Laffles 4-2-4. League Title 5 games to go!! 151 Goals-20 Conceded

So i have read through most of this thread, just got one question.

I use the classic version with my leicester team, but im conceding to many goals..

Think i shall rather use modern version?

This tactic gives you quite alot of offsides.. i get around 6-7 almost every game.

really liking this tactic as it shows how liverpool play in real life. Pass and move. Great tactic laffles!

So far not going well for my side. Have won title for past 4 years, using Il Devasto tactic. So it's basically same as yours but more attacking. Given the fact I was letting in a lot of goals I thought I would give this tactic a try. Unfortunately it has not been going well. I am using the TC version, set match prep to high and defensive positioning.

View attachment 195126

Pre-season was encouraging, won all but 1 game. But when it starts to count, I did not won any match so far and I also am letting in at least 1 goal/match. We are getting crushed, we barely have any chances and the opposition has tons of chances. This tactic does the opposite of what was promised so far.

When compared to last season this is terrible:

View attachment 195127

Note: the times I lost previous season were all in CL. In the league did not lost the first 25 games.

View attachment 195134

Couple games further in the game and as you can see, got a couple straight wins but very lucky to be honest. Than again 2 defeats.. Clearly something is wrong...? I have the same players as last year only changed tactic... I have over 16 goals against me, and I thought this tactic would allow me to score the same amount or a bit less goals than previous years but really strenghten my defends so I would not get so many goals against my team.. Very frustrating to say the least. And note that all these teams I lost to are **** teams. They are fighting against relegation while I am a title contender every year, in fact I won the title very year so far (4 times in a row, I won the supercup 4 times and the cup 1 time).. This is the worst season so far in my career..

I just can't believe everybody is having such great success with this tactic but I am not. lol

Update:

Just played another couple matches. I won both my CL matches... But I lost a ton more league matches. I am already over 10 points behind on the leaders. I can hardly believe anybody is able to get decent results with this tactic unless you have top players.

Last edited:
Just tried this tactic and for me it is absolutely usless :S. Not sure how everyone is doing so well with it.

havent got the saves anymore but ive won the prem with arsenal spurs and man utd using this tactic so its hardly useless
, took a few games for my teams to get used to but once they had i was battering teams left right and centre ...also won a few cups and CL with UTD. very good tactic !!! :D

Still preferring the old one

I still cannot get the TC version to work. With the old version, I can score a lot of goals - I also happen to concede a lot, but I win a lot of matches with results like 5-2, 4-1 and so on. When I try the TC version, I score really less goals, and my defenders look idiotic on defensive set pieces.
Anyway, great tactic, it brought my 6 Serie A titles and 5 consecutive Champions League with Udinese, without a single match replayed. This tactic is *gold*.

which one is the old one??

is that the modern one?

also wanted to add, if you are using the modern one is it required that the AML/AMR be set as adv PM??? can you change there roles to Wingers w/o hurting the team

Last edited:
first off, i cant make tactics, so ive given up...this is not a criticism, just some feedback.

im using the modern tactic...leaking goals all over the shop...always a huge gap between the def and mid...not creating that much.

im playing as san lorenzo, so not quite a **** team. Maybe this tactic is really for the big sides?...as the creator says in his OP bout winning titles/scoring goals with man u

plays some lovely football at times, but defensively, leaks like a sieve.

This tactics is still the most fantastic and effective...in FM 2012 too ;)

I have played this tactic for a full season.I have lost more than i have won.My defence is like a colander.Higginbotham-Shawcross-Huth-Wilkinson.

Hi there, I'm new here and I see that this thread has not been active for some time but I hope the op or somebody else could give me a pointer or two here..

I use this tactic with San Jose Earthquakes, which is an average side in the MLS. I've only played a few friendlies but it seems promising so far.. Now, my groundsman is asking me about the pitch size.. The pitch at the moment is a bit on the narrow side 102 m x 70 m. Correct me if I'm wrong but should I not ask him to widen the pitch, so as to get the best out of my wingers? (I play Bobby Convey on the left & Geovanni or Arturo Alvarez on the right)