JP's simple & solid 442 & counter version (13.1.3)

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 343
  • Views Views 122K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't win for sheet in this season...... sitting 23rd, seems so odd when everything was running so smoothly for 2 seasons, god knows what I can do now! The regens have not be kind to me + no good fre transfers/loans.

Which version are you using? The simple and solid doesn't work on the new patch but the counter has been working. Also too many new faces can really upset the harmony of your squad.

Last edited:
Ohhh new patch 13.2.1, SI said that it improve match engine... I'll wait to download it until someone test it with Counter tactic, and check if it works good.

Ohhh new patch 13.2.1, SI said that it improve match engine... I'll wait to download it until someone test it with Counter tactic, and check if it works good.

It works well. Took about 4 games for my team to become fluent but been dominating ever since.

Generality I love this tactic and when I started 2nd season with West Ham I sicked to the letter when it comes to all guidelines but when it comes to the games against big teams i get hammered from 5-0 to 7-0, or loosing from Swansea at home 1-0 (20th in league) but HEY, I can call it bad luck but..... :(
Like I said already at other posts, I dont want to minimize the effort you guys are putting in making good tactic (I dont expect DIABLO tactic) but when you post comments using teams like Man UTD, Man City, PSZ, Barcelona it does not mean much tbh. Any tactic can work with this teams. Personally, good tactic is one where you can get a win or a draw with big teams (sometimes) but not with digging in but by playing smart.
Woody you are master in making tactics, can you plz help us playing smaller clubs and not be humiliated by rich bastards ? :D

The counter tactic works perfectly in lower league management.

I'm currently managing 1.FC Magdeburg in the German 4th Division.

Media predicted us to finish 6th but 9 games in I'm currently sitting top of the league, won all 9 games, scored 15 and conceded only 2.

Guess it does but looks like it does not work good in Premiership when you take underdogs. You loose 3 games in a row, moral goes down and it is game over :(

FFS! Been using the counter tactic for some time now and it has performed well through the 13.1 - 13.2 patch but now that SI have released yet another patch, it seems impossible to score a goal!

Generality I love this tactic and when I started 2nd season with West Ham I sicked to the letter when it comes to all guidelines but when it comes to the games against big teams i get hammered from 5-0 to 7-0, or loosing from Swansea at home 1-0 (20th in league) but HEY, I can call it bad luck but..... :(
Like I said already at other posts, I dont want to minimize the effort you guys are putting in making good tactic (I dont expect DIABLO tactic) but when you post comments using teams like Man UTD, Man City, PSZ, Barcelona it does not mean much tbh. Any tactic can work with this teams. Personally, good tactic is one where you can get a win or a draw with big teams (sometimes) but not with digging in but by playing smart.
Woody you are master in making tactics, can you plz help us playing smaller clubs and not be humiliated by rich bastards ? :D

I don't make tactics for big teams.

Yet another patch? Ffs. I've not used it yet. Busy with Xmas etc. This is why I'm reluctant to make a new tactic.

Yet another patch? Ffs. I've not used it yet. Busy with Xmas etc. This is why I'm reluctant to make a new tactic.

Dont say that JP!!!!! I'm waiting for my Christmas present from you........ a 4231 tactic ;)

I only tried thw simple 4-4-2 version - standart and balanced. Won championsship with Wolves had 20 points more than 2th lol - both my strikers scored 25+ goals each and my backup 15+ :)

Havent tried the counter version yet - but thinking about doing it in the new season in PL.

But I been reading the last couple of pages - what tactic are you guys using? counter or standart? and some talks about using attacking mentality.

and great tactic JP

I only tried thw simple 4-4-2 version - standart and balanced. Won championsship with Wolves had 20 points more than 2th lol - both my strikers scored 25+ goals each and my backup 15+ :)

Havent tried the counter version yet - but thinking about doing it in the new season in PL.

But I been reading the last couple of pages - what tactic are you guys using? counter or standart? and some talks about using attacking mentality.

and great tactic JP
Hello my friend.
JP says that simply and solid doesnt work with new patch. I am using counter version and the results are very good. But now are another new patch 13.2.1 and I dont test the tactic yet.
Good luck

just had crazeeh matches vs real, 3-6 & 3-3. LOL.

edit; my matches, curently 1st place @ PL, 3rd @ CL (1 point behind 1st) using counter. First season was using control version and finished 4th :)

aDIJx.jpg

Last edited:
Using the counter tactic on the latest patch and its working well, 5th at Christmas with Aston Villa. Have taking a few hidings of Utd and Chelsea but other than that it is working very well considering their squad. I have Bought Ekdal for the right sided centre mid and N'Zogbia has been a world beater on the left wing. I was wondering if you (or anyone) could give advice to who or what kind of player would be good for the left sided centre mid, I have been using Stephen Ireland but i think I could definitely get someone more effective as he has been very average and lags behind the rest of the squad on average rating.

Just a quick update, started a Fleetwood save (League 2). After back to back promotions, I finished 19th in the Championship (was a bit of my depth tbh, trying to nurture 2 young ST's, Luke James and Max Clayton). I gave up and signed a 6"6 ST to play as the CF (I believe a big ST works best here, especially for attacking near post corners).

4th season, was gonna use this as a solider (get my team together, several free transfers coming in, including a couple of 16 y/o french kids who look awesome). Currently 2nd in the Championship, guaranteed play-offs, just fighting for automatic promotion! Think this is proof that the tactic does work in the current patch. Like I said, helps if you have a very tall CF.

EDIT: Quick update, ended up finishing 2nd, 1 point behind winners (West Ham). 92 points to 91. Fearing the worst for next season... time to really test this tactic!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back