Knap FM16.3 ASYMMETRIC RAMBLE ON

• Thread starter Deleted member 91052
  • Start date
  • Replies 91
  • Views 55K
1st season with 1st transfer windowed disabled. Had a injury crisis losing a few of the key players.

Kane hardly missed a game, and I bought a few recommended youngsters in 2nd window so at least they had a run out.

The top tactic is the 125pts Asymmetric but all the tactics are tested using the standard OIs.

All played with Spurs and all club games are played. I only use Instant Result for some of the testing.

This tactic seems pretty great BUT i'm getting loads of yellow/red cards with it... it is just me?

Hard tackling improves results - yellows are not really an issue and the team often plays better with 10, just take AMC off.

The 4-2-3-1 version of the tactic doesn't use Retain Possession & Pass Into Space whereas the asymmetric version does. Is this intentional? The results being only a small difference of 6pts in testing, do you think the asymmetric version is the superior tactic?

I had to take those 2 instructions off to improve the results. What it does is to increase passing range which I find helps when pushing wingers further forward.

The Asymmetric has the advantage of a DM but perhaps more awkward for squad building, however not a problem with either Spurs or Ebbsfleet.

Apart from those 2 TIs, all the tactics are set up the same so any better test results are either due to formation or just testing variables.

Knap, Great tactic!

Top of our test results. Check out our thread!

I wondering if there is a way to keep the good results but lower down the amount of fouls and yellow/red cards.

Keep the hard work, you have been producing great tactics so far, IMO.

Thanks for that, and I know you put a lot into your testing.

I ran the tactic without hard tacking but there are more points to be had with it on. With the top Ramble on tactic this is the only PI for almost all players, so I could tweak but doubt I could improve on 125 pts on Wills League.