Kris Boyd signs a two year deal at Middlesbrough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then again i wudn't want to go outside in that smoggie wasteland. Dirty Old Town
What has that honestly got to do with this? Thats just a cheap dig.

What has that honestly got to do with this? Thats just a cheap dig.
I found it quite funny tbh. Chip pan calling the kettle grimey **** sprung to mind. Ive been to Newcastle many times and all i can say is im glad i live in Boro.

Great signing for Boro and actually a good move by Boyd,

Boro are a club with ambition, they are putting together a good team under a great manager and him upfront with McDonald should prove a deadly strike force.

Quite shocked that he would go Middlesborough. Especially when Premier League teams were interested in signing him. Can see him being the right play to push Boro back up to the prem. Just need to sack Strachan now.

why would we sack strachanl... hes got the players he can work with. if we sacked him i reckon 90% of the players he signed would leave, maybe Robson or Flood would stay

why would we sack strachanl... hes got the players he can work with. if we sacked him i reckon 90% of the players he signed would leave, maybe Robson or Flood would stay

Out of curiousity, how many of his signings have been a success ?

Out of curiousity, how many of his signings have been a success ?

Robson was decent. McManus was decent. Flood was decent but got inj. Killen and Miller not up to much to be honest. McDonald never really looked 100%.

I'd rather play for Boro than Rangers. He has a few team mates aswel as other reasons explained by JP. And honestly, I bet he's sick or bored of Scotland, the weather and the football is too predictable and ******.

The weather? Yup thats why I love my visits to Middlesbrough.

Still 10 times better than the SPL though. lol

Hmm bit harsh but I can see why you might think so. Still, if the likes of Charlie Adam can get a good reputation then I would have to seriously question that statement.

Well, why are the pitches in Scotland so bad?

And it's better than the SPL in my opinion. Better football, players and drama. Aswell as the fact there are a few clubs that can win the Championship, whereas we all know that no other team other than Rangers or Celtic will challenge for the title.

Nice logic, so the championship is better than the premiership? because we all know no other team than Man Utd or Chelsea will win the premiership?

Robson was decent. McManus was decent. Flood was decent but got inj. Killen and Miller not up to much to be honest. McDonald never really looked 100%.

nah Killen and Miller are **** by spl standards, I guess anything was better than Lita though?

How much do you think he will be on a week at 'boro?

well that is a bit of a shock - well done to the team that keep that one under wraps.

It's important Boro go up this season because the parachute payments will go once the year is out, they Boro have a great chance of achieving automatic promotion mainly due to the fact that the relegated PL teams are so weak, I can't see why McDonald and Boyd can't fire them to Championship glory.

What do you think his wages will be at boro ... ?

what i was thinking .
I reckon he will score like 30 goals in the league this seasonXD

I'd imagine his wages are on a par with Scott McDonald, so whatever that is £15k p/w + bonuses maybe?

his wages will be higher as we didn't have to pay for him i reckon any where between 25-40k

and as for the successes, Robson was good, McManus was good, Flood was also good, then injured, Killen was ok scored a few goals, Miller isn't really a good goalscorer but he did pish, McDonald was recovering from an operation but scored against Newcastle and a few more will see better of im next season with Boyd!

Hmm bit harsh but I can see why you might think so. Still, if the likes of Charlie Adam can get a good reputation then I would have to seriously question that statement.

The comment was a lttle tongue in cheek but while i know none of the Championship sides are bigger than the big 2 in Scotland i do think the standard is better on the whole. Charlie Adam had a brilliant season and has certainly benefited from playing regular football on good pitches.

Good luck to the guy. I really like him as a player and will do well next year. :)

I think we can say that we'll be seeing Boro back sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.