Laffles Slick 4-5-1, Great Football, Phenominal Results

I had now my first game with this tactic and I had an amazing game. Fulham didn't even have a shot

View attachment 213491View attachment 213492

Montolivo has 98 passes. That's amazing because he usually had one of the lowest amount of passes in my squad. The result could have been even better but Suarez third goal was disallowed. I will keep this tactic for the rest of the season and show what will happen

Last edited:
laffles

Do you think you could make something as dominating as this in a 4-2-3-1 formation?

Steve

Looking forward to it mate. I have a few good AMC players at Lyon that I would like to see play in there natural position. How has your testing gone so far? Is it still as good at the back as this tactic?

Steve

Had my first game with this tactic. Lost 1-0, no shot on target from my team, no possesion, no nothing. I'll keep testing because the opponent was Real Madrid and the final result was thight.

2nd game against Shalke: lost 1-0, just 1 shot on target, no CCC, 52% possesion

3nd game against Koln: lost 1-0, NO SHOT AT ALL, NO CCC, no possesion

What can i say more ?

Last edited:
I didnt quite got results with it either, but match prep wasnt on full yet, will give it another shot with a better team.

Had my first game with this tactic. Lost 1-0, no shot on target from my team, no possesion, no nothing. I'll keep testing because the opponent was Real Madrid and the final result was thight.

2nd game against Shalke: lost 1-0, just 1 shot on target, no CCC, 52% possesion

3nd game against Koln: lost 1-0, NO SHOT AT ALL, NO CCC, no possesion

What can i say more ?

You must be someone **** or your lieing.....

Because Whatever team i've used this with (Barca, PSG, Burton, Inter, Doncaster, Benfica, Chelsea, Wigan, Schalke, Roda) I've had good possession, a good amount of shots EVERY GAME and always been solid at the back. Which it seems that you are seeing as you've only lost 1-0 each time..

I didnt quite got results with it either, but match prep wasnt on full yet, will give it another shot with a better team.

None of you are posting who you are testing with. Thats not exactly constructive for me. I know this isn't a tactic that can be used by every team straight off but it's great with the right team and with patience and preparation..

Looking forward to it mate. I have a few good AMC players at Lyon that I would like to see play in there natural position. How has your testing gone so far? Is it still as good at the back as this tactic?

Steve

All I've done is move the LCM into AM and pull the dm into LCM. I could've dropped the rcm into DM and upped his runs from deep to often :) it's been very solid. Good possession and slightly more goals though not quite as defensive.

4-2-3-1 CM's - Best Attacking, Good Possession, Decent Defense
4-2-3-1 DM's - Best Defensive, Good Attacking, Decent Possession
4-1-2-2-1 - Best Possession, Good Attacking, Good Defense

Thats how it's looking :)

I'm not lieng, believe me..that was my results with your tactic.

My team is 1860 Munchen, but i'm in 2014 and I have relatively good team. Won the title in front of Bayern last season.

I will play more games and keep you in touch..Next opponent is Mainz. Let's see :)

I'm not lieng, believe me..that was my results with your tactic.

My team is 1860 Munchen, but i'm in 2014 and I have relatively good team. Won the title in front of Bayern last season.

I will play more games and keep you in touch..Next opponent is Mainz. Let's see :)

Ok, as I said. You do need patience and perseverence with this tactic. I used an incredible Barca team and have used teams that have good passers. If I were you I'd play your best passers. For most of my Barca game I used Iniesta as my LW to increase my creativity and passing though he wasn't nescessarily my best LW (Villa is)

I'm liking this tactic so far, shame my team can't finish tho :(

I've only played about 10 or so games with it, but it seems very good and I get a lot of chances, but when playing with Mansfield in league 2 you don't have the best of forwards lol.

Top stuff bud.

I tested it with Lech Poznan, which, admittedly doesnt have many great players, if any. Just started a new save with Man United and lets see how it goes. :)

edit: who would u play on left flank, i was going to buy hulk but now that i've read your last post im thinking about gotze

Last edited:
Gotze, Hamsik, Iniesta, Silva, Rooney anyone like that :)

Sold Rooney, dont like the guy. :) Will use the money to buy Gotze.

i'm struggling with my newcastle team.. it works for home matches but it doest work away from home.. you need to have a good playmaker.. i'm using Jali and i think he cant handle the pressure on away matches

Sorry to say mate, but it just doesnt work for me. Tried it with **** team, tried it with great team. The only times i have dominated was against crappy opposition at home games. Against stronger teams and/or away from home team really struggles to creat any decent chances. Pretty much 75% goals i scored came from either free kicks or corners. It does look solid defensively and possession wise but thats about it.

It looks good so far, drew twice against Barca with Chelsea, beat Liverpool 1-0 and QPR 2-1. I think the prob with this is that i'm conceding too many goals from set pieces. Out of the 5 goals i conceded, 4 were from set pieces.. Other than that it looks good.

Ok, so trying it again. This time started from pre-season. The team is again 1860 Munchen in 2015-2016.

Hope this time will work :)

Edit: Ok, that's ****.
Lost 1-0 against Aue (newly promoted) and now Furth leads me 1-0.

I'm sorry laffles, but this tactic is no good for me.

Last edited: