L.A. Noire

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 74
  • Views 5K
I

iNickStuff

picture.php

Just saw the trailer to this game and thought of just how advanced the technology that Rockstar Games use is for them to make it so realistic and surreal that it feels like it's real-life. Even trying to find any flaws in the way they talk and their facial expressions. It's very life-like.

Here is the trailer:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3pxaZq1t_w&feature=channel"]YouTube - L.A. Noire First Trailer[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7NTSfYpJkw"]YouTube - L.A. Noire Official Trailer #2[/ame]

Release dates:

North America: 17th May 2011
Europe: 20th May 2011

Might get it after my exams, looks very good and enjoyable. RS, since GTA IV and RDR, have made very good games. I wouldn't put this one down to be exemplary from that list.

The graphics look amazing. i think i might get this game

This one isn't actually being made by Rockstar, just being published by them, Team Bondi are making it.

Anyway, the technology looks very impressive, probably the best lip synching I have seen in a game, will wait for reviews of the game though as I'm not really sure about it.

This one isn't actually being made by Rockstar, just being published by them, Team Bondi are making it.

Anyway, the technology looks very impressive, probably the best lip synching I have seen in a game, will wait for reviews of the game though as I'm not really sure about it.

Yeah, was thinking of adding that into the OP, but wasn't sure. I will wait on reviews as well before I think about buying it.

I will defiantly get it, simply because I get most games that look at-least half decent :p

Looks very interesting from that trailer, I'll keep a close eye on this but at the moment I'm thinking I definitely want it.

I <3 Rockstar games.

Hopefully it will be as fun as RDR, and have some fun DLC's to sink your teeth into.

It looks good from that trailer.

will feel a bit weird to be a good guy for once :S as others have said will wait for reviews and possibly get it if they are good

Sounds pretty cool. Especially the time setting.

I would definately get this, looks like Mafia mixed with GTA mixed with the Godfather movies :) looks very well designed... I am a tad over the 1950 esque games! even though the Saboteur was pretty good!

looks like a good game but yeah wait for a review. hate this time of year for games tho not a great deal out right now managed to get my hands on a copy of two worlds two a month before release tho :p not hard tho really lol

Only game I'm interested in buying, fed up of the same rehashed stuff coming out. This is something different, appealing and the facial expressions are absolutely **** hot.

cant wait for this game. the lip syncing is amazing. most games fail on this area miserably.

Upcoming third-person gumshoe investigate-'em-up L.A. Noire is going to be a big game - so big, in fact, that developer Rockstar is having trouble getting it on to the Xbox 360.

The 1940s-era detective game, which comes from the development house most famous for the Grand Theft Auto series, is to launch on both Sony's PlayStation 3 and Microsoft's Xbox 360 - but while PlayStation gamers will have but a single disc, the Xbox users will have to juggle three separate DVDs, the development studio has told gaming news site Kotaku.

It's a move which will leave Xbox players swapping between discs - even though the latest major update to the console's operating system introduced an 'install to hard drive' option, which still requires the physical disc to be present in the drive in order to verify ownership of the title.

Rockstar's latest epic is so large, the company claims, that it takes three DVDs to fit all the content - but just barely squeezes onto a 25GB single-layer Blu-ray disc for the PlayStation 3 version.

It's something which validates Sony's decision to delay the launch of the PS3 in order to fit a Blu-ray drive instead of the DVD drive used in Microsoft's Xbox 360 - a move that left Sony playing catch-up in the next-generation console market with a machine that cost significantly more to make than its nearest competitor.

It appears that the gamble has paid off, however - and not just for games. While Rockstar's last major release, Grand Theft Auto IV, was small enough to fit on a DVD - and suffered from extended loading times on the PS3, thanks to the slower transfer rate of the Blu-ray drive compared to the Xbox's DVD - it looks like this time around PlayStation gamers will be the ones getting the better deal.

As games become more complex, the size of data required for them grows - and large media like Blu-ray discs becomes a necessity. While Microsoft managed to dodge the bullet when it launched the Xbox 360, there's no getting around the fact that its next-generation console - whenever that might appear - will have to take a leaf out of rival Sony's book and bring some major capacity improvements if the company wants to keep developers - and gamers - on-side.

Rockstar spreads L.A. Noire across three discs | thinq_