Just Another Manager Story... WITH A TWIST!

Reaction score
Hi everyone! This is the introduction to a new manager story I am doing, although this has a massive twist. Some will not like the idea and i completely understand as it extremely unrealistic, but it is different and something some of you can read to enjoy a less serious type of manager story.

I have the in game editor and I am going to play as my local club, Wrexham FC. Who are in the Skrill conference, the twist is that i am removing all of their players and picking a squad of 35 through Futhead's random card generator for fifa. So Messi may end up playing in the conference (the luck I would need.) I will not be able to make any transfers In or Out in my first season so I am stuck with what I'm given. (Lets hope for a Goalkeeper.)

Shock Squad Revamp for Wrexham!

images

Jamie Williams has been given the Managerial job at the club and is expected to hold a squad of 35 players which FIFA themselves are forcing to play for the club. Controversy surrounds the footballing world after this decision. Has Sepp Blatter gone madder than we first thought he was? Will players accept that they have to move into Wales to live? Will they play? The most important question is who will they be? Find out in the next update!

Wrexham's Players soon to be announced in next update:​

Last edited:
Good to see that you've started this and can't wait to see the players you draw!

All the best with this project :)

I'm liking the idea of this, sounds like fun!

Here are the first 5 players who have been forced to move to Wrexham FC.

View attachment 442567View attachment 442566View attachment 442565View attachment 442564View attachment 442563
What an intake that is! A brilliant random selector for Wrexham as Sepp Blatter chooses a solid first 5 players to move to Wrexham in FIFA's very own project, Fans of Everton and Shaktar are said to be furious with two of their players moving for next to nothing. FC Kobenhagen fans have mixed feelings about Mellberg leaving as they knew he was going to retire soon. Here are the player reactions:

Mellberg: "I am disgusted, how can they do this? After the career I have had? I am not a player to be playing in the conference, not at all. I may only have a few seasons left but now I think it will definitely be shortened to my last. I do not want to play at this level, I am better than this."

Pyatov: "To be honest I am looking forward to this challenge, it depends on who else is brought into the squad. Hopefully not Petr Cech or I dont have a chance to play." He laughs. "Of course i will miss European football but this is something new, something exciting."

Planas: "Barcelona have always been my club, and it upsets me that I am forced to leave, I just started playing well for the B team last season and was ready to step up to the challenge of the first team if they ever needed me, but as a child my father always warned me I may not be able to play for the first team, this isn?t the way I expected to be told, but I have been. I aim to prove myself and hopefully I will get a call in future that they may want me back.?

Aythami: "It is nice to be considered part of this project, I am ready to go and I am ready to help the team."

Gibson: "Sometimes in life there?s nothing you can do about some situations, being forced to play here and not even know how much we are on a week yet is not fair. I hope they know what they are doing and I hope to get my old contract if not an improvement. I wanted to take Everton places, the fans got behind me there and it?s sad to be separated from that. I am a Wrexham player now, and I want that relationship with their fans too."

A mixed reaction with the players but it does seem that no one really likes the idea. Mellberg at most. There has been no discussion of what money the players will be on and this could be on big mess for everyone involved. There are rumors that the players will receive the complete amount that their contracts at former clubs wouyld have been and that they will play for nothing for the first season (effectively making more money as they would recieve a hugs pay out.) The future is looking bright for Wrexham, but maybe not the players involved.

Last edited:
Interesting drawing for you there, a few good players in there however, so hopefully you'll be able to do well in the league this year!

All the best!

yh i think this could be alot of fun i like the idea!! now for the rest of the team!

yh i think this could be alot of fun i like the idea!! now for the rest of the team!

Well i did that one on the sly in work mate, wont be home until 6 and I normally go out on a friday, will try and update another 5 :) or would you all like the next one to be an update of 10? save it dragging on?

yh do the 10 m8 :) m8 im mad for going out also but ive got the kids have a good night!!

Nice idea mate. Looking forward to reading this. I know what im doing when I get the laptop out ha ha.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

yh do the 10 m8 :) m8 im mad for going out also but ive got the kids have a good night!!

looking likely that i wont have the time to do this, but I will try my best to get this done over the weekend :) haah have a good night in! ;)

Nice idea mate. Looking forward to reading this. I know what im doing when I get the laptop out ha ha.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

loving all this support! I will definitely be updating this as much as i can for all of you! means a lot :)

looking likely that i wont have the time to do this, but I will try my best to get this done over the weekend :) haah have a good night in! ;)

and he rubs it in haha just dont get smashed an start posting ur story it could all go wrong lol

View attachment 442022
The second group of players which have been drafted by Sepp Blatter are all defenders. Again there are a strong group of players who will know doubt play well in this league. Wrexham look like they will be a dominant force with these signings as 3 of them play in the highest level of their respective nations' leagues. Here are the players reactions,

Luna: I know a lot of people do not like the project that Sepp Blatter is doing at Wrexham but i am happy to be a part. Everyone knows the club used to be in a better place than it is now and it has a stadium worth being in a higher position. I want to take them there.

Butler: I'm glad to be here, i hated Portsmouth, one week i got paid, the next i didnt. You never knew what you were going to get with them, and it was never picking up. This time next year we will be higher than Portsmouth ever, i hated the club.

Caulker: After short spells at Cardiff and Swansea, Wrexham will be the third welsh club that i have played for. I'm relishing the opportunity to be part of these plans, and im looking forward to taking this club to the top.

Coz: I do not want to talk right now.

Berra: Well I can't say I'm not disappointed. I dont like the club, and i do not really like the players bar one or two that I've met so far, the end of my career might well be the same time as Olaf's.

Papadopoulos: I want to lead this club to glory, hopefully the manager see's what i can bring to the club. I want to captain Wrexham FC all the way to the premiership.

View attachment 442027

BIG NAMES JOIN WREXHAM! Sepp Blatter has chosen Atletico Madrid hitman Diego Costa to join the project, joining him in a high profile signing will be Alex Sandro and Sergio Canales, who once played for Real Madrid. Another Real Madrid player signing willl be the youngster Sol who didnt make an appearance for the first team. Lets hear from the players reactions.

Diego Costa: There isnt really much to say, but hopefully this is a project which will be successful, and maybe we can take Wrexham to Europe.

Ulloa: Great to see I am in a project with a group of players who are all challenging for things, we must win the title, we must!

Canales: Madrid to Wrexham in 3 seasons? I do not want to think about my next coming years here.

Opare: I want to win every game this season, we have to do that with this team, Wrexham are my new club and i have to respect that, and the players have to respect the manager.

Alex Sandro: Really excited to be brought in to this challenge with good friends like Diego, although we are in a low league I am hoping we can lead this club to glory and make them a top team. I can't wait to get started!

Sol: I am up for the challenge, hopefully i will get some more game time than i used to!

Surely Wrexham must win back to back promotions at least with the team that they have? Costa was scoring left right and centre for Atletico Madrid in recent months, and is hoping he can double the tally in this lower league. Time will tell but it is looking good for the Club.

4 ****** left backs though, already....

Can you link me to the website your using please? I wanna try it with FM2013, cheers. I love this story by the way, can't wait to see what happens and if there will be any transfers? I'll laugh if you don't get promoted XDXDXD

View attachment 441928

I have decided not to do the players reactions from now on as it will take too much time to get the story underway. After this intake of players we now only have 6 more left to come and they will be up shortly. We have now got more experience in Totti and have some flair through Nani, the squad looks ready to get together and gel. Next comes the last 6, lets hope for a big name!

Last edited:
Can you link me to the website your using please? I wanna try it with FM2013, cheers. I love this story by the way, can't wait to see what happens and if there will be any transfers? I'll laugh if you don't get promoted XDXDXD

FIFA 14 Ultimate Team Squad Builder & FUT 14 Database | Futhead

You then hover over the players tab, and it will come with a drop down and click "Fifa 14 Random" then I just click on the all players sign! Haha imagine not getting promoted with the likes of Costa in the team, would be so humiliating, glad you like the idea mate :)

Last edited: