Status
Not open for further replies.

JP Woody

Reaction score
OK, first of all apologies for uploading and deleting the total football tactic earlier last week. It worked very well for me in the lower leagues with Bristol Rovers but after further testing with better teams i realised it wasn't quite up to scratch. Basically its no good having a tactic which gets less effective the more you improve the team so it was back to the drawing board, which brings me on to this new one.

In the new improved one i've still wanted a more expansive tactic but made some big changes. I've gone back to a trusty 442, i still think it's by far the best and most effective formation to use on Football manager 2013. This is now an attacking tactic, i've used my Germany tactics from last year as a base but obviously with a 442 rather than 4231.

View attachment 298518

I've tested first with Vitesse in the Dutch league, went very well. Won the league comfortably and scored plenty of goals with beautiful football.

View attachment 298511View attachment 298512View attachment 298513View attachment 298514View attachment 298515View attachment 298516

Im now testing with Spurs in the Prem and going pretty well considering the team still getting used to the new system.

View attachment 298519View attachment 298520View attachment 298521

Regarding players im not going to give a list of who to buy this time, just buy the best players you can, you should all know what attributes make a good defender, striker etc.

WHAT I DID DURING TEST:

Teamtalks,

PRE MATCH: ASK ASSISTANT

HALF TIME IF LOSING: AGGRESSIVE TALK

HALF TIME IF DRAWING: ASSERTIVE "I EXPECT BETTER SHOWING IN 2ND HALF"

HALF TIME IF WINNING BY 1 GOAL "DON'T GET COMPLACENT"

HALF TIME IF WINNING BY 2 GOALS "YOU've PLAYED WELL BUT YOU're CAPABLE OF BETTER"

HALF TIME IF WINNING BY 3 GOALS OR MORE "YOU've BUILT A SOLID LEAD BUT THINGS CAN CHANGE, KEEP YOUR PERFORMACE LEVELS UP"

FULL TIME WIN OR GOOD DRAW: PRAISE

FULL TIME DEFEAT OR POOR DRAW: AGGRESSIVE TALK

Shouts, None.

Pitch, small

Opposition Instructions, none.

Plug & Play, never changed anything home or away.

Training: Balanced and Tactics only like shown in this screenshot:

View attachment 298523

Past Experience Automatic, note that if you pick something lower like sunday league footballer the game will be harder as players have less respect for you.

This tactic won't guarantee you a win every week but hopefully you will have success at whatever level you're playing at. Good luck.

​DOWNLOAD

Last edited:
Good OP JP, gotta say, I absolutely loved your previous one I think it was, worked wonders with my Wolves side, especially using Doyle as the CF, looking forward to and will definitely be trying this out and report back!

EDIT: @chappers13, it's available now, I've just downloaded it.

Last edited:
how long should it take to get use to

How long is a piece of string? Depends on the team, they're all different and used to different styles and formations. You can see how familiar the team is with the tactic on the tactics screen, or if you click on your *** manager then reports and team talk feedback you can see how gelled your team is. Also if you click on boardroom then confidence you can see what your squad harmony is like.

Very nice football. You did it
Thanks for that

JP

Is that the normal skin you are using? Seems a bit stretched?

What comp do you use?

Also do you find that the poacher gets most of your goals?

Lenovo i7 laptop on windows 8.

The CF been getting more goals for me.

Tried with F.C. Internazionale tonight.

Formation:

Handanovic
Jhonatan(Nagatomo) - Silvestre - Samuel - Pereira (Nagatomo)
Zanetti (Jhonatan) - Guarin - Cambiasso - Obi (Wellinton Nem)
Ademilson (Milito injured) - Palacio (Cassano)

i manage to get 9 wins and 3 draws for now.
Scored: 28 Conceded: 8

seems good. tomorrow i'll go on with career and uptade the results.

sorry if this sounds stupid guys,but im a bit of a noob at tech things like this,when i download this,what do i open it with to get it into game,as its a "tac file".
thanks in advance.

sorry if this sounds stupid guys,but im a bit of a noob at tech things like this,when i download this,what do i open it with to get it into game,as its a "tac file".
thanks in advance.

You need to save the file and then pull it over into your tactics folder... documents --> sports interactive --> football manager 2013 --> tactics

How many did Bony score? I played with them in a net game and he was insane.

Only 1, Ighalo scored 5, i know what you mean though, he scored 30 goals in 34 games last season.

Hi there !

I've been testing your tactic with Lyon. Here are the results so far:

9 games : 7 wins / 1 draw / 1 defeat (100% wins at home, away defeat at PSG, 3-2 with their 3rd goal at 93rd...).
20 goals scored, 8 conceded.

A few narrow wins in the last 4-5 games, but 7 wins out of 9 games is defo a very good run !

Thanks

I will try your tactic with Lyon, like john11red above me, but I'm in 2018 :)

Keep you posted !
Edit: I don't know what to say right now.
Played 2 games 0-0 against Juve at home and 1-1 against St.Etienne at home.

In the game against Etienne I've scored the 1-1 goal in the 93 min, after I've change to another tactic, not yours.

But will keep testing..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.