wow that was a quick response haha

ive actually given it alot of thought when ive been tweaking/making tactics and using others tactics, mainly with how the match engine handles players taking shots

ive noticed that with primarily left footed players on the right side they score alot of unrealisitc near post shots as opposed to hooking it to the far post with curve that you'd expect RL, and with right footed players on the right they seem to not be able to hit it across the keeper effectively, i dunno, there's so many advantages/disadvantages to it, like with how they control the ball/dribbling, their passing and crossing, etc

wow that was a quick response haha

ive actually given it alot of thought when ive been tweaking/making tactics and using others tactics, mainly with how the match engine handles players taking shots

ive noticed that with primarily left footed players on the right side they score alot of unrealisitc near post shots as opposed to hooking it to the far post with curve that you'd expect RL, and with right footed players on the right they seem to not be able to hit it across the keeper effectively, i dunno, there's so many advantages/disadvantages to it, like with how they control the ball/dribbling, their passing and crossing, etc
I think you can sometimes over think with this game. I like to make tactics that you can just use,not have to think about who is playing where,it ruins the fun if you have to do too much thinking.

What are the defence statistics?
I have posted screenshots in the OP and all over this thread,take a look. Its very good with a settled back 3.

On my last save with Fiorentina using the Home and Away version i conceded 15 league goals in 38 matches.

I havent tested your tactics, JP, but I just want to put some words up here anyway.

Why does everyone act like it's JP, or someone elses mission here to make you winning tactics? Why do most of you think that whenever they post a tactic, or a tweak, that it will win you every game?

For one, this game isn't that easy. It's not like you can just make some tweaks and a nice formation and you'll win every game by 5 goals. You can, and most likely will win some games with incredible scores with thiese tactics, however. there's a lot more factors that plays in than "just" good tactics. Your squad must be quality, they must have faith in you as a manager, the squad must not be too cocky and think that they don't have to play to win etc.

You can't just download one tactic, implement it to your game and win every game. Do Manchester United play exactly the same vs Portsmouth and Chelsea? No. Do most of you use the same tactic no matter what? **** yes.

All honor to you and your tactics, JP, this isnt about that your work is wasted. I actually love how you and Mr.Hough make great tactics, but I use them as a start for my own tactic, to make it suit my squad and my teams history. But honestly, some of you that's posting here should get used to lose and draw some matches, because you will.

No matter what tactic you use, you will lose now and then.

Last edited:
well ive been of fm for a while but am starting a new europe game with all major nations and going to try your wingers tactic. Your old tactic save is still on with huddersfield in the primiership in only 3 seasons so if its anything like that ill be dominating european football in no time, gna start unemployed so al let u know how it goes

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

just to my above post... am not starting unemployed cos it turns out ive managed nearly every1 of them teams! am gna randomise til i get a team in one of the bottom divisons of there respective countries....and it torquay =o........... chamberlain would be proud! keep u posted on the wingers taccy mate

Excellent tactics :D. Alot more solid in the defence then i expected.

Thanks for the upload. :p

help

i play FML as i cant download ur tactic i was wondering if u would be so kind as 2 put screenies of ur tactic and player/team instructions that would br great thx

Hey what do you mean by: User the smallest pitch possible.

Btw your tactic is very good :D

Hey what do you mean by: User the smallest pitch possible.

Btw your tactic is very good :D
before the season starts, there'll be a few pitch dimensions for you to choose. you'll probably see something like this:

100m x 70m (minimum)
102m x 73m (standard)
106m x 78m (maximum)

choose the one with the minimum

I think i have already said i love these tactics however you have to make sure your players are better or at least the same level than the oppositions as i have tried to use with lower rep teams and they seem to struggle. Everton did well against everyone except the top 6
You can use manuel opposition instructions with this but never man mark or close down anyone!
ie. weaker foot and hard for players with low bravery or key players
you don't want to do this as it pulls your players out of position so the passing pattern that the tactic uses breaks down
i am man utd and and always use the away version against liv and chelsea because of their formations and the home version seems to struggle against them

I've never posted here before, but I've been playing with this tactic for a couple days, so I might as well start here. You went to the trouble to make and upload this tactic, so the least I can do is provide some feedback in return.

I played as AS Roma by the way, bad choice because they are already fairly strong, it was no problem to win league, euro cup and italy cup with this tactic during first season.

For defending against crosses: having defenders who can ward off crosses has already been mentioned, but I really think the keeper can play a huge role here, more than usual. I signed Guillermo Ochoa after I saw some crosses get headed in, and I swear I don't think I conceded another goal off a cross after that. His high positioning stat (and probably anticipation helps a lot too, but I'm not 100% sure how much since its not highlighted) is what let him catch the headers that connected. Only a few keepers normally have better positioning than Ochoa, like Rene Adler, Akinfeev and maybe 3 very expensive guys like Julio Cesar, Reina, and Cech. Lloris and Neuer are close... all others are usually lower. scout will say his strength is "being at the right place at the right time" which made me realize it could be huge in really sealing up this already solid tactic. I recommend one of these guys for sure, though sometimes the positioning stat is slightly random-ish so check it first.

For the question about feet, if you have the left footed guy playing on the right side and so on, they will be unable to cross after dribbling into the corner (which they love to do with this tactic it seems), but they will still go to the flag then turn around and go back down the pitch, almost running in a circle. But they will send it back to the AMC generally so it isn't a total loss oO).

For congestion in the middle, I noticed it too, so I tried putting my AMC to free roaming. I dunno, he seemed to give the strikers more space (since he is looking for space himself), even taking through passes from the strikers and midfielders, wide of the poachers, so I left it like that.

I know this is longer than anyone wants to read already, but one more interesting part about the midfield. My centre midfielders actually had the most assists, about 60 in total from centremids during the first season. The midfielders would get the ball, either winning it or a pass from DM, and quickly feed a striker or the AMC on counterattack. Also, they often got passes back from the AMC and then a quick through pass straight to a poacher. I think there are some ways to exploit this, for example, a very good defensive team player type (such as De Rossi for Roma...) who can cover for a very high passing/creativity/decisions playmaker, both at centre midfielder. This type of pairing is obviously applicable to any tactic but I feel even more so for this one, because the centremids have 4 scoring options (including 2 poachers!) he can outlet to with just one quick pass, straight up the middle. I actually set De Rossi to ball-winner after noticing this, with a playmaker type beside him (didn't have a great one tho), but like above, do not change this and then complain that JP Woody's tactic is broken, because it changes the player settings (he also got 25 yellow cards). Anyway, moral of the story, sign at least one very solid creative playmaker type for the CM position as a top priority (no need to change the roles).

I hope that I didn't ramble on too much and that this provides maybe some useful feedback for your next tactic, and thanks again.

Can someone please link me to the winger tactic please? also i have a great napoli team now and feel confident to change philosophy from balanced to fluid but am unsure as to what effect this will have on the tactic, and was wondering if you did?

Can someone please link me to the winger tactic please? also i have a great napoli team now and feel confident to change philosophy from balanced to fluid but am unsure as to what effect this will have on the tactic, and was wondering if you did?
If in doubt try it out.

As for the winger tactic, which are you on about?