Kris Boyd signs a two year deal at Middlesbrough

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT THE **** !!

So, after weeks of being linked with Turkish clubs on £50,000 a week, apparently being on the verge of signing for top-half premier league club Birmingham, Kris Boyd, the 30 goals a season hitman signs for the mighty... Middlesbrough ? Are you taking the **** ! Really, lets compare.

MIDDLESBROUGH- 11th in last years Championship, currently going through a transitionall period.

RANGERS- Champions League football, SPL title holders, playing in front of 50,000 people every second week.

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame Middlesbrough for signing him, in my opinion it shows great ambition by the club, he'll destroy the Championship next year. But I just don't understand Boyds motives, I think he could do better than Boro, no disrespect to them.
He has signed a pretty short contract, only 2 years, so he will be expecting Boro to be promoted or he'll be off. He obviously wants to play in England. Newcastle pulled out of signing him and Brum are probably too far down south, plus he may not get regular football there considering there spending power now.

I'd rather play for Boro than Rangers. He has a few team mates aswel as other reasons explained by JP. And honestly, I bet he's sick or bored of Scotland, the weather and the football is too predictable and ******.

Firstly, the weather isn't too different from Glasgow to Middlesbrough, and the Championship is hardly the classiest league is it ?

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

He has signed a pretty short contract, only 2 years, so he will be expecting Boro to be promoted or he'll be off. He obviously wants to play in England. Newcastle pulled out of signing him and Brum are probably too far down south, plus he may not get regular football there considering there spending power now.

How many Scots are in the Middlesbrough team now ?

Firstly, the weather isn't too different from Glasgow to Middlesbrough, and the Championship is hardly the classiest league is it ?

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

Still 10 times better than the SPL though. lol

I think you just wish he had stayed but can't believe your club receive a fee for him or just looking for a argument :L

The championship is probably better than the SPL though

Well, why are the pitches in Scotland so bad?

And it's better than the SPL in my opinion. Better football, players and drama. Aswell as the fact there are a few clubs that can win the Championship, whereas we all know that no other team other than Rangers or Celtic will challenge for the title.

I think you just wish he had stayed but can't believe your club receive a fee for him or just looking for a argument :L

In what way am I looking for an argument, I'm stating my opinion.

The championship is probably better than the SPL though

It depends what end of the scale your on, if your in the top half, then yeah, it probably is, but in the bottom half I'd rather be in the SPL.

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Well, why are the pitches in Scotland so bad?

And it's better than the SPL in my opinion. Better football, players and drama. Aswell as the fact there are a few clubs that can win the Championship, whereas we all know that no other team other than Rangers or Celtic will challenge for the title.

I agree with the secoond point, but all the pitches are so bad because most bottom half clubs can't afford to upkeep the pitch.

More money than was on offer in Turkey ?

I knew Boyd wouldn't move to Turkey as he can't play in warm weather he will always play in Britan but to answer your question no i don't think he will be getting 50K more likely be 20-30K

Good player, and the Championship is about his level imo. Good signing.

Boyd is an odd player to try and give a 'level' too. He is a goalscorer, is always in the right positions, lazy **** mind you.

I think providing the correct support, he would do well in the premiership.

For this season I am a bit gutted he has opted for the lower level.

Great signing for Boro, didn't think he would come considering Newcastle, Birmingham and Blackburn also wanted him, so well done to Strachan.

Boyd and McDonald are the best strike force in the Championship on paper, hopefully they will be on grass too. Just need some wingers in now to supply them.

Indeed, Boyd and McDonald are proven scorers up north and if Charlie Adam can succeed in the championship then these two should run riot.

Maybe with this big signing Boro's attendances might reach triple figures!

article-1224305-07088CB0000005DC-387_468x286.jpg

Its the right club and level for him,personally I feel he will dominate the Championships

Maybe with this big signing Boro's attendances might reach triple figures!

article-1224305-07088CB0000005DC-387_468x286.jpg
Boro fans vote with their feet, if they dont like what they are seeing they dont go, simple as that. I remember the early 90s before Keegan came, Newcastle where struggling to get 10 thousand, so you geordies aren't the wonder fans you like to think you are.

Ive heard Andrew Drivers name mentioned more than once.

1. Location, were only an hour or so away from Scotland.
2. He will get first team football.
3. Easily the best training facilities outside the Prem.
4. He knows he will bag up in the Championship.
5. He will be getting huge wages with him being a free.
6. Gordon Strachan.

He wanted a challenge but hes going to a 2nd division side, And he had a chance to go to a premiership side

in a way i think his bottled out on a guarrenteed move to the premiership. he can do it in the scottish premierleague but i think the championship is at the same level.

Boro fans vote with their feet, if they dont like what they are seeing they dont go, simple as that. I remember the early 90s before Keegan came, Newcastle where struggling to get 10 thousand, so you geordies aren't the wonder fans you like to think you are.

Well Newcastle have always had a high average attendance so get your facts right but i do take your point the crowds did rise since Keegan came but come on you barely get 15 thousand man and Boro fans vote with their feet! Has your stadium ever been full even in the Prem? Then again i wudn't want to go outside in that smoggie wasteland. Dirty Old Town!

He should do well but I expected him to go to the prem or Turkey

Well Newcastle have always had a high average attendance so get your facts right but i do take your point the crowds did rise since Keegan came but come on you barely get 15 thousand man and Boro fans vote with their feet! Has your stadium ever been full even in the Prem? Then again i wudn't want to go outside in that smoggie wasteland. Dirty Old Town!
How about you get your facts right.

With crowds previously below 10,000, Keegan captivated everyone on Tyneside and United stormed into the top division in a style only bettered by Kevin's own brand of football in the next decade. Alongside Keegan were youngsters Peter Beardsley and Chris Waddle, as well as seasoned campaigners like Terry McDermott and David McCreery.

When Keegan returned to Tyneside to replace Ossie Ardiles (under whom crowds had again plummeted to below 15,000) as manager on a short term contract in 1992, United were struggling at the wrong end of Division Two. Sir John had all but taken control of the club and he needed a small miracle to stop the Magpies from tumbling into the Third Division for the very first time in their history.

Source: http://www.toonale.co.uk/nufc.htm

like everyone who isnt a rangers fan im guessing by glancing at this, i think its a fantastic signing for both parties. boyd can adapt to the english game b4 playing in the prem next season, because he will do, regardless of whether boro get promoted or not this season coming. and boro have a talisman forward who will fire them bk to the top of the league and into the prem (if all goes well and stratchan gets the service men boyd will need to get his chances, we no he can coast a bit at times)

Status
Not open for further replies.