Laffles 4-2-4. League Title 5 games to go!! 151 Goals-20 Conceded

Check it out at Man Utd gem.
Let me add that just finished Season 3 and the third time won Premiere League and the Champions League for the first time.
Last season was 17 points ahead of second place. Scored 94 goals, lost the 12th (30 wins, 7 draws, 1 defeat)
So, your tactics will have a hard task to beat my accomplishments.

Just downloaded your counter attacking one to give it a go, then realised it's pretty much identical to the one I use anyways.
Think I may have copied you subconsciously, although I tend to play a CM in a more perminant DCM role.

I'm using this tactic and it every game my assman tells me that there's a lot of space in between midfield and defense - and good teams look like exploiting that. Anyone know how I could fix this?

I noticed thebetterhalf recently called this one of the best tactics using a top team.

I still dont get how i couldnt get this tactic to work for me. That said im going to give this another try!

which tactic is the best..?? confusing between the clasic one or the modern one...which one ?

Hi, I am currently using this tactic and I am well pleased with results however I keep getting people sent off and have loads of bookings.

Can you please advise how this can be rectified as its annoying the **** out of me as players are unhappy with lack of discipline.

Thanks

Ade1976 i may be wrong about this but i find that players get unhappy with lack of discipline when you still praise your players when they have a bad game.

I wanted to ask.If I change the AML to an inside forward would it make a huge difference.I am playing as Leicester and next season(3rd season) Im am looking to change tactics completley from wingerless to a tactic with wingers.I have Krancjar on loan with a £3m clause which I will look to use so I was wondering if he could play a role in the tactic.Also this is my squad.As I said I havnt used wingers this season or last so I only really have 2 players that can play out wide but do you think with the addition of a couple of wide men that this squad would suit the tactic.
View attachment 192183
Also if I shouldnt change it to inside forward is there any other way I could use him in this tactic.Krancjar I mean.

I wanted to ask.If I change the AML to an inside forward would it make a huge difference.I am playing as Leicester and next season(3rd season) Im am looking to change tactics completley from wingerless to a tactic with wingers.I have Krancjar on loan with a £3m clause which I will look to use so I was wondering if he could play a role in the tactic.Also this is my squad.As I said I havnt used wingers this season or last so I only really have 2 players that can play out wide but do you think with the addition of a couple of wide men that this squad would suit the tactic.
View attachment 192183
Also if I shouldnt change it to inside forward is there any other way I could use him in this tactic.Krancjar I mean.

It wouldn't make any difference as the role is tweaked. He would do well in that role though.

Laffles, I got a question for you. Read through most of this thread and don't think I've seen anyone ask this question. I know preferred PPM's are different for each player and their play-style. However do you have any "general" recommendations for PPM's for certain roles?

I usually have some difficulty to determine what PPM's my players should train, if any.

Match prep?????

First ****** Page.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Laffles, I got a question for you. Read through most of this thread and don't think I've seen anyone ask this question. I know preferred PPM's are different for each player and their play-style. However do you have any "general" recommendations for PPM's for certain roles?

I usually have some difficulty to determine what PPM's my players should train, if any.

The Sensible ones for the position... If a player is set to cut inside then a PPM of Cut inside will help further whereas the hug touchline PPM will negate it. Just use common sense, it does work..

Laffles,

can you please answer my question.

Hi, I am currently using this tactic and I am well pleased with results however I keep getting people sent off and have loads of bookings.

Can you please advise how this can be rectified as its annoying the **** out of me as players are unhappy with lack of discipline.

Thanks

I would suggest toning down the tackling if you are getting cards. I have been waiting to go up 1-0 then changing tackling for wingers, strikers and sometimes fullbacks.

Upgraded TC Version has me with 4 wins on the trot so far with Atletico (3rd season in) including a 4-1 over Real Madrid. Thank you laffles.

Laffles,

can you please answer my question.

Thanks

Then discipline them! Make your players respect you! Try ths:

issue a warning for their first red card, 1 week fine for their second red card and so on.

Trust me it works!

Last edited:
First ****** Page.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------
Has it got blood on?

The Sensible ones for the position... If a player is set to cut inside then a PPM of Cut inside will help further whereas the hug touchline PPM will negate it. Just use common sense, it does work..

Can't add much to the thread other than, Thank you :wub: