La rinascita della Sampdoria

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 99
  • Views Views 22K
I don't think I will be able to win the ECL this year ;) Definitely going to try though! League is my main aim again!

send me the link :) sounds interesting!

have been extremely busy today, will update tomorrow :)

It will be hard to win ECL with an Italian team. I think it is somehow coded, but I ve never seen an Italian team, beside my own, win the ECL in any of my saves, and again it is with a lot of struggling and creating a super star team with around 10 key players and more than that first team players.

La rinascita della Sampdoria:

35jh01f.jpg

A new season draws near

With Sampdoria surprising everyone in Italy with their shock Serie A triumph Hart decided that in order to get a good feel for where his club and players are at the moment he would arrange a couple of friendlies against Spanish La Liga champions, Barcelona and the star studded team of Real Madrid!

The Sampdoria board were rather generous this season with Hart reported having access close to the £30m mark...

Hart knew that in order to compete once again in the league and of course the Champions League he would have to spend wisely!

For his achievements in the Serie A last season, Hart picked up the Manager of the year award with an astonishing 1824, 800 more than runner up Stefano Poli of Bologna who he guided to a respectable 4th position!

View attachment 248156

Transfers 2013/2014 season

eu4zn5.jpg

View attachment 248155View attachment 248149View attachment 248150

Fans will no doubt be delighted with the purchases of Antonio Valencia and superstar, Christian Eriksen! For just over £8m each these deals show that Sampdoria really mean business!

Martin Olsson was another great acquisition from the young manager, the team were lacking a good left back and Hart has delivered a fine player to the ranks!

Two Lyon youngsters, Enzo Reale and Maxime Gonalons joined up with the team to provide extra cover in the central midfield for the upcoming Champions League expedition!

Fans have stated that they are happy with how the team is looking at present and are looking forward to another successful campaign under Neil Hart...

Sampdoria kits 2013/2014

sampdoria_1-1.png
sampdoria_2-1.png
sampdoria_3-1.png

Sampdoria pre-season results

View attachment 248157View attachment 248158

Hart will be happy with the performances of his players during the pre-season, a respectable draw against Barca and a wonderful victory against a full strength, except Ronaldo, Real Madrid team!

La rinascita della Sampdoria:

35jh01f.jpg

The new season begins

View attachment 248357

Sampdoria's first competitive game of the season was the Italian Super Cup against surprise winners of the Coppa Italia, Cesena who had beaten Juventus in the final several months ago...

With another trophy added to the ongoing collection, Hart was now focused on the League title again, he had mentioned in a brief post match interview that his side had done brilliantly last year, however, they are now the team to beat and as long as they qualified for Europe it would be another successful season...

Sampdoria fixtures

Serie-A-logo.png
champions-league-logo.jpg

View attachment 248353View attachment 248354View attachment 248355View attachment 248356

With more than half the season gone, Sampdoria are once again sitting pretty at the top of the table having not lost a game so far this season in the Serie A, a shock defeat in the quarter final of the Coppa Italia was down to a poor selection and tactical decision by Hart, he had acknowledged that shortly after the game saying he was giving his youngsters a shot to state their claim in the first team...

Sampdoria did well to come runners up in their ECL group behind Bayern Munich with a few fantastic displays during the group stages, however, Hart's boys were drawn against Man City for the Knockout stage of the competition, not the team Hart and his players would have wanted..

Another dominant display against Ac Milan and a fantastic home victory against Oil Rich Manchester City with Eriksen bagging a superb hat trick on the evening!

Sampdoria squad

View attachment 248351View attachment 248352

Last edited:
So far the minimum expectation of getting past the group stage, let's see how it goes.

I'm curious to know what's the state of your finances.

do you think serie A is one of the easiest leagues to win with a smaller team ?, I have found it a lot easier winning it with torino, then I have the PL with reading/pompey for example.

do you think serie A is one of the easiest leagues to win with a smaller team ?, I have found it a lot easier winning it with torino, then I have the PL with reading/pompey for example.

Surprisingly yes I do feel that! In a poor game sense I am getting a bit bored now, Roma have sold all their good players except like Stekelenburg/De Rossi and are useless now! Inter have good players but never play well, Ac Milan are getting another wave of oldness creeping in.. No one seems to reinvest in better players! To be honest, I find most if not every league easiesh, the EPL is the hardest and most unpredictable however :)

As someone that plays in Italy I also find it strange how bad the top teams perform trough the years. While in reality Inter, Milan and Juventus have been dominating it for 6 decades after the Torino dominance in the 40s; and rarely someone else got to the top (last case was Roma at 2001 and Lazio 2000) I have only 1 save where Inter created an unbeaten team and won the CL. Other than that it is pretty easy to win the league or get to UCL, EUCL spot and even win the cup. I played a semi final on my Perugia save in my 2nd season when I was in c2b.

Great story
Italian leagues sure do great storys

Check out mine a genoa story :D
gd luck in the champions league

As someone that plays in Italy I also find it strange how bad the top teams perform trough the years. While in reality Inter, Milan and Juventus have been dominating it for 6 decades after the Torino dominance in the 40s; and rarely someone else got to the top (last case was Roma at 2001 and Lazio 2000) I have only 1 save where Inter created an unbeaten team and won the CL. Other than that it is pretty easy to win the league or get to UCL, EUCL spot and even win the cup. I played a semi final on my Perugia save in my 2nd season when I was in c2b.

I think in RL if some trainer takes charges in Italy and dares to play attractive attacking soccer he can beat the topteams. Look at the results of Napoli the last few years. And somewhat less Udinese.

You can look at the Roma disappointing performance too. It is very hard to apply attacking football in Italy, because the defenders there are really top quality ones. Man Marking is rear to see and you do not have chasing CD's on the flangs. Still the players in the academies are chosen by physical qualities rather than technical ones. Look at Bojan for example - on paper he is a very good player and should score for fun, however he does not have a goal that is not based on a counter attack. While his team is attacking and the other one is defending he is basically useless. In the other hand look at Borini and Destro who play the same role but are just a bit more physical. Both had good seasons, while Bojan was disappointing.

Napoli's team is build from years. I remember Lavezzi beeing their main scorer since he was about 22-23. I am quete sure Aronica, De Sanctis, Maggio and Canavaro are in the teams since early 2000. Even Cavanni and Hamsik play there for about 5 years. The core of the team is well gelled and they are good friends, this why poor players like Aronica and Canavaro are actually playing on a top level of football. In fact Napoli play the majority of their matches in a counter-attacking system with some long balls which Maggio, Lavezzi and Cavani chase.

In fact the Seria A was the most tactical diversity league. This season you could see 3man defense from Napoli, Udine and Juventus (sometimes). You could see 4-3-3 from Roma. Inter, because of the coach changes, played 3 or 4 different systems. Milan played their typical 4-4-2 diamond. Lecce played the old 4-5-1 with wide mids, but no wingers. Genoa, Bologna, Cagliari played the normal 4-4-2. Fiorentina did the typical 4-3-1-2 with the false 9 and false 10 in some of their matches, in others only with the false 9 or false 10. Udine were in an interesting shape in some of their matches too. You could see different double pivots in defense, mid and attack too. You could see a DMC in a dlp holding role as Pirlo, and you could see a DMC in an anchorman holding role as De Rossi/van Bommel. Basically every team applied a different strategy and there were some great results and matches.

Getting back to the story, I think that Raikan has a very strong team and strategy to start with. However in reality if the Seria A was made more harder to win, which is the case according to me, judging by the statistic of the league, I think he should be able just to get in to top 5 place.

This conversation made me think of starting a new safe with Milan, Inter or Juve and rule Europe with their resources and players.

I love your stories man they are great reads :) how do you get the shirts and the sponsorships or is that me being gullible? Keep it up!

I love your stories man they are great reads :) how do you get the shirts and the sponsorships or is that me being gullible? Keep it up!

Hey bud, I don't get anything lol, when the club announces a new sponsorship in game then I make one up and get Hermanchides to design my kits for me with the new sponsor I have chosen!

Hey bud, I don't get anything lol, when the club announces a new sponsorship in game then I make one up and get Hermanchides to design my kits for me with the new sponsor I have chosen!
As my friends would say, "God **** it Leroy" :L well that's still pretty cool mate! Can not wait for the next update!!

Back