looks like a good tactic will give it a bash with tottenham later. cheers.

Not quite Total Football as intended, but it is a very good FM tactic for positive results. It is tough to go wrong with the 2 poachers + complete forward strikeforce no matter how the rest of the side is aligned.

Total Football is meant to be played on a large pitch with large spaces (and most importantly, with wingers!).

Last edited:
Here's the screenshots of my Leicester save using your tactic, sorry I took a while, was focusing on another save and completely forgot.

Here's the season 1, 2 and 3 screenshots, league table and transfers , I don't really know what you were looking for screenshots wise but if I miss anything I'll just post it up later for ya. I used an update by StuW just to let you know, no real changes to Leicester's squad though.

Season 1 - View attachment 91936 View attachment 91937

Season 2 - View attachment 91938 View attachment 91939

Season 3 - View attachment 91940 View attachment 91949

Overall it is was an extremely good and consistent tactic for me, so thanks. I find my centre backs score a lot of goals from corners, and having quick playing in the poacher positions also got me a lot more goals aswell, even Nicky Maynard smashed in 20 league goals for me in my 3rd season when I finished 5th playing as a poacher. I've mostly used Bobby Zamora as the complete forward after buying him from Fulham (until my 4th season as I've bought Rossi from Villareal) and I sometimes swapped him to a deep lying forward if his rating was a bit low at half time. A really good tactic with no real flaws, I don't really have the best of teams tbh and ended up finishing 7th with a midfield of Sunny in DM, Ledley and Andy King in CM and Charlie Adam in AM, 3 of them from the Championship and Charlie Adam scored around 10 league goals I think along with a lot of assists, so great tactic.

Edit* - Just changed the transfers for the 3rd screenshot as I gave you the wrong one by accident, fixed it now.

Last edited:
great results max
Cheers, was more the tactic than me though in all honesty.

Another thing to point out, I used touchline shouts, a lot, so that might be the way forward if you can use them correctly.

its only one game, but its a promising start. started using it half way through the season by the way, ill post my results at the end of the season ;)
View attachment 91995

Last edited:
Another great tactic, thanks very much. Reminds me of playing Champ Man '93!:)

Just wanted to check; I know you say that you start every game with the same 'attacking' tactic, but I'm assuming you then change this as the game progresses, to shut up shop for example, yes?

Another great tactic, thanks very much. Reminds me of playing Champ Man '93!:)

Just wanted to check; I know you say that you start every game with the same 'attacking' tactic, but I'm assuming you then change this as the game progresses, to shut up shop for example, yes?
You can do that yes.

i think someone on my net game is using this tactic :O so naturally there winning everything, any ideas how i could counter this?

You think this will work for Cardiff?

Works with cardiff, since using it in the prem i have come 2nd 1st 2nd 1st. the seasons i came second i bought and lost a few players losing squad cohesion

JP - tactic is working wonder for me, i'll start us the new tweked version, hopefully i can obtain a european trophy with my cardiff side. have had a final defeat in both the europa league (2-1 to barca) and Champions league (Roma 1 nil)

Last edited:
neither. im just wondering if anyone has an idea of how to counter it, not looking for JP to devise a whole new tactic or anything

Ban him from the game? ;)

Seriously though, the teams I suffer most against play with a lot of width and either three strikers with two out wide or two very advanced wingers. Having your crosses played from deep to the back post may cause problems for the defenders, especially if they're not settled into JPs tactic yet and their heading attributes and positioning aren't the greatest.

Absolute beauty of a tactic, JP...

591_R.png

Just used this in a man city save. have to admit its the best tactic i have used from this site. in 2 seasons i won the league and champions league. have move to newcastle to try it out on a smaller club and i have beat liverpool and tottenham easily in my first few games. great suff!!

best 10.2 patch formation

woody your formations look quality whats ya best one for 10.2 patch? anyone? hello

Last edited:
Started a new game yesterday with Sheffield United and used this tactic and Wolfsongs Team Talks and both have made me do stuff i could never do before :D 99% of the success im having is due to these two things ( Ofc i wanna take some credit for the signings :D) I know its only burnley but there still a premiership team which made me feel better about the win

Thank you for the Tactic it is AWESOME lol :D

**** run just came to an end Lost 2-0 to west brom then drew 1-1 to Derby hopefully we can get another run going

Last edited:
Immense

I don't understand how people say this tactic doesnt work. I tried it with Man City and cleaned up for 2 seasons. Then I decided to start as Leeds to see if it worked at lower league. As it turns out **** YES it does. Just finished my 4th season. Won League 1 in the first year, Won the Championship in the 2nd. Finished 2nd in the Premiership in my 3rd year. Just finished my 4th season. 2nd in the league again, won the league cup, got to the 5th round of the f.a cup and got to the quarter finals of the champions league (lost 5-3 on aggregate to Real Madrid) :)

I don't understand how people say this tactic doesnt work. I tried it with Man City and cleaned up for 2 seasons. Then I decided to start as Leeds to see if it worked at lower league. As it turns out **** YES it does. Just finished my 4th season. Won League 1 in the first year, Won the Championship in the 2nd. Finished 2nd in the Premiership in my 3rd year. Just finished my 4th season. 2nd in the league again, won the league cup, got to the 5th round of the f.a cup and got to the quarter finals of the champions league (lost 5-3 on aggregate to Real Madrid) :)
Its basically that some people (n00bs) would describe that as failure. They wont accept losing any games what so ever and expect to win every game by 3 clear goals with their strikers scoring at least 50 goals a season.