Josh McEachran

Aye, but not only was Scholes not played there, he didn't use to play there. Remember his switch from a goalscoring attacking midfielder to a deep-lying player has only happened relatively recently in his career, after his retirement from international football (something which, BTW, nobody can blame him for. Our best midfielder slotted in somewhere he could fit, rather than building it around him, is shameful.) SAF saw his potential there as he aged, and put him in a role where he can continue to excel.

He has done that role for 6 years now... If only Sven wasnt so stupid..... And if only Capello picked up that phone himself rather then leaving it to Baldini.

He has done that role for 6 years now... If only Sven wasnt so stupid..... And if only Capello picked up that phone himself rather then leaving it to Baldini.

Yeah, and he retired in what, 2004? So yeah, he retired at more or less the moment where he was changing positions. Sven was a ****** idiot sometimes, but looking at how some managers have done since he really wasn't that bad by comparison, scarily...

Future looks bright for England in midfield, which is why its so gutting that we lost the 2018 bid.

Yeah Future looks bright. What a manager should do is, play the way game should be played as all the kids are very good in retaining possession instead of just hoofing.

Is there any tall CF in the ranks? Hope not. Otherwise cant bare to see another generation of hoofing to target man.

Is there any tall CF in the ranks? Hope not. Otherwise cant bare to see another generation of hoofing to target man.

Carroll, Wickham, Delfouneso... that said, only one of those could be classed as a target man, and even then not a pure one at that.

Carroll, Wickham, Delfouneso... that said, only one of those could be classed as a target man, and even then not a pure one at that.

Wickham is quality. He is good with the ball at his feet. Delfouneso is not a beast in air either isn't it. Would like to see England trying to keep the ball on ground and dominate possession. They can with the wealth of talent they have.

Wickham is quality. He is good with the ball at his feet. Delfouneso is not a beast in air either isn't it. Would like to see England trying to keep the ball on ground and dominate possession. They can with the wealth of talent they have.

Exactly my point. We've only got three tall CFs of any note coming through, and none of them can be classed as pure target men. Hopefully we don't rely on their height.

This thread was meant to be about Josh.
Please stick to the point.

Am I wrong?

This thread was meant to be about Josh.
Please stick to the point.

Am I wrong?

Four posts slightly off topic, six days ago.

I doubt you need to charge in with your paper moderator's baton for that...

Josh will be something special, no doubt about that, but the way our club runs things arseways, he will be special for another team :/