Kris Boyd signs a two year deal at Middlesbrough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good player, and the Championship is about his level imo. Good signing.

nooooooo boyd. dammit, hes not replaceable, especially not by lafferty. i can see us really struggling to retain the title next year :S

Great signing for Boro, didn't think he would come considering Newcastle, Birmingham and Blackburn also wanted him, so well done to Strachan.

Boyd and McDonald are the best strike force in the Championship on paper, hopefully they will be on grass too. Just need some wingers in now to supply them.

Next Signing for Boro is almost gurdtee ed to be scottish. Good Signing though

Next Signing for Boro is almost gurdtee ed to be scottish. Good Signing though
Ive heard Andrew Drivers name mentioned more than once.

Why the **** did he chose to go to Middlesbrough !!!!!

1. Location, were only an hour or so away from Scotland.
2. He will get first team football.
3. Easily the best training facilities outside the Prem.
4. He knows he will bag up in the Championship.
5. He will be getting huge wages with him being a free.
6. Gordon Strachan.

Last edited:
Wow I didn't see this one coming..

Neall, unlike the other posts previously, the above comment was sarcasm. 8-|

Great signing by Boro. Proven goalscorer in Scotland, and it'd be nice if he repeated the feat in England.

Shocked me to the core he would have been beter off staying at Rangers

Wonder why you think staying at Rangers is because you support them he needed to move to further his career to him maybe if i was him id of moved countries:D

Great signing. Boro will be back up!

Wonder why you think staying at Rangers is because you support them he needed to move to further his career to him maybe if i was him id of moved countries:D

No offence to Boro fans but Rangers are a far bigger club so going there is a step down if he wanted to further his career he should have went to Newcastle or Birmingham but he has left a team that will be playing Champions League football to play in Englands 2nd tier thats why i said he would have been beter off at Ibrox

I wanted him at Newcastle i have no idea why he wud go 2 Boro and play in an empty stadium every week he shud of stayed at Rangers unless they offered him big money.

No offence to Boro fans but Rangers are a far bigger club so going there is a step down if he wanted to further his career he should have went to Newcastle or Birmingham but he has left a team that will be playing Champions League football to play in Englands 2nd tier thats why i said he would have been beter off at Ibrox
He obviously doesn't agree or he would still be at Rangers.

Brilliant signing for the team, a proven striker in the SPL - will he carry his form over to England though?

Up to having a challenge id say he'd want to be the one who helped them on promotions and anything else he accomplish at Boro cant wait for boro to get up in prem again with him in there team :)

WHAT THE **** !!

So, after weeks of being linked with Turkish clubs on £50,000 a week, apparently being on the verge of signing for top-half premier league club Birmingham, Kris Boyd, the 30 goals a season hitman signs for the mighty... Middlesbrough ? Are you taking the **** ! Really, lets compare.

MIDDLESBROUGH- 11th in last years Championship, currently going through a transitionall period.

RANGERS- Champions League football, SPL title holders, playing in front of 50,000 people every second week.

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame Middlesbrough for signing him, in my opinion it shows great ambition by the club, he'll destroy the Championship next year. But I just don't understand Boyds motives, I think he could do better than Boro, no disrespect to them.

KA5A8IAN he must be making alot of money going to Middlesbrough with extra incentives if he helps them to promotion

WHAT THE **** !!

So, after weeks of being linked with Turkish clubs on £50,000 a week, apparently being on the verge of signing for top-half premier league club Birmingham, Kris Boyd, the 30 goals a season hitman signs for the mighty... Middlesbrough ? Are you taking the **** ! Really, lets compare.

MIDDLESBROUGH- 11th in last years Championship, currently going through a transitionall period.

RANGERS- Champions League football, SPL title holders, playing in front of 50,000 people every second week.

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame Middlesbrough for signing him, in my opinion it shows great ambition by the club, he'll destroy the Championship next year. But I just don't understand Boyds motives, I think he could do better than Boro, no disrespect to them.

How should i know im just saying why he may of moved and thats last im saying on the topic !!!

I'd rather play for Boro than Rangers. He has a few team mates aswel as other reasons explained by JP. And honestly, I bet he's sick or bored of Scotland, the weather and the football is too predictable and ******.

Status
Not open for further replies.