Last Striker Standing 2018 - TEAM UPDATES!

Two poor seasons for Loki doesn't bode well for the young Dane. A move away from Monaco is needed 27 games in the season is not enough (although his goal return has improved). Lets hope either a transfer or full season load is given next season otherwise it will be curtains.

Another golden boot, league title and adding internation goals to Brane Ormso's game. Fingers crossed he keeps this up and doesn't get injured or something.

You and me both, normally it's Man City where players go to die in BAPs but I guess this year it they have been joined by Monaco. :(

I think im on my death bed boys!

Can't wait to see players who have now gone. I must be doing something right to be worth 101 million

Schwarz is on fire! More games and he'll challenge for #1!

Barry Batsbak, you pathetic loser. Valued the lowest and eliminated after the first round. You should be ashamed of yourself!

1. Brane Ormso – 50 Games, 36 Goals, 3 Assists, 15 International Goals – 207 Points
How is this for dominant? Last season Brane recorded an incredible 177 points while winning the season by 45 points . . . this year he’s finished with 207 incredible points while finishing above second place by 44 points. At this point the real question seems to be who will finish in second place after this is all said and done. And oh by the way, his 29 league goals helped him to a third consecutive EPL Top Scorer award, joining an exclusive club of just Thierry Henry and Alan Shearer as the only three players to win the EPL Top Scorer 3 years in a row. However, there is trouble in paradise; Arsenal finished outside of the champions league spots and rumor is Brane is actively seeking a move to a champions league team. Only real disappointment will have been bouncing out in the Round of 16 of the Euro to the Netherlands on a PK shootout, Brane did however score 3 goals at the tournament before England’s premature elimination.
View attachment 71184

2. Simon Medina – 48 Games, 37 Goals, 9 Assists, 2 International Goals -163 Points
Simon showed us another part of his game this season; he showed us his elite goal scoring instincts. Not only did Simon finish as the top scorer in all of Germany with 29 goals, he finished with the European Golden Shoe as the top scorer in all of Europe. However, RBL failed to win the league and although they finished second . . . things got ugly. Simon was fed up with the teams’ performances in the Champions league and after a second straight elimination in the first round of the prestigious competition, Simon decided to speak out. RBL initially refused to cave in to his demands and initially stripped him of his vice captaincy. Things continued to sour but Simon eventually won and got a 115 million move to Atletico Madrid, which reunites him with former teammate, Miguel Palmer after only a year apart. Interestingly, Atletico has now spent 245 million in two years to secure Leipzig’s two biggest attacking talents, similar to what Barcelona did with Liverpool. Simon has now moved around for a combined total of 230 million in his short career but has lived up to the price tag everywhere he’s went so far. Can he continue to do so?
View attachment 71183

3. Sven Jensen – 59 Games, 29 Goals, 10 Assists, 6 International Goals – 150 Points
Another great season for a player that is quickly establishing himself as a Tottenham legend. However, still yet to win any major trophies with the team and will look to change that soon. Unfortunately Denmark was not able to build on that surprise trip to the World Cup quarterfinals as they bounced out in the second round of the Euros.
View attachment 71182

4. Daniel Porter – 58 Games, 25 Goals, 8 Assists, 8 International Goals – 140 Points
What a season Daniel Porter had, by far the best season when it comes to team accomplishments. Won a weak treble but still a treble with Chelsea as they won the Premiere league, league cup and the champions league in what was an incredible year. Unfortunately could not bring that luck to the England Euros campaign as they crashed out in the second round and Daniel failed to record a goal at the tournament. But I think the club trophies more than make up for that.
View attachment 71181

5. Kono Yukinari – 57 Games, 30 Goals, 6 Assists, 3 International Goals – 138 Points
Huge break out year for Kono as he finally banged in the goals at the rate his skillset suggests he should. Also won the Euro Cup with Liverpool. With continued improvement in the goal-scoring department could Kono potentially upset the cart and win the competition?
View attachment 71180

6. Arnold Schwarz – 46 Games, 28 Goals, 4 Assists, 4 International Goals – 132 Points
The former favorite and golden boy continues to score and silently build momentum. Bit of a breakout year for City but continues to share playing time with Shane Tracz. Will be disappointed that the only trophy City was able to win was the FA Cup and that Austria couldn’t make it out of the group stage of the Euros.
View attachment 71179

7. Shane Tracz – 34 Games, 18 Goals, 2 Assists, 13 International Goals – 126 Points
If I told you that a competitor only played 34 games of which 13 came off the bench this late in the competition, you would think that guy would be headed for elimination . . . but Shane scores at such an incredible rate that nothing seems to stop him for surviving. The 18 club goals were impressive in such few game but what about the 13 international goals in just 7 games? Or the 4 Euro goals to finish as the second top scorer at a tournament where his team didn’t even make it past the round of 16? The kid continues to score and should be among the favorites despite struggling for playing time at the moment.
View attachment 71178

8. Dickie Davies – 46 Games, 17 Goals, 1 Assist, 9 International Goals – 105 Points
Solid season for a guy who is arguably one of three world-class strikers at his club. Continues to bang in the goals for South Korea but will need to improve his Tottenham form if he aims to survive past next season let alone win the competition.
View attachment 71177

9. Loki Thorsson – 50 Games, 18 Goals, 9 Assists, 5 International Goals – 83 Points
Finally got the games for Monaco and survived by the skin of his teeth. The real problem is that his club goals are only worth 3 points but with Barcelona interested in his services, could that be the move he needs? Will be happy to have survived for another season but will be disappointed to not have made an impact at the Euros as Denmark lost in the Round of 16 to Belgium, the eventual champions.
View attachment 71176

10. Rasmus Nybo – 25 Games, 8 Goals, 3 Assists, 11 International Goals – 79 Points
You have to feel for Rasmus, you really do. First, he was prompt for increased playing time with Atletico Madrid but they ultimately decided to bring in former competitor, Miguel Palmer for 130 million. Second, he did what he could with the little playing time he received and thirdly, he almost overcame all of this because of his incredible international form that saw him lead Norway to a shocking semi final appearance at the Euros as he finished as the top scorer in the whole tournament with 5 goals in 6 games. If it’s any consolation, Rasmus ends his competition with a nod to the Euro team of the tournament and a golden shoe to go with it.
View attachment 71175

11. Edan Laffoley – 42 Games, 19 Goals, 3 Assist – 79 Points
The Porter curse ultimately resulted in Laffoley’s elimination. Another incredible season for Leicester but at this stage in the competition, international goals are a huge commodity and unfortunately for Edan, he continues to be overlooked by England. Doesn’t help that he’s an international for a country with arguably the best strike force in the world.
View attachment 71174

Miguel Palmer – 57 Games, 36 Goals, 1 Assist, 5 International Goals
What a player Miguel has become since his untimely elimination. Has become arguably the best striker in the world since he left and recently moved to Atletico Madrid for what would have been an LSS Transfer Record. Not to mention an incredible debut season that saw him grab 36 goals and indirectly cause the elimination of Rasmus Nybo. Has also collected top scorers in both La Liga and the Bundesliga to go with his European Golden Shoe.
View attachment 71173

Barry Bigong – 40 Games, 12 Goals, 3 Assists, 6 International Goals
Barry is finally starting to make a career for himself after leaving Arsenal for West ham a couple seasons back. Had two solid seasons for West Ham, including leading the club back to the premiere league in his first season. His potential career changing moment came in this summer’s Euros, he was exceptional and his two goals led Wales to the quarterfinals. Used the tournament as a showcase and got a 54 million dollar move to Leicester soon after. With Barry, Leicester hope they finally have help for Edan and a replacement for Daniel Porter.
View attachment 71172

Hugo Caldeira – 33 Games, 13 Goals, 3 Assists
Got a move to Leipzig as their replacement for a potential Miguel Palmer exit but was largely ineffective after only getting 4 appearances in his debut season. Was a little better this last season but his 13 goals were a long way from replacing the 32 they got from Palmer the season before, however with Simon Medina leaving can Hugo become the man for Leipzig? He’ll need to be to save his international career after two underwhelming seasons in a row have seen him lose his starting role for Portugal.
View attachment 71171

Papa Yeboah – 44 Games, 12 Goals, 1 Assist
Has not played at any higher international level than the U19’s for England, has never scored more than 12 goals in a season, has scored less than 10 goals in 6 of his 7 professional seasons so far and averages about 8 goals a season. Positives are Yeboah is rarely hurt and has played 114 of a possible 114 games in his last three years with Burnley in the premiere league. Yeboah is still only 24 and maybe Burnley didn’t develop his talent as well as they should have so a potential move to Norwich could provide answers and a potential revival for Yeboah’s career.
View attachment 71170

Holdma Deek – 39 Games, 13 Goals, 1 Assist, 7 International Goals
Deek has become a bit of a mercenary in his career and has played for no less than 7 clubs in his 7 seasons ranging from Reus in the second division to European giants, PSG. Although a PSG player for the last 5 years, Deek has spent a majority of his time out on loan including back-to-back successful spells at Torino and Roma that have seen him score 25 goals in 58 league games. Seems fed up with his playing time at the capital of France and is rumored to be looking for a way out.
View attachment 71169

Jensen Norgaard – 32 Games, 6 Goals, 3 Assists
Should be rewarded for his loyalty to Arsenal and the coaching staff seem to agree as the 32 games played last season are the most he’s ever had for the club although 18 of those games came as a substitute. Enjoyed his best season the year before that saw him grab 12 goals in 28 games. However, Arsenal are yet to win anything since Jensen joined in the summer of 2018. Still yet to play for the English national team and the smarter move might be switching to the Norwegian setup but is very cautious of making that move too soon and potentially later regretting it similar to Wilfried Zaha a decade back. However, with Brane Ormso potentially exiting the club soon, could that be the luck Norgaard needs to step up at the club and international level?
View attachment 71168

Barry Batsbatk – 28 Games, 4 Goals, 1 Assist
Barry is a bit of an anomaly. His highest scoring season was the 9 he had in his first season at Cambridge, yet someway he has managed to play 10 games for the 13th​ ranked Dutch national team. Barry continues his stay at Everton and has seen his playing time and importance steadily increase every season. Barry’s career could head anywhere and it’ll be interesting to see where it goes.
View attachment 71167

Yeah I Got 13 Goals And Finaly Put More Goals That Last Season I Hope I Dont Ruin My Career And My Starting Spot Is Risk If Simon Medina Stays I Very ******

Very happy with how the season went.
But if im to challenge for the win then i need to be getting regular first team football, hopefully ive shown man city what i can do and they will get me starting more games.

Don't know what to say about my alter ego Brane Ormso other than wow. Another golden boot and a good showing for England.

Surely with my record i'll have some of the big boys coming after my signature if I do leave Arsenal. Although Arsenal have been good for me think I need to be in the Champions League if I'm going to keep my place at the top.

Surely with my record i'll have some of the big boys coming after my signature if I do leave Arsenal. Although Arsenal have been good for me think I need to be in the Champions League if I'm going to keep my place at the top.

Ill happily be part of a swap deal mate,
Ill take first team football at arsenal over supersub at man city.

Great to see Kono finally kick on at Liverpool and start realising his true potential!

Although, if he doesn't start to improve on his 12 finishing I can't see him being clinical enough in front of goal to win this.

How is Loki hanging on 3 seasons of just managing to escape elimination is either pure skill (unlikely) or he is just plain lucky. Hopefully a move away from France (preferably to one of the bigger leagues) will see him move back up the table. However, don't be surprised if the Norse Trickster has a thing or two up his sleeve for the rest of the competition.....

Ill happily be part of a swap deal mate,
Ill take first team football at arsenal over supersub at man city.

That's my concern, move away from Arsenal where he's number 1 striker and struggle for game time/adapt to new league/country

SEASON 8 UPDATE

1. Daniel Porter – 59 Games, 31 Goals, 9 Assists, 12 International Goals – 181 Points
Oh boy have we got a race on our hands! From silently competing, Daniel Porter has come in with a shout and is peaking at the perfect time. Daniel had arguably the greatest LSS season of all time in consideration of club and individual success. Along with his 43 total goals, Daniel led Chelsea to a quintuple of the Champions League, FA Cup and Premier League, League Cup and the Club World Cup! 5 TROPHIES IN ONE SEASON! That makes it 8 trophies in the last two seasons for Daniel as he is starring for one of the greatest club teams of all time. Daniel was also named the third best player in Europe and the Premier League player of the year! What a season!

2. Arnold Schwarz – 54 Games, 25 Goals, 4 Assists, 10 International Goals – 144 Points
Another solid season for the former golden boy who finished as the second top scorer in the premier league and is currently preferred over Shane on the team sheet. With his club and international form, anything is possible.

3. Kono Yukinari – 48 Games, 22 Goals, 3 Assists, 13 International Goals – 143 Points
Storming season for Kono for club and country did all he could for a Liverpool side that had a disappointing season. Now looking to leave in the summer for a team playing in the Champions League. Will he get his move?

4. Sven Jensen – 51 Games, 24 Goals, 7 Assists, 10 International Goals – 143 Points
Another great season for Tottenham and the best teams in the world are finally starting to take notice as Real Madrid are rumored to be planning a move for the striker. Will be a bit sad if he leaves though, that will mean a trophy-less 6 seasons for the Spurs.

5. Brane Ormso – 52 Games, 31 Goals, 8 Assists, 1 International Goal – 136 Points
A disappointing season by his very high standards. Last season’s leader fell all the way to 5th​ place. The goals were there for his club team as he managed an unprecedented 4th​ season in a row as the premier league top scorer but he could only manage 1 international goal through the season which is a bit of a concern considering Porter and Tracz managed 19 Goals for England during that span. Can Brane bounce back to his best?

6. Simon Medina – 51 Games, 24 Goals, 14 Assists, 5 International Goals – 130 Points
Phenomenal season for Simon and Atletico Madrid as he led Atletico to the La Liga trophy while he finished as the league player of the year and the second top scorer. The real trophy though was Simon securing the Ballon d’Or as the World’s best player for 2024!!! The first Ballon d’Or we’ve had with the competition!!!

7. Dickie Davies – 55 Games, 16 Goals, 5 Assists, 9 International Goals – 105 Points
Dickie might need to find a new club if he hopes to win the competition. Does well for South Korea but it no longer seems to be enough as he continues to falter for Tottenham. Hoe much longer can Dickie Davies escape elimination?

8. Loki Thorsson – 50 Games, 29 Goals, 6 Assists – 93 Points
Was having a phenomenal season for Monaco before he pulled a Mbappe in the January transfer window when he signed for PSG on a LSS 151 million transfer! Continued the form at PSG and finished with 29 goals on the year. Was however disappointing on international level and it almost cost him along with the fact that Ligue 1 goals are only worth 3 points each. With Mbappe and Neymar still at PSG, is Loki the man they needed to dominate European football? Will Loki recover at international level? And how long can Loki continue to barely avoid elimination?

9. Shane Tracz – 40 Games, 15 Goals, 4 Assists, 7 International Goals – 92 Points
Shocking elimination for Shane here. At first view 40 games seems enough to survive until you consider the fact that 16 of those appearances came off the bench. Arnold Schwarz’s club form ultimately cost Shane but he almost saved himself due to his sensational international form. Will be gutted to have only lost by 1 point.

Noooooooooooo!
I knew man city would be the death of me. Hopefully i can get out from there and have a decent career.
Good luck guys.

Once again Loki hangs on by the skin of his teeth! This guy must truly be the son of a Norse God to have this much luck.

Shame he didn't get a move to a bigger league as now he is going to be really up against it. However, if he can get back his international form he will be around for a while yet..... Davies must be surely getting worried that he will be the next to fall to Loki's spell.