JP's simple & solid 442 & counter version (13.1.3)

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 343
  • Views Views 122K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi JP Woody and all,

I am a big fan of 442/424 tactics. every year i start to test some tactics and create mine. this year after i test your tactic, i even don't need to make a tweak in it. it was perfect.

I've tested lots of tactics since 13.1.3 patch, your tactic was the best.
View attachment 293384View attachment 293385

then i found that the game will be easy with your tactic and start a new game. Sell all my foreign players and buy a pack of turkish players. first the results were good, the team played great, but after the 13.2.0 patch released my team started to play ridiculously poor as you can see in the results:

View attachment 293386

this was the first time since 1995 (cm1) i had a bad run like this, and i was 19years old at that time.

Sorry but the truth hurts:
with 13.2.0 patch, your tactic is dead my friend.

I will try counter one with a new save ;)

cheers..

Hi JP Woody and all,

I am a big fan of 442/424 tactics. every year i start to test some tactics and create mine. this year after i test your tactic, i even don't need to make a tweak in it. it was perfect.

then i found that the game will be easy with your tactic and start a new game. Sell all my foreign players and buy a pack of turkish players. first the results were good, the team played great, but after the 13.2.0 patch released my team started to play ridiculously poor as you can see in the results:

View attachment 293386

this was the first time since 1995 (cm1) i had a bad run like this, and i was 19years old at that time.

cheers..

The truth doesn't hurt, successful tactics rarely survive new patches. I urge you to use the counter tactic though as the patch hasn't had a negative effect on it :)

Hi JP Woody and all,

View attachment 293386

cheers..

Oh, JP you are a tactical god! :D

I've loaded my previous save and used your counter tactic. Even with the new patch it owns dude!

View attachment 293413

Galatasaray is enjoying life with me again!
Cheers mate!

So no problem with the new patch apparently...I'm a big fan of JP's tactics since FM 2011 but this year no luck so far. We'll see.

Started a new save after the patch using the counter version. Bought only Alaba in the preseason, and Ashley Young(X-fer Listed) to cover my ML injuries.
Not bad result I must say. However the away game sometimes they play well sometimes managed to get just draw/lose.

View attachment 293480

Hi woody and all,

need help, befor new patch played with your conter tactic with parma and finished 4th in first season but after new patch as you can see below play very poor.

thCW2ffWGKD3QnhIfLGFOIj6xqG7iKhP56Z6yC5kJdp8ttCfIdkGMmR6yEIy4J+GxguyALuMy+HmysMAIdNae5KHwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACA+fwAkWCieouyykgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

can you please help me?

doesnt seem to work for me on 13.2 patch...playing with newcasstle p12 w4 d3 l5....nothing i seem to do on this game ****** works.

Started a new save after the patch using the counter version. Bought only Alaba in the preseason, and Ashley Young(X-fer Listed) to cover my ML injuries.
Not bad result I must say. However the away game sometimes they play well sometimes managed to get just draw/lose.

View attachment 293480

Its football, it happens, the results look fine to me.

Last edited:
doesnt seem to work for me on 13.2 patch...playing with newcasstle p12 w4 d3 l5....nothing i seem to do on this game ****** works.

Which tactic are you using? You've only played 12 games. Success can't always be instant and you can't win every match. Consistency will only come if your patient, get the right players and allow them to gel. My first season was very up and down. Only managed to win the league because of a great run in the last 10 matches. 2nd season we were loads better.

Good morning friends.
As I said earlier, I'm playing with the team "Beasain" Spanish fourth division. Last season, I played with the tactic "simple & solid" and was in second place and got to climb during the playoffs.
This season, I'm in the third division Spanish and I am using the tactic "counter attack (13.1.3)". The results are very good, I'm in fourth position after playing 12 games (6 win, 3 draws, 3 losses) with 21 points. I think it is a very very good result for such a small team as the "Beasain".
I'd like to download the new patch (13.2), but can not find it, sorry ... You can leave me the link to download please?
I dont know if I use the new patch this season or wait for the next, because the results are very good with 13.1.3.
JP: what do you think? I put the new patch or wait?
Thank you very much for your wonderful work.
Now I have played 23 matches and the results are very very good. I am second with 49 points (15 win, 4 draws, 4 losses). The leader is 1 point up of me. The last 11 matches, only 1 draw and 1 lost.
Thanks again my friend

Last edited:

This is how i went in my Olhanense game.
Started using this tactic against Benfica 3.11.2014
so the result arent super, but i do think its realistic compared to what i have of players and so on.
one thing tho, it is the best league table we ever had and i became manager of the year :D so big plus there :D

gonna post how in went in my other game in 2 sec

I meant which version of the tactic. The original or the counter attacking. The counter tactic is working very well with the new patch.
I used the simple solid in the 3. and 2. Bundesliga. Now I'm playing in the 1. Bundesliga using the counter version, as a relatively weak Chemnitzer FC team and it's a great tactic. I lost 0-8 to to FC Bayern though, but they have an incredibly strong team :)
Great tactic, it is working very well.

Last edited:
Have to agree if your starting lower leagues this works very well!

Started as Mansfield in BSP, won the league with my poacher getting 53 goals Soukouna, then 2nd season won the Npower league 2 by 15 points finishing on 97 points, Soukouna getting 30 again!

Now in Npower league 1 and struggling, but this is mainly thanks to a lack of experience in my team and not enough good loan signings. Highly recommend this tactic for people starting off lower league.

JP one thing, you have listed 2 specific attributes that are needed per position, but can you expand on that? With lower leagues its hard to find the right player for the right position, thanks.

Have to agree if your starting lower leagues this works very well!

Started as Mansfield in BSP, won the league with my poacher getting 53 goals Soukouna, then 2nd season won the Npower league 2 by 15 points finishing on 97 points, Soukouna getting 30 again!

Now in Npower league 1 and struggling, but this is mainly thanks to a lack of experience in my team and not enough good loan signings. Highly recommend this tactic for people starting off lower league.

JP one thing, you have listed 2 specific attributes that are needed per position, but can you expand on that? With lower leagues its hard to find the right player for the right position, thanks.

If i expanded on it then it would narrow your search down even more. Having just 2 key attributes gives you wider scope. If you're using the counter tactic then just get the best players you can, just try and make sure your wingers and poacher are quick.

Can't win for sheet in this season...... sitting 23rd, seems so odd when everything was running so smoothly for 2 seasons, god knows what I can do now! The regens have not be kind to me + no good fre transfers/loans.

Just switched to this tactic after using Veez 4231 which went bad after the patch.

Found it great for fluency of passing and normally have far more shots than the opposition. Currently 8 games unbeaten with a relatively weak Crewe side in the chpionship.

new patch 13.2

Hello my friends:
Can you tell me where is the new patch? My english is very bad and I dont see anywhere the new patch. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back