Votes: 15 16.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lampard for the past 5 years.
Gerrard for anything before that.

Goals

I mean, what else do you want from Lampard? He has scored what, 100 goals in 5 seasons? 20 a season? I don't think its even worth looking up the goal scoring record for Gerrard because although he can score amazing goals, he cannot score as many as Lampard. Also, both these players cannot be compared on penalties, a goal is a goal.

Assists

Lampard again. Although he plays a more attacking role, he has a lot more assists than Gerrard that I know of. Shows pure class in attacking.

Defending

Gerrard this time. This guy can tackle almost as good as someone like Essien.. Lampard can make some pretty good challenges, but is usualy too far up the field to track back and tackle a striker, which is what Gerrard is seen to do week in and out.

Playing International

Lampard has had close to 80 appearances and has scored 20 goals, Gerrard has had more than 80 appearances and scored.. 16. Lampard seems to outplay Gerrard in any England game I watch.

Overview

Very different players.. It's a bit like comparing Sneijder and Cambiasso, in a way.. Cambiasso has some great goals and assists in him.. but wants to keep the team organized, and smash some tackles in. Lampard can be said to be like Sneijder, track back only when he loses the ball and make the team rush foward and lead the attack. Lampard plays better for country, which matters a lot.. Gerrard seems to come up when needed though, and seems to have almost every stat go against him when up against Lamps... then again, ever heard of an impact player?

My winner - Lampard.

Lampard for the past 5 years.
Gerrard for anything before that.

Goals

I mean, what else do you want from Lampard? He has scored what, 100 goals in 5 seasons? 20 a season? I don't think its even worth looking up the goal scoring record for Gerrard because although he can score amazing goals, he cannot score as many as Lampard. Also, both these players cannot be compared on penalties, a goal is a goal.

Assists

Lampard again. Although he plays a more attacking role, he has a lot more assists than Gerrard that I know of. Shows pure class in attacking.

Defending

Gerrard this time. This guy can tackle almost as good as someone like Essien.. Lampard can make some pretty good challenges, but is usualy too far up the field to track back and tackle a striker, which is what Gerrard is seen to do week in and out.

Playing International

Lampard has had close to 80 appearances and has scored 20 goals, Gerrard has had more than 80 appearances and scored.. 16. Lampard seems to outplay Gerrard in any England game I watch.

Overview

Very different players.. It's a bit like comparing Sneijder and Cambiasso, in a way.. Cambiasso has some great goals and assists in him.. but wants to keep the team organized, and smash some tackles in. Lampard can be said to be like Sneijder, track back only when he loses the ball and make the team rush foward and lead the attack. Lampard plays better for country, which matters a lot.. Gerrard seems to come up when needed though, and seems to have almost every stat go against him when up against Lamps... then again, ever heard of an impact player?

My winner - Lampard.

I agree with most of that except for the bit about it's like comparing Sneijder and Cambiasso, it's nothing like that.

Lampard. He's never injured and you can always count on him to play 90 minutes, hes consistent every season scores 20+ goals. Gerrard just shines more because he plays for Liverpool where he's 1 of 2 stars on a team but Lampard shines on a great team all-round.

Goals
Lampard

Assists
Lampard

Club
Gerrard - Do what you like. Set up goals, score goals. You're out best player so have the freedom to do as you please.

Lampard - Get forward. Create chances for yourself, create chances for others. Arrive late in opponent's area, but remember, you're a CM.

International
Gerrard - Same as club.

Lampard - The team is based around Rooney, Gerrard and Barry, so you have to be a holding midfielder and are restricted when getting forward.

Conclusion
Gerrard - More international apps., less goals than Lamps. 'More valuable player'. Less club apps., less goals and assists.

Lampard - Less int. apps., more goals the Stevie. 'Less valuable player'. More club apps., more goals and assists.

Therefore Lampard is better.

Very difficult... Lampard is a better controlling midfielder for me -- as in he can dictate the pace of a game better. His all-round game is excellent too. Though Stevie Gerrard, when pushed further forward or given a licence to attack is ****** immense. In terms of England, I'd play Lampard in the middle of midfield and give Gerrard a free-role to link with Rooney.
This is what it is anyway. It doesn't work for Lampard.
We need a 4-1-4-1 formation rather than 4-2-3-1.

No it isn't Mr Chelsea -- in the last 14 England games (at least -- could be even more than that) Gerrard and Rooney have NOT started upfront together. The main forward combinations have been Heskey & Rooney or Crouch & Rooney.

But back to Lampard & Gerrard -- they're both great players, but they perform different roles so it's difficult to compare. Gerrard is more versatile though as he has played numerous positions for both club and country. Think the question should be 'Who would you rather in your team?' instead of 'Who is better?'

I think they're both great at what they do.

A lot of bias in this thread, Gerrard by a mile

I feel Stevie G is better. You can't base ratings all on 1 season. Gerrard should always be England captain. And mate in your OP do myou wanna talk Lampard up anymore.?

I love Stevie G and his scouse accent, but after the season Lampard has had, i have to say Fat Frank, except i'm tempted not to, in case Gerrard feels the need to punch me in a drunken stupour (6)

Im a man united fan and i say...LAMPARD is better

because its simple gerrard is not even good enough to be the best player at a 7th place team. torres is.
lampard team won the prem and he was like 2nd best for them if not 1st because of what he does off the ball and his passing is good.

lampard more of a controlled composed player where gerrard tries to attack more and leave big gaps and that why liverpool concede alot and the same will happen if gerrard plays in south africa.believe me he shouldn't play for england!

Im a man united fan and i say...LAMPARD is better

because its simple gerrard is not even good enough to be the best player at a 7th place team. torres is.
lampard team won the prem and he was like 2nd best for them if not 1st because of what he does off the ball and his passing is good.

lampard more of a controlled composed player where gerrard tries to attack more and leave big gaps and that why liverpool concede alot and the same will happen if gerrard plays in south africa.believe me he shouldn't play for england!

you really are retarded aren't you? I'm sorry but you cannot say Gerrard shouldn't be an England player because of one off season, he's still class and Lampard has 10 other quality players beside him, Gerrard at level imo has 2 or 3. Having so many other good players helps individuals to perform better, and Gerrard is not used to the deep, defensive role but fills it better than Lampard, because they have different systems at Liverpool and Chelsea. And your point about Torres being the best player in Liverpool, SO? Torres is immense, Lampard is possibly not Chelsea's best player, Drogba maybe is.

This thread reeks of bias. Gerrard for me, you can chirp on and on about Lampards goals and assists, but imo he does **** all else. A tad lazy, never chasing back, while Gerrard still manages to score goals, and creat goals at an average club.
Gerrard for me. :)

i think both players are amazing and arguebly the two best centre mids in the premier league and both are amazing players in their own ways

I agree with most of that except for the bit about it's like comparing Sneijder and Cambiasso, it's nothing like that.

Mm, yeah.. I did kind of pull those names out of the Inter hat. I suppose you don't get hardly any players like Gerrard or Lampard, they are just exceptional in all areas.. Rather have Lampard and Gerrard than Kaka and C.Ronaldo.. Anyone else agree?

This thread reeks of bias. Gerrard for me, you can chirp on and on about Lampards goals and assists, but imo he does **** all else. A tad lazy, never chasing back, while Gerrard still manages to score goals, and creat goals at an average club.
Gerrard for me. :)
1) he does track back a fair bit
2) its not his role for chelsea to even do it. his role is to score consistently. that is for mikel and essien ( or whoever is playing instead of them)

you talk about bias then you say that

I feel Stevie G is better. You can't base ratings all on 1 season. Gerrard should always be England captain. And mate in your OP do myou wanna talk Lampard up anymore.?

Mate i was not talking Lampard up I was givving some stats on how they both had performed this season maybe i was a little bias but I am a chelsea fan...

Lampard better I think. Don't know how to explain it tho ^^)

Lampard is really consistent but I guess they play different roles for their clubs and countries so maybe u cant compare them

sorry to bring this back up again but after just listening to a podcast i have had enough with this bollocks. This line "unlike Gerrard, Lampard has never won a game for Chelsea almost single handedly".

[video=youtube;8OX4yGfDWbc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OX4yGfDWbc&feature=related[/video]

All this talk about Lampard's England career is finished but Gerrard's isent is *****. Yes Lampard has lost a little of his game due to age but Gerrard is an explosive midfielder who may have lost his explosiveness to to age and fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.