Jono6895's Double Tactic - Desisive Domination! - 5-2-1-2 / 5-1-2-2

I started with Rotherham last night, saw this tactic and thought it would work well. I like the fact you tested it in the lower league, rather than just being barcelona or man utd and then claiming it works. So far so good really.

P6, w5, d0, l1.

Opened with a strong 1-0 win away from home. First home game, I won 8-1, EIGHT ONE! Was terrific. The tactic is very good for possession, 55-60% most of hte time, considering im a league two team, that's pretty good.

My only issue is that although im a fan of overlapping fullbacks, (i see it a lot at Goodison with Baines and Coleman), it is leaving my team very, very open to counter attacks. It's not too bad because I have passers of the ball, but when they do lose it (they are league two players after all), it leaves 3-3 at the back. My recommendation would be to change one of the CM's to a DLP on the home tactic, meaning there will be an extra player back.

I dont ever see my CM's bursting into the box or near it, so it should add a little more cover for counters. Perhaps it will be less losing of the ball because of the easy option being available.

I started with Rotherham last night, saw this tactic and thought it would work well. I like the fact you tested it in the lower league, rather than just being barcelona or man utd and then claiming it works. So far so good really.

P6, w5, d0, l1.

Opened with a strong 1-0 win away from home. First home game, I won 8-1, EIGHT ONE! Was terrific. The tactic is very good for possession, 55-60% most of hte time, considering im a league two team, that's pretty good.

My only issue is that although im a fan of overlapping fullbacks, (i see it a lot at Goodison with Baines and Coleman), it is leaving my team very, very open to counter attacks. It's not too bad because I have passers of the ball, but when they do lose it (they are league two players after all), it leaves 3-3 at the back. My recommendation would be to change one of the CM's to a DLP on the home tactic, meaning there will be an extra player back.

I dont ever see my CM's bursting into the box or near it, so it should add a little more cover for counters. Perhaps it will be less losing of the ball because of the easy option being available.

Thanks a **** of a lot for the feedback mate, really do appreciate it as always! Nice to see it working with a Lower League side too, and proof of it, as I don't have any screenshots of my Swindon save yet, might need to get some up in the very near future to show everyone and back it up with evidence! I prefer a challenge and smaller teams definitely bring that, but with this tactic it seems to work well with any side, so keep it up mate!

I have to say, I have been using this tactic for over 9 seasons now but I have never ever won 8-1, so that is an achievement in itself, fantastic to see that scoreline tbf! I have noticed that too, after the update it does seem to leave a big gap recently, I will definitely be taking up your advice and will change one of the CM's to a DLP to see how that does! In regards to the way tactic, do ou think it would be better to change the DM to an Anchor Man then to help with the counter attacking issue? My CM's contribute a lot towards goals, my RCM Morgan Schneiderlin seems to score quite a few and the LCM I use, Will Hughes, orchestrated everything I do. I think I will be changing the RCM to a DLP following your advice then, I'll get back to you on how it does soon! Really appreciate the feedback mate!

Bit more of an update, unfortunately it's not been so great since my last update. Im not sure how much is down to the tactics though, had a spel where all four of my strikers were injured, bit of a problem. Not to mention my AMC and MC being injured with a centre half being changed over and over.

dd46aeb2628d287fb74f95a77ee487f8.png

I am going to change one of my CM's to a DLP now and see if that helps. Defensively it's not too bad, my issue has been set pieces mainly with a couple of freak of own goals. Lack of goals acme about when my st's were injured (unsurprisingly). Will update more after a few more games.

Would also like to point out that the WBL/R get plenty of chances to score, all three of my regular fullbacks have scored this season. Would be great for someone who has a top class fullback in their team. Lahm and co would get a good share. Baines would get plenty

Bit more of an update, unfortunately it's not been so great since my last update. Im not sure how much is down to the tactics though, had a spel where all four of my strikers were injured, bit of a problem. Not to mention my AMC and MC being injured with a centre half being changed over and over.

dd46aeb2628d287fb74f95a77ee487f8.png

I am going to change one of my CM's to a DLP now and see if that helps. Defensively it's not too bad, my issue has been set pieces mainly with a couple of freak of own goals. Lack of goals acme about when my st's were injured (unsurprisingly). Will update more after a few more games.

Would also like to point out that the WBL/R get plenty of chances to score, all three of my regular fullbacks have scored this season. Would be great for someone who has a top class fullback in their team. Lahm and co would get a good share. Baines would get plenty

Interesting results recently mate, are you sure you have followed everything then? Just to certain! As this season with my Southampton, I have gone undefeated using the tactic and now I am at the start of Feb, so even with the new update it's proving a pretty good success in all honesty, for me personally anyway! Maybe this is only suited to particular teams or your team aren't taking the chances in hand? I see you have lossed marginally when you have lossed anyway, which aint so bad I guess, but it should be solid on the defensive side if you go and do defensive training and positioning, this should sure up that side of the team! Sorry I had to do this quick, but I hope it helped! :)

Hi. I found your tactic really interesing, especially formation looked great. I am playing with Sao Paulo, have to say that home tactic doesnt work pretty well in Brazil, I think beacuse of the fromations that teams play there. But the away tactci, it is simply awesome. My defense is like a rock, I am scoring a lot of goals, so good tactic. Wing backs are crucial in this tactc. Thanks for sharing

Interesting results recently mate, are you sure you have followed everything then? Just to certain! As this season with my Southampton, I have gone undefeated using the tactic and now I am at the start of Feb, so even with the new update it's proving a pretty good success in all honesty, for me personally anyway! Maybe this is only suited to particular teams or your team aren't taking the chances in hand? I see you have lossed marginally when you have lossed anyway, which aint so bad I guess, but it should be solid on the defensive side if you go and do defensive training and positioning, this should sure up that side of the team! Sorry I had to do this quick, but I hope it helped! :)

Yes it's okay I'm competant enough to get out of that rut. I have gone on to win the league (somehow) by 4 points, so heading into League one. the CAM got about 20 goals too.

These tactics are amazing!! really amazing.

I use the tweaks from post 31

I play with HinterReggio (Italy) (3rd season) from the serie C2\B media prediction 18, finished 1st!!!

just play home tactic at home and Away tactic away :)

And just the right shouts (post 31)

Thanks you very much!!

Last edited:
home tactic is fantastic
away from home im struggling with away

any advice?

First of all, sorry for the late replies everyone, here are my replies below:

Hi. I found your tactic really interesing, especially formation looked great. I am playing with Sao Paulo, have to say that home tactic doesnt work pretty well in Brazil, I think beacuse of the fromations that teams play there. But the away tactci, it is simply awesome. My defense is like a rock, I am scoring a lot of goals, so good tactic. Wing backs are crucial in this tactc. Thanks for sharing

Very interesting, never tried it with any team abroad in fact, so that's very interesting. Maybe in Brazil the away tactic words a dream due to the fact that it's a very very attacking league with all the Brazilians and skills is what I would imagine anyway, with the DM plug-in managing to fold that side of the play. Glad to see it is working for you, maybe for the Home tactic you should consider dropping the CAM into CM and play a Central Midfield trio, this should help with you getting results on that side of the game. Also, focus on Attacking if your having problems scoring and if your stuggling Defensively do use the Defensive training to help with this. Hope it helped buddy!

Yes it's okay I'm competant enough to get out of that rut. I have gone on to win the league (somehow) by 4 points, so heading into League one. the CAM got about 20 goals too.

Fantastic news mate, great to see you have won the league using the tactics. I am sure as you go on and your team becomes more used to playing in the formation with gradually getting higher calibre players you will find that the Formations should work a lot more comfortably for you. I am sure you will adapt to it anyway, and I hope that you will continue to use it despite your shaky first season with it! I have now won 3 back-to-back titles on an Online Game with my Southampton against some very very good managers too, and I am on course to win the Quadruple this year, winning the Premier League is on track, Won the Carling Cup already, in the FA Cup Semi's and am in the Champions League Semi's too, just to update you, showing that it still works with the new patch too. I tend to find that I win games quite comfortably and the opposition doesn't get too many shots on goal, so how is it going in that way for you? Would be interesting to know!

These tactics are amazing!! really amazing.

I use the tweaks from post 31

I play with HinterReggio (Italy) (3rd season) from the serie C2\B media prediction 18, finished 1st!!!

just play home tactic at home and Away tactic away :)

And just the right shouts (post 31)

Thanks you very much!!

Thanks a **** of a lot mate, really really do appreciate your praise, really means a lot to me! Very nice to see you have gone against the odd's to win the Title mate, really looks good for you and I am sure as your side gradually get's better it will continue to improve. I will check out the post 31 and see what the person said, as whatever it says seems to have worked for you anyway so that's something I will look into for sure! My pleasure mate, always happy to help, please do continue to update us on how it does for you, would be greatly appreciated! :)

home tactic is fantastic
away from home im struggling with away

any advice?

What's the troubles with Away days then mate? What's happening in regards to it that's different than the Home Games? Happy to help, just need to know first before I can help you! Thanks in advance, will look forward to a reply!

Last edited:
Updated the first page with new screenshots including statistics of 5 of my players that I have used in the formations and with new a new Season Overview of the results on my way to winning the Quadruple.

won the title with fm-base (challenge) and 1/4 of cup (lost mainly because I got a red card) thank you.
will let you know how I get on in season 2

won the title with fm-base (challenge) and 1/4 of cup (lost mainly because I got a red card) thank you.
will let you know how I get on in season 2

Awesome stuff mate, really glad to hear it! Do keep us updated, always glad to hear success stories and especially when my tactic is used, really appreciate it!