Klippybo's Annual FM Newcastle Save.....................................

images

Hughie Gallacher - 160 games/133 goals

NOVEMBER

Our charge towards the league title continued this month as we won every game we played. We started to up the goal tally a bit also which was nice but tougher times lie ahead as from memory we havent played Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal or Chelsea yet.

In other news we have been drawn away to Southampton in the FA Cup and there is a consortium apparently wanting to buy the club. Finally Martin O'Neill was sacked as Sunderland manager.

--------------------------------------------------

Newcastle United 2-0 Everton
Sissoko, Fierro

Once again Fierro came off the bench to score in the last minute.

-------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League Group A

Newcastle United 5-0 AZ Alkmaar
Honda, Kauffmann, Campbell, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Fierro

Fierro started here - but still scored in the last minute.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Newcastle United 4-1 Aston Villa
Tiote, Rodrigo, Taylor, Wilshere

We had over 30 shots here and over 20 on target.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Newcastle United 3-0 Stoke City
Rodrigo 2, Sissoko

We got 2 late goals to add a bit of gloss to the scoreline.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

West Bromwich Albion 1-2 Newcastle United
Wilshere, Honda

We went a goal down and they had one disallowed but we fought back in the 2nd half to take the points.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Southampton 0-2 Newcastle United
Rodrigo, Oxlade-Chamberlain

They have got Essien, Tadic and Milner in their side as well as some good players they start out with so to win 2-0 away from home against them with only 10 men is a great result.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Newcastle United 3-1 Anderlecht
Haidara, Fierro, Hughes

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Newcastle United 2-0 Bolton Wanderers
Rodrigo, Sissoko

We left it late to get the goals but we got there in the end.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LINE UPS

OPPRESGKRBCBCBLBCMCMAMRAMLAMCSTSUBS
Eve2-0KrulDebuchyTaylor*PapadopoulosSantonTioteCabayeWilshereOxlade-ChamberlainSissokoRodrigoFierro, Yanga-Mbiwa
AZ5-0KrulAnitaKauffmannYanga-MbiwaHaidaraHondaHughesWalcottOxlade-Chamberlain*FierroCampbellVigurs, Midson, Streete
AstV4-1KrulDebuchyTaylorYanga-MbiwaSantonTioteCabayeBen ArfaWilshere*SissokoRodrigoKauffmann
Stoke3-0KrulDebuchyTaylorYanga-MbiwaSantonTioteCabaye*Ben ArfaWilshereSissokoRodrigo 2Oxlade-Chamberlain
WBA2-1KrulAnitaTaylorYanga-MbiwaHaidaraHondaHughesBen ArfaWilshereSissokoRodrigoVigurs, Congedo
Sou2-0KrulDebuchyTaylorPapadopoulosSantonTioteCabayeBen ArfaWilshereSissokoRodrigoOxlade-Chamberlain, Yanga-Mbiwa, Anita
And3-1KrulAnitaKauffmannYanga-MbiwaHaidaraHondaHughesWalcottOxlade-ChamberlainFierroCampbellVigurs, Streete, Congedo
Bol2-0KrulDebuchyTaylorPapadopoulosSantonTioteHondaBen ArfaWilshereSissokoRodrigoWalcott, Anita, Kauffmann

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
RODRIGO

images

View attachment 323213

--------------------------------------------------
images

DENMARK

Friendly

Wales 2-1 Denmark
Nielsen

My first defeat as the national coach of Denmark. Sniff sniff

images

DECEMBER

Another successful month with plenty of games, plenty of goals and plenty of action!!! We won the Club World Cup comfortably enough and completed our 100% record in the Champions League thanks to us coming out on top of an 8 goal thriller.

A lot of my backup players got a run out this month with young strikers Vigurs and Campbell stealing the show. Theo Walcott also finally found some form.

In other news Sunderland appointed Uwe Rosler as their new manager who left Fulham while Southampton sacked Pochettino. Also regarding my potential takeover - a tycoon is interested and I am in a transfer embargo currently!!!!!

Oh and in the Champions League we will play Paris Saint-Germain.

------------------------------------------------------

Valencia 3-5 Newcastle United
Vigurs 3, Walcott, Fierro

What a game!!!!! We were 2 down after 10min and then performed a miraculous comeback. Vigurs got a hat-trick on his first start for us and Walcott also got his first goal for the club.

------------------------------------------------------------------

FIFA Club World Cup SF

Wydad Casablanca 1-6 Newcastle United
Vigurs 3, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Honda, Yanga-Mbiwa

We were 5up at half-time here. Methinks young Ryan Vigurs is going to be a star! Walcott got 4 assists here.

----------------------------------------------------------------

FIFA Club World Cup Final

Newcastle United 3-0 Santos Laguna
Walcott 2, Arciga (og)

Another trophy is ours. Vigurs had a goal disallowed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Newcastle United 1-0 Liverpool
Tiote

Newcastle United 2-2 Arsenal
Campbell 2

This was a crazy game. We fell behind early on and proceeded to batter them but we just couldnt break them down. Then Wilshere got sent-off and I thought our unbeaten home record was at risk but Campbell came off the bench to equalise only for them to score late on. However Campbell struck again in injury time - he was only on for 20min and got the MoM award!!!!

Newcastle United 2-0 Sunderland
Taylor, Campbell

We werent at our best here but got the derby win anyways. Sunderland are as good as down.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chelsea 3-3 Newcastle United
Taylor, David Luiz (og), Campbell

What a thriller!!!! We fell behind after 1min but levelled before half-time and they had Lichtenstiener sent-off. We went ahead but then Tiote got a red card and we found ourselves 3-2 down but Campbell came off the bench to score a last minute equaliser.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

LINE UPS
Val5-3KrulAnitaKauffmannYanga-MbiwaHaidaraHondaHughesWalcottOxlade-ChamberlainFierroVigurs 3*Congedo, Streete
Wyd6-1KrulAnitaKauffmannYanga-MbiwaHaidaraHondaHughesWalcottOxlade-ChamberlainFierroVigurs 3*Campbell
San3-0KrulAnitaTaylorYanga-MbiwaHaidaraHondaHughesWalcott 2*Oxlade-ChamberlainFierroVigursCampbell, Kauffmann
Liv1-0KrulDebuchyTaylorPapadopoulosSantonTiote*CabayeWalcottWilshereSissokoRodrigoCampbell
Ars2-2KrulDebuchyYanga-MbiwaPapadopoulosSantonTioteCabayeWalcottWilshereSissokoRodrigoCampbell 2*, Oxlade-Chamberlain
Sun2-0KrulDebuchyTaylor*PapadopoulosSantonTioteCabayeBen ArfaOxlade-ChamberlainSissokoRodrigoCampbell, Hughes
Che3-3KrulDebuchyTaylorPapadopoulosSantonTioteCabayeOxlade-ChamberlainWilshereSissokoRodrigoCampbell, Hughes

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ADAM CAMPBELL

images

View attachment 323310

Two proposals for a possible new game:

1 - A Spanish Tercera team if you use my database, Segunda B if not.

2 - An Irish team starting from the First Division (below Premier).

How about a team from Russia or Ukraine like anzhi or metalist both never won the top league in their country and with the league rules it should be made a bit harder

Great to have you back Klippy! And a great story already. You in for a long save or do you plan to get bored of winning anytime soon? :p

Well done. What about a San Marino challenge save, in the Campionato Sammarinese?

why dont you carry on the newcastle save but only buy english players under 18 or 21 and try and win everything with just these english players and if you do that only use players which came through your academy and again try and win everything

Awesome stuff Klippy. Campbell seems to be coming on well as does Fierro, I love Fierro :) done so well for me in 2012 but Ademilson is for sure my young striker this year.

As for a new save as everyone else is suggesting one maybe for you I reckon the San Marino Challenge is right up your street. One club, developing youth. Perfect for you I'd say

Will have a think about the San Marino challenge. Would I have to download a database or will it work if I just load up the Italian league and ensure all San Marino players are loaded up?

Just mulling the options just now.......

Last edited:
Will have a think about the San Marino challenge. Would I have to download a database or will it work if I just load up the Italian league and ensure all San Marino players are loaded up?

Just mulling the options just now.......
Don't think you have to download a database. San Marino play in Serie C1 i think

images

JANUARY

On the whole this was a good month but it had its disappointments as we lost to Man Utd in the league and failed to beat Liverpool in the cup. Otherwise it was all good although Rodrigo had one of his barren spells in front of goal (he did play LW for a while in his defense).

Transfer wise we loaned out Remie Streete to Everton and Bojan Pajac to QPR so they can get more game time. I tried to bring Fraser Forster back to the club but he joined Sunderland instead for £5.5m. In the end I brought in three young regens including a new keeper for £6m.

View attachment 323498View attachment 323500View attachment 323499

Finally the takeover involving the tycoon has collapsed. If it came through I would upload the save for peeps. You never know it may be resurrected.

------------------------------------------------------

FA Cup 3rd Round
Southampton 1-4 Newcastle United
Campbell 2, Sissoko, Taylor

After his supersub exploits I thought I better start Campbell and he repaid my faith in him by notching a double.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Manchester United 3-0 Newcastle United

Thats our lead cut down to 1pt as we just didnt perform here.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-2 Newcastle United
Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cabaye

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Newcastle United 2-0 Norwich City
Sissoko, Oxlade-Chamberlain

---------------------------------------------------------------

Reading 1-2 Newcastle United
Rodrigo, Cabaye (pen)

We are just doing enough to get by at the moment which is worrying.

FA Cup 4th Round
Newcastle United 1-1 Liverpool
Sissoko

We battered them and somehow fell behind in the 2nd half and although we equalised immediately we still should have won.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Newcastle United 3-0 Swansea City
Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sissoko, Taylor

This was a very good performance and we could easily have got double figures.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blackburn Rovers 2-4 Newcastle United
Fierro 2, Papadopoulos, Ben Arfa

A topsy turvy game but we get the win.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LINE UPS

Sou4-1KrulDebuchyTaylorPapadopoulosSantonAnitaHughesOxlade-ChamberlainRodrigoSissokoCampbell 2*Vigurs, Moffatt, Paiva
ManU0-3KrulDebuchyTaylorPapadopoulosSantonWilshereCabayeOxlade-ChamberlainRodrigoSissokoCampbellVigurs, Hughes, Anita
Wol2-0KrulYanga-MbiwaKauffmannPapadopoulosHaidaraWilshereCabaye*Oxlade-ChamberlainRodrigoSissokoVigursMidson, Hughes, Paiva
Nor2-0KrulDebuchyTaylorPapadopoulosSantonHughesCabayeBen ArfaOxlade-ChamberlainSissoko*RodrigoWalcott, Haidara
Read2-1KrulDebuchyTaylorPapadopoulosHaidara*HughesCabayeBen ArfaOxlade-ChamberlainSissokoRodrigoMidson, Anita, Fierro
Liv1-1KrulDebuchyTaylorPapadopoulosHaidaraHughesCabayeBen ArfaOxlade-ChamberlainSissokoRodrigoWalcott, Midson, Anita
Swa3-0KrulDebuchyTaylor*PapadopoulosSantonHughesCabayeBen ArfaOxlade-ChamberlainSissokoRodrigo-
Bla4-2KrulAnitaTaylorPapadopoulos*SantonMoffattSissokoWalcottRodrigoBen ArfaFierro 2*Vigurs

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
YOHAN CABAYE

images

View attachment 323490

View attachment 323491View attachment 323492

images

FEBRUARY

This was a month from ****!!!! We lost three games in a row which seen us get dumped out of the FA Cup and trail to PSG in the Champions League. To make matters worse Cheick Tiote got injured in the African Cup of Nations and will be out for a few months while Rodrigo got injured in the last game and is out for a while also.

MUST IMPROVE!!!!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------

Newcastle United 2-0 Queens Park Rangers
Cabaye (pen), Fierro

Cabaye actually missed a penalty before he tucked one away.

----------------------------------------------------------

Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 Newcastle United

Papadopoulos scored an OG in the 2nd half here to condemn us to defeat.

------------------------------------------------------------

FA Cup 4th Round Replay
Liverpool 3-0 Newcastle United

**** SAKE!!! We started brilliantly and somehow fell behind but once Taylor got sent-off it was all over as we were made to pay for not taking our chances in the first meeting.

----------------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg

Paris Saint-Germain 2-1 Newcastle United
Sissoko

3 defeats in a row!!!!! Thankfully Sissoko got a late goal back as that away goal could be crucial.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Aston Villa 1-3 Newcastle United
Ben Arfa, Rodrigo 2

Back to winning ways but at a price.............. Rodrigo got injured and will be out for nearly 2 months.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

LINE UPS
QPR2-0KrulDebuchyYanga-MbiwaPapadopoulosHaidaraWilshereCabayeWalcottRodrigoBen ArfaFierroKauffmann, Vigurs, Honda
Spurs0-1KrulDebuchyTaylorPapadopoulosSantonWilshereCabayeBen ArfaRodrigoSissokoFierroHonda, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain
Liv0-3KrulDebuchyTaylorPapadopoulosSantonWilshereCabayeBen ArfaOxlade-ChamberlainSissokoRodrigoYanga-Mbiwa, Fierro
PSG1-2KrulDebuchyTaylorPapadopoulosSantonWilshereCabayeBen ArfaOxlade-ChamberlainSissokoRodrigoWalcott, Anita, Fierro
AstV3-1KrulDebuchyYanga-MbiwaPapadopoulosSantonWilshereCabayeBen ArfaOxlade-ChamberlainSissokoRodrigo 2*Walcott, Honda, Hughes

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MATHIEU DEBUCHY

(was the only one who got a rating of at least 7.00 every game)

images

View attachment 323518

images

My apologies peeps but I am calling it a day here. It is just too easy. I was going to carry on to see if the tycoon took over so I could upload the save for people but that didnt happen and I just dont see a long term save in this game.

Another reason is now I find that my "story" is just as important as the game. Bilbao had it in abundance (Aitor I miss you! lol) as did my Castel di Sangro save but winning the CL in 2 years and about a dozen other trophies means that there isnt enough to keep me interested andpossibly even the people who follow this.

Just so peeps think it was due to my first bad month - I played 4 games in March..........
View attachment 323575View attachment 323576View attachment 323577View attachment 323578

I got back on track in the league and progressed in Europe (just).

Once again I apologise. I have thought of a few challenges and will fire some leagues up on my bus journey to work and see what I fancy doing. I need a challenge. Hopefully I will get one up and running tonight and hopefully you will follow that instead.

Fair enough mate, look forward to your next challenge!!

What about taking rangers from third division team to a champions league winning team

What about taking rangers from third division team to a champions league winning team

Being from Aberdeenshire and having had a season ticket at Aberdeen I would rather put my balls in a vice than manage them! lol

Thinking about Queens Park or East Stirling though

Klippy, have you considered taking on San Marino Challenge? I'm just starting my third season, so far so good, i enjoy it a lot. Finances aren't great, but Serie A is a just step away...