• Steven Gerrard

Votes: 42 45.7%
  • Both are the same

Votes: 15 16.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lampard this year, prob bout equal ability imo. Both are different players.
Not that it makes a difference for England as stevie g will be captain at world cup so will definately play.

Also. Lampard has always been better. Gerrard stands out - when in form - as Liverpool have maybe 2/3 other stand out players, whereas at Chelsea, there are others stealing spotlight. Lampard is always scoring 15+ goals, in recent years 20+, as well as more assists than any other premier league player. He is also the 5th highest goal scorer in premier league history, and 2nd highest in making goals (behind Giggs, who has played for twice as long).

At the end of the day, all that matters for Lampard/Gerrard type players is scoring and making goals. Therefore, Lampard is a better player by some distance.

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Lampard this year, prob bout equal ability imo. Both are different players.
Not that it makes a difference for England as stevie g will be captain at world cup so will definately play.

Capello isn't flexible enough. Rooney and Gerrard fit into his prefered formation and style of player better than Lampard, but when you have players like Lampard too, you need to fit them into it if you want to win the world cup.

We're not going to win the world cup, as much as I'd love it, od course.
Simply because only Rooney will perform. Maybe Gerrard. Lampard won't because of the tactics, and our defence is poor.

Lampard. It's not even a question. More goals, more assists. They're they only things that matter.

It is a question,that's why the thread was made? oO)

But you may always say this because you're a Chelsea fan.

Had he stuck with West Ham or gone to Arsenal or even Manchester United,then I'm sure that quite a few people's opinions would have changed.

It is a question,that's why the thread was made? oO)

But you may always say this because you're a Chelsea fan.

Had he stuck with West Ham or gone to Arsenal or even Manchester United,then I'm sure that quite a few people's opinions would have changed.

If he moved to any other club than Chelsea, he'd get the recognition he deserves.
If you play for Chelsea, you're hated, simple.
You say I'm just saying it because I'm a Chelsea fan, I could say, you're saying it because you hate Chelsea.

If he moved to any other club than Chelsea, he'd get the recognition he deserves.
You say I'm just saying it because I'm a Chelsea fan, I could say, you're saying it because you hate Chelsea.

but i hate Chelsea and Liverpool lol i still say Gerrard is better :)

Ok,fair enough point.

In short, Gerrard is the better all round player of the two but Lampard is the more effective player.

I'd much rather have Lampard in my team over Gerrard. Scores more, creates more, more consistant, never injured.

Simple.

Very difficult... Lampard is a better controlling midfielder for me -- as in he can dictate the pace of a game better. His all-round game is excellent too. Though Stevie Gerrard, when pushed further forward or given a licence to attack is ****** immense. In terms of England, I'd play Lampard in the middle of midfield and give Gerrard a free-role to link with Rooney.

This is what it is anyway. It doesn't work for Lampard.

We need a 4-1-4-1 formation rather than 4-2-3-1.

In short, Gerrard is the better all round player of the two but Lampard is the more effective player.

I'd much rather have Lampard in my team over Gerrard. Scores more, creates more, more consistant, never injured.

Simple.
this. gerrard is more direct, but lampard is better for retaining possession.

Both better at different things. Lamps obvs scores more goals (tho most are pens which is misleading) and has more assists but I think overall Gerrard is better. This season Lampard has defo been better but I still stand by my eariler point. This season Gerrard hasn't been able to play like Lampard and get forward as much because Gerrard has to come deep to get the ball because there is no Alonso to give it to him. 1 way of seeing which one is better is by saying which would be missed more. Would Chelsea miss Lampard more than Liverpool would miss Gerrard? I think Liverpool would miss Gerrard more than Chelsea would miss Lampard.

Both better at different things. Lamps obvs scores more goals (tho most are pens which is misleading) and has more assists but I think overall Gerrard is better. This season Lampard has defo been better but I still stand by my eariler point. This season Gerrard hasn't been able to play like Lampard and get forward as much because Gerrard has to come deep to get the ball because there is no Alonso to give it to him. 1 way of seeing which one is better is by saying which would be missed more. Would Chelsea miss Lampard more than Liverpool would miss Gerrard? I think Liverpool would miss Gerrard more than Chelsea would miss Lampard.

Most are not pens. 19 out of 129 in the premier league.
And why would that be misleading?

They are both pretty decent at Club level, however Gerrard is way more effective for England,
Based on this season is Frank Lampard hands down this year

alright my bad about what I said about penalties. I was just saying if most of his goals came from penalties then his scoring stats would be misleading. Mr Chelsea could I ask where you got that info from? I'm not saying I don't believe you I'm just interested. From my previous point Lampard is able to stay forward more so I believe that's why he scores more than Gerrard

alright my bad about what I said about penalties. I was just saying if most of his goals came from penalties then his scoring stats would be misleading. Mr Chelsea could I ask where you got that info from? I'm not saying I don't believe you I'm just interested. From my previous point Lampard is able to stay forward more so I believe that's why he scores more than Gerrard

I got his goals from the premier league website, and I heard a commentator say 19 out of 21 penalties scored in the premier league in England v Japan when he stepped up for a penalty. Actually I think that's his overall record. Not sure.

This season, Lampard.
Over the last 10 or so seasons Gerrard.
Gerrard has more about him in my opinion. More versatile and adds more to a team than Lampard. He does what Lampard does, and more. Although he doesn't do what Lampard does as effectively. Both great players but I prefer Gerrard, I may be biased ;)

I support United and still think Carrick is useless! :O He doesn't compare to Lampard or Gerrard.

Anyway back to the question, I think Lampard is a better player. He's the best goalscoring central midfielder on the planet in my opinion and probably second or third best centre mid in the world, Xavi being number 1.

Xavi is more of a playmaker who hardly scores while Lampard is more of an attacking midfilder who loves to get forward instead of dictating play

Gotta say i despise Mr Fatty Frank Hit-and-hope Lampard

Gerrards a player i do respect, even though i had to endure all my friends sending pics of him kissing the oldtrafford cameras >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.