Lazio - Cose suono sofisticano in italiano

ninjaskill

Reaction score
Lazio have been quite consistently in the Serie A but, have got very few trophies to show for it two Serie A's a European cup winners cup and 6 Italian cups. My goal will be to add as much as possible to all of those totals.

View attachment 159008
A Quick History of Lazio

Lazio are a sports society that have over 40 different sports teams the most famous one and the one I will be controlling is the football team. Founded on January 9, 1900 they lost three different national championship finals between 1913 and 1923. In 1927 they were the only major team to refuse Mussolini in becoming one of many teams becoming A.S. Roma. They managed a second place finish in 1937 before finally winning a trophy in 1958, the Italian Cup. They then won a Serie A in 1974 but, bounced between the Serie B and A for a while until big investment in 1992 helped them to more success 1 Serie A, one Cup Winners Cup and 5 Italian Cups and for a while a world record transfer fee. Hopefully I can add to that list.

As a result of a third place finish last year they are in the Champions League Qualifying rounds.

Key Players

Stefan De Vrij
View attachment 159007
A strong centre back and a young one he should be. He is a very good player and can still get even better while still being at the club.

View attachment 159006
A simple response

[video=youtube;0cgbZqR2AGI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cgbZqR2AGI[/video]

A number of bids came in for him mainly from Manchester United but, I rejected them all and he seems more than happy to stay as it stands.

Lucas Biglia
View attachment 159005A talented CM who should be able to run the midfield for us and oh...

View attachment 159004
well that will be rejected

View attachment 159001
And he was unhappy as he wanted the extra money PSG could offer and it was impossible for me to change his mind.

View attachment 158998
He is off to €27,000,000. So then key player number two is...

Marco Parolo
View attachment 158997The thirty year old Italian CM is a very good player with 11 caps for Italy a number of very good attributes he is a good player and will hopefully dictate play from midfield in the way that Biglia would have. Importantly he is happy to stay at the club and no one wants to sign him.

Antonio Candreva
View attachment 158996A very talented right winger he is closing in on 30 caps for Italy he should hold down the wide spots for the next few years until Balde Keita is ready to take over from him.

Felipe Anderson
View attachment 158995
A supremely talented winger who has a cap for Brazil he was key to Lazio finishing third last season he should hold down the spot for the next decade. He can play on either wing but, will mainly be on the left opposite Candreva.

Budgets and Expectations
View attachment 158994A decent budget for the season especially when the loss of Biglia's wages and the gaining of his transfer fee means I have quite a decent budget to play with.

Transfer Overview

The biggest outgoing has been covered but, I still made a number of changes and tried to keep my signings young as the squad is quite old.

Transfer Outgoings

Despite a number of bids for De Vrij he will stay interest was also reported in Candreva and Anderson, Real Madrid and Manchester City respectively, but no bids came in. The big outgoing of Biglia has already been covered.

Abdoulay Konko
View attachment 158993
An ageing thirty two year old back up I am more than happy to let him move on for 1.2 million euros and not having to pay his wages. He returns to France to join Lorient.

Edson Braafheid
View attachment 158992Basically the same as above and old back up and I would rather not pay his wages so he moves to Basel for a million euros.

Miroslav Klose
View attachment 158991He initially was unhappy with me for rejecting a bid from Dortmund as it was his "dream to play in Germany" and I was willing to let him move on. In the end he moved to Chelsea for 2 million euros though I can't blame him as they almost doubled his wages and he is 37.

Santiago Gentiletti
View attachment 158990When I saw I had a bid on deadline day after lots of Candreva to Madrid speculation I was pleased to see it wasn't for him. I had no plans to sell Gentiletti but, with the offer I could spend less on a younger replacement who would also cost less in wages so decided to let him go to Porto.

Ravel Morrison left on loan to Sunderland and Guerreri to L'Aquila where both can hopefully get some first team football.

Incoming Transfers

With a decent budget and a number of sales I had a decent amount to spend and spend it I did.

Armando Izzo
View attachment 158987
The first signing was a back up Italian centre back from Genoa. You know what they say when in Rome... Izzo will be a decent back up and set us back €5.5 million he may still improve a bit but, at 23 it is unlikely.

View attachment 158986
Gabriel Barbosa
View attachment 158985
With Klose leaving my strike force consisted of Matri, a 31 year old on loan from AC Milan and an injured Djordjevic. So I set about improving it by signing a man who needs no introduction to any FM player. I have never managed him but, he has always got an incredible scoring record so sods law dictates he will never ever score for us. We beat out a few big names including Juve by offering him a lot of money so hopefully it pays off.

View attachment 158983
Saúl
View attachment 158982A great talent from Atletico's academy and he is the big signing to replace Biglia in the middle of the park. The twenty year old cost €26,000,000 but, the transfer could and hopefully will rise to 40 million. A great young player he could turn into a Lazio great or one of the biggest ever flops.

View attachment 158981
Ianis Hagi
View attachment 158980
I had a few million spare so I spent it on a player with a wonderful heritage and a big name. Hagi moved from his fathers side FC Viitorul for a small fee and we again beat out bigger fees by offering more money which is a bit of a worry if those big names come calling again. But, Hagi should develop into a very good player and can play any of the front four positions.

View attachment 158979
Stefano Denswil
View attachment 158978
Signed as the replacement for Gentielli he the Ajax graduate was cheap on smaller wages and still a good player. The ex-Brugge man cost 2 million and will ensure that we have enough depth at CB.

View attachment 158977

I did miss out on a couple of targets Chelsea pipped me to Lucas Lima and we were one of many teams who offered to buy Zivkovic from Partizan but, he decided to move to Atletico.

Overall it was a good window while I didn't plan on losing Biglia 27 million for a 29 year old is good and Saul should be a good replacement. I also didn't plan on losing Klose but, I was not going to keep such a legend against his will and think that Barbosa will turn into a similarly great player over time.​

Italian Super Cup

Lazio vs Juventus

By losing in the Coppa Italia final to Juve who went on to win the league Lazio qualified for the Italian Super Cup. While it isn't an overly competitive game I would like to see us do well in it and it also compares us to the current best team in Italy.

Kickoff

Lazio kick the game in Shanghai off and instantly try to get the ball out wide to their playmakers.

29th Minute Lazio have a corner that Biglia whips in, it is cleared to Candreva and he passed to Anderson and he cut inside then tried to curl an effort in from 16 yards out it was going wide until it hit off of Sturaro and wrong footed Buffon to give us the lead.

40th Minute A long ball from Biglia falls to Matri to play him in but, his poor touch allows two defenders to catch up. But, he then burst past both defenders to go one on one with Buffon his shot was to close to the legendary keeper and Buffon pushed it wide. After the corner is cleared the ball falls to Candreva and he whips a perfect cross into the window of uncertainty but, no one in a Lazio uniform is near to poke it in allowing Lichsteiner to clear at the far post.

Half Time

We hold a lead and despite having less of the ball and less shots we have had the better chances and possibly should be two goals to the good not one.

75th Minute Candreva stands over a free kick 35 yards out he passes to Parolo who gets the ball wide to Basta he passes to Candreva who had burst into the box but, his cross is blocked instantly. The ball falls to Basta and he chips a long cross to Anderson at the far post and he had a simple volley to double our lead and scored it.

85th Minute Lichsteiner out wide looks like he is abut to go on a run but, slips in Dybala and 1 on 1 from an alright angle he strikes the post and the rebound falls into Berisha's hands.

88th Minute Pereyra hits in a corner Dybala heads it down to Bianchi and with a half volley right in the middle of the box 10 yards out he can only hit it right at Berisha.

Full Time

A good win even if Juve did rotate a few players who they wouldn't have in a competitive game. Anderson showed his class with a goal and assist on the own goal.

View attachment 158901
A good win out in China and some early silverware but, I want to add some more important trophies. However, a good start so no complaints.
Champions League Draw
View attachment 158900
Not a great draw but, then it was unlikely to be one. We will face Gary Neville's Valencia wit the winner getting into the Champions League group stage and the loser the Europa League groups.

View attachment 158899

Tactic

Realised I forgot to show my tactic so here it is nothing all that unusual but, I think it gets the best out of all of my players and keeps us well balanced.

View attachment 158886
The tactic with a number of names but, according to the game it is a 4-1-4-1 DM wide. That will likely be my first choice team except for Saul replacing the sold Biglia and Berisha will be replaced by Marchetti when he recovers from his ribs injury which should be around the middle of September.

I'm going to try and play on the counter to take advantage of our speedy wing players which is a point that may see Matri replaced up top although I will give him a chance up front to show what he can do.​

I think you sold Biglia cheaply but the rest is great. Nice start man..

I think you sold Biglia cheaply but the rest is great. Nice start man..

Yeah I tried negotiating as much as I could but, they refused to pay more and he was getting very unhappy so I just got rid of him and ensured I had enough to get Saul in from Atletico as I felt he was an adequate replacement for Biglia. Thanks for reading

August Update

After winning the Super Cup we turn our attention to the league and the Champions League where we will face Valencia for a place in the group stages.

Valencia 2-0 Lazio
View attachment 158760Well then that first leg didn't go to plan but, we still have a chance at home if we keep a clean sheet. Feghouli had us behind after 17 minutes Piatti hit in a free kick and Berisha decided to go on a run away from the goal this meant that Feghouli had a simple task of volleying into an empty goal and did so to put us a goal down. Negredo made it two after 77 minutes rising highest to head in a corner. A disappointing result especially as we conceded both goals from set plays and a keeper mistake. We will have to do much better at the Olimpico.

Lazio 3-0 Palermo
View attachment 158759We seem to do a lot better against Italian teams as both wide men score goals to get us a comfertable win to open the season. Felipe Anderson got us an early lead after Palermo had a blatant penalty turned down, which would have seen Parolo sent off for a second booking, we took advantage countering ruthlessly Saul played a long ball up to Matri he held the ball up then passed to Anderson he took a touch inside to get into the box and he fired an effort into the near top corner. Candreva doubled our lead after 34 minutes a Radu cross flicked off the head of a defender which meant the keeper couldn't catch it the ball deflected off his hands and Candreva volleyed the loose ball past the defender on the line. We then scored an amazing third goal, Anderson got the ball wide and cut inside beat two men with two more just in front of him he split them with a shot that flew into the top corner to leave the keeper standing watching the ball fly into his goal and as he ran off and celebrated I added €10,000,000 to his price. A very good win for us and that result would be perfect in midweek. Saul also had a very good debut.

Lazio 1(1-3)1 Valencia
View attachment 158753It's the Europa League for us then we had a number of great chances but, a good goalkeeping performance and some poor finishing ensures we don't get past Valencia. The plan to keep a clean sheet was ruined by Feghouli after just five minutes he hammered an effort into the top corner which meant we had to score four goals to get through. We had the chances to do so most notably Candreva having a penalty saved and Matri hitting the bar with a header. Barbosa scored his first goal for the club late on Keita chipped a cross to the back post and Barbosa volleyed in at the back post. It is the Europa League for us then it is disappointing but, we should be able to make a much deeper run in that than the Champions League.

View attachment 158752
We have a pretty challenging group for the Europa League as Basel have made the Champions League knock out rounds recently and Lokomotiv are a decent side.

Genoa 2-2 Lazio
View attachment 158751We were unlucky to draw as Genoa got a lucky late equaliser. Saul got us ahead with his first goal for the club Felipe Anderson passed to him just inside the box and Saul and he curled an effort past the keeper to give us a good early lead. Cerci got Genoa level with their only shot on target Suso hit a low cross to Cleo and he laid the ball off to Cerci and he took a touch before firing past Berisha. Within seconds we were back ahead though Candreva passed to Parolo and he hit in a perfect pass for Anderson to volley in at the back post. Genoa got a luck late goal Ansaldi whipped in a cross/shot from outside the box took a huge deflection off of both Cleo and Mauricio to leave Berisha diving the wrong way as the ball flew in to rob of us two points our performance deserved.

Table
View attachment 158746
We are doing well so far currently A.C. Milan are yet to get a point while Empoli are the shock near the top and city rivals Roma are also up at the top.

September Update

We kick off our Europa League campaign and have four Serie A games as we push on in the Serie A and we are finally able to bring back starting goalkeeper Marchetti with his ribs having healed.

View attachment 158734
Roma kicked off the month by doing everything in their power to give AC Milan there first win of the season.

Lazio 2-0 Verona
View attachment 158733With a strike force with a combined age of 69 Verona lacked the pace to worry the centre backs and offered very little threat. Matri got his first Lazio goal to give us an early lead Anderson played him in and Matri fired a low shot past the keeper. Parolo doubled our lead after 31 minutes with his first goal of the season he received a pass from Anderson 18 yards out and smashed a shot that the keeper tipped onto the bar and it then hit the post before crossing the line. Marrone completed a four minute yellow card double to ensure we got the win.

Lazio 3-1 Lokomotiv Moscow
View attachment 158727
A good win to start out in the Europa League as we get a win over Lokomotiv. Saul got us ahead after 16 minutes Parolo got the ball wide to Basta and he chipped a cross in that Saul leapt up to head past the keeper from 8 yards out to give us the lead. Maicon levelled for Lokomotiv soon after a free kick was whipped in and flicked on by Skuletic and Maicon volleyed it in. Barbosa got us ahead just before half time he turned two players and then rounded the keeper to get us ahead. Felipe Anderson ensured us the win after 51 minutes receiving the ball from Radu in the box he beat two men and then fired a low shot past the keeper and in at the near post. It's good to get a first win in Europe and it puts us in a good spot as Basel drew with Randers.

View attachment 158722
Matri will miss 2 months with ligament issues he got in the game against Lokomotiv.

Inter 4-2 Lazio
View attachment 158721A first league loss of the season against table toppers Inter. Murillo got us behind after just 3 minutes heading a corner in past a rooted Marchetti. Candreva got us back level within three minutes Anderson picking him out at the back post to give him a simple volley to fire in. He then grabbed a second goal after 11 minutes converting a penalty after Saul was wrestled down in the box. Jovetic made it 2-2 after just 15 minutes Nagatomo's second cross was poked in at the back post by Jovetic. After 48 minutes Anderson hit a beautiful pass to Basta to play him in Basta hit the post and Anderson's value went up by 5 million more. Kondogbia made us pay 2 minutes later volleying in a Jovetic free kick at the back post after slack marking. Icardi hit us on the break late on to leave us with defeat hitting in a Nagatomo cross from close range. A decent performance but, Inter have been great so far this season.

Lazio 1-0 Torino
View attachment 158717

Barbosa grabbed the only goal in a close game to get us all three points. After an hour we launched a lethal counter attack Barbosa played the ball wide to Candreva and then got to the far post to volley in the resulting cross to give us the win and the three points. He has really started to improve and can hopefully continue to get goals. Gazzi was sent off for Torino after 76 minutes for a poor two footed tackle.

Sassuolo 0-1 Lazio
View attachment 158714In a very hard fought battle full of cards Barbosa again scored the only goal to get us a win. After 31 minutes he struck Anderson beat his man out wide and whipped in a cross Barbosa hit his effort almost right at the keeper but, it had enough power to beat the keeper and go in. Marchetti made a number of big saves to ensure that we left with all of the points.

Table
View attachment 158713
We sit a very respectable third place behind city rivals Roma and so far perfect Inter Milan. Napoli have had a torrid start to the season while AC Milan have recovered from a poor start somewhat,

Europa League

Forgot to screenshot but, we won out game 3-1 and Randers threw away a two goal lead to draw with Basel​

October Update

Two big European games a big rivalry match against Napoli and two other Serie A games as well as we look to consolidate our position near the top of the table.

Randers 0-2 Lazio
View attachment 158633
A good win for us in our second game of the group as we travelled to Denmark. Saul got us ahead after 33 minutes Barbosa passed to him in the box and his shot took a deflection to ensure that it got past the keeper. Onazi got our second goal, Anderson was tripped in the box and Onazi sent the keeper the wrong way from the spot.

Lazio 1-0 Atalanta
View attachment 158632A close and lucky win ensures that we get another win. After we had come close a number of times Balde Keita got the only goal from off the bench, Basta crossed in and Keita's shot hit a defender and slipped past the goalkeeper. A lucky goal but, we deserved the win and easily held Atalanta's late attempts to get a point.

View attachment 158631
Izzo will be out for a while with a back injury for the mandatory international break injury

View attachment 158630
Italy were embarrassed by Azerbaijan but, the silver lining is that Paolo opened his account for Italy. Keita and Saul also made debuts for Senegal and Spain respectively.

Napoli 1-1 Lazio
View attachment 158629
A draw away isn't bad but, Napoli has been in poor form so I would have liked us to get the win. Saul grabbed another goal from midfield after 71 minutes, Djordevic cut the ball back to Keita and he lay the ball off for Saul 15 yards out and Saul fired a shot in past the keeper to get us the lead. Gabbiadini hit back late on for Lazio his shot from 15 yards out probably should have been saved by Marchetti but, managed to squirm over the line to put us level. Despite Napoli out shooting us they only had four efforts on target to our five but, a draw was probably fair.

Basel 1-3 Lazio
View attachment 158628A good win it what could have been a tricky tie as Basel have taken a number of scalps at home including Bayern Munich. We went behind quite early on Bisevic making his debut lost the ball to their striker who was in on goal and squared to Boeitus who passed the ball into an empty goal. Saul got us level with his third goal in three European games, Braahfield who I sold to Basel seemed to forget what team he was on as he headed a clearance to Saul and his half volley from 14 yards out was unsaveable. Keita then struck to put us ahead after 71 minutes, a long ball was played up to Barbosa and he squared to Keita who was one on one with the keeper and he took a touch before firing a low shot past the keeper at the near post. BArbosa then scored a very late goal to ensure us three points, Saul got the ball wide to Lulic and his floated cross was headed in at the back post by Barbosa. A good win and we should get out of the group now.

Lazio 0-2 Empoli
View attachment 158612
A poor performance against Empoli, who have been doing very well this season, means that we get a second loss of the season in the league. Mchedlidze put us behind after 50 minutes Rui hit in a good cross the bloke what scored had his first effort saved but, was able to fire in the rebound and put us behind. Paredes confirmed out defeat with a stunning 25 yard strike that left Marchetti swiping at the air and us two goals down. A poor performance and a poor result.

Table
View attachment 158609
The defeat dropped us down to fifth place only a point ahead of Empoli and two behind city rivals Roma and last seasons Champions Juventus. Napoli meanwhile have continued to be awful and are only a point off of the bottom three.

Europa League
View attachment 158608We are quite well clear at the top of the group halfway through we are still to host Randers and Basel so should go through with some comfort.

I should now say I lied in the opening sentence we still have one more Serie A game left we are going to be away to city rivals Roma to end the month and will have the chance to overtake them.​

Roma vs Lazio

My first della Capitale derby and we have been on good form leading up to it except the last game so I think that we have more than enough ability to walk away with all three points.

Key Player Roma: Francesco Totti
View attachment 158395
The seemingly ageless Italian Totti has been in fine form so far this season firing in 7 goals and with one goal could be the all time leading scorer in the rivalry a mark he likely doesn't have much time left to earn.

Key Player Lazio: Antonio Candreva
View attachment 158391
Any of Lazio's players could earn the title but, Candreva has the most experience and in a big match that can often tell so he is the key man for Lazio. Manuel Pellegrini and Louis Van Gaal will likely both be in the crowd yet again to watch him play.

Lineups
View attachment 158389
Roma have got a talent laden midfield that could overrun the Lazio one although it has done well this season. A lack of wingers means that the Roma defenders could be very exposed out wide as the Lazio full backs bomb up the pitch often behind their talented wingers.

Kickoff

5th Minute Parolo sees his shot from 18 yards out blocked and the ball falls to Saul but, the angle is tight and Szczseny holds the strike.

7th Minute Candreva drives in a good corner and Mauricio rises highest but, his header isn't low enough and it skims the top of the bar on its way over.

11th Minute Florenzi goes on a run out wide and tees the ball up for Nainggolan and he effort from 18 yards was going into the bottom corner until Marchetti got down well to push the ball behind for a corner. The corner is hit in and Candreva's header only clears the ball to Nainggolan on the edge of the box and he passes to Strootman and from 15 yards out he smacks a first time shot past Marchetti and in to give Roma the lead.

1-0 Roma

27th Minute
Candreva receives a throw in from Basta beats a man and cuts the ball back to Barbosa, from eight yards out he hits his shot right at Szczseny from a tight angle.

42nd Minute Candreva whips in a corner, Mauricio gets the run on his man and at the near post he is able to half volley the low corner in a great low strike that left the keeper no chance. A great time to get his first Lazio goal.

1-1Lazio

Half Time

It is a tight game and Lazio have been marginally the better side while Roma have struggled to get efforts on target both sides will head out for the second half hoping to get a winner.

47th Minute Felipe Anderson goes on a run and leaves Digne behind him he whips in a corss that is cleared as far as Candreva his volley whistles just over the top of the bar. Close from Lazio.

56th Minute Basta has the ball wide he passes inside to Parolo and he squares the ball to Saul who tries a first time effort. Szczseny is at full stretch to just tip the ball behind for a corner which comes to nothing.

74th Minute Candreva hits in a free kick and Saul right at the near post gets his head on it, Szczseny was over at the other side of the goal and can only watch a it bounces just wide of the target.

Full Time

Roma 1-1 Lazio
View attachment 158378A decent point in the city derby and avoiding defeat is big for us. Candreva got man of the match for a solid display just beating out Saul and Mauricio.

Table
View attachment 158377
We stay close to the Champions League spots while Inter are still carving out a good early lead. At the other end Chievo have only four points and one goal. It was a penalty. But, it did get them the win over Bologna.

November Update

We have a chance to secure our path into the Europa League knockout rounds this month and a number of Serie A games including games against A.C. Milan and Juventus so a challenging month.

Lazio 1-0 Sampdoria
View attachment 158354
A close win for us over Sampdoria as we get a win after we failed to in the last two games. Barbosa scored the only goal of the game after 35 minutes, Candreva left Dodo behind to get into the box and then played the ball back to Barbosa who fired the ball into an open goal to get us the win and three more points.

Lazio 1-0 Basel
View attachment 158353
Another win in the Europa League as a quite rotated side was good enough to get us the win over Basel. Barbosa again got the only goal of the game to get us the win. After 47 minutes Keita played him in and Barbosa slipped a low finish out of the reach of the keeper to give us the win. Patric got a late red card to give us a bit of a challenge but, we held on for the win.

View attachment 158350
The win qualifies us for the knockout round and we will also be the top team in the group as we have an unassailable lead.

View attachment 158349
A moment I had been dreading Felipe Anderson wants to move onto a bigger club.

View attachment 158348
I assured him we would make the Champions League so a top three finish is needed to keep him. The annoying thing is if I have to sell him half of his fee will go to a third party.

Chievo 0-4 Lazio
View attachment 158347Chievo still haven't scored a second goal and we hammered them to get another win and continue some good form before the international break. Saul got us ahead after 8 minutes a quick lethal counter ended with Lulic crossing in and Saul poking the ball over the line. Candreva got us a second goal after 56 minutes, Saul crossing in and Candreva fired the ball high in at the near post. Balde Keita got us a third goal on the hour, Saul put in a cross that flashed in front of the goal until Keita pout it in from close range. Keita grabbed a second goal after 83 minutes Saul played him in and his shot was perfect across the keeper and in at the far post. A dominant display for us and three points picked up against the bottom side.

View attachment 158346
Candreva will miss 2-3 weeks which is unfortunate but, the first two weeks will be the international break so he will only miss 1 game.

View attachment 158345
Milinkovic-Savic makes his debut for Serbia he hasn't played a great deal but, has looked very good when he has so I will get him a bit more game time.

Lazio 1-3 AC Milan
View attachment 158344A disappointing loss to a side that is also in the Champions League hunt and will set us back a bit. Carlos Bacca put us behind after 33 minutes turning and the powering a shot into the top corner from distance that left Marchetti no chance of saving it. Mauricio got sent off for a silly yellow card fouling Bacca at the halfway line. As a result of me pulling off Parolo at half time I had a front five where the oldest player was Felipe Anderson at 22. Bonaventura scored two minutes later we failed to properly clear a corner and from close range Bonaventura fired a shot in off the post. The young front five then all combined to get us back to within a goal it ended with Barbosa volleying in a Anderson cross from 15 yards out. Bacca then quickly put us back behind by two goals Bertolacci slipped him in and he took a touch and slipped the ball past Marchetti to end our hopes.

Lokomotiv 0-3 Lazio
View attachment 158343A very changed side got a better win away than my first team did at home. Kishna got us ahead with his first Lazio goal after 30 minutes, Basta chipping a cross to the back post, the keeper came to claim the cross but, failed and Kishna had a simple tap in at the back post to get us ahead. Matri then got his first goal for Lazio 9 minutes later Candreva whipped in a early cross and Matri volleyed the ball well and left the keeper no chance. Milinkovic-Savic was the third player to get his first Lazio goal as he calmly sent the keeper the wrong way with a penalty. A very convincing win for the backups and some of them may not be that for much longer.

Juventus 2-1 Lazio
View attachment 158341
A close loss to Juventus we had a poor first half but, really grew into the game in the second half. Mandzukic put us behind after 11 minutes they launched a good counter and Lichsteiner hit a cross to the back post that Mandzukic put in with a simple tap in. He grabbed a second goal after 34 minutes getting up very high to power in a header from a corner. Saul responded for us 5 minutes after half time Basta whipped in a cross and Saul made the late run to head it past Buffon and in. Bonucci got a red card for a two footed lunge on Felipe Anderson that was poor. But, we couldn't get a late leveller and left with nothing.

Table
View attachment 158340We have dropped down to fifth place after two losses but, are still within 3 points of second place. Inter have a nine point lead so should be the champions. Meanwhile Chievo have still only got the one goal to their name heading into December.

Europa League
View attachment 158339We have an unbeatable lead at the top and have really dominated the group and have one home game against Randers left.​

December Update

We finish up our Europa League group campaign before a big game in the fight for Champions League football as we take on Fiorentina.

Lazio 2-0 Bologna
View attachment 158059
A comfortable win for us against Bologna as we get back to winning ways after losing our last two games in the Serie A. Saul got us ahead after 18 minutes Basta hitting a low cross towards the back post and Saul was on hand to fire in a close range shot to get us the lead. Keita scored our second goal after 54 minutes Saul hit a shot but, it took a massive deflection and fell to Keita and he curled his shot around the keeper and in. A good win and it was important to get back to winning ways in the league.
View attachment 158058
Barbosa won the Brazilian 1st Division Young Player of the Year Award despite being with us for half of the season.

Lazio 1-0 Randers
View attachment 158057A back up team does enough to ensure that we end the group stage with a perfect 18 points from 18. In a tight game Onazi scored the only goal after 17 minutes Milinkovic-Savic passing to Keita who gave it to Onazi, he turned and placed and effort into the top corner that the keeper couldn't get near to with a despairing dive. A good win and it is nice to go perfect in the group stages.

View attachment 158056
We get Braga in the draw, it isn't great but it isn't awful we should get through in what will likely be a close tie. We will also be away for the first leg and at home for the second leg.

Carpi 0-3 Lazio
View attachment 158055A good win and clean sheet as we get our third win and clean sheet in a row. Barbosa got us ahead after 11 minutes Saul played him in and Barbosa poked a low finish past the keeper and in. An own goal got us further ahead after 32 minutes Candreva drove into the box and hit in a low cross and it hit off of Suagher and went in just before Barbosa would have had a simple tap in. Parolo out us in a tough spot getting sent off for a second yellow card after 61 minutes. However, we got a third goal seven minutes later. Keita grabbing one from off the bench Kishna rolling a low cross across the face of the goal and Keita poked it over the line to ensure that we got the three points.

Italian Cup

Lazio 2-1 Chievo
View attachment 158054
A back up team just does the job for us a late winner getting us into the next round. Matri got us ahead after 16 minutes, we countered quickly and Onazi slipped in Matri and his low effort went out of reach of the keeper and in. Chievo got a late equaliser Frey hit in a low cross it bounced off a couple of players and fell to Inglese and from close range he left the keeper no chance with his powerful effort. We fought back to get a late winner through Matri after 92 minutes Milinkovic-Savic hitting in a cross from deep and Matri was able to volley the ball just inside the far post to get us into the next round.

View attachment 158052
We will face Genoa for a place in the semi final. We will be away but, should still be favourites to make it through to the next round.

Lazio 0-0 Fiorentina
View attachment 158051
A draw in which we were the better side and with all of our shots we really should have grabbed ourselves a winner. It was a big chance for us to take a step towards getting into Europe but, we couldn't totally take advantage although we did avoid defeat at least.

Forgot to screenshot either of the tables but, we were top with Lokomotiv Moscow second. In the league we are fourth and very close to getting into the top three and the Champions League spots.

January Transfer Update

A productive transfer window for us we had some good money come in and the extra money that I was offered by the board meant that I could bring in a number of good players.

Outgoing Transfers

Filip Djordevic
View attachment 157989A decent deal for us he was injured so he fell down the pecking order and was unhappy at the club. When he played he didn't do well and so I was happy to let him leave for €18,000,000 far than he was worth at the club so we have more than enough to find a replacement.

Dusan Basta
View attachment 157983
Basta is on the receiving end of a bid from Sporting and he wanted to leave but, I convinced him to stay with the promise of Champions League football next year he is a solid right back so I don't want to lose him despite his advanced age.

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic
View attachment 157982
One of a number of loan offers that I received for the young defensive midfielder however, I declined all of the offers as I plan on involving him more and more in the first team as the season goes on.

Wesley Hoedt
View attachment 157981
Hoedt was offered a number of loan deals and while I loaned him out to Betis for ten days until Bisevic said he wanted to leave and I needed to have cover to ensure that he could be sold.

Ogenyi Onazi
View attachment 157980
Real Madrid came in with a surprise bid for Onazi but, I declined it. Onazi was unhappy so I agreed to accept another bid if it came in. There was no other bid so he was happy to stay which is good as I would have had almost no time to get in a replacement.

Ricardo Kishna
View attachment 157979
Kishna is wanted on loan by a number of the best teams in Europe I refused all of the offers and made him unavailable. Oddly enough all of the same teams seemed to want Felipe Anderson on loan as well instead of a permanent deal. Which I guess I would prefer to a permanent move.

Nothing came of the heavy interest in Felipe Anderson and Candreva so they stayed.
Incoming Transfers

I had a number of options that I tried to bring in to replace Djordevic and add some more depth to the squad. I failed in securing a big target for us.View attachment 157975
Domenico Berardi rejected us to move to Juventus although we may well have struggled to ensure that the finances would work it is a blow to see him go to Juventus who I will have to overcome to win in Italy.View attachment 157968
A bonus before the window as I will get an extra €10,000,000 for the transfer window after I had already pre-spent most of the money I had left.

Emmanuel Mas

View attachment 157977
With my left backs being 29 and 30 I needed a younger left back an with a number of very young players I decided to go for an averaged aged left back. Mas joins us from San Lorenzo for 4.5 million a good low fee and as an advantage he has Italian citizenship so he doesn't count as a non-EU transfer.

Adam Maher
View attachment 157973The scout report wasn't great as he had him as more of a CM he will not be a great transfer for me it is likely. He did at least not cost us much only €2.3 million from PSV.

Diego Rolan
View attachment 157969
The big money replacement for Djordevic Rolan wasn't in great form before I signed him in mid-October and since then he has gone on an 8 match goalless run. If he can find his form then he will be a great addition for just €19.25 million not all up front. A talented striker who also has Italian ancestry so is a citizen and not a non-EU transfer.

Alessandro Matri
View attachment 157965
A slightly more experienced option for just €3.5 million he will add some depth for us and also be an experienced head to help tutor the younger strikers a good buy for his low price. As a bonus he is already used to our playing style.

A good transfer window and for the first time I have ever managed in Italy I didn't use both of the non-EU transfers you can have​

Last edited:
Random Stuff and Awards

La Liga
View attachment 157964
Barcelona have had an awful season and are languishing in midtable. Shock leaders Sevilla and Valencia have a small lead on Real and Atletico.

Barca's poor form would continue and they lost in the Club World Championship semi final to Club America who beat Okayama in the final coming from two down.

View attachment 157963
Roma have hit some awful form and have been dropping points like they are going out of fashion.

View attachment 157962
Chievo scored twice and got a win over Sassuolo while Inter lost for the first time this season to Juventus

Awards

View attachment 157961View attachment 157960
Mesut Ozil does a double on the two awards Messi missing out on the top spot and Ronaldo not even getting into the top three.

World Team of the Year
View attachment 157959Hopefully we can get a player into the team in the next year or two but, the team looks hard to get into.

European Golden Boy
View attachment 157958
Saul won the Golden Boy award that was well deserved in my opinion he has been phenomenal since arriving and better than Biglia who has struggled to impress for PSG.

South American Player of the Year
View attachment 157957
An impressive job by our new signing Emmanuel Mas he looks to be a cheap buy for just 4.5 million euros

January Update

We have our Italian Cup Semi Final and five Serie A games as we begin to play the return fixtures as we get past the 19 game mark.
View attachment 157890​Cataldi picks up an injury and will miss most of the month as a result.

Frosinone 0-1 Lazio
View attachment 157893A close win as we get back to the league after a decent break we may not have been great but, we got the three points. Barbosa got the only goal of the game after just four minutes Candreva had his corner cleared to him his second cross was volleyed by Anderson but, hit a defender. The ball fell to Barbosa he beat a defender and from a tight angle was able to curl the ball past the keeper and in.

Lazio 2-2 Udinese
View attachment 157892
A draw with quite a few goals in it but, it is points dropped as Udinese have had a poor season so far. Thereau put us behind after 31 minutes Armero hit in a good cross and Thereau headed it in, however I feel that Marchetti was positioned poorly and if he had done better could have saved the header. Keita got us back level after 75 minutes Candreva's corner was headed down by Parolo and from 15 yards out Keita half volleyed it past the keeper and in. Zapata scored what looked likely to be a winner after 85 minutes Therau with a square ball to find him in acres of space and Zapata zipped a powerful shot past Marchetti and in. However, seconds later Keita had scored his second equaliser of the game Basta's cross just evaded Barbosa and two defenders but, Keita was able to guide the ball over the line and in to earn us a point. Given that we were down late I would take a point but, before the game three was the target.

Palmero 3-2 Lazio
View attachment 157891We lose a game to Palermo in what is a rivalry game to them but, not to us. Jajalo put us a goal behind after just six minutes he hit a shot from 25 yards out that was close enough to Marchetti as to where he should have at least parried it but, was unable to do so and we go a goal down. Gilardino doubled the lead shortly after half time Jajalo hitting in a free kick from near the halfway line and Gilardino rose the highest and his header was unsaveable. However, as Rodgers would say we showed character to fight back Candreva hit the perfect free kick from just outside the box the ball kissing off of the inside of the post before going in. Mauricio then got us level after 78 minutes, Candreva hit in a corner it was headed away Saul put it back in the mixer and Mauricio volleyed the ball in from 2 yards out leaving their keeper no chance. Mauricio turned villain less then ten minutes later pulling down Gilardino to get his second yellow card. Gilardino scored a winner for Palermo within a minute rising highest from a corner to head in his second goal. A disappointing loss especially as we fought back from two goals down and let in two goals from set plays.

Italian Cup

Genoa 1-0 Lazio AET
View attachment 157889
A game where both sides had near 15-20 shots in normal time but, only one or two on target meant they were pointless. Patric gave away a penalty for a trip in the far corner of the box and Alberto Cerci stepped up and sent Berisha the wrong way from the spot. Disappointing to be out of the cup but, I did rotate my team quite a bit so it isn't a massive surprise.

Lazio 0-1 Genoa
View attachment 157888Due to De Vrij getting a number of yellows and Mauricio's red I had to start a different two at centre back for the first time neither would start in a game I was playing my best team for. Again Genoa got the only goal form the spot Izzo the ex-Genoa player giving it away for another trip in the box. It was a penalty but, I do feel that the red card was harsh and unjust. It didn't bother Ansaldi as he tucked his penalty away as we go winless in four.

View attachment 157887
I held a successful team meeting to boost morale before our final game of the month against Verona.

Verona 0-4 Lazio
View attachment 157886
Well that worked we gave their strike force with a combined age of over 70 no chance as we hit four in the first half, I got Rolan on for the second half in another attempt to break his duck but, he cannot score right now. Felipe Anderson got us an early lead after six minutes Parolo found Candreva out wide and his cross was powerfully headed in by Anderson. Barbosa doubled our lead after 23 minutes Felipe Anderson played him in and Borbosa lifted his effort over the keeper and in. He got a second goal nine minutes later Barbosa went on a run from the halfway line as defenders backed off he beat two to get into the box and then hit a shot that the keeper got a hand to but, couldn't stop from going in. Parolo finished off the rout with an effort that would win goal of the month, after 36 minutes Anderson instead of crossing hit a ball to Parolo he played a one two with Saul and then absolutely hammered a shot that went right into the top corner and gave the keeper no chance. A good win to get us back feeling positive.

Table
View attachment 157883
Most of the team around us also had torrid Januaries so we are able to claim third place and have a good four point lead that can see us slip up and still stay in the Champions League spot. Chievo meanwhile have turned on the style and have picked up a lot of points while Inter have let their previously large lead slip

​February Update

We have a challenging month our European tie against Braga, Inter Milan in the Serie A and a resurgent Napoli side to round the month off.

Lazio 1-2 Inter
View attachment 157882
We lose a close game but, big money signing Diego Rolan has ended his big goal drought and scored his first Lazio goal. Icardi got us behind after just three minutes a poor back pass gave him a simple tap in and he didn't make a mistake firing the ball in. Brozovic doubled their lead after 35 minutes he found himself some space just inside the box and hit an effort just inside the far post to put us two goals down. Rolan then got his first Lazio goal Lulic had his first corner cleared but, he hit in a second cross and De Vrij headed it down and fired a volley past the keeper and in. Mauricio hurt any chances of a very late equaliser by getting sent off yet again. A poor result but, they are top for a reason.
View attachment 157881
Rolan has ended his goal drought and can hopefully kick on and grab some more goals.

In other news city rivals Roma have sacked manager Spalletti after some poor form.

Torino 0-1 Lazio
View attachment 157880
We only just edge Torino to get all three points away in Turin. Bruno Peres given an own goal after 78 minutes Rolan got down the wing and hit in a low cross the Peres was forced to urn into his own goal by Anderson. We were reduced to ten men after Bisevic mistimed a tackle very late on. Torino didn't even have time to take the free kick. We are getting a very high number of red cards which I don't like.

Lazio 5-0 Sassuolo
View attachment 157877
Sassuolo are nothing like the side they were early on, Berardi, Vrsjako and Consigli their starting keeper have all been sold with no replacements brought in and their form has suffered. Things started poorly for them when a two footed tackle saw Magnanelli get sent off after just two minutes. A minute later we were ahead through Candreva, Saul hit in a cross Barbosa tried to chest it down but, the ball hit off of a defender and fell to Candreva he took a touch and then smashed a shot past the keeper and in. Felipe Anderson had us two goals up after 26 minutes Milinkovic-Savic got the ball wide to Candreva he beat his man and hit a cross into the back post. Anderson took the ball down with his chest and then slammed a low effort in past the keeper. De Vrij extended our lead before half time with his first Lazio goal, his header from a corner hitting off of both the man on the line and the goalkeeper on the way in but, somehow he got credit for the goal. Diego Rolan added a fourth goal after an hour heading in a Keita cross from 8 yards out. Sassuolo were reduced to nine men when Duncan got sent off for a second booking. Rolan got a second goal eight minutes later this time shinning in a Keita cross from a similar position to the header. An emphatic win for us and it should boost the morale of everyone at the club.

Braga 2-2 Lazio
View attachment 157875
A draw isn't a bad result as we get two away goals but, as we were pegged back twice I feel we could have taken a win back to Rome. Parolo got us ahead after 11 minutes Candreva hit in a cross Barbosa's shot was blocked but, the ball fell to Parolo and from 14 yards out he fired a powerful effort in past the keeper. Braga hit back after 38 minutes, with a similar goal Hassan firing in the rebound of a blocked shot from close range. Keita got us bacj ahead just before half time Basta hit in a great cross to the back post and Keita won a footrace with the defender to slam the ball in and get us back ahead. Braga got a late equaliser Baiano crossing in for Stojiljkovic volleying past Marchetti and in. Disappointed with the late equaliser but, especially with the away goals I am confident of us getting through.

View attachment 157874
Cataldi broke his collarbone so will be out for the next two months most likely he will be a big miss in midfield.

Atalanta 1-2 Lazio
View attachment 157873
This win is something odd the first Serie A win I have had with Lazio in which we conceded every other game I've won has been with a clean sheet. De Vrij got us ahead after 55 minutes Milinkovic-Savic headed a corner towards goal and De Vrij rerouted the ball to ensure it went in. Anderson got us two goals ahead after 76 minutes volleying in a Candreva cross at the back post. Atalanta got a goal back after 80 minutes Gomez played in Boriello and his finish left Marchetti no chance. A good win for us as we finally win without keeping a clean sheet.
View attachment 157872
Some good news for the future as our youth team won the U-20 invitational we have some good prospects in our youth ranks.

Lazio 3(5-3)1 Braga
View attachment 157871
We get into the next round of Europe with a convincing win over Braga. Basta got us in front with a rare goal Lulic passed to him and Basta hit a good shot across the keeper and just inside the far post. Braga hit back soon after Pavon crossing in and Santos had a simple tap in at the back post. Candreva got us ahead again just before half time with a good penalty. This time we added to our lead, just after half time Canreva crossing for Anderson to hit in at the back post yet again for us. A convincing win over two legs and we deserved the win.

View attachment 157870
There was some very bad news though as Anderson strained his ligaments. Balde Keita will have to step up in his absence and it is a big hole to fill.

View attachment 157869
We get a really bad draw as we will face Juve who got knocked out in the CL group stage in the next round.

Lazio 3-0 Napoli
View attachment 157868
We made short work of a Napoli team that had found some good form. Barbosa got us ahead after 10 minutes Candreva hit in a cross Barbosa escaped his man and volleyed in to get us ahead. Mas extended the lead after 37 minutes with his first Lazio goal a corner wasn't totally cleared and the ball fell to Parolo he passed to Mas and from 15 yards out his shot took a small deflection and went in. Barbosa ensured we got the three points with a late goal volleying in a Basta cross from close range to give us the three goal win.

Table
View attachment 157866
​Our lead over AC Milan has shrunk by a point but, we still hold onto the last Champions League spot

Nice start there my friend ! Do whatever it takes to keep
Felipe Anderson ! He is top quality player and can do wondres as a right winger !!​

Nice start there my friend ! Do whatever it takes to keep
Felipe Anderson ! He is top quality player and can do wondres as a right winger !!​

Thanks, yeah he is already a great player on the wing shame he is injured. There is no way I am selling him as I only get half of the transfer fee as well which stops any chance of me selling him