Kolo Toure Suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will suspension mean his contract is null and void? Or does it mean for the period he is suspended he recieves no payment? How does it work?

Last edited:
I don't think people realise how strict many of the drugs laws for athletes are! Professional cross-country skiers are only allowed a single cup of coffee a day!

So am I, the caffeine sends me loopy :D :p

On topic, if the B test negative, then there has been an anomaly with the 1st one. But, if B tests positive, he is pretty much ******.

---------- Post added at 06:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 AM ----------

Will suspension mean his contract is null and void? Or does it mean for the period he is suspended he recieves no payment? How does it work?

Suspended from playing and training, most likely pending further investigation. All depends on the B sample.

Suspended from playing and training, most likely pending further investigation. All depends on the B sample.
And if the B sample comes back positive, his contract is ripped up, yes? And perhaps some sort of global ban from Fifa?

lol in the USA, you get a slap on the wrist for steroids.

We use to abuse roids like a red headed step child

Last edited:
And if the B sample comes back positive, his contract is ripped up, yes?

It depends on what City decide. If they rip it up, he can go to court and get the rest of his contract paid up. Although if it is drug related, it may be a lot harder for him.

For example, Mutu's contract was canceled at Chelski when he failed his drug test, but last year, he failed a drug test whilst at Fiorentina, but they did not cancel his contract, and he was re-instated to the team when his ban was lifted.

---------- Post added at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 AM ----------

lol in the USA, you get a slap on the wrist for steroids.

We used to abuse roids like a red headed step child

I always thought you Yanks abused McDs and KFC.

Rio got eight months for missing one, Mutu got seven months for failing one and less than half Rio's fine.

Judging by that downard spiral, Toure will get a couple of weeks and have his snood privileges revoked.

What is this nonsense?

Of course Rio got a lengthier ban for missing his test. When you miss your test, it is (rightfully) assumed that you're avoiding it because you know you'll test positive.

It's similar to how Judges reduce sentencing for people who admit to their crimes. If people got lesser sentences for missing drug tests then they would just do it all the time; take the shorter sentence, and avoid the possible stigma of being caught red handed with drugs in their system.

Refusing to cooperate is a good indicator of guilt. Don't talk such utter bullshit again.

What is this nonsense?

Of course Rio got a lengthier ban for missing his test. When you miss your test, it is (rightfully) assumed that you're avoiding it because you know you'll test positive.

It's similar to how Judges reduce sentencing for people who admit to their crimes. If people got lesser sentences for missing drug tests then they would just do it all the time; take the shorter sentence, and avoid the possible stigma of being caught red handed with drugs in their system.

Refusing to cooperate is a good indicator of guilt. Don't talk such utter bullshit again.
slightly wrong, failing to attend a drugs test is simply viewed as failing it, there is no assumption on guilt/avoidance/poor time keeping ( see christine oghuru) etc, even if you were to turn up 24 hours later and pass, you failed to meet their requirements. No need for such an over the top reaction to his point. He didnt refuse to co operate either.

Last edited:
What is this nonsense?

Mutu failed a drug’s test, testing positive for cocaine. He was banned for 7 months and fined £20,000 by the FA.
Rio Ferdinand failed to show up for a drug’s test, offering to return later that day but was turned away. Although the test he had independently showed he was free of drugs, the FA banned him for 8 months and fined him £50,000.
Mutu’s failed test came a year after Ferdinand’s missed test, yet he was banned for less time and fined less than half of what Rio was.

slightly wrong, failing to attend a drugs test is simply viewed as failing it, there is no assumption on guilt/avoidance/poor time keeping ( see christine oghuru) etc, even if you were to turn up 24 hours later and pass, you failed to meet their requirements. No need for such an over the top reaction to his point. He didnt refuse to co operate either.

There is no spoken assumption, but it is treated as such. What else can you expect?

sunilvk7 said:
Mutu failed a drug’s test, testing positive for cocaine. He was banned for 7 months and fined £20,000 by the FA.
Rio Ferdinand failed to show up for a drug’s test, offering to return later that day but was turned away. Although the test he had independently showed he was free of drugs, the FA banned him for 8 months and fined him £50,000.
Mutu’s failed test came a year after Ferdinand’s missed test, yet he was banned for less time and fined less than half of what Rio was.

I assume the only thing you're trying to tell me here, is that Rio passed a test independently.

Yeah, and? Drugs get clear from your system real quick. That isn't the point anyway. As I replied to Mike, they have to treat it as a failure, and ban you for even longer than an actual positive reading during a test.

I assume the only thing you're trying to tell me here, is that Rio passed a test independently.

Yeah, and? Drugs get clear from your system real quick. That isn't the point anyway. As I replied to Mike, they have to treat it as a failure, and ban you for even longer than an actual positive reading during a test.

No. It wont. Not in 24 hours anyways. 8 months ban was harsh on him when it was known that Rio wasn't tested positive. Anyways you have your opinion on this, i dont think either would agree with each other,.

There is no spoken assumption, but it is treated as such. What else can you expect?

its more to with the black and white rules. if you do not meet their exact guidelines, you fail. Its not to with unspoken assumption, nor is there an extra punishment. Rio wasnt punished more harshly, he recieved the standard punishment for it, mutu's was mitigated because he had already enrolled into rehab. (bosnich actually got months longer than mutu despite also taking cocaine)

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

No. It wont. Not in 24 hours anyways. 8 months ban was harsh on him when it was known that Rio wasn't tested positive. Anyways you have your opinion on this, i dont think either would agree with each other,.
8 months wasnt harsh it, it was the standard. doesnt matter that and drugs would have still been present for the later test, he didnt follow their guidelines, there is virtually no leeway.

Unless Toure's B sample is clear and/or he can fully prove that it was unavoible on his part he will likely get 8 months too

Agreed. Notice Rio offered to go back the same day. Now I don't condone him missing the test but if he was guilty why would he offer to go back the same day and get an independant one done? The punishment was wrong in my opinion in this case.

However I do hope Kolo hasn't been stupid, I hope it was a mix up with a medicine. I might not like Man City but he does seem like one of the nicer footballers. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Agreed. Notice Rio offered to go back the same day. Now I don't condone him missing the test but if he was guilty why would he offer to go back the same day and get an independant one done? The punishment was wrong in my opinion in this case.

However I do hope Kolo hasn't been stupid, I hope it was a mix up with a medicine. I might not like Man City but he does seem like one of the nicer footballers. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
the punishment was right, don't think people realise how strict these rules are. they are incredibly black and white, no grey areas, no deviation. Even if its a mix up with the medicine, you're supposed to go your club physician, and if you are not sure about something you dont take it

Absolutely shocked by this. Of all the players and egos and it's him who fails a test?

I really hope it's a mistake, Kolo Toure is probably the only non-English players I like on Manchester City's team.

What do you have against Citys none English players? Surely everybody loves David Silva/ What's not to love?

I was making a joke you absurd person.

Congratulations, this is the internet where I can only scowl and mutter '*****' under my breath.

Correct me if i'm wrong here guys but are'nt drugs tests in all levels of the game now conducted on a random basis hence negating the "Accidental missing" of a test. Hence why i think it will turn out that Kolo has just been stupid and taken something he didn't know contained a banned substance.

Taking something knowing he could be tested any time is just moronic and he's not that dumb.

Last edited:
Correct me if i'm wrong here guys but are'nt drugs tests in all levels of the game now conducted on a random basis hence negating the "Accidental missing" of a test. Hence why i think it will turn out that Kolo has just been stupid and taken something he didn't know contained a banned substance.

Taking something knowing he could be tested any time is just moronic and he's not that dumb.
you still have to turn up, you can still miss it. doesnt matter if he didnt know. if he hasnt followed the clear guidelines, hes ******.

good grief, what an in-genius move for a top footballer. :S

you still have to turn up, you can still miss it. doesnt matter if he didnt know. if he hasnt followed the clear guidelines, hes ******.

I don't think it works like that now Mike. Players are now hit with tests at any second. 1 minuite You're training with the lads, next minuite BAM, Whip your **** out and **** in this. No time to run, hide or make excuses.

If Kolo has unknowingly taken something for whatever reason (which it is looking is the likely explaination) then i feel very sorry for him. There is an astranomical difference in somebody injecting performance enhacing steds to gain an unfair advantage on the field, Somebody snorting coke coz they're a mug and somebody just being careless and not reading the label or doing his homework on a medicine or whatever. I'm sure Kolo falls into the latter catergory.

But as has been metioned before the rules are very black and white. Even if it's an accident they will still punish him which i think is bollocks.

Questions have to be asked here.

Who will finish the season higher, Toure or Manchester City.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.