Laffles Slick 4-5-1, Great Football, Phenominal Results

Here are my results so far with Lyon:

The tactic plays some nice, sexy football and keeps alot of possession, although it is not consistant enough with results. I feel the striker drops too deep at times and doesn't really contribute veru much, although I understand that part of his job is to pull the defenders out of position, he still doesn't do enough in matches for my liking. The fullbacks are a thing of beauty to watch, they always get good ratings and normally contribute to most goals. Lastly the inside forward play well, but noramlly when in or around the box they just pass the ball back and forth, instead of contributing to goals.

All in all a very good tactic, one of the best I have used in terms of beautiful football, although could do with improving it's consistancy.

Steve

My first try using this tactic was fabulous beating Sevilla at home by 8-0 (It could have been 11-0 if Kadlec didnt waste 3 opportunity in just 15 min of playing) Messi scoring 4 Goals and 2 Assists . On the other hand i didnt get the 100 passes for Xavi but he played pretty well scoring 1 and a assist

My first try using this tactic was fabulous beating Sevilla at home by 8-0 (It could have been 11-0 if Kadlec didnt waste 3 opportunity in just 15 min of playing) Messi scoring 4 Goals and 2 Assists . On the other hand i didnt get the 100 passes for Xavi but he played pretty well scoring 1 and a assist

With what patch was that PupperMaster?

Because im also managing Barca, and got just pounded hard by Porto...using patch 12.0.0

What's the trick for having so many passes?
Because u haven't set the players to really short passing nor having them run with the ball rarely..
Defending players are set to rarely and attacking ones to sometimes..
Thats preety good..
All the passing tactics i've seen have all the players set to rarely..
Is it the focus passing setting which is set to ''down both flanks''?
I thought since the playmaker is mcr, the ball will go to the flanks then back to the playmaker, therefore more ball movement and passes..
Anyway tell me the secret dude because that **** is crazy..:p

Last edited:
The secret is: The ball is moved patiently between flanks, therefore keeps moving through the midfield and increases everyones touches making more passes

laffles

Is match prep of 'Attacking Movement' vital? As currently I have my match prep assigned to my Assistant Manager, and he changes it up every so often?

Steve

laffles

Is match prep of 'Attacking Movement' vital? As currently I have my match prep assigned to my Assistant Manager, and he changes it up every so often?

Steve

Nah, wouldn't think it's that important :)

and no OI

The secret is: The ball is moved patiently between flanks, therefore keeps moving through the midfield and increases everyones touches making more passes

So basically like i said the ''down to both flanks'' setting?
I'll try it to one of my tactics to see results..

So basically like i said the ''down to both flanks'' setting?
I'll try it to one of my tactics to see results..

No, the passing setting, creative freedom, tempo and width all have an an effect on it..

laffles

Hows your results going with Burton?

I'm still using Lyon, football that is played is really good, but my results haven't been the best. So far in the League I have played 18 matches

WON - 10
DRAWN - 5
LOST - 3

GOALS FOR = 26
GOALS AGAINST = 11

Steve

laffles

Hows your results going with Burton?

I'm still using Lyon, football that is played is really good, but my results haven't been the best. So far in the League I have played 18 matches

WON - 10
DRAWN - 5
LOST - 3

GOALS FOR = 26
GOALS AGAINST = 11

Steve

I've played 18

Won 16
Drawn 1
Lost 1

Scored 38
Conceded 12

So not bad :p

No, the passing setting, creative freedom, tempo and width all have an an effect on it..

Off course, but all the other passing tactics have those settings too..
Yours gets the passing while allowing the players to run with the ball sometimes, and you dont even have the individual passing settings to the minimum (u know the shortest possible)..
Thats why i was trying to figure out the extra little something that does the trick..;)

??

Hi laffles,

This may sound a strange question to ask, but what ai tactic/formation does your setup hold most advantage over? Maybe flat 442?

Any formation that we can outnumber the midfield in tbh, plus any four man backline :)

Hey Laffles decided to start a Barcelona save with this tactic and so far my results have been different to yours. I lost the away leg of the Super Cup and so far have conceded atleast one goal in every game and my team struggled to score against Sporting. Its well worth pointing out the formation bar isn't full but is there anything I can do in the meantime? I'm 10 games into the season.

Laffles laffles laffles! This looks like a wonderful tactic! Only used it for 3 games so far (all wins, only marking bar is pretty empty) and i must say its been good to watch. Hope it only gets better! I have used other tactics but yours seems to give me the goals that i want! Kofloks goals galore never really got going for me and my main tactic this season (4th) was xenons 4231 cm & dm which was fairly consistent. However yours seems to have the flair and gets the best out of each player so far! Will report how it went at end of the season as i've only just hit january.
In a while crocodile!

Gonna check it out in my league of champions (top 20 teams in Europe :))

Hey Laffles decided to start a Barcelona save with this tactic and so far my results have been different to yours. I lost the away leg of the Super Cup and so far have conceded atleast one goal in every game and my team struggled to score against Sporting. Its well worth pointing out the formation bar isn't full but is there anything I can do in the meantime? I'm 10 games into the season.

Totally been there my friend...
But probably my issue was that i am playing with the original game version...i guess