Best Striker

• Henrik Larsson

Votes: 130 80.2%
  • Kris Boyd

Votes: 32 19.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will always Remember Celtic played Dundee at Dens park and big Bobo Balde got sent off. Henrik was asked to play almost as a defensive midfielder along with Lennon. Henrik got MOTM that day. Could you see Boyd doing that?

No.

Did you ever hear about Henke going out every friday night and getting bladdered?

No.

Do you ever hear Kris Boyd being linked with Barcelona , Man Utd , Bayern Munich and Lyon?

No.

Larsson was a few steps ahead of every other player in the SPL and even the EPL. Henrik could of gone to Man Utd in '99 for £10 Million but he turned them down. Henrik was a complete footballer. Boyd? Will be like an Ally McCoist player for Rangers. No footballing ability at all but a goalscorer. Boyd wont leave because he knows he will be found out if he leaves Ragers

Ahh yes I forgot.. Henrik scored 18 goals in season 97/98 in the old SFL league. So Henrik has officially scored more goals in Scotland than Boyd has. Henke also missed a season with a broken leg.

i just read about manchester united's interest but there was no mention of a fee henrik was a great player and i have a lot of respect for him as a player but at the same time i have a lot of respect for boyd as a player and you brung up about boyd going on nights out every player goes on nights out Christiano ronaldo, wayne rooney and many others goe on nights out does that make them bad players?????

this thread is just silly now there is no ******* comparison.

Its a no-contest.....Larsson every time. Its like choosing between me and Ronaldinho.......Me, obviously.

last time i checked wayne rooney was the most profilic striker in britian not kris boyd give me a fkin break boyd is **** utter **** just like mccoist hes in the right place at the right time larrsson was and will always be a better player than boyd ever was regardless of records being broken look at scott mcdonald he scored more than boyd most seasons

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

the closest boyd will get to the premier league is the same as barry ferguson birmingham or something man utd will never ever offer for boyd even if he is 30 odds it aint gonna happen boyd will never leave for a bigger team than rangers why do u think hes still there champions league football gaurenteed most seasons even if u compare boyd to mcdonald i thought mcdonald was a far better player than boyd

last time i checked wayne rooney was the most profilic striker in britian not kris boyd give me a fkin break boyd is **** utter **** just like mccoist hes in the right place at the right time larrsson was and will always be a better player than boyd ever was regardless of records being broken look at scott mcdonald he scored more than boyd most seasons

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

the closest boyd will get to the premier league is the same as barry ferguson birmingham or something man utd will never ever offer for boyd even if he is 30 odds it aint gonna happen boyd will never leave for a bigger team than rangers why do u think hes still there champions league football gaurenteed most seasons even if u compare boyd to mcdonald i thought mcdonald was a far better player than boyd

Take of your green glasses mate, Larsson was brilliant. end of. He is one of probably only 3 really really world class foreign players to play in scotland(the other two being laudrup and Gascoigne) Larsson, come to think of it, is probably one of the best strikers ever to play football in general. But to call boyd **** and make up **** about mcdonald scoring more than him most seasons is biased. Any fsir minded celtic fan would have boyd walk into their team, and in all honesty, much as it pains me to see it, Robbie Keane would be the perfect partner for him. And by the way, although larsson took less games to score as many as he did, how many of boyds appearances have been from the bench??? lets just say probably about a third

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------[/COLOR]

Mate c'mon?
Boyd has outscored McDonald in every season the 2 have ever played apart from McDonalds 1st season with the Hoops,check your records?
Nobody on this page apart from wind-up merchants will ever say Boyds better than Larsson but give the guy a bit of credit,he's the best in Scotland at what he does that must count for something?
P.S. McCoist was a far better player than Boyd and Celtic would have loved him at Parkhead so thats bullshit!

Who ever says Boyd is deluded, boyd will never ever make the grade at a team like man utd or barca, larssons one of the modern day true goalscorers with a phenomenal goals to game ratio, not to mention near enough every other aspect of his game was sheer class, boyd stands at the penalty spot and waits for someone to do the donkey work and pass to him, i could honestly say that without green tinted glasses on.

Who ever says Boyd is deluded, boyd will never ever make the grade at a team like man utd or barca, larssons one of the modern day true goalscorers with a phenomenal goals to game ratio, not to mention near enough every other aspect of his game was sheer class, boyd stands at the penalty spot and waits for someone to do the donkey work and pass to him, i could honestly say that without green tinted glasses on.

Doubt many people would disagree with you but it's still the hardest thing to do in football and for that i'm glad we have him at Gers!

is larsson managing now???? in all honesty i thought he would just call it a day after he hung up his boots

Who cares? Its only the SPL
To be fair its a horrible standard of footballoO)
But Boyd I suppose,just because he's highest scorer

Larsson is a ******* legend. Makes you proud to be swedish!

Who cares? Its only the SPL
To be fair its a horrible standard of footballoO)
But Boyd I suppose,just because he's highest scorer

no no, not a horrible standard of football, just most clubs dont have an arab billionare in their team

no no, not a horrible standard of football, just most clubs dont have an arab billionare in their team

It is a horrible standard of football to be honest, stop kidding yourself.

I think the comparisons between the two will always be tainted by the fact that one played for rangers and the other for celtic, so there will always be some bias towards the one that plays for the team you support.

Boyd is probably the better 'striker', as in he scores alot of goals, but you wouldnt expect him to get as many assists as Larsson, although they are both pretty greedy.

It is a horrible standard of football to be honest, stop kidding yourself.

I think the comparisons between the two will always be tainted by the fact that one played for rangers and the other for celtic, so there will always be some bias towards the one that plays for the team you support.

Boyd is probably the better 'striker', as in he scores alot of goals, but you wouldnt expect him to get as many assists as Larsson, although they are both pretty greedy.

Yeah i know, i really am fighting a lost cause saying its a good standard, though in fairness we dont have to put up with lots of foreigners

Status
Not open for further replies.