Status
Not open for further replies.
after my first month with portsmouth, not great. although i put this down to the team not being used to the system, 1 win, 1 draw, 3 losses in the league. knocked out of the cup by MK dons. still under transfer embargo. its gonna be a long hard season

View attachment 167205View attachment 167206

Tottenham have now offered me the managers job with them so thinking of accepting and making a new wide tactic for them.

Please do JP, would love to see a more attacking version of this, would work wonders with my Chelsea game.

Steve

I like your Brian Clough tactics a lot but I think I might update to this one (and gonna cut a lot of strikers from my books- i have about 3 first team strikers, 3 youth, and about 4-5 reserve players, i might loose of about 3-4 of the worst, as they're all very good)

The guy leading it would be a youth grad with 19 acc and 18 pace, with 13 finishing and 13 composure/16 off ball. Shame about his consistency of 10. The substitute has 18 finishing, 15 dribbling, 11 composure, 17 off the ball about 20 for work rate as well as 16 pace weakened by 11 acc.

Although it would benefit my midfield as i have so many midfielders (i can count about 15 MCs- across first team, reserve and youth)

And also my DMs would have more chances of First Team football.

Last edited:
Nice tactic.Please upload!

Like he said, he's not going to release it after one successful result.

Give him time to test and perfect and that is when he will release it if he's satisfied.

Just an update on my wide attacking tactic im using with Spurs.

11 league games in and going pretty well, although played 2 of the big boys and havent beat them which is a worry. Drew with Arsenal 0-0 but should of won after dominating. Beaten 2-1 at Man Utd in an even match, could easily of drew.

Table so far and were top:

View attachment 167566

Results so far:

View attachment 167567

Squad performance so far:

View attachment 167568

My main centre forward Derdiyok has 14 league goals in 11 matches:

View attachment 167569

This tactic snaps big teams real hard (although I lost to Inter 1-2, but i'm Crewe- albeit with wonderkids with 12th expectation, but did win 3-2 against a debt-free Arsenal with so many star players and scalp a 3-3 draw).

However against teams that like to play direct with fast players upfront- this tactic becomes a liability. Use the home tactic (even if away in cases like these) is its defends closer upfront and this tends to better it.

Also don't try this in a fixture congestion- although if your reserves are pretty good- they'll still be fight capable.

The strikers don't seem to score as much as the midfielders do. Would setting Target Man to CF help increase his goals (since we're talking about quick direct football here)

Again these tactics will work more with experienced players in the side (don't know why but seems unrealistic)

However in spite of all this- it has given me plenty of wins that i had trouble acquiring from teams like ****, Utd- and most of all Aston Villa.

I think this tactic will suit Bilbao to a tee.

Last edited:
JP

New tactic looks the dogs bollocks! Good luck with the rest of your season, your of to a fantastic start!

Steve

JP

New tactic looks the dogs bollocks! Good luck with the rest of your season, your of to a fantastic start!

Steve

Yeah they are working really well and my main striker now has 17 league goals in 13 games. Just played Chelsea away too and won, played them off the pitch.

View attachment 167661View attachment 167662
pencil.png

I am using it with my Swansea team, first season in EPL. Doing rly well, im currently 10th in the league after 11 games, which i think is absolutely fantastic result, considering that i've bought 15 new players in the last transfer window. I have just beaten liverpool away in the carling cup, which is pretty sweet and right now winning with them 2:1 at home, 10 minutes to go. So all in all its definitely going better than i expected and once my team adjust to the tactic, **** i might even go for place in the CL. :)

Thanks a lot for this wonderful tactic mate, will post some screenshots at the end of the season.

Still using this tactic but i have hit a bit of a brickwall. In 2016 with Wolves and i dont think i can take the club any further. I am flirting with Top 10 but nothing more which is a bit disappointing now. I still swear by the tactic, as the quick direct counter attacking i love but would love to know if JP or anyone else could come up with a better version of this? Perhaps a two man forward line? I know the 4231 high scoring has been posted, but frankly i hate that shape, as i just feel you cant have a squad with normal 'CMs' in.

Status
Not open for further replies.