Kenny Dalglish leaves Liverpool manager's post

Did Hodgson not deserve the same amount of time then? He was never given a fair crack at Liverpool because all the fans wanted Kenny as manager. Now look at whats happened, whose to say it won't happen again if a new manager comes in and doesn't do great to start off with? They'll all be clamouring for Kenny to come back and save them again.

It was never the right choice to appoint him in the first place. If I was a Liverpool fan I'd like to see Benitez back at the helm or AVB. None of the other managers really stand out for me, and like people have said, Benitez was good under **** owners, what could he do with good owners?

Kenny won a cup, and got us into a final of another. He deserved another season for that.

As a sports journalist in the local area, and someone who spoke to Kenny just this evening on his holiday I'd like to dispel some myths currently flying around the club, or clarify some things that are going around as 'rumours'
(this will just be things that have been agreed that I may share)

And before my credentials are doubted check out my twitter @ojallsports and you will see I've picked up big things recently including knowing about Roy Hodgson for England many many weeks ago,

Anyway, in terms of rumours, Kenny did not fly to Boston with his job 'in the balance' he had been informed of their decision before he and Steve Clarke left for new England. The intentions of the trip was for Kenny to have a last opportunity to speak about the season nd for him to discuss hi future role at the club.

He was offered a severance package, which he rejected as it would 'take a significant chunk out of ny summer deals.' this is also the same for Damien Camoli who also turned down a severance package.

Steve Clarke did offer his resignation to Fenway Sports Group, which was rejected, as they don't want any knee-jerk reactions at the club, as well as the wish for him to meet the new manager before he makes his final decision.

The last hour of the meeting was Kenny with Fenway sports group coming up with a twenty five point plan on, in his eyes, the best way for the club to be taken forward. At this point he DID know he wasn't too be in charge (which is truly the mark of the man)

In response to the question of particular names he believed could successfully do the job, he replied 'not to many men are big enough to handle the club.'

I can say now that he is categorically ruled out, that not as HIS choice. But using the remit set by FSG Jenny's believed Brendan Rodgers had an attitude big enough to 'handle the club'

I don't know if there are anymore rumours people need commenting on, if people have questions ask away and I will do my best to comment​

I'll play mate. Could you describe in detail the structure currently being proposed for the club. Cheers. :)

Did you miss the lesson at journalism school about not formatting with annoying indentations?

Did you miss the lesson at journalism school about not formatting with annoying indentations?

Stop being a c**t.

The dude has his view. People know to disregard 99% of stuff they hear as its all speculation. Theres no need to post smart remarks about his writing ability.

*infraction incoming but seriously sick of the immaturity on the site lately so its worth it

Last edited:
Stop being a c**t.

The dude has his view. People know to disregard 99% of stuff they hear as its all speculation. Theres no need to post smart remarks about his writing ability.

*infraction incoming but seriously sick of the immaturity on the site lately so its worth it
I dare say his view was tongue-in-cheek and infractions from green men only no?