I'm Bayern and won 7 match of 8 , Schalke draw 0:0 , this tactic is awesome ;] I scored 3-4 goals every match and conceded only 2 goals in 8 match !

Awesome result!

Keep em coming as you got further into the season.

Hopefully it'll be consistent. :\

Koflok,

Thanks for the tactic; I have been a big user of your work the past couple years. I have just completed a half season with your new 2013 tactic, which I implemented from the first day of the season:

View attachment 281604View attachment 281605

The results have been mixed. I currently sit 8th, and barely score more goals than I give up. I have found the scoring to be really inconsistent. I've used Chelsea, as their squad naturally lends to this tactic, especially up front. I've used Daniele De Rossi as the BWM, and Ramires as the DLP. I've found the midfielders average below a 7.0 rating, no matter who is sitting there.

These results match what I've found across multiple first seasons I've attempted since the beta was released. In every instance (using a variety of tactics), the team starts very well and then slowly goes down the drain. If you're looking for any other test information, let me know.

Jimmy - I honestly don't think it's the tactics' fault. In my opinion, the ME is so flawed that the game isn't really playable at the moment. I was hoping Koflok's tactic would be able to supersede the randomness, quirks, and bugs, but it doesn't look like it. I have now played through to January or June 2013 a half dozen times with different teams and tactics, and all ended in failure.

Thanks for the extended review. Considering you're playing Chelsea, that's a pretty bad position you're at.
If it's in real life you would be sack by Abra already lol :D

The two MCs are there just to keep everything ticks. No flashy things. Just some assists and once in a while they will pop up to the box late and finish a play. But yeah 7.0 rating is pretty normal.

Other than the consistency which is ME issue. How did the team perform in overall?
Did you create enough chances in scoring? Or just not good finishing?
Also the goals conceded, where did they come from the most? Crossings? Long shots? Through balls to the middle?

Cheers

Koflok - The midfield seemed to hold up, and they didn't appear to be bullied or anything. The passes often failed to connect, and the striker (either Torres, Jovetic, or Sturridge) were rarely put through on goal with a killer pass like they would with your FM2012 tactic. As for the randomness, I completely agree. I thought the number of chances would make the ME less of an issue, but I didn't seem to get a lot of clear chances.

Oh. well that's weird. With Hazard Oscar Mata behind the strikers I would expect them to create a lot of chances.
Make sure they are put in as an inverted wingers. It gives them the ability to give a good through ball, which Ben Arfa does to my Cisse.

Also, you may want to try playing with the tempo and width and see if it helps. If they seem to just pass around it mindlessly, quicker tempo or they rush things then slow down the tempo. And just play around with the width, like making it wider and see if it gives more space for the players to run into.

Last edited:
well, was just a few games, but with the d line at middle, and width at some point slight less than medium, and no opp instructions the opponents kick at my goal much less...

attack still works fine

Posters below you just gave you the instruction to print screen. I usually press print screen and paste them to paint.

Would be great if you can post it here. WOuld be a major help.

Thanks!

Looking good so far Kof, 3-1 win over Huddersfield in the 3rd round of the cup, 3-1 win over West Ham away in the league and then beat Chelsea 4-2 at home :)

Well the tactic definately provides goals galore lol

View attachment 281570View attachment 281572

Cheers.

Good if it's working well for ya. The match you uploaded was a bit too close.

You did really well though, creating 6 CCCs which is a lot in this ME. :D

Keep em coming. :)

Last edited:
I'm not sure that goalkeeper distribution setting has been fixed...I've tried a few of my own tactics with that set and the keeper still boots the ball up field. I'm not going to bang on about the ME or anything but seeing it play it's sometimes hard to watch. I've tried a few tactics now that start successful and then after a loss it starts a chain reaction of further losses, too crazy levels.

For example no matter how well you motivate your players or give them a kick up the backside when required it makes little to no difference.

Good Luck Koflok, I hope you crack it and apologies if I went off topic.

Yeah I'm no good at motivating my players. I always be aggressive at them when things are not going as I want. It shows that they are 'fired up' but I don't really see much impact on the field.

One thing I really need to improve upon is how to motivate my player when they're already leading by big margin. I rarely see a 3-0 at half time ended with 4/5-0. Instead they just play boringly with less highlight in the second half.

Just wanted to say thanks for making this tactic again. Currently using it with my Tolima side (Colombian first division) and while the results haven't been great, that is mostly down to an injury crisis in midfield and worse in goal (had to play an U18 who had 1 silver star :'()

However, now I have my goalie back and my team is nearly perfect with the tactic, I'll be able to have a better look. I'll keep you updated as much as I can.

Edit: one thing though, I am conceding a lot of goal through opponents running down the wing and crossing to the far post. Some of that may be down to my ****-poor wing backs (have a 36 year old and due to injury a 39 year old :O), but what changes would you advise?

Obviously buy better wingbacks. They wingbacks are required to go up and down the field, requiring lots of speed and work rate - something which your 35+ something players are not capable of.

For now, just put your fullbacks as more defensive so they don't go forward that often. Because it seems like you're conceeding because of fast counters from the wings.

Ok finally done replying to all.

Will be going now. Back later tonight.

Feel free to post any results and suggestions here.

Cheers.

Obviously buy better wingbacks. They wingbacks are required to go up and down the field, requiring lots of speed and work rate - something which your 35+ something players are not capable of.

For now, just put your fullbacks as more defensive so they don't go forward that often. Because it seems like you're conceeding because of fast counters from the wings.

Was planning to do so ASAP but with all of the problems I had at the start of the season I ended up not getting a new right back (my left back should be fit in a few days)

Cheers for the advice :)

Was planning to do so ASAP but with all of the problems I had at the start of the season I ended up not getting a new right back (my left back should be fit in a few days)

Cheers for the advice :)

No worries.

Let me know how it goes. Hopefully it's less prone to opponent exploiting your wings.

im back, about to play last league game with monaco,

its promotion or death... putting off the opp instructions did no good... last game i lost 2-1 because of some dumbness of my squad... and now im about to play my last game...

this is the tactic:

View attachment 281611

here in argentina we say... "i have my *** full of questions"

away.. vs 5th... they 58 points... me 60... teams packed... only win means ligue 1... other draw almost death, losing... DEATH!!!

goal for tours... left back going nowhere, neither cb and keeper...

half time, tours 1 monaco 0, hassle opponents instruction and aggresive team talk... 2 goals or death

60 minutes... the ball is only one, the ones with blue shirt have it... 30 minutes from death

Does this tactic work effectively with lower league teams? I know they don't share the glitz and glamour of top stats like Premiership teams but i'm wondering if it would be effective for my Carlisle United team (league one)

death!!! obviously im gonna replay this game... tactic is just fine... but monaco has lots of dumb players that will be thrown at sea ASAP