Raikan007

Reaction score
La rinascita della Sampdoria:

2mhwj8g.jpg

logo-gazzetta%5B1%5D.jpg

breaking_news.gif

We take you live to the Luigi Ferraris for this breaking story:

Riccardo Garrone:

"It is with great sadness that I have to share the news to the fans of this fantastic club and the world as a whole. Earlier this evening Guiseppe Iachini had a series of heart attacks that doctors believe to be caused by an unknown blood disorder. He is currently in I.C.U in a stable condition, however, doctors advised that in order to prolong his life and ensure his well being he would have to give up his involvement in football.

As of now we are currently searching for a new manager to take over the reigns, this is imperative for the future of the club and we will not rush into any decision, all applicant's will be thoroughly interviewed and assessed.

Thank you for your time and we wish Guiseppe a speedy recovery..."

I did not get into my last two games/stories, this time is different! Will do constant updates, I hope you enjoy the ride!

The title translates as The Rise of Sampdoria
!

Last edited:

35jh01f.jpg

(Several days later)

Press conference Luigi Ferraris:
microphones.jpg

Ricardo Garrone:

"
It is with great pleasure to announce today that we have been able to capture a very talented young manager Mr. Neil Hart. Please use this time to ask Mr. Hart your questions and please, one at a time only, thank you"

Stefan Luigi Tripeppi: (Journalist)

"Hi Neil, as an English speaking manager will you not find it difficult to communicate with your players and staff?

Neil Hart: (Manager)

"Hi Stefan, English is the universal language and I am sure that the staff and I will be able to communicate effectively with the squad, I might have to rely on some of the staff here to act as my translater until I myself pick up the language slowly"

Sandro Quattrocchi: (Journalist)

"You arrive at a time the club need to focus on getting back into the Serie A, do you think you are the man for the job?

"
I believe we have the quality and depth to push for promotion this year, I know that Mr Garrone has a vision he wishes me to carry out, I will do everything in my power to see his dreams become reality"

Vincenza Trulli: (Journalist)

"Hi Neil, could you give us an indication of what your philosophy is when it comes to your formations and style of play as this is your first attempt at coaching, we would like to know what to expect

"Vincenza, I am afraid you are going to have to wait and see like everyone else. Football is about entertainment but also about winning games even if its by one goal or six goals.

A season is a long time and its easy to hit the ground running but with injuries and suspensions you cannot predict what will happen in the future so we just have to take one day at a time. At this point I would like to thank everyone for coming here today, and now if you would excuse me I have quite a few things to attend to"

("Camera's flash like a lightning storm behind me, reporters screaming out unanswered questions, its a circus down there, I turn and wave briefly, smiling as I make my way down the stairs, time to reshape this club")

Ricardo Garrone:

"
That will be all for today, thank you"

Last edited:

35jh01f.jpg

Neil Edward Patrick Hart Manager Profile & History:

face-silhouette1.bmp

Neil was born in Birmingham, England on the 18th September, 1973. He started his footballing career at the local school and represented England at an U/13 level as first choice goalkeeper for two years.

Neil was then scouted by his local club, Birmingham and after a successful trial day, he was offered a youth contract. He stayed with Birmingham for many years until Italian giants, Roma offered him a professional contract at the age of 17. Neil never made one appearance for the first team however during his spell with the Rome giants.

After the death of his mother at age 21, Neil returned home to England to take care of his father, (now deceased) who suffered from lymph node cancer for the remainder of his life.

After many years of trying to get back into the sport Hart decided to give up. He was offered a job as the sporting director for the high school which he attended, at 32 Hart was coaching the first football team who were exceeding expectations having won the league without losing a game. The second season was no different.

Colin Calderwood, Birmingham City's Assistant managers' child, Andrew was part of the first team that won the national competition that year, approached Hart and offered an opportunity to join Birmingham City as a youth coach after undergoing several months of training and coaching.

Hart quickly established himself as one of the clubs favored personnel, liked by fans and staff alike, he won several youth championships in his first four years.

Shortly after that Hart was offered the Assistant Managers position when Colin had accepted a contract from Liverpool. After a short spell as Assistant, Hart was offered a full time Head Coach position at newly relegated Sampdoria.

Last edited:

35jh01f.jpg

Sampdoria's Formation:

View attachment 244678View attachment 244679View attachment 244680

After my meeting with the squad and staff, watching dozens of video's and getting my views across about how we are going to look this year, I opened the floor to the players to address any concerns they may have, one or two jokers messed around but some of the feedback and comments were positive and some not so, one or two of the older players were a bit skeptical on my approach and views, I did reassure them individually after the session and I think I got through to them!

Sampdoria's Transfers: (Players)
(so far, will be updated at the end of the transfer window)

View attachment 244681View attachment 244685View attachment 244682View attachment 244686View attachment 244683View attachment 244684

A few reinforcements here and there, the squad is good enough to get promoted, but a few players that I picked up for relatively cheap will add to the competition for spaces which should push this squad in order to secure positions!

I have made an offer to Lyon to loan Clement Grenier, who I think is one of the most gifted young players in France at the moment, I hope they decide to loan him to us, he would offer a lot of quality in the centre of the park!

SkyNewsHDLogo1a.png

Clement Grenier signs for Sampdoria on a full seasons' loan

View attachment 244719

I was delighted when Zuniga decided to join us instead of the list of other clubs that had made offers, he is a quality and extremely versatile player!

Sampdoria's Transfers: (Staff)

View attachment 244691View attachment 244688View attachment 244692View attachment 244689View attachment 244690View attachment 244687

The overall quality of the facilities here are fantastic, its a pity the staff were so poor. After a few short and uncomfortable meetings with the old staff members, finalizing all the termination agreements and settlements I delved into the market searching for the correct staff to assist me 100% in my job, after dozens of interviews I decided to hire who I thought would fit in here for the long haul...

Last edited:

35jh01f.jpg

Pre-season completed:

View attachment 244830

A very successful pre-season has come to an end, a good start for the squad, I was very pleased with the away draw at Marseille and two good away results against Premier League outfit, West Brom and German up and comers, Red Bull Leipzig.

The players performed well in the new style and formation we had discussed days earlier, they adapted extremely quickly and the results were pleasing!

The first competitive game of the year is a 2nd round Coppa Italia game, the draw will be made shortly, lets hope we get an easy game..

With days away from the Coppa Italia 2nd round game, I found myself on the back page of the local newspaper, I was quite surprised as to what it said, something about how I was not the right man for the job, saying I did not have the experience to take Sampdoria back up to the Serie A!

Mr Garrone called me in his office and discussed what the papers had said earlier in the morning, he said that I should not worry about it, its just the media trying to sell papers and he and the board had complete faith in me!

I was quite relieved as I made my way out of his office, it was around 8pm that evening, a couple of days before the opening game of the season, I decided to hit the streets and relax with a good bottle of red and anti-pasto...

P1050913.JPG

Last edited:

35jh01f.jpg

(So it begins)
coppa-italia_2010-11.jpg

View attachment 245078View attachment 245077

For the squads first competitive game, the Reggiana result was most pleasing, the boys played extremely well and looked as if they had been playing together for years, which is always a good sign!

Shortly after the victory, we were just about to head home when the draw for the 3rd round was on passing the rec area, as the teams were drawn we saw quite a Serie A teams pitted against each other, we of course were all hoping for an easy game to get through! The penultimate draw began, Sampdoria were first to come out, then followed shortly by Fiorentina...

(The Promotion Push)

serie-b-logo.jpg

View attachment 245084View attachment 245081View attachment 245085View attachment 245082View attachment 245083View attachment 245080

The boys played well over the next couple of months, some very pleasing results in the league! Two early goals against Reggina seemed to be enough as we controlled the game for the most part, a consolation goal was conceded after the boys went three up.

Next up was Livorno at home, a comfortable victory emphasized by a fantastic brace from on loan striker, Eder.

Next up we faced Nocerina, the boys played really well for the first half, creating chances at will, we conceded an easy goal just after new signing Sestu had opened the scoring with a well placed shot beating the keeper on his near post. The second half was a bit of a different story however, the squad seemed complacent with their recent run of form and conceded needless goals, this was a lot closer than was expected, I let them know how I felt after the game, we should not be conceding three goals at home!

An impressive display against Crotone away from home, Pozzi and Eder are working wonders in front of goal so far this season! Risploli picked up a minor calf injury and should be back in a couple of days.

Another dominant display at home against a good Verona side.

We went to Alberto Braglia full of confidence after picking up several wins on the trott, after creating twelve chances we could not cut open the defence well enough to bury the chances we created, a somewhat dissappointing result agianst a team we should be beating....

2nqw7ee.jpg

View attachment 245089

(Top performers so far)

View attachment 245091View attachment 245092View attachment 245090

Last edited:

35jh01f.jpg

(Free flowing Sampdoria)

30rm9gj.jpg

View attachment 245453View attachment 245450View attachment 245448View attachment 245454View attachment 245451View attachment 245447View attachment 245452View attachment 245449

A very pleasing run of results the boys have picked up, Eder received a straight red for an extremely dangerous tackle in the 37th minute of the Pescara game, after that we struggled and experienced the first loss all season... Eder received a further two match ban which as my top scorer, I was not pleased about, I had a chat with him about his conduct on the field and he assured me that it would not happen again!

In a somewhat comical match against Bari, the boys played well and were two up in a matter of minutes, the second half was something to forget, after making a couple of changes 3 injuries between the 55th-71st minute left me in the ****! At this stage we were 4:2 up with about 25 minutes left to play with 8 outfield players left and one **** of a formation, we conceded two late goals...

Last edited:

35jh01f.jpg

(Season update)

With a very busy schedule and a rival's fixture in the Coppa Italia, Sampdoria performed well above expectations over the next several months!

In Hart's first derby match, we came away 2:1 victors over fierce local rivals, Genoa in a tightly contested match. Hart had said after the game that he was immensely proud of the performance his players put in.

The draw for the next round of the Coppa was once again not what Sampdoria fans had hoped for, an away game against Serie A outfit, Ac Milan. Sampdoria believed that in the 92nd minute, Sestu's goal had given them the victory only to be pegged back two minutes later by an Ambrosini goal taking the game to extra time only to be dumped out the competition by once fan favourite, Antonio Cassano whose goal was believed to be offside...

Sitting pretty at the top of the Serie B table, Sampdoria fans should be hoping that Hart could take them back up this year...

View attachment 245486View attachment 245487

(New additions)

View attachment 245489View attachment 245490View attachment 245491View attachment 245488

In a bid to bolster his squad, Hart negotiated a few loan deals to help his squad stay fit and sharp for the promotion push signing Maicon, Gueye and Paul Pogba on six month loan deals.

Hart delighted the fans with a very low key signing which was kept under the radar until he announced the new arrival, Tiago Illori, a young promising centre back from Sporting Lisbon, the fee was rumored to be in the region on 575k

On his way out in the transfer window was veteran striker Christian Bertani to Fiorentina in a fee rumored to be in the region of £1m.

(Additional news)

Zuniga recently picked up sever hip injury, doctors saying he had dislocated in a challenge, will be out of action for around three months.

Savass Gentsoglou and new arrial Mateo Sereni had contacted Hart arranging for the players contracts to be mutually terminated, Hart agreed to the terms and apologized to the players for not being able to give them the chance they derserved.

Last edited:
Raikan I always love your stories, some great updates here!

One thing mate hate to be **** but I'm afraid that title doesn't mean much in Italian. I guess you meant something like "The rise of Sampdoria"? Because the way it is right now it's more "The pay raise of Sampdoria"? ;)

other than that great start mate :)

Im reading and following. Looking good so far.

Raikan I always love your stories, some great updates here!

One thing mate hate to be **** but I'm afraid that title doesn't mean much in Italian. I guess you meant something like "The rise of Sampdoria"? Because the way it is right now it's more "The pay raise of Sampdoria"? ;)

other than that great start mate :)

hahha, are you serious? **** Google translater!

It was meant to be as you said, The Rise of Sampdoria! let me see if I can fix that quickly... thanks for pointing that out ;)

Good start really enjoying this and a hope this turns out to be as good if not better than your Ajax story :)

Back