Klippybo Taking On the Champions League Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 412
  • Views Views 92K
Looking at the squad (depending how much of the fee you can use as transfers yourself) you should prob try get as much as possible for Sneijder so atleast then you can bring in some players too help plug gaps, of course if you only get less the 75% there prob no point in getting rid of him as you wont get enough too help bolster your squad, anyway good luck looks like you may need it :)

Looking at the squad (depending how much of the fee you can use as transfers yourself) you should prob try get as much as possible for Sneijder so atleast then you can bring in some players too help plug gaps, of course if you only get less the 75% there prob no point in getting rid of him as you wont get enough too help bolster your squad, anyway good luck looks like you may need it :)

10% - so not gonna happen lol

10% - so not gonna happen lol

Wow a I was writing that I thought that with you saying finances were insecure it may not be that much % of transfer fees but never thought it be only 10%, think you def need euro qualification and coppa italia victory just too gain some finances. Have fun with that :P

Regretting leaving Bayern yet lol

images

OCTOBER (pt2)

Thank god for international breaks! I arrived at Inter right at the beginning of one so had nearly 2 weeks to sort things out. What I find is a club hemorraging money to overpaid pensioners. I think the £2m they paid for me will be the biggest bit of spending for a while. With no Champions League football this rescue operation is going to be tougher than I thought.

I got rid of over 20 affiliated clubs and several members of staff however we have some excellent staff members remaining. Speaking of which - while checking out the u20 team I came across this fella -
View attachment 297809
Immediately my first choice RB this lad (wanted by Munich lol) is only behind Sneijder in my eyes as the best player at the club. I can see him following me about in the future! He is the Aitor Herrera of RB's lol.

Another notable member of staff was this scout - if I age as bad as this guy in real life I will have done something seriously wrong somewhere!
View attachment 297811

On the pitch we got 3 wins out of 4 as we actually played quite well. By the way Bayern Munich appointed Slaven Bilic as their new manager.

------------------------------------------------------

Inter Milan 3-0 Cesena
Milito, Juan, Alvarez

So we are off the mark! 2 early goals set us on our way as we get our first win of the season. Cesena were sitting in the top 6 so this was an excellent start. Boosts morale right up.

----------------------------------------------

UEFA Europa League Group J
Dinamo Moscow 1-2 Inter Milan
Alvarez, Cambiasso

A very nice win this. Cant really do squad rotation at the moment so my old players will have to put in a shift for a while.

----------------------------------------------

Palermo 1-0 Inter Milan

And we are brought down to earth. Alvarez got taken off injured, Cambiasso got sent-off and we got beat!

------------------------------------------------

Inter Milan 2-0 Spezia
Sneijder, Samuel

If we lost this game I would have resigned! lol

-------------------------------------------------
PLAYER OF THE MONTH
WESLEY SNEIJDER

images

View attachment 297845
still a bit of work to do - the board want European qualification

images

Club president Mr. Moratti

NOVEMBER

Before I start I have a question - why the **** do you have to name 12 subs for Serie A matches? Thats all lol.

On the pitch my players were magnificent - apart from against Dinamo Moscow and for half an hour against Parma - as we won 3 and drew 1 out of our 4 league games. Milito is banging in the goals too. Whisper it but the way things are going Champions League footy next season is a possibility.............

I signed a Senegalese CB/CM on a free called Guirane N'Daw purely for backup purposes while Ajax and Nottingham Forest got rid of their managers - as did Bilbao...

-----------------------------------------------

Udinese 1-2 Inter Milan
Alvarez, Milito

A great win!! We took the lead and then got pegged back but we got the winner after they had a man sent-off. We will take all the luck that we can get at the moment.

---------------------------------------------------

UEFA Europa League Group J

Inter Milan 0-1 Dinamo Moscow

FOR **** SAKE!!!!!! We battered them and they scored with their only shot on goal. Cambiasso got sent-off late on. With 2 games to go everyone is on 6pts.

-----------------------------------------------------

Inter Milan 3-3 Parma
Juan, Milito, Modesto (og)

3 nil down after half an hour and I was seriously thinking going in for the vacant Ajax job (or the Bilbao one). Must have threatened the players that at half time as they responded brilliantly!

----------------------------------------------------

Sampdoria 2-4 Inter Milan
Milito 4

Falcao might have won me the Champions League with Bayern but Milito gave me more pleasure here! lol

Atalanta 1-2 Inter Milan
Milito, Sneijder

We fell behind in the 2nd minute but were level at half-time thanks to our in form player. They then had a man sent-off and Sneijder struck the winner.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DIEGO MILITO

images

View attachment 297942

Wow how the mighty Inter have fallen, having too resort too a player that was on loan at Birmingham last year in N'Daw, as for the Subs it came in this year think it was so they could have their whole squad too pick from on game days and easier on managers so dont have too **** off any ego's by keeping them from the squad and if there is a need for them they dont have think '**** why didnt I have ***** on my bench'

Can't believe Inter were bottom haha.
I'm interested to know how much you'll get at the end of the year if you get Champions League footy...

You'll need to make some big signings just in case you face your own Bayern, Madrid or Barca!

love it so far :) try looking at the u20 teams of Roma and Genoa, they're full of talent (at the start of the game at least) :)

STUART LEAVES INTER FOR BARCELONA

images

What can I say? Del Bosque left Spain and Villanova took the job so there was an opening and I had to go for it. The lure of Messi and co was too good to turn down however I take over Barca lying 3rd in the league and there is also a possibility of going out of the Champions League..........
View attachment 298074View attachment 298075

The Barca squad is pretty much the same as it started out with except minus Puyol and Pedro but they did add Llorente. I have been given a transfer budget of £96m. Maybe I should spend it all on that RB at Inter and restore their finances lol

I dont feel too bad about leaving Inter despite only being their for 2 months as I led them away from the relegation zone and into the top half and I put that young RB in the team. However the club is in such a mess it is unreal. That club is in desperate need of a takeover. I will return.......................

Finally I apologise to anyone looking forward to the rest of the season with Inter but I just couldnt turn this job down. It is the Champions League challenge after all and now I have a great chance to win it twice in a row.

Well, you did what you had to. It makes much more sense to take the offer from Barcelona now and return to Inter in a future with Champions League than staying there for a fight to just qualify for next season.

images

DECEMBER

There was actually quite a bit to sort out at Barca (not as much as at Inter admittedly) but I had the money to do so - especially when the board announced they were giving me an extra £20m to spend! So immediately I began to arrange some transfers which will be revealed in January's update.

I brought in Johan Cruijff as my assistant manager too as he is well versed in all things Barca. What I noticed immediately was that some players were in the first team squad that should be in the B team and Cesc Fabregas wasnt even registered to play in the league!

I am playing my usual tactic with Messi as my AMC and Llorente up front. Thought about playing Messi as the striker but decided against it in the end. My bias towards Basque players comes to the fore lol.

It was a good month on the pitch as we won every game apart from our thrilling draw with Real and progressed in both the domestic and continental cups. Inter Milan appointed former Arsenal defender Oleg Luzhny as their new manager by the way.

-----------------------------------------------

Barcelona 3-0 Real Betis
Messi, Deulofeu, Casto (og)

A nice easy start to my reign here - shouldve scored more though.

Copa del Rey 4th Round 2nd Leg

Barcelona (2) 5-0 Jaen (0)
Roberto 3, Montoya, Villa
(Agg: 7-0)

As you would expect I played a backup side and young midfielder Sergi Roberto certainly impressed!

--------------------------------------------------

Real Madrid 3-3 Barcelona
Messi 2(1pen), Llorente

I suppose I will take this. We went behind, took the lead went behind again (2-2 after 15min) and got an injury time penalty to level things.

UEFA Champions League Group F

Celtic 1-3 Barcelona
Villa, Llorente, Messi

Looks an easy win but all the goals came in the last 15min. We finish the group in 2nd place behind PSG.

-------------------------------------------------

Copa del Rey 5th Round 1st Leg

Real Betis 0-2 Barcelona
Sanchez 2

I rested Messi for this game and started Fabregas and Fabregas duly went off injured.

Copa del Rey 5th Round 2nd Leg

Barcelona (2) 6-1 Real Betis (0)
Bojan, Villa, Deulofeu 2, Chica (og), Sergi Gomez
(Agg: 8-1)

Nice and easy. My old friend from my Bilbao save Benat scored for them.

Barcelona 2-0 Valencia
Llorente, Thiago

Messi missed an early penalty for us but it didnt effect us too badly.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
LIONEL MESSI

images

View attachment 298128

----------------------------------------------------
images

UEFA Champions League 1st Round Draw
View attachment 298120

Quite pleased with the draw - we avoided Bayern anyway! Liverpool shouldnt be beating us.

good luck...i have a new Champions League Challenge up...but i feel dirrty as i chose to get Man utd out of the way

Oh wow I go out for one day and there has been a manager merry-go-round here. Would have been a great challenge with Inter but really Inter should not have gotten that bad that quick. Good luck at Barca you certainly have the squad to challenge Bayern for the title.

Had to take that offer to be fair, Inter are in a state and Barcelona should be ticked off the list quite quickly!

P.S Thanks for Demba Ba!!!!!!! ;)

images

JANUARY

My thoughts were simple - if I am going to be armed with a transfer kitty of £120m I am ****** well going to use it to build an unbeatable team in the Champions League. However I admit I am kinda reluctant to weaken future managerial destinations so when I saw Rooney transfer listed I stayed away.

Firstly I looked at players who were transfer listed. I ignored Rooney, Jovetic, Mata and Bale but noticed Kurt Zouma was there so I spent £22m on the Frenchman. I then went straight back to Inter Milan and vowed to sign that regen RB Damiani whatever the cost - which ended up being £15m.

Next I went to Bilbao and splashed out £39m on Iker Muniain. I wont play him up front but he will be heavily involved. I needed a backup keeper so I threw £700k to Malaga for Carlos Kameni and I needed a LB after selling Adriano so I splashed out £16.25m on Russian Georgy Schennikov. The old romantic in me made me bring back Ronaldinho to the club and my director of football brought in a young regen striker from Argentina, a regen German and a regen Brazilian (see below) which took my total spending to a cool £100m.
View attachment 298261View attachment 298262View attachment 298271

Finally I also aranged 4 pre-contract deals - hopefully I wont be here when they arrive although 2 arrive in the summer so I probably will! lol

Outgoing was Jose Pinto on a free and Eric Abidal to Aston Villa for £500k. David Villa was sold to PSG for £6.75m - he did well for me but he is too old and I had already decided that Muniain was an upgrade! Adriano left to join Napoli for a cut price £2.5m also while we loaned out Andreu Fontas.

Anywho enough about transfers. On the field we had a decent month although we lost twice in the cup and have pretty much handed the title to Madrid after our draw with Sociedad.

My first choice XI is - Valdes, Daniel Alves (just), Pique, Zouma, Alba, Xavi, Iniesta, Muniain, Messi, Sanchez, Llorente

------------------------------------------------------

Getafe 0-3 Barcelona
Llorente, Messi, Alba

Muniain started on the LW, Zouma at CB and Damiani came off the bench for his debut to become Barcelona's youngest player.

---------------------------------------------------------

Copa del Rey QF 1st Leg

Malaga 3-4 Barcelona
Sanchez, Fabregas 2, Llorente

We were 2up at half-time and got pegged back to 2-2 then went 4-2 up and I thought we were going to let it slip again but we held on.

Mallorca 1-3 Barcelona
Llorente, Muniain, Bojan

Muniain has been on fire since he came into the team and he was magnificent again here.

Copa del Rey QF 2nd Leg

Barcelona (4) 0-1 Malaga (3)
(Agg: 4-4 Barcelona win on away goals)

Disappointing but hey-ho through we go.

--------------------------------------------------------

Malaga 0-2 Barcelona
Muniain, Deulofeu

Another good win - the only thing is Real keep winning. I have to get into the habit of not worrying about the league position - its all about the Champions League after all!

------------------------------------------------------------

Copa del Rey SF 1st Leg

Barcelona 4-0 Valencia
Messi 2, Llorente, Pique

A place in the final should be secured now after this fine performance. Bad news is that Xavi is out for 3 months. Have plenty of cover in the shape of Iniesta, Thiago, Fabregas, Busquets, Mascherano, Song......lol

----------------------------------------------------------

Real Sociedad 2-2 Barcelona
Sanchez, Fabregas

We go 10pts behind Real with this draw. Ronaldinho setup Fabregas for a late leveller but we couldnt ****** the winner.

--------------------------------------------------------

Copa del Rey SF 2nd Leg
Valencia (0) 3-1 Barcelona (4)
Roberto
(Agg: 3-5)

Played a backup side here and gave Schennikov his debut. Atletico Madrid await in the final after they defeated Real.

-----------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
IKER MUNIAIN

images

View attachment 298265

Iker Muniain doesn't look right in a Barca shirt....

If you don't win the Champions League this season with that team, I'm gonna be disappointed...

Back