Kenny Dalglish leaves Liverpool manager's post

Zeb's PM to me earlier "Off to get wrecked. We're ******."

Thanks Mike. Just when I thought Zeb could lift my mood with some pleasing news, you tell me that.

Hate you!

Liverpool fan outside Anfield on TV :"Problem with Kenny is you should never go back" Reporter:"Who would you have now?" "Rafa"

Thanks Mike. Just when I thought Zeb could lift my mood with some pleasing news, you tell me that.

Hate you!

He's not been too optimistic, and with some good reason

You need a manager, assistant manager, director of football, head of press and communications, managing director, a CEO, and to have a net spend of 25m on players that improve you this summer. **** of a task.

Get on the phone to David Dein that's for sure.

Hate you!

lol

Not much I can really say to be honest. There's a strong feeling that these owners are making it up as they go along. This has been brewing since last Christmas (no 20-20 hindsight here either as one or two on here know).

Options right now aren't looking good. We're a club on the brink of a massive freefall. There is no structure in place within the club to achieve anything. So whoever gets appointed is on a hiding to nothing without that.

It may be there's some cunning masterplan just waiting to be unveiled. The fact that Kenny had to force the issue on whether he stays or goes would suggest otherwise.

We're staring into the abyss at the moment and it's waving back. We're going to be a long way away for some time unless owners get this absolutely right. I've no confidence at all that they will or are even capable of doing that. Not being H&G really, really is no longer enough from our owners if we're to progress. And if we don't progress, we'll become yet another regional team which once used to be good.

Liverpool fan outside Anfield on TV :"Problem with Kenny is you should never go back" Reporter:"Who would you have now?" "Rafa"

That is quite amusing.

Anyway, unhappy with the news, now Liverpool might actually be a threat again. Awww.

Kenny Dalglish has left his post as Liverpool manager.

The 61-year-old has paid the price for Liverpool's poor performances in the Barclays Premier League.

Wow, fm12 game is real life sometimes, this happens in the game lmao, excellent, love it even more now.

lol

Not much I can really say to be honest. There's a strong feeling that these owners are making it up as they go along. This has been brewing since last Christmas (no 20-20 hindsight here either as one or two on here know).

Options right now aren't looking good. We're a club on the brink of a massive freefall. There is no structure in place within the club to achieve anything. So whoever gets appointed is on a hiding to nothing without that.

It may be there's some cunning masterplan just waiting to be unveiled. The fact that Kenny had to force the issue on whether he stays or goes would suggest otherwise.

We're staring into the abyss at the moment and it's waving back. We're going to be a long way away for some time unless owners get this absolutely right. I've no confidence at all that they will or are even capable of doing that. Not being H&G really, really is no longer enough from our owners if we're to progress. And if we don't progress, we'll become yet another regional team which once used to be good.

Literally no top end structure. There has to be a plan of sorts, surely because its only going to end in actual disaster.

Literally no top end structure. There has to be a plan of sorts, surely because its only going to end in actual disaster.

You'd hope so. But we're 19 months in and a DoF later. No Chief Exec appointed in that time, in spite of clearly needing one. The only day-to-day contact with the club is their money man Ginsberg (who amazingly avoided the sack, well, yeah).

There's a guy on goal.com who's art has been superb (his Guardiola resignation was a belter too):

186605hp2.jpg

Sums it up. We'll see what their Cunning Plan Mk2 is now. It'd better be a good one because stripping the club of any structure and then throwing in a new manager is unlikely to end well.

This! Shows why Martinez is a tactical marvel!

Honest opinion? He's had more money to spend than Bruce and Jewell and had worse results. Comparing apples to apples there. Interesting manager. No thank you, good luck at Villa all the same.

Honest opinion? He's had more money to spend than Bruce and Jewell and had worse results. Comparing apples to apples there. Interesting manager. No thank you, good luck at Villa all the same.

Pretty sure Bruce had a lot more to spend than Martinez, so did Jewell in his last couple of years. But there really isn't a lot in it.

Anyway, who should we hire, Zebedee?

Pretty sure Bruce had a lot more to spend than Martinez, so did Jewell in his last couple of years. But there really isn't a lot in it.

Anyway, who should we hire, Zebedee?

May be I'm wrong there. Was relying on someone else's numbers, so if I am, apologies as I've not doublechecked.

Not sure to be honest. Rafa would be brilliant. But also ludicrously divisive. And I doubt he'd fit too well with what they want in terms of image. Klopp would be my ideal choice, but he's not going to come. Deschamps was another name being mentioned when Hodgson got sacked but I'm not overly keen. If we're going young and British, Swansea's manager, at a push, might be worth a punt - mainly because he's got huge brass ones. If you want someone who's been there, done it, got the t-shirt and got a point to prove, Capello - but he'd be short-term, Chelsea want him and he'd cost a fortune. Ragnick (sp?) and Bielsa I like. But they're both flawed in their own ways.

Without a structure there, without any idea of what the plan is (if one exists), hard to say. Some of em are better at building a club than others. Some of them are better at getting short-term results than others. What are we doing? What do we want?

If you hired Martinez you'd effectively be hiring him one exceptional quarter of a season. Wigan have been pretty dire in the other 3 quarters.

May be I'm wrong there. Was relying on someone else's numbers, so if I am, apologies as I've not doublechecked.

Not sure to be honest. Rafa would be brilliant. But also ludicrously divisive. And I doubt he'd fit too well with what they want in terms of image. Klopp would be my ideal choice, but he's not going to come. Deschamps was another name being mentioned when Hodgson got sacked but I'm not overly keen. If we're going young and British, Swansea's manager, at a push, might be worth a punt - mainly because he's got huge brass ones. If you want someone who's been there, done it, got the t-shirt and got a point to prove, Capello - but he'd be short-term, Chelsea want him and he'd cost a fortune. Ragnick (sp?) and Bielsa I like. But they're both flawed in their own ways.

Without a structure there, without any idea of what the plan is (if one exists), hard to say. Some of em are better at building a club than others. Some of them are better at getting short-term results than others. What are we doing? What do we want?

Think it was the Liverpool thread that i said i put a quid on Capello at 80/1 a few days back. Here's hoping :)

Why would a young, ambitious manager like AVB want to go to Liverpool? Genuine question because I can't see what they can offer him. Their first squad is very mediocre (no offence but you have to be realistic) and they've wasted a huge deal of money on very average players that he will either have to sell (which will be embarrassing) or include purely because of their fees. Anyone taking over will have to accept that they need to finish in the top 4 in a league that includes: Chelsea, United, City, Arsenal, to a lesser extent Spurs, as well as clubs like Everton and Newcastle that have a decent chance of nabbing 4th if anyone slips up.

Villas Boas on the other hand, still looks like a quality manager in the making, plays pretty football and came out of the whole Chelsea episode relatively unscathed because of the fickle nature of their board and dressing room.

So, what can Liverpool offer him?

Reporter talking to Phil Thompson on SSN just now. "Was it the right decision to sack Kenny". PT"In my opinion, no".

I know he is proper, like proper Liverpool bias but Jesus Christ.

Reporter talking to Phil Thompson on SSN just now. "Was it the right decision to sack Kenny". PT"In my opinion, no".

But it wasn't the correct the decision. So, he was just stating the truth.

I was always a critic of Kenny, and I said I didn't think he was the right man for the job, but I still think he should have been given time to prove himself, one bad season, that's it and he got sacked. It wasn't fair, nor was it the right decision.

Nobody is above the club, but he deserved another year, minimum.

But it wasn't the correct the decision. So, he was just stating the truth.

I was always a critic of Kenny, and I said I didn't think he was the right man for the job, but I still think he should have been given time to prove himself, one bad season, that's it and he got sacked. It wasn't fair, nor was it the right decision.

Nobody is above the club, but he deserved another year, minimum.

I don't think he did, the players he (and Comoli) signed were dirt poor and way over priced (although i agree the prices for British players are ott). He could not settle on a tactic, one week it was 3 at the back the next it was 4 etc. And all in all it was a really **** poor season.

The general consensus from Liverpool fans is that he should have been given another season... What's your point?

I personally think the owners have rushed everything and right now are pretty clueless about how to move forward.