Klippybo's final fm12 save - The 2nd miracle of Castel Di Sangro

images

FEBRUARY

First of all I forgot to post all the award winners last month and I cant be arsed looking back to see who won so tough! lol. What I do remember is me not winning manager of the year, Kinho not winning goalie of the year, Sahbani winning the African awards and one of my players taking an award off Cosenza for the first time in 6 or 7 years!

Anywho this was a good month on the pitch with some decent and comfortable victories but off the pitch there is some news as I have already agreed to sell Josip Radosevic to Torino in the summer for approx £15m. Cinelli is ahead of him and young Greco is developing very nicely indeed so I decided to cash in.

I also think that dos Anjos Silva has won the battle against Calderon so the Mexican will more than likely be on his way in the summer too but then dos Anjos Silva will have to battle it out with the returning Kornaukhov!

-------------------------------

Fiorentina 0-2 Castel di Sangro
Sahbani, Calderon

---------------------------------

Castel di Sangro 2-0 Palermo
Sahbani 2

-----------------------------------

Coppa Italia SF 1st Leg
Juventus 0-2 Castel di Sangro
Sahbani (pen), dos Anjos Silva

Decided to go full strength for this cup game and I was proved correct in doing so as we left it late to score the goals! We were assisted by them having 3 players stretchered off!

---------------------------------------

Genoa 0-5 Castel di Sangro
Righini, Sahbani, Castelnuovo 2, Torri

Made 3 subs on 78min (including Castelnuovo) and we scored 3 goals in the time remaining with the other two subs getting assists!

--------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
FC Twente 1-4 Castel di Sangro
dos Anjos Silva, D'Onofrio, Greco, Cinelli

After 7 successive clean sheets we finally concede a goal. I put out the backups and youths in this game and will do the same for the return leg.

-------------------------------------------

Castel di Sangro 4-0 AC Milan
Righini 2, Sahbani, Crisetig

A great win and Sahbani is in great form............. but he got injured after scoring and is out for 5-6 weeks!

--------------------------------------------

Juventus 1-1 Castel di Sangro
dos Anjos Silva

Going into the game without our captain Crisetig, top scorer Sahbani as well as Bertini I was a bit worried so in the end I am content with one point - I think! Torri got injured and is out for a couple of months.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MAHMOUD SAHBANI

View attachment 278642
View attachment 278650

images

MARCH

Still unbeaten!!!! We did well this month and got some great wins. With Torri out I decided to give young Alessi a run in the team and he has done well!!!! dos Anjos Silva has also starred this month.

The youth intake was not bad with one player apparently being one of the best of his generation but his PA was only 3 stars - he is a centre half or left back but doesnt look anything special - but I said that about Righini!!!! Speaking of whom - he came to me complaining again but I am not letting him go anywhere!!!

Finally my feeder side Portosummaga have reached the Coppa Italia final and therefor will be in the Europa League next season!!!!!!

------------------------------

Castel di Sangro 3-1 Atalanta
Cosenza, Karadzole, Murphy

---------------------------------

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg

Castel di Sangro (4) 3-0 FC Twente (1)
Calderon 2, Greco
(Agg: 7-1)

Calderon has scored 9 times in this years comp and is the top scorer.

----------------------------------------

Empoli 1-4 Castel di Sangro
dos Anjos Silva, Murphy, Cosenza, D'Onofrio

My old South Korean player (although he never played) Nam Seung-Hwan scored for them - looks decent enough too! lol

Castel di Sangro 4-0 Cesena
dos Anjos Silva 3, Castelnuovo

dos Anjos Silva scored after 21sec - a new club record.

Coppa Italia SF 2nd Leg

Castel di Sangro (2) 5-1 Juventus (0)
Murphy, Alessi 3(1pen), Righini

Centre half Alessi grabs a hat-trick!!!!!! Jeezo

-----------------------------------------------

Castel di Sangro 3-0 Bologna
dos Anjos Silva 3

Hat-tricks galore as dos Anjos Silva gets his 2nd in as many games.

----------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League QF 1st Leg

Marseille 0-3 Castel di Sangro
dos Anjos Silva, Acosta (og), Righini

Got the luck of the draw - especially when they cant play their best player, Kornaukhov, because he is on loan from me!

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
BRANDON DOS ANJOS SILVA

View attachment 278671

View attachment 278672

---------------------------------------------
images

ITALY

Friendly

Italy 2-1 Denmark
D'Onofrio 2

Gave my 17 y/o centre half Alessi his first cap as we came from behind to win. Denmark's scorer was my former player Ronnow and they also fielded other ex CDS players in Peter Jensen, Bertelesen, Ibsen and out on loan Christensen!

Just noticed - I like my exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

images

APRIL

Champions!!!!!! After a disgraceful result against Portosummaga we dusted ourselves off and ended up securing the title and making our way through to the Champions League final again!

Check out the league table btw - another biggie is about to go methinks!

----------------------------------

Portosummaga 1-1 Castel di Sangro
Righini

This result is a tad embarrassing! If we won we would have wrapped up the title...........

---------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League QF 2nd Leg
Castel di Sangro (3) 1-1 Marseille (0)
Falchini
(Agg: 4-1)

Two games in a row without victory!!!!!! Blooming eck! Gave my youth player that came in the latest intake his debut, Giancarlo Mainella, and he did ok.

-----------------------------------------

Castel di Sangro 6-0 Vicenza
Sahbani 2, Crisetig, Righini, Murphy, Cosenza

We wrap up the title in fine style, banging in 6 goals in the process!

Bari 2-3 Castel di Sangro
Castelnuovo, D'Onofrio, Panagiotidis

With the title won the backups and youths get their chance.

Castel di Sangro 3-1 Sampdoria
Calderon 2, Castelnuovo

UEFA Champions League SF 1st Leg
Torino 0-1 Castel di Sangro
Sahbani

Torino knocked out Sunderland and Real Madrid to get this far but we just edged them out here.

-----------------------------------------------

Inter Milan 0-1 Castel di Sangro
D'Onofrio

Noticed right before the game Inter's position - Serie B bound they be (probably) and I was tempted to play my strongest team to make sure they didnt have a chance of escape but the backups did enough. Parma are already doomed - some big teams down there!

-------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League SF 2nd Leg

Castel di Sangro (1) 4-3 Torino (0)
Crisetig, Bursuc (pen), D'Onofrio, Murphy
(Agg: 5-4)

Was without a few players so Mainella started again. Arsenal await in the final.

-------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
GAETANO D'ONOFRIO

View attachment 278674

View attachment 278675

Smashing it up! Ninety seventh exclamation mark on this page and counting! Now ninety eight lol.

images

MAY - END OF SEASON

An exciting end to the season was had and we achieved the unbeaten season! We saw out the league campaign with little to worry about unlike the Coppa Italia final where Portosummaga gave us a big scare. In the Champions League final we won it in a thriller by the odd goal in 5.

The board have decided to extend our stadium again - the new capacity will be about 47,000 I think - remember the population of Castel di Sangro is under 10,000!!!

-------------------------------------

Castel di Sangro 3-2 Torino
Cinelli (pen), dos Anjos Silva 2

We scored 2 own goals in this game - 15y/o debutant Rasic and Mainella.

------------------------------------------

Coppa Italia Final
Portosummaga 1-5 Castel di Sangro (AET)
Sahbani, Salamon (og), Murphy, Cinelli, Righini

Almost a huge upset here against my feeder side and Paolo Di Canio's boys - we levelled in normal time with 5min left and then had Torri sent-off on his return to the team 6min into stoppage time. I went 3 at the back, dropped back the two cm's and we scored 4!

Udinese 0-0 Castel di Sangro

Castel di Sangro 2-0 Cagliari
Calderon, Alessi

A quiet end to the season as we remain unbeaten (114 in the league I think). Avoid defeat against Arsenal and we have gone the whole season unbeaten!

UEFA Champions League Final

Castel di Sangro 3-2 Arsenal
Sahbani, Cosenza, Bursuc (pen)

What a final! Arsenal have a great starting eleven and in my eyes the best striker in the game in Bulgarian forward Borislavov but we overcame them in a thriller.

Sahbani put us ahead within a minute and then Borislavov got stretchered off and we made it 2-0 on the half hour mark. Saido Berahino pulled one back and I thought we sealed it with Bursuc's late penalty but Arsenal scored immediately after through Christian Eriksen however we held on. In the end we created 8 clear cut chance so we deserved the win in my eyes - UNBEATEN SEASON!!!!!

PLAYER OF THE SEASON
DAMIANO RIGHINI

View attachment 278683
just edges out Torri

SQUAD
View attachment 278684

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 278682
cheerio Inter!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY LEAGUE SCORERS

23(1pen) Sahbani, 14 dos Anjos Silva, 11 Righini, 10 Murphy, 9 Torri, 8 Castelnuovo, 7(3pens) Bursuc, 7 Cosenza, 5 Crisetig, 5 D'Onofrio, 4 Calderon, 2(2pens) Cinelli, 2 Karadzole, 2 Lotfi, 1 Alessi, 1 Bertini, 1 Panagiotidis, 6 Own Goals

SUMMARY
Cant complain about an unbeaten season although perversely there will be a few changes for next season methinks. Feeder club wise all four finished in mid table but obviously Portosummaga will be in Europe next year.

NOW FOR A LATE NIGHT WORLD CUP....................

images

ITALY

Friendlies and World Cup Squad

Italy 3-3 Morocco
Righini, Cosenza, Pirini

We were 2 up and cruising in the 1st half but Alessi got sent-off with 10min left and we suddenly conceded twice and then was losing 3-2 but Pirini levelled in stoppage time on his debut for Italy.

-----------------------------------------

Italy 2-0 Colombia
D'Onofrio, Pirini

D'Onofrio missed a penalty in the 1st half but made amends in the 2nd with a goal and an assist. 2 in 2 for Pirini - both as substitute.

Iran 0-4 Italy
Cinelli, Cosenza, Righini, Dragoni

A nice and easy final friendly fixture. It was 0-0 at half-time but we found our scoring touch in the 2nd half. Dragoni was immense on the left wing - 3 assists and 1 goal.

SQUAD

Goalkeepers
NAMECLUBCAPSGLS
GabrielSunderland10
Nicola LealiInter Milan10
Emiliano VivianoFC Porto990

Defenders
Sandro AlessiCastel di Sangro40
Silvio BertiniCastel di Sangro522
Alessandro CrescenziMalaga40
Simone PericoUdinese191
Luis RizzoNottingham Forest20
Davide SantonNewcastle United1220
Christian TorriCastel di Sangro342

Midfielders
Roberto CastelnuovoCastel di Sangro235
Luca Fabrizio CinelliCastel di Sangro313
Pasquale CosenzaCastel di Sangro4716
Lorenzo CrisetigCastel di Sangro675
Gaetano D'OnofrioCastel di Sangro197
Ruben GrecoCastel di Sangro80
Rocco PiriniLecce32
Andrea PoliValencia756
RafinhaFiorentina30
Marco VerrattiParis St.Germain9826

Forwards
Aldo DragoniCastel di Sangro41
NoelWolverhampton Wanderers51
Damiano RighiniCastel di Sangro3626

I gather by now you know who is a regen and who isnt - some surprising clubs are providing my players you will agree - Dragoni has been on loan to Portosummaga the last few years.

Notably missing out were Guglielmotti, Leo Bonatini, El Shaarawy, Bertolacci, Sirigu and a few regens that you wouldnt know about.

images

FIFA World Cup Group G

Cameroon 0-3 Italy
Verratti, D'Onofrio, Righini

Line Up: Viviano, Santon (Crescenzi), Perico (Alessi), Torri, Bertini, Cinelli, Crisetig (Poli), Cosenza, Verratti, D'Onofrio*, Righini

A nice way to kick-off our campaign - we could and maybe should have scored more goals. This was Viviano's 100th cap.

Saudi Arabia
0-1 Greece

------------------------------------

Italy 5-0 Saudi Arabia
Righini, Cosenza, D'Onofrio 2, Perico

Line Up
: Viviano, Santon, Perico, Torri, Bertini, Cinelli, Crisetig (Greco), Cosenza (Castelnuovo), Verratti, D'Onofrio*, Righini (Dragoni)

Another easy win in what was Verratti's 100th cap. D'Onofrio was man of the match again - this time 2 goals and 2 assists. We didnt get a player booked either which was a boost.

Greece 1-2 Cameroon

Italy 0-1 Greece

Line Up: Viviano, Santon, Perico, Torri, Bertini, Cinelli, Crisetig (Poli), Cosenza (Castelnuovo), Verratti, D'Onofrio, Righini (Noel)

Shocking!!!!!! Cant believe we lost this as we dominated throughout - we still top the group but I expect better than this!!!!

Cameroon 3-0 Saudi Arabia

View attachment 278685

images

FIFA WORLD CUP 2ND ROUND

Italy 2-1 Mexico
Guzman (og), Rafinha
AET

Line Up: Viviano, Santon, Perico, Torri, Bertini, Cinelli, Crisetig, Cosenza, Verratti (Rafinha), D'Onofrio (Dragoni), Righini (Noel)

How this went to extra-time is beyond me! We battered them throughout and D'Onofrio missed a first half penalty but I thought we won it when we scored on 76min but we conceded with 5min to go. Rafinha struck late on in extra time to send us through.

Argentina 1-2 Slovakia
South Africa 0-2 Germany
Spain 2-0 Japan
Romania 0-1 Colombia
England 5-0 South Korea
Brazil 1-2 Ivory Coast
France 3-0 Cameroon

Some shocks happened here with the two South American giants getting knocked out! Still some big teams left though.

Last edited:
Will resume in the morning - shattered and got CDS pre-season stuff to do also

images

FIFA WORLD CUP QUARTER FINAL

Ivory Coast 1-2 Italy
Cosenza, Dragoni
AET

Line Up: Viviano, Santon, Perico, Torri (Alessi), Bertini*, Cinelli, Crisetig (Greco), Cosenza, Verratti, D'Onofrio, Righini (Dragoni)

Just scraped through here - they took the lead through a penalty on 22min but Cosenza levelled on the half hour mark. So it stayed to get extra time except we went down to 10 men when Perico went off injured and I had already made 3 subs. We took the lead in the 2nd period of ET and Cosenza had one disallowed. Ivory Coast did have a man sent-off very late on also.

Slovakia 1-0 Colombia
Germany 0-2 Spain
England 1-0 France

images

FIFA WORLD CUP SEMI FINALS

Slovakia
1-3 Italy
Cinelli, Cosenza 2

Line Up:
Viviano, Santon, Alessi, Torri, Bertini (Crescenzi), Cinelli, Crisetig, Cosenza*, Verratti (Pirini), D'Onofrio, Righini (Dragoni)

DOH!!!! I have been wondering for a while why my Italy side keep struggling through all my games and I realised I hadnt changed my philosophy or anything like that!!!! Anyway I keep getting the luck of the draw although Slovakia have some decent players including former CDS ones like Kovalik, Chmura and Stranianek. We took the lead but they levelled before half-time and in the 2nd half Pasquale put them to the sword with 2 goals.

Spain 0-0 England (P)

images

FIFA WORLD CUP 3rd PLACE PLAY-OFF
Spain 1-0 Slovakia

FIFA WORLD CUP FINAL
Italy 2-1 England
Righini 2

Line Up: Viviano, Santon, Alessi, Torri, Bertini, Cinelli (Poli), Greco, Cosenza (Castelnuovo), Verratti, D'Onofrio, Righini* (Dragoni)

England: Smithies, Abbott, Ademola, Foster (Caulker), Robinson, Murphy, Shelvey, Wilshere (Knight), Sterling, Berahino, Welbeck (Redmond)

GET IN!!!! 11 of my CDS players were in the final (including Murphy) and it was my Italians who came out on top. England took the lead on 27min through Berahino but Damiano Righini scored twice before half-time and that was enough for victory!

Immediatley after the tournament the following international jobs became available - Austria, Belgium, England, France, Romania, Slovakia, Ghana, Mali, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico and Uruguay - think I will stay put though.

Best Player -
Mario Gotze (Germany)
Golden Boot - Brandon dos Anjos Silva (France)
Best Young Player - Gaetano D'Onofrio (Italy)

Best Goalkeeper - Hugo Lloris (France)

DREAM TEAM
Lloris (France)
Santon (Italy)
Regueiro (Spain)
Barns-Graham (England)
Bertini (Italy)
Wilshere (England)
Kroos (Germany)
Gotze (Germany)
D'Onofrio (Italy)
dos Anjos Silva (France)
Righini (Italy)

Cosenza, Murphy and Cinelli were named on the bench.

images

Hello peeps - I am thinking of doing another challenge in the last few weeks of fm12 as I am on holiday for a week and cant really see me doing another 10-15 seasons with Castel di Sangro (finding it far too easy). Would anyone be interested in it? If you are leave a PM or a comment on who to be etc - wont do a San Marino story and will save the Pentagon Challenge for FM13.