Josh McEachran

• Thread starter Thread starter BlueHeart
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 131
  • Views Views 12K
IMHO he is just hyped up by Chelsea fans, if he was that good he would be getting starts for club and country like say Wilshire.

That's crazy. He's SEVENTEEN.

I wonder why it's just Chelsea fans.....

Ahem. It isn't. I had my doubts about him too, but he seems to be performing at a consistently good level. When I saw him play, he looked a cut above his peers in the England U21s, and that's a level above what he should be playing at.

Ronaldo, Messi and Rooney could do it....

Don't you compare him to three of the best players in the world, that's catastrophically stupid. People like you are the reason why promising players don't fulfil their potential: comparing McEachran to three of the best in the world is unfair and ridiculous. He may not ever reach their level and it is too early to tell, so it is stupid to even start comparisons.

Ronaldo, Messi and Rooney could do it....

---------- Post added at 03:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 AM ----------

Doesn't really matter who hyped him up really.... Adu was hyped up a lot and he's rotting somewhere in the MLS I think...

But he has had limited playing time and again, Chadwick looks impressive to begin with.

So just becasue the two players mentioned have failed that means we cant be excited about McEachran nah?? Both of them players were thrown into the limelight and into the media's eyes. McEachran is being looked after and i would say much more potential than Chadwick and maybe even Adu. Fame and lying of age got to Adu, McEachran suffers from niether.

---------- Post added at 04:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 AM ----------

That's crazy. He's SEVENTEEN.

Ahem. It isn't. I had my doubts about him too, but he seems to be performing at a consistently good level. When I saw him play, he looked a cut above his peers in the England U21s, and that's a level above what he should be playing at.

Don't you compare him to three of the best players in the world, that's catastrophically stupid. People like you are the reason why promising players don't fulfil their potential: comparing McEachran to three of the best in the world is unfair and ridiculous. He may not ever reach their level and it is too early to tell, so it is stupid to even start comparisons.

Finally some sence. The lad is 17 lol.

So just becasue the two players mentioned have failed that means we cant be excited about McEachran nah?? Both of them players were thrown into the limelight and into the media's eyes. McEachran is being looked after and i would say much more potential than Chadwick and maybe even Adu. Fame and lying of age got to Adu, McEachran suffers from niether.

I never said you can't be excited about McEachren but young players who have been hyped up have flopped time and time again. He is a great prospect but as I said, he needs to prove it on a bigger stage consistently.

Not really, as Chelsea fans are proclaiming him as the new best thing so why not comparing him to the current best things...
Also I am saying how these players broke into the 1st team at his age

---------- Post added at 04:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 AM ----------

Finally some sence. The lad is 17 lol.

Other players have managed to break into their clubs 1st teams at that age.....

Not really, as Chelsea fans are proclaiming him as the new best thing so why not comparing him to the current best things...

Quote me someone from this thread alone who said he's the next "best thing"? They're just happy (rightly) that the investment in their youth academy is beginning to pay off with exciting players like McEachran. They reckon he can become a decent player in time, which he can, but they're (rightly) reserving judgement because of his age.

Yes, and I'm saying you're being stupid to compare them to him, at that age or not.

Yeah, but to break in to the first team of a top, top club at that age is pretty special.

Last edited:
Quote me someone from this thread alone who said he's the next "best thing"? They're just happy (rightly) that the investment in their youth academy is beginning to pay off with exciting players like McEachran. They reckon he can become a decent player in time, which he can, but they're (rightly) reserving judgement because of his age.

Yes, and I'm saying you're being stupid to compare them to him, at that age or not.

Yeah, but to break in to the first team of a top, top club at that age is pretty special.

I never said on this thread did I, but you cannot deny elsewhere at other places Chelsea fans a touting him as the next big star.

Also about breaking into a 1st team at a young age, another play who isn't the worlds best star is Walcott he did it at a big club no?

---------- Post added at 04:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 AM ----------

About 3 players have. 3 stupidly talented players.

Scholes made his debut when he was 19. A couple of months away from his 20th birthday.

But that dosent mean anything. Like i said some players are better when thrown into the deep end and some are better when they are slowly bedded in. Plus like i have already said Ancelotti likes his tried and tested players. Remember at Milan he liked the senior players, the players he knew and trusted.

Chelsea obviously feel McEachran is maybe not mature enough or mentaly strong enough because they have a media ban on him. But him being in and around the first team, making 14 appearences 6 in the biggest competition in Europe and playing 4 levels his senior for his country is doing the lad wonders.

I never said on this thread did I, but you cannot deny elsewhere at other places Chelsea fans a touting him as the next big star.

I can only go on what I've seen, and I'm saying what I've seen. Likewise, don't you think it's rather silly to be rebuking people on here for touting him as the next big thing when you've just admitted that nobody on here actually did that?

how can you say that just because McEachran isn't playing regularly for club and country he isn't good/has the potential to be great. He's 17 for christ sake! I'm not going to pretend to know loads about McEachran cos I know f all about him. Chelsea fans will know most about him because he is their hot prospect. I couldn't care less about Chelsea reserves but obviously Cjacko does cos he's a Chelsea fan and knows a lot more than I do about anything Chelsea related. Chelsea fans may be a bit biased but playing for the U21s at the age of 17 speaks for itself tbh

I can only go on what I've seen, and I'm saying what I've seen. Likewise, don't you think it's rather silly to be rebuking people on here for touting him as the next big thing when you've just admitted that nobody on here actually did that?

I never rebuked people on here though.....

how can you say that just because McEachran isn't playing regularly for club and country he isn't good/has the potential to be great. He's 17 for christ sake! I'm not going to pretend to know loads about McEachran cos I know f all about him. Chelsea fans will know most about him because he is their hot prospect. I couldn't care less about Chelsea reserves but obviously Cjacko does cos he's a Chelsea fan and knows a lot more than I do about anything Chelsea related. Chelsea fans may be a bit biased but playing for the U21s at the age of 17 speaks for itself tbh

Your last sentace says it all mate. I watch the reserves and youth team and he has featured for both this season. He played with and against lads his age tonight and he was just on another level.

I never rebuked people on here though.....

Rebuked, argued with, told that they were wrong to do it. Whatever phrase you want to use, all you're doing now is nit-picking.

Think you should quit whilst you're behind mate.

Rebuked, argued with, told that they were wrong to do it. Whatever phrase you want to use, all you're doing now is nit-picking.

Think you should quit whilst you're behind mate.

I said on this thread that I thought McEachran was overhyped mainly by Chelsea fans and that there were and are better that did and are doing better around his age...

Also I'm not nit-picking you are.... you are trying to find flaws in my argument, but making up things to which would have flaws....

Anyways I have been caught up in this too long now..... Gotta go bed now.... need to wake up early :S

I think hes a little overhyped and i really believe there are better young cms out there. If Michael Johnson wasnt injury prone he would be twice the player of mceachran imo

I think hes a little overhyped and i really believe there are better young cms out there. If Michael Johnson wasnt injury prone he would be twice the player of mceachran imo

McEachran is 17 Johnson is 22 lol. Playing for the U21s says it all.

McEachran is 17 Johnson is 22 lol. Playing for the U21s says it all.
so because he plays for the u21s at 17 that suddenly makes him unbelievable? i really think you overhype him too much, its this that leads to failure.

so because he plays for the u21s at 17 that suddenly makes him unbelievable? i really think you overhype him too much, its this that leads to failure.

Chelsea fans hype him because we are the only ones that see him on a regular basis. But now he is playing for the U21s people are starting to see more of him and see him for what he is especially Pearce. Wilshere had masses of hype?? So did Rooney?? Its how the player uses the hype and makes sure they dont get carried away with it. And playing for your country 4 levels above your age is not somthing to be snubbed.

Micheael Johnson is not only 5 years older than McEachran, but also 5 times fatter and more useless.

McEachran looks a wonderful talent tbh, reminds me of Wilshere and there's quite rightly a lot of hype about him (Although I hope this doesn't turn into English expectation).

With more playing time (rather than a handful of apps in the 80th minute at 8-0) this guy can be a very good player for England, and probably for Chelsea (if someone else doesn't snap him up).

I said on this thread that I thought McEachran was overhyped mainly by Chelsea fans and that there were and are better that did and are doing better around his age...

Also I'm not nit-picking you are.... you are trying to find flaws in my argument, but making up things to which would have flaws....

Anyways I have been caught up in this too long now..... Gotta go bed now.... need to wake up early :S

He isnt overhyped they are just as excited that they have a future world class replacement for Franky Lampard like we arsenal fans are over wilshere.

Back