managing West Ham about ten years in. I'm heading for a fantastic season. Lost the League Cup final on penalties, I'm in the FA Cup final, in the CL semis and the league winners is about to be decided at Old Trafford three games before the season ends. Will post a rewiev after the season us finished.But have you tried to change some of the strikers roles? My strikers don't seem to score as much as I'd like. I'd also like to see a version with wingers. Is it posible to change the strikers to wingers and let the amc and wingers create enough with 1-2's and through balls? I've seen sucsessful tactics without strikers before..

Thanks a **** of a lot mate, really appreciate your feedback, great to see your doing so well with the Hammers and I hope it continues for you, always good to see! I will look forward to your review, will be interesting to see for sure! I have not tried to change the strikers roles as of yet no, as I gathered that if they are under the title 'Complete' they should be good at all areas of the striking position, that was the idea behind it anyway. I wouldn't change the right striker, but try and make him a player that has good dribbling and it would be better if he was left footed so he can cut in side. In regards to the left striker, I think maybe we could try and change this one to a poacher to see how he scores there? I think this could help with goal scoring anyway. I play in an online game using this for my Southampton so it would be too high risk for me to change things in such a competitive game atm, so if you find anything that works then please get back to me ASAP and I will be delighted to try a new formula for sure! Changing the strikers to wingers? I really don't think that will work, as the Wing Backs act as Full Backs/Wingers anyway, and they tend to put in many crosses for the strikers which they score from quite frequently, Isco for me in CAM does score countless goals though, but tbh I can't see it working as the formation would have no end product in my opinion, with their being a 5 at the back, I think the 2 strikers are needed. Hope this helped mate, regards!

Thanks a **** of a lot mate, really appreciate your feedback, great to see your doing so well with the Hammers and I hope it continues for you, always good to see! I will look forward to your review, will be interesting to see for sure! I have not tried to change the strikers roles as of yet no, as I gathered that if they are under the title 'Complete' they should be good at all areas of the striking position, that was the idea behind it anyway. I wouldn't change the right striker, but try and make him a player that has good dribbling and it would be better if he was left footed so he can cut in side. In regards to the left striker, I think maybe we could try and change this one to a poacher to see how he scores there? I think this could help with goal scoring anyway. I play in an online game using this for my Southampton so it would be too high risk for me to change things in such a competitive game atm, so if you find anything that works then please get back to me ASAP and I will be delighted to try a new formula for sure! Changing the strikers to wingers? I really don't think that will work, as the Wing Backs act as Full Backs/Wingers anyway, and they tend to put in many crosses for the strikers which they score from quite frequently, Isco for me in CAM does score countless goals though, but tbh I can't see it working as the formation would have no end product in my opinion, with their being a 5 at the back, I think the 2 strikers are needed. Hope this helped mate, regards!

I changed the FCL to poacher the last three or four games. He scored 4 goals in those matches. So it something you should look into, but it's hard to say what will be the result in the long run.

The way I play the game is just plug and play. That's why I download tactics and don't create one on my own. I understood that the wingbacks role was to play long through balls for the strikers, but I'd still like a tactic with wingers. My idea was to perhaps have two wingers (strikers who cuts inside), with an AMC or FC who will help them create things. If the wb crosses from deep while the wingers cuts inside you'll have three men in the box. But I'm not sure how effective and easy this will be.
But then again I can't play a striker :) just wanted some wide players in this tactic.

Champions!!

View attachment 315860

Finally won the PL with West Ham. Lost the FA cup on penalties against Arsenal, won the Carling Cup against Stoke, lost against Man Utd in the CL semis and won the supercup against Arsenal (won Euro League last season).

Never conceded as little as this year, same scoring record as before. But I still feel that I'm not scoring enough. But I reviewed my squad and saw that I need a new striker. Or two..

However, I must admit that I cheated two or three times. The PL is extremely hard to win when you're playing with just plug and play. The lowest points a winner has had is 92. And as you can see both Man Utd and Arsenal are scoring for fun. They are overpowered by miles. I'm sure people can get the same results analysing and watching the game in full mode, but it takes to much time for me.

The tactic is still recomended for everyone to use!

Hey mate, my second feedback - the tactic is pretty amazing!
since last feedback about 20 games unbeaten, Angel Rangel as RWB and Jose Angel as LWB works fine ++ for me.
Michu + Iago Aspas at the front, (yup. my swansea is half spanish :)) scores a lot.

my advise - always Def training + Def Positioning.

Currently second at the league after MU with 1 point difference.

Thanks again for the superb tactic!

The tactic is still recomended for everyone to use!

Sorry for the late reply, been busy the last few days. Fantastic to see you have won the league using the tactic mate, I hope you continue to use it, would be awesome to see it bring even more success to you! About the poacher, how did he fair over a number of games then? Did he keep scoring the goals? I also tried the tactic with wingers and it was an aberration, an epic faiure on my behalf. I lossed one of the most important games of the season vs West Ham 4-1, albeit had 25 shots and only scored one, I also lossed another game using is 1-0 to Atletico Madrid, it just didn't seem to work for me, the players need to be more central for this to work in my opinion as that's where they use the ball to pass etc, and the wingers just looked lossed to me, it really went **** up and I was pretty angry with my team. One thing I have learnt from this though is never change something that works, so I advise you to stick to the formations if anything, but if you can find something that works then I would be delighted to hear it, but with me it didn't work at all-.- Will look forward to more feedback off you as always!

Hey mate, my second feedback - the tactic is pretty amazing!
since last feedback about 20 games unbeaten, Angel Rangel as RWB and Jose Angel as LWB works fine ++ for me.
Michu + Iago Aspas at the front, (yup. my swansea is half spanish :)) scores a lot.

my advise - always Def training + Def Positioning.

Currently second at the league after MU with 1 point difference.

Thanks again for the superb tactic!

Alright buddy!

Asolutely epic that you have went on a massive undefeated streak with a team like Swansea at that! After reading what you have said I will definitely be implementing the training on Defending and Defensive Positioning! Keep us updated on how it goes for ou mate, will look forward to it as always! Increasingly exciting when your a team that isn't of huge calibre too and it pays off, so do keep us updated, happy to hear any advise you have too!

My pleasure mate!

Last edited:
hey fmcftw,please can you post the screens of your team,transfers,results...Do you use one of this tactic or ...Thanks.