Josh McEachran

• Thread starter Thread starter BlueHeart
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 131
  • Views Views 12K
Chelsea fans have every reason to get excited or hype McEachran. The lad is quality. For that age, his first touch is amazing and his reading of the game is way way good for his age. I would like to see him playing deeper like Pirlo as he has good passing range and will get time to pick out passes. I would like to see what our own Ravel Morrison can do in the first team, very exciting prospect and technically very sound. England's future look bright with players who are very good technically and ability to pick out passes.

Chelsea fans have every reason to get excited or hype McEachran. The lad is quality. For that age, his first touch is amazing and his reading of the game is way way good for his age. I would like to see him playing deeper like Pirlo as he has good passing range and will get time to pick out passes. I would like to see what our own Ravel Morrison can do in the first team, very exciting prospect and technically very sound. England's future look bright with players who are very good technically and ability to pick out passes.

Thats the role i believe Ancelotti wants him to take up in the long run. The so called Pirlo role, basicly picking the ball up and speading passes all over the field. He definatly has the ability to do this and Ancelotti should be the best teacher too.

I'm embarassed to say that I haven't heard of this guy...what's his deal? Is he as good as people are making him out to be in the thread? What's his style like (similar player perhaps)? Is he a distributing CM like Scholes or something like that?

tbh we overhype Wilshere too and we overhyped Rooney when he was 16, sometimes it can motivate a player

tbh we overhype Wilshere too and we overhyped Rooney when he was 16, sometimes it can motivate a player

Rooney was amazing and key player for England in Euro 2004, he was just 18 then.

I think its the same for every decent English talent that is discovered at a young age. They are all over hyped. No one can deny that they have talent but the expectations that are placed on the players who are good, but are no where near the level they are made out to be.

It was the same for Theo or Lennon. The only player in recent years that has somewhat matched the expectations is Rooney. And even then I think he is no where near as good as some people say he is.

The burden of expectation can be a good or a bad thing depending on the players determination and maturity.

Mceachran looks promising but until he proves himself with Chelsea, I'm not convinced.
For me,the fact that he plays for English U-21 team simply shows the lack of young talent in the country. So yes he might become a very good player for an average English team in the future.

Honestly, I think he's overhyped by Chelsea fans. He's a promising young talent but is he any better than Wilshere when he was 17? Not IMO. Chelsea fans are going ballistic over this kid, I think its because they are not used to seeing youth come through the ranks at Chelsea. (not a dig, just an observation)

Josh McEachran is amazing he has one of the best 1st touch and pass ive seen, him and Jack Wilshere are the future of English football.

I think its the same for every decent English talent that is discovered at a young age. They are all over hyped. No one can deny that they have talent but the expectations that are placed on the players who are good, but are no where near the level they are made out to be.

It was the same for Theo or Lennon. The only player in recent years that has somewhat matched the expectations is Rooney. And even then I think he is no where near as good as some people say he is.

The burden of expectation can be a good or a bad thing depending on the players determination and maturity.

Mceachran looks promising but until he proves himself with Chelsea, I'm not convinced.
For me,the fact that he plays for English U-21 team simply shows the lack of young talent in the country. So yes he might become a very good player for an average English team in the future.

So because a 17 year old plays for the U21s that means their is a lack of talent in England?? Not the fact that he is good enough to play at this level nah?

Honestly, I think he's overhyped by Chelsea fans. He's a promising young talent but is he any better than Wilshere when he was 17? Not IMO. Chelsea fans are going ballistic over this kid, I think its because they are not used to seeing youth come through the ranks at Chelsea. (not a dig, just an observation)

There is a huge difference, we put alot of money into our acadamy that were runners up in the fa youth cup 3 years ago won it last year and are back in the quarter finals this year. The acadamy is producing much better talent and just because Chelsea havnt had many players come through the acadamy dosent mean we dont know a good player when i see one. I have heard a few jounelists who are mainly not English so no bias involved say that they are more excited about McEachran than they where when Wilshere first came on the scene.

Its poor that just because he dont start week in week out for Chelsea and is not in the main England squad that people are suggesting he is not the player some think he is and will be. I happen to know the FA where keeping tabs on him last year also believing he was somthing special. Im just saying what i have seen from him simple as that, every time i have seen him play he has been sensational and a cut above the rest.

I'm embarassed to say that I haven't heard of this guy...what's his deal? Is he as good as people are making him out to be in the thread? What's his style like (similar player perhaps)? Is he a distributing CM like Scholes or something like that?

He's a cultured, composed ball-player that spreads the ball well. Very good passer, Pirlo-esque in style. And on that note...

Thats the role i believe Ancelotti wants him to take up in the long run. The so called Pirlo role, basicly picking the ball up and speading passes all over the field. He definatly has the ability to do this and Ancelotti should be the best teacher too.

****** annoying... England wait ten years for a deep-lying playmaker, and then Wilshere, Thudd and McEachran all turn up at once.

Maybe not, but just because he isn't as good as Wilshere doesn't mean he's going to be not as good. People develop at different stages in their career. Besides, even if he isn't as good as Wilshere that still means he could get very, very good.

Chelsea fans are rightly excited that their long-promised youth academy investment is paying off, as you said. So why begrudge them a bit of excitement and pride? I don't see them going "ballistic" over him (see this thread for example), just happy he's looking good.

****** annoying... England wait ten years for a deep-lying playmaker, and then Wilshere, Thudd and McEachran all turn up at once.

Tell me about it, i just hope its not another Lampard/Gerrard situation. I think in time once Gerrard and Lampard retire then Wilshere will be moved more offensive and if he fullfills his potential then McEachran could do that deep Pirlo role.

Tell me about it, i just hope its not another Lampard/Gerrard situation. I think in time once Gerrard and Lampard retire then Wilshere will be moved more offensive and if he fullfills his potential then McEachran could do that deep Pirlo role.

A midfield of

Thudd - McEachran
Wilshere

Would be orgasmic passing-wise.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaFXsOXGUJM"]YouTube - Chelsea Youth v Barnsley Youth (H)(FA)[/ame]

Chelsea youth team in 2-1 win against Bansley last Friday. McEachran scored the equiliser and set up the winner late on.

A midfield of

Thudd - McEachran
Wilshere

Would be orgasmic passing-wise.

A midfield with Ravel Morrison is kickass. I'm not hyping him, watched him a lot and he is going to be a star. (If he sorts out his attitude)

A midfield with Ravel Morrison is kickass. I'm not hyping him, watched him a lot and he is going to be a star. (If he sorts out his attitude)

Our future for the central midfield looks bright. Wilshere, McEachran, Sterling, Shelvey, Morrison, G. Gardner, Delph, JET, Henderson, Rodwell, Jones and a whole host of lower-league prospects.

No, England miss you the best deep laying playmaker in the world for 10 years, now we are likely to do the same to these.. Scholes has always been here.

No, England miss you the best deep laying playmaker in the world for 10 years, now we are likely to do the same to these.. Scholes has always been here.

Aye, but not only was Scholes not played there, he didn't use to play there. Remember his switch from a goalscoring attacking midfielder to a deep-lying player has only happened relatively recently in his career, after his retirement from international football (something which, BTW, nobody can blame him for. Our best midfielder slotted in somewhere he could fit, rather than building it around him, is shameful.) SAF saw his potential there as he aged, and put him in a role where he can continue to excel.

Back