Klippybo's final fm12 save - The 2nd miracle of Castel Di Sangro

images

my chairman in his playing days - Christian Gartzei

MARCH

Another excellent month as we continue to bang in the goals. Sahbani has been brilliant as in the games he doesnt score he gets an assist. In the Champions League we have drawn against Chelsea so that could be interesting.

In our youth intake I signed up 3 players but no stand outs - a player from the Central African Republic is my best one!

-------------------------------------

Parma 0-3 Castel di Sangro
Daniel (og), van der Post, Murphy

Previously highlighted player (many moons ago) Daddy Daniel scored an og to set us on our way.

---------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
Castel di Sangro (0) 4-1 Dinamo Moscow (0)
Ongenda, Sahbani 2, Radosevic
(Agg: 4-1)

Played a backup side with Sahbani playing on the LW for the first time. Ongenda adds another to his tally in the competition - Bayern Munich's Edin Dzeko has the record at 13 while Hervin is on 11 I think.

-------------------------------------------

Castel di Sangro 4-0 Inter Milan
Sahbani 2, van der Post, Cosenza

I do like playing Inter Milan OOOOOOSSSSSSHHHHHH!!!! lol

----------------------------------------------

Juventus 2-3 Castel di Sangro
Bursuc (pen), Murphy, Righini

Juve pegged us back twice but we had enough in us to come out as victors.

---------------------------------------------

Coppa Italia SF 2nd Leg

Castel di Sangro (3) 6-1 Napoli (0)
Ongenda 2, dos Anjos Silva 2, D'Onofrio 2
(Agg: 9-1)

A very easy win from our backups - dos Anjos Silva got sent-off too.

-------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PAUL VAN DER POST

View attachment 278122

View attachment 278123

--------------------------------------------------
images

ITALY

World Cup Quals Group 2

Finland 0-2 Italy
Torri, Cosenza

images

APRIL

We wrap up the title with the thrashing of Palermo but in Europe we are doing things the hard way. We are going to have to perform really well to make another final. Off the pitch I dumped Lokomotiv Sofia and Elfsborg as feeder sides and gained Burnley - who are safely in the Premiership.

---------------------------------

Castel di Sangro 3-0 Reggina
Sahbani, Righini, Cosenza

van der Post got sent-off but that didnt bother us.

-------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League QF 1st Leg
Chelsea 2-1 Castel di Sangro
Sahbani

Our first defeat of the season!!!!!!!!!!!! Barstewards - got the away goal though. They scored a last minute winner.

-----------------------------------------

Cagliari 1-2 Castel di Sangro
Misuraca (og), Ongenda

-----------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League QF 2nd Leg

Castel di Sangro (1) 1-0 Chelsea (2)
Righini
(Agg: 2-2 Castel di Sangro won on away goals)

We deserved this and even had a late goal chalked off. Righini struck early on in the 2nd half to send us through.

Castel di Sangro 6-0 Palermo
Cinelli, Righini, Sahbani 2, Murphy, Castelnuovo

We wrap up the league title with a convincing victory and we get a 6 goal haul! YAY!!!

--------------------------------------------

Sampdoria 1-2 Castel di Sangro
Cinelli (pen), Sahbani

Resting players in the league games now so the results and performances may be a bit patchy

Castel di Sangro 3-1 Udinese
D'Onofrio, Castelnuovo 2

UEFA Champions League SF 1st Leg

Castel di Sangro 4-4 Arsenal
Cosenza, Ongenda 2, Murphy

A last minute Torri own goal denied us the victory in this thriller of a game. Is our Champions League run over??? Ongenda has now scored 13 in the competition this year - 1 more for the record.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DAMIANO RIGHINI

View attachment 278181

View attachment 278182

Cherubin sure wants a statue of himself in Castel di Sangro. Past season he scored own goals in both games, this he gets himself sent off.

Good luck in England

images

MAY - END OF SEASON

A great end to the season!!!! My backups and youths preserved our unbeaten run in Serie A (now 76 games) to see out the season while the big boys did what was required in the cup competitions. Easy peasy!!!!!

------------------------------------

Portosummaga 1-4 Castel di Sangro
Cinelli (pen), Castelnuovo, Greco, Kabasele

Portosummaga's backups are better than last year but still no match for mine - hopefully they will avoid relegation.

----------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League SF 2nd Leg
Arsenal (4) 1-3 Castel di Sangro (4)
Torri 2, Ongenda
(Agg: 5-7)

GET IN!!!! This time Torri scored a last minute goal for us to send us through and Ongenda even had time to add one after that to break the scoring record for most goals in a season in this competition.

Cesena 0-1 Castel di Sangro
D'Onofrio

Castel di Sangro 2-2 AC Milan
dos Anjos Silva, D'Onofrio

Munteanu netted a penalty for them but we remain unbeaten thats the main thing with us equalising in the 93rd minute.

-----------------------------------------------

Torino 3-3 Castel di Sangro
Kabasele, dos Anjos Silva, Christiansen

And this time our unbeaten record is preserved with an 88th minute goal from Danish wonderkid Christiansen!

Coppa Italia Final

Castel di Sangro 5-0 Cremonese
Bursuc, Cosenza 3, Sahbani

A mid table Serie B side were never going to be a match for us - especially when they had a man sent-off!

UEFA Champions League Final

Castel di Sangro 2-1 Manchester United
Bursuc, Ademola (og)

A hat-trick of Champions League wins now!! We fell behind in the 4th minute but equalised when ex United player Murphy set up Bursuc on the hour mark. It was an even contest but we got the big slice of luck that was required with 2min left!

------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE SEASON
PASQUALE COSENZA
View attachment 278226

SQUAD
View attachment 278227

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 278228
BYE BYE ROMA AND NAPOLI!!!!!!!!

MY LEAGUE SCORERS
17 Righini, 11 dos Anjos Silva, 11 Murphy, 10 Sahbani, 9 Cosenza, 8 D'Onofrio, 8 Torri, 7 van der Post, 6(2pens) Bursuc, 6 Castelnuovo, 4 Ongenda, 3(2pens) Cinelli, 2 Kabasele, 1 Bertini, 1 Christiansen, 1 Crisetig, 1 Greco, 1 Radosevic, 1 Silva, 5 Own Goals

SUMMARY
**** that defeat to Chelsea!!!! Otherwise we would have been unbeaten all season. We are getting ever closer to winning every game in the league season also. I was disappointed with the sudden drop in goals scored in the league but thats me being picky. Evian, Portosummaga, Tenerife and Burnley all survived relegation so its good news on the feeder club front too!

images

ITALY

World Cup Quals Group 2

Republic of Ireland 0-0 Italy

Friendly

Ukraine 1-4 Italy
Righini, Stepanenko (og), Guglielmotti, Cinelli

images

PRE SEASON

AIMS

Win every league game or have an unbeaten season

PLAYERS IN
Didnt spend too much with arguably my best signing arriving on a free transfer - much like Silva from last season! I did bring in 21 players though!!!!!!

View attachment 278237
PRUDENCIO
From Real Madrid for £15m

Had an eye on him for a while and thought I would snap him up before he seriously develops. Will spend a good while with Tenerife.

View attachment 278238
MOHAMED LOTFI
From Everton on a free transfer

Half Egyptian and half English this player looks immense and its just a pity he is 27! lol

View attachment 278239
LANDER PEETERS
From Standard Liege for £2.5m

My new backup keeper - this guy looks as though he will turn out good but nowhere near Kinho's level.

View attachment 278240
SANDRO ALESSI
From Juventus for £2.2m

This 16y/o centre half looks to be a great prospect for the future - will try and give him plenty of game time.

Here are the rest - Cameron Smith was signed on a free to be sold for a quick profit but the rest are all fantastic prospects!!!!!!!!
View attachment 278241View attachment 278242View attachment 278247View attachment 278248View attachment 278249View attachment 278250View attachment 278251View attachment 278252View attachment 278253View attachment 278254View attachment 278255View attachment 278256View attachment 278257View attachment 278243View attachment 278244View attachment 278245View attachment 278246

TOTAL SPENT: £38.5m

PLAYERS OUT
It may be unexpected but we sold a **** of a lot of players and could have sold more as I rejected a £45m bid for Silva, £35m for Calderon and £25m for Buelens but these are the top 10!
NAME
TO
FEE
PROFIT
Hervin Ongenda
Liverpool
£32.5m
+£20.5m
Peter Jensen
Fulham
£11.75m
+£10m
Bigger Kabasele
Fiorentina
£10.75m
+£5.25m
Paul van der Post
Fulham
£10.25m
+£2.75m
Victor Ochoa
Real Madrid
£10m
+£8m
Antonio Miguel
Empoli
£7.25m
+£7.25m
Jiri Kopecky
Real Zaragoza
£6.25m
+£6.25m
Abdallah Yaisien
Palermo
£5.5m
+£5.5m
Milan Baumer
Nurnberg
£4.8m
+£4.8m
Pedro Manquillo
Udinese
£3.2m
+£3.2m

Also leaving permanently was van Oeveren, Lord, Mancuso, Rodrigo, Rapino, Nyagolov, Forino, Bozhikov, Ferri amd Ruggeri.

Out on loan went Kornaukhov to Marseille for £4.9m plus the usuals to the feeder sides
Burnley - Smith, Cassiano, Chmura, Tafaj, Angelov, Linhart
Evian - Guyot, Rosenmeier, Fomin, Manga, Lykke, Ah Fock
Portosummaga - Dragoni, Marchi, Tunheim, Lupi, Montenegro, Cano, Rossettini
Tenerife - Guso, Fontana, Prudencio

TOTAL INCOME: £114m

SUMMARY

Lotfi will be my new centre half with Peeters my backup keeper. Calderon replaces Ongenda with dos Anjos Silva now in the last chance saloon with Kornaukhov and Dragoni right behind him! Decided to sell the highly paid backup players like Kabasele and I was sad to see Kopecky go. Its all about youth development this year as I feel I was taking my eye off the ball on that front a little.

AND ANOTHER THING............
My stadium got extended again, this time by 7,000 odd, so the new capacity will be around 40,000 - considering the towns population is less than 10,000 that is quite something!!!

Last edited:
What for potential do most of the players you sign have? Surely they all can't be quality or above. I usually just sign 3.5 stars or higher but idk what I should go for.

Nice, you got Burnley as a feeder club! The club who I support :) It there any chance you could screenshot Burnley team? :)

Keep it up, buddy!

What for potential do most of the players you sign have? Surely they all can't be quality or above. I usually just sign 3.5 stars or higher but idk what I should go for.

Depends on the age of the player really. Usually 2 stars is the lowest however it also depends on their individual attributes - I sign a few so at the very least I will be making a profit.

I have started reading the Castel Di Sangro story that you based thi save on.... it's a bit mental what was going on!!

Things look much better this season. Those regens are insane especially the seventeen year olds.

images

SPECIAL POST

While I dont have all the details like I did in my Bilbao save (where I wrote almost everything down) I thought I would still do a special post to celebrate my 10 years in charge of Castel di Sangro...........

HONOURS WON
Serie A - 6 times
Serie B - once
Serie C/1 - once
Serie C/2 - once
Coppa Italia - 6 times
Italian Super Cup - 6 times
Serie C Cup - once
Serie C/1 Super Cup - once
UEFA Champions League - 3 times
UEFA Europa League - once
UEFA European Super Cup - 3 times
FIFA Club World Cup - 2 times

FIFA World Cup - once (with Belgium)
UEFA European Championships - once (with Russia)
FIFA Confederations Cup - once (with Belgium)

TOTAL TROPHIES WON - 35

MY BEST ELEVEN
(not going by the games overall best 11)

GK - Kinho
DR - Alen Karadzole
DL - Silvio Bertini
DC - Christian Torri
DC - Bigger Kabasele
CM - Lorenzo Crisetig
CM - Josip Radosevic
AMR - Pasquale Cosenza
AML - Jiri Kopecky
AMC - Roman Bursuc
ST - Hervin Ongenda

PERSONAL STATS AND BIOGRAPHY ETC
View attachment 278300View attachment 278296View attachment 278299View attachment 278298

I have started reading the Castel Di Sangro story that you based thi save on.... it's a bit mental what was going on!!

Great stuff - going into the story I thought if I could get one person to read the book cos of this then it will be worthwhile - the first 50 or so pages is a bit slow but after that it is great!

I have a question, how do you get your history summary to show up on the right side of your manager profile?

Great stuff - going into the story I thought if I could get one person to read the book cos of this then it will be worthwhile - the first 50 or so pages is a bit slow but after that it is great!

It's an unbelievable story, it's like something out of fm.

images

AUGUST AND SEPTEMBER

Played two months while at work so this is a double post - and what a start to the season we have had!!!!! Although Cosenza has been absent through injury Castelnuovo has been immense and so has Sahbani, Bursuc and Righini.

In addition to the great performances we also won two trophies - mustnt grumble!!!!

------------------------------------

Italian Super Cup
Castel di Sangro 6-2 Cremonese
Righini 3, dos Anjos Silva, Castelnuovo, Torri

They surprisingly equalised twice but we still slaughtered them.

UEFA European Super Cup Final
Castel di Sangro 3-1 Real Madrid
Murphy, Bursuc, Sahbani

Another trophy is collected and it was easier than I expected.

Castel di Sangro 3-0 Parma
Sahbani, Castelnuovo, Mirante (og)

------------------------------------------------

Lecce 0-6 Castel di Sangro
Murphy, Bursuc 2(1pen), Torri, Sahbani, dos Anjos Silva

A fantastic result - are we going to have a season like we did 2 seasons back?

UEFA Champions League Group E
Castel di Sangro 2-0 Partizan Belgrade
Calderon, Bisio

Castel di Sangro 2-1 Fiorentina
Righini, Sahbani

This was a lot more comfortable than the scoreline suggests - we had one disallowed and they scored in stoppage time.

Palermo 0-4 Castel di Sangro
Murphy, Sahbani (pen), Castelnuovo, Righini

Another easy victory - really impressed with how the team is playing.

-----------------------------------------------------

Castel di Sangro 4-0 Genoa
Sahbani 4

Super Sahbani - this was what was lacking from our league campaign last year - one man shows!!!!

UEFA Champions League Group E

Schalke 0-3 Castel di Sangro
Murphy, Sahbani, Bursuc

Had one disallowed and missed a penalty. Took over 30 shots and had 9 clear cut chances!

---------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH(S)
DAMIANO RIGHINI
View attachment 278311

View attachment 278312

images

ITALY

Friendly

Italy 2-1 Uruguay
Crisetig, Castelnuovo

FIFA World Cup Quals Group 2

Italy 5-2 FYR Macedonia
D'Onofrio, Castelnuovo 2, Righini 2

Macedonia took the lead twice which worried me but we came through in the end.

Italy 3-1 Azerbaijan
Righini 2, Castelnuovo