Lazio - Cose suono sofisticano in italiano

March Update

A number of challenging games for us we have our Europa League tie with Juventus and the derby of the capital against Roma squeezed in between the Juventus games.

Empoli 0-1 Lazio
View attachment 157772
We sneak a close win over Empoli to get another three points and stay ahead of AC Milan in the hunt for Champions League football. Senad Lulic got the only goal of the game after 83 minutes Lulic flicked a corner onto the far post De Vrij tried to head it in but, his effort was blocked and the ball fell to Lulic and he fired in the ball to get us a late lead and three points.

Lazio 1-0 Juventus
View attachment 157771
We get a very tight lead in the Europa League with a good win at home and the big thing is we didn't allow them to score any away goal. Saul scored the only goal of the game after 16 minutes Candreva's corner wasn't totally cleared and he hit in a second cross it fell to Barbosa and he passed the ball back to Saul and from 16 yards out his shot took a massive deflection off of Bonnuci and went in to put us ahead. We then defended well to hold onto the lead and not let in an away goal. We have a good chance of getting the win as a result.

Lazio 2-1 Roma
View attachment 157770
In my second Rome derby an incredible performance from Marchetti ensured that we got the win. Barbosa got us ahead after 14 minutes we won the ball in midfield and countered quickly Candreva got wide and hit in a cross Barbosa got to the ball first at the near post and hit the ball in from close range. We got a second goal after 36 minutes, Candreva whipped in a cross and it hit off of Manolas and beat Szczseny. After a number of saves Marchetti let a goal in Pjanic played in Dzeko his finish was high and in the corner. Marchetti made a number of saves after it as well to get us the win and him the Man of the Match award.

Juventus 3(3-3a)2 Lazio
View attachment 157769
We get a close win on away goals to get past Juventus and into the next round. Barbosa got us ahead after just seven minutes Candreva hit in a cross and Barbosa volleyed the ball past Buffon and in to get us an away goal. Chiellini got the game level on the night after 23 minutes knocking in a Pereyra corner. Morata scored to cut our lead to the away goal just before half time, half volleying in a Lichtsteiner cross. Another lucky goal got us back ahead just after half time Candreva's corner was half cleared to Parolo he headed the ball to Saul and his shot was going wide until it took a massive deflection off of Alex Sandro and went in. Our second goal from a deflection so we are lucky leaders. Juventus got a late goal so our win was just on away goals, another Lichtstiener cross this time poked in by a sliding Pereyra. We held on to win on away goals while two of our goals were lucky we never fell behind in the tie.

View attachment 157768

An easier draw for us this time as we will face AS Saint-Etienne we should go through but, stranger things have happened.

Sampdoria 4-1 Lazio
View attachment 157767
My worst moment so far as the manager of Lazio. Candreva got us ahead after 23 minutes sending the keeper the wrong way with a penalty. Quagliarella scored Sampdoria's equaliser after 51 minutes, Bertolo's header was tipped onto the post by Marchetti and Quagliarella fired in the rebound. Alverez put us behind after 69 minutes from a tight angle his first shot was saved by Marchetti and he fired in the rebound. Lulic got sent off and conceded a penalty for a trip and Quagliarella fired a penalty past Marchetti. Sala made the scoreline more embarrassing after 81 minutes, Quagliarella squared to him when in on goal and Sala fired in a virtual tap in. A poor performance and a loss that is hard to take. It is the last game before the international break so I can try and bring morale back up before our next game.

Youth Intake
View attachment 157765

A pretty awful youth intake the worst part being we got an Australian :p.

The least worst two candidates

Federico Rossi
View attachment 157766

While he is the best candidate he plays a position that I don't use in my formation so I will have to retrain him as a CM.

Massimiliano Argentieri
View attachment 157764

A striker who might be good enough to be a rotation option he has the best shot of a Lazio career out of anyone in the academy but, it probably won't be all that long.

Affiliate
View attachment 157763
Jiangsu with players like Ramires and Alex Texiera have become an affiliate as I'm trying to push Lazio towards the Asian market to raise revenue.

Contract
View attachment 157762
I had kind of forgotten that I only had a one year deal an it was rapidly running out so despite being on the back of my worst defeat so far I asked for a new deal.

View attachment 157760
Thankfully the board saw past the one game and offered me a new deal which I happily accepted and will keep me at Lazio for the next 3 years.

Table
View attachment 157758
Still third Roma have comeback under their new manager and Fiorentina have begun to drop off of the pace. We have a good lead so I expect us to finish third as we are to far behind Juventus to catch them up.​

April Update

We have a very busy month our Europa League quarter finals and possibly semi final we also face 6 games in the Serie A including AC Milan and Juventus.

View attachment 157687
Milinkovic-Savic picks up an injury to leave us low on central midfielders with Cataldi also being out

Lazio 2-0 Chievo
View attachment 157686
A good win to bounce back from the horrific loss at Sampdoria as we beat near relegation certainties Chievo. Candreva got us ahead after 58 minutes, Rolan found him wide open out wide and he smashed a shot just outside the reach of the keeper and inside the far post. Am own goal got us ahead by two goals Basta's cross turned in by a defender just before Rolan could tap the ball in. A good win and three more points before we face off against AC Milan.

View attachment 157685
Saul will miss the game against Saint-Ettienne however, Cataldi is fit again to replace him for the game. Felipe Anderson has also recovered in time to play in the Europa League

Saint-Etienne 1-1 Lazio
View attachment 157681
Well an away draw isn't the worst result but, I would have hoped we could have gotten a win over them. Franck Tabanou, who scored a hat trick in the last round, put us behind after 55 minutes Corgnet whipping in a cross and Tabanou fired in at the back post. Matri got us level and ahead on away goals after 60 minutes, Candreva hit in the perfect cross to the back post and from very close range Matri pushed the cross past the keeper an in.

View attachment 157664
The quarter final first leg ends in all draws Celtic surprising Zenit while Dortmund are facing a tough task at Anfield

AC Milan 0-1 Lazio
View attachment 157668
We got a somewhat lucky win over AC Milan but, they only got three of their 18 shots on target. Marco Parolo got the only goal of the game after 54 minutes, Keita cut the ball back to Parolo and he took a touch before firing a powerful effort into the top corner leaving the keeper no chance in an incredible goal. A good win and a big step towards Champions League football next year.

Lazio 0(1-3)2 Saint Etienne
View attachment 157663
Well that is annoying I wanted to do well in the Europa League to help our co-efficient and also if we won we would get into the group stages while the Serie A would put us in a playoff. We fell behind after 42 minutes Corgnet's header took the slightest of touches off of Parolo and went in it wasn't an own goal but, we conceded it and fell behind. They scored the killer goal after 79 minutes Hamouma beat two men and then chipped a lovely finish over Marchetti it really knocked us out as we would have had to get 3 goals. Not happy to have been dumped out of the Europa League by them but, they deserved the win and to get into the semi final.

View attachment 157659
Celtic got a ninetieth minute winner to go through, Dortmund relied on away goals to get through and OM needed penalties to get through.

Lazio 1-0 Juventus
View attachment 157658We do our part to help Inter win the league by beating Juventus we out fought them winning 7 yellow cards but, grabbing the only goal. Keita was the scorer after 59 Lulic put in a cross and Keita was unmarked in the middle of the goal and he poked a low finish right into the bottom corner to give Buffon no chance. A good win over Juve and it helps us hold a commanding lead over AC Milan in fourth.

View attachment 157650
Rodgers what at the game the first time a manager has been looking at the player of another team. But, have a look at his win percentage 16%. He has also lead Newcastle from midtable to just outside the relegation zone.

Bologna 0-1 Lazio
View attachment 157649
Another one nil win for us this time a bit less impressive though as it was over Bologna this time. Candreva scored the only goal of the game just before half time Mas had two crosses cleared but, the third one fell to Candreva and from 10 yards out his powerful shot went right into the top corner an unstoppable effort by the talented winger.

View attachment 157646
We are into the Champions League confirming third place with four games to go after AC Milan fell off of the place towards the end of the season. It also means that the rest of our games are pointless as we cannot get into second place.

View attachment 157643
I have a very big budget to spend this window and have a number of plans of what to do with the money.

View attachment 157640
Anderson is happy to stay as a result and that is great news Basta is also happy to stay in more good news a very big added bonus to the Champions League qualification.

Lazio 1-1 Carpi
View attachment 157639
Carpi stay up as we somewhat FM'd them they had 5 CCC'c to our 2. Rolan got us ahead after 84 minutes a quick counter from a corner saw Lulic hit in a cross and Rolan volleyed it in at the back post. Two minutes later Carpi were level a simple close range finish from Verdi getting them level and the point was enough for them to stay up.

Fiorentina 0-1 Lazio
View attachment 157638
A close win over Fiorentina to help AC Milan get into the Europa League. Candreva got the only goal just after the hour mark, Felipe Anderson crossed to Candreva from the goal line and Candreva scored the tap in to get us the win and three more points.

View attachment 157636
In the Europa League Dortmund and Celtic are through to the final Dortmund again relying on away goals only just overcoming Saint Etienne.

May Update

As we just have two games this month and they are pointless I am tacking them onto the end of this month.

Lazio 3-1 Frosinone
View attachment 157635
Barbosa had been on a goal drought but, he ended it spectacularly by scoring a twelve minute hat trick. He got us in front after just two minutes, Basta hit in a cross Keita had his shot blocked and the ball fell to Barbosa and he fired the rebound past the keeper and in. He got a second goal up 10 minutes later Candreva hit in a cross and Barbosa poked it past the keeper at the near post. He completed his hat trick just two minutes later a Candreva cut back gave him a simple tap in to secure a incredibly quick hat trick. Dionisi pulled a goal back for Frosinone after 79 minutes Paganini gave him a simple tap in and he took it. A good win and it is good to get Barbosa back on form and also win our final home game.

View attachment 157634
Juve beat Inter last week and after Inter drew against Bologna Juve took full advantage beating Torino one nil to earn the title. Inter really threw the title and Juve took full advantage for title number five in a row.

Udinese 2-1 Lazio
View attachment 157633An unimpressive game as we lose our final game of the season to already relegated Udinese. Cataldi got us ahead after 20 minutes, the Lazio academy product scoring his first goal for the club heading in a Candreva corner. Wague got the game level from another set piece after being left unmarked he knocked in a free kick after being left open by the defenders. Bocanegra heading in an Armero cross to leave us behind and losing our final game of the season.

Table
View attachment 157630
We meet my goal by finishing third 10 points behind champions Juventus and 8 behind second place Inter. We also had a commanding 12 point lead over AC Milan. Roma will be joining us in Europe while Udinese, Sassuolo and Chievo all go down to the Serie B.

Nice work, now you are going to rip off a gk from udinese now that they are going down? How are Hagi develop for you?

Nice work, now you are going to rip off a gk from udinese now that they are going down? How are Hagi develop for you?

Well now that you mention it something like that might happen, he was really good last season and most of the reason we won the Youth International scored a lot but, still needs to develop a bit more to get into the first team

Other Competition Updates

View attachment 157569In a total shock Bayern won the league in Germany. Leverkusen, Dortmund and Wolfsburg will be in the CL and we could get Wolfsburg in the playoff.

View attachment 157568
Barca recovered from an awful start to finish runner up to Real. Shockingly Atletico missed out on Champions League football and Levante made it into the Europa League

View attachment 157567
PSG got a Ligue 1 win and Monaco are the runner up. OM could be our playoff opponent and Bastia, Lorient and Caen will be in Ligue 2

View attachment 157566
Arsenal pulled out the league win to give Wenger a retirement win, LVG got fourth and was sacked to be replaced by Mourinho hopefully like in real life. Southampton, Newcastle and Norwich all go down maybe Southampton should have gone for an American, Swedish Aussie manager to help them

View attachment 157565
In a huge shock Celtic win the Europa League the W*nker that is Leigh Griffiths scored the winner over Dortmund

View attachment 157564
Bayern topped Man City to win the CL in a final that still could happen the Germans beating the English in penalties is no surprise​

Season Review

View attachment 157563
The Juventus right back Lichtsteiner wins the Serie A player of the year award he's done well like most wide defenders in the game but, has been very good despite his advancing years.

View attachment 157562
Palermo's Vazquez win the goal scorer award and Defrel managed to finish third in it despite playing for relegated Sassuolo.

View attachment 157561
Felipe Anderson finishes third behind Paul Pogba and Geoffrey Kondogbia. He has had a good year and deserved to get some recognition for it.

View attachment 157560
Felipe Anderson's effort against Palermo in the first game of the season was good enough to deservedly win the goal of the season award it was a great run and a stunning finish from long range

View attachment 157559
Allegri won manager of the year for chasing down Inter to land Juve yet another Serie A

View attachment 157558
I was named the second favourite for the managers manager of the year and that is where I finish as Allegri gets the win again.

View attachment 157557
We get three players in the Serie A team of the year although neither Saul or Candreva played one minute in the position that they were given for the team of the year.

View attachment 157556
Candreva won the Italian player of the year award from the media after a year in which he lead the league in assists. Saul won the fans player of the year award he had a great year pulling the strings in midfield for us all season long and to great effect.

View attachment 157555
Parolo finishes second in the midfielder of the year award having had a very good year for us scoring some stunners and also getting a lot of passes before assists spraying the ball out wide to great effect.

View attachment 157554
Saul picked up all of the awards but, goal of the year which Anderson got for his effort against Palermo. Saul was a bit of a risk coming in to replace Biglia but, he has done better than him by every measurement despite playing in a harder league than him. He has been exceptional and deserved all of his awards. I agree with all of players in the team of the season apart from Onazi somehow being in the team over Cataldi.

View attachment 157553
Barbosa is our top scorer with 19 goals a good return from a nineteen year old. Saul had an incredible average rating, Candreva topped the assists and Cataldi had the best pass completion percentage. Saul won an incredible 11 MOM awards in a great year. In the less good winners Dusan Basta got an impressive 20 yellow cards and Mauricio got sent off 3 times.

View attachment 157552
The only trophy I got in the first season was the Italian Super Cup the best and worse moments are very accurate the most depressing bit is that we could only half fill our stadium despite playing some good football and finishing third

View attachment 157550
We had no big injury issues Cataldi missed a while and Marchetti missed preseason and our first few matches. Anderson also picked up a knock that saw him miss a number of games

View attachment 157549
Good to see five of our very talented young players also being five of the best in training. Mauri is retiring and I want to move on Bisevic so only Matri's training concerns me​

Other Stuff

View attachment 157548View attachment 157547
The board agrees to rebuild the training facilities it isn't cheap but, the Europa League prize money covered the cost.

View attachment 157546View attachment 157545
Youth facilities will also be improved with the Europa League money stretching to cover it as well.

View attachment 157544
We saw a slight increase in our reputation over the year thanks to a solid showing in the Serie A and the Europa League.

View attachment 157543
I forgot to mention that Juventus won the Italian Cup, AC Milan had a poor performance

View attachment 157542
We get some new sponsorships deals worth and extra 1.3 million euros over the next year and the telecom deal should help us to add fans as well.

View attachment 157541
We sold a lot of shirts in Asia after out tour so we will be going back there this season to try and grab more fans from the continent

View attachment 157540
Saul was top seller after his incredible year while experienced Italians Parolo and Candreva sold well. Felipe Anderson and Gabriel Barbosa should be climbing up that ranking in the next few years.

View attachment 157539
We have five players called up to the Euros but, despite leading the league in assists Candreva doesn't make the final cut nor does Saul for Spain so only three Lazio players made the cut.

View attachment 157537
Barbosa finishes second in the Copa America young player of the Year having a good tournament for Brazil. He got his first national team goal at the tournament

View attachment 157536
Peter Kenyon has taken over at AC Milan and has splashed a decent amount of cash after doing so which will make it even harder to finish in the top 3 next season.

View attachment 157535
We sell a shockingly low number of season tickets only five thousand projected means that poor form could see attendances plummet.

View attachment 157534
The board seem to love me as they also agree to improve our youth recruitment this hopefully means that next year we will have a better youth intake than last year.

View attachment 157533
With the money we got from the Champions League and the Europa League we get around €75 million in TV money which is a lot but, it means we will earn around 2/3rds of what the team finishing last in the Premier League will get and somewhere around 1/4th of what the winner will get not including Champions League money so we will get out bid a lot this summer

View attachment 157532
Usefully I remembered to screenshot this just after but, we are expected to get Europa League football through the league and group stages of the Champions League. I told the squad that I wanted a top three and most agreed but, a few thought we should sim for the title which I like to see.​

Last edited:
Transfer Saga #1 De Vrij

With just two years left on his deal and before I get round to offering him a new deal this comes in

View attachment 157531
After allowing them to get Biglia I wasn't going to let them take De Vrij as we really lack depth at CB.

View attachment 157530
For the same reason as Biglia he becomes unhappy, he wants the dolla that PSG can offer and we can't

View attachment 157529
I try to offer him more money but, he rejects it as he is like Angel di Maria (a bell end)

View attachment 157527
The polite chat doesn't go well and De Vrij is sad. He is also on international duty so he may not return after. As he only has two years left on his deal I may be forced to sell him if he isn't happy by January

View attachment 157526
PSG bid again for the want away star and I quote them a price of €120,000,000 they aren't happy and communication breaks down.

View attachment 157525
Not even PSG are willing to pay this for a defender so they lose interest and I celebrate by throwing a five year deal in front of De Vrij that more than doubles his wages.

View attachment 157522
He signs the deal despite interest now from Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester United and Benfica.

So the moral is clear don't mess with me or I will double your wages and guarentee you will be paid that at least for five years. Err no actually not that, umm if you try to leave for the money I will just give you a pay rise to keep you.

You know what this is a football manager story their is no moral​

Nice going there with De Vrij and Felipe Anderson ! The fact that you manage to keep them both is a big achievement !

Nice going there with De Vrij and Felipe Anderson ! The fact that you manage to keep them both is a big achievement !

Yeah pleased to keep De Vrij and get him pinned down for 5 years, Anderson still has time to become unhappy though, and although he talks in the press quite a lot, and people talk about him, I don't think I have received a bid for him so he could still be unhappy

Transfer Offers

View attachment 157434
No way he is leaving number 1 right back and can also play as an AML and a CM so great for depth as well. Although at thirty his years at the top are running out.

View attachment 157431
I have to be honest I was tempted to negotiate as he is 29 and I have Kishna, Anderson and Keita out wide and could sign a very good winger for that amount. But, I said no to the bid from Real.

View attachment 157421
Zidane seems determined to get his man but, Candreva will cost a lot more than he is offering. Candreva also asked for a new deal I said no and he was fine with that.

View attachment 157430
A hot prospect and CM and while he didn't play a ton last season when he did he was very good so I'm not selling him cheaply especially as he cost us €13 million.

View attachment 157428
Arsenal want a leading striker but, I refuse. I will keep an eye on bids for him and if they get close to his release clause I will offer him a new deal with a higher one. Torino made a couple of slightly bigger bids but, I refused them as well.

View attachment 157426
Another bid I refuse it is a massive offer and would stop us from having to pay Atletico around €10 million in clauses but, as his sweep of our awards shows he is possibly our best player so I won't sell. He also has a release clause but, unless it is met I won't offer him a new deal as he is already our top earner.

View attachment 157424
Turns out Mourinho is also a fan of Parolo's ability to pick out great passes from deep. Despite being a very good offer for a 31 year old I refuse it as he is a key part of my plans and I want him to see his playing days out with us. Parolo also asked for and was refused a new deal.

Cataldi also had an offer from Liverpool but, I must have forgotten to screenshot it I did turn it down.​

Incoming Transfer July
I secured a number of players for Lazio mainly young and a number were transfer listed so I was more than happy to take them to Rome and make them happy.​

Marco Benassi
View attachment 157419
His contract was running out a Torino so I offered the Italian a deal here. He is a slightly more combative CM than any who I have so I will use him in big games were we are trying to hold out against bigger teams.​

Jorge Mere
View attachment 157417
The young Spanish centre back could be a long term partner of De Vrij a ball playing defender to ensure he gets lots of first team football he has been sent on loan to Eibar. He will have a place in the centre back rotation next year if he does well. He cost €8 million up front with €7 over time and €7 million in clauses.

Alex Meret

View attachment 157416
We beat out a number of teams including Barca, Real Madrid, Atletico and Porto to get the Udinese goalkeeper. Unhappy after they were relegated I was able to sign him for the tiny price of €375k a bargain for someone of his talent he will hopefully replace Marchetti as number 1 in a couple of years time.

Bruno Martins Indi

View attachment 157415
Unhappy at Juventus I offered the Dutch centre back a chance to get more first team football and he jumped at the chance to join us. A good signing as we need more depth at CB and he was a snip at €6 million.

Cengiz Under
View attachment 157414
The ex-Altinordu player could be the best player from the club since Altinordu. A tricky winger can cover both side but, this year might be a bit early for him so he may go out on loan. €1.8 million is a cheap cost to bring what could be a very talented winger.

Edmilson Fernandes
View attachment 157413
A young Swiss star who isn't Breel Embolo Fernandes was playing for Sion and cost 3.8 million with one and a half million in other clauses. He will play at CM and for us and out wide if we are desperate. He should grow into a top talent and could be the best Swiss player of his time as Embolo has been disappointing so far.

Alejandro Arribas
View attachment 157412
Another player signed to help out with defensive depth he had a low release clause of €5 million so I snapped him up from Deportivo. He should be a solid depth player at centre back which I really need and now have four good CB's instead of 2.

Joshua Kimmich
View attachment 157411
A man who can play at either CM or DM he will rival Catladi for a spot at DM short term but, long term I see him as the replacement for Marco Parolo in the DLP CM position. A bargain at just €7 million as he was unhappy at Bayern Munich.

Santi Mina
View attachment 157410
He was unhappy at Valencia so he moved to Rome for just €4.2 million a great price for a talented youngster. He can play any of the three attacking positions that I use. I think he will be a bargain and Gary Neville will regret selling him.

Mohammed Elyounoussi

View attachment 157409
Another wide man for cover as I want to make sure that we aren't caught short if one big star suddenly want to leave with support. Just €1.8 million from Molde in Norway he should return a profit if nothing else but, I think he could develop into a good winger.

Bruno Fernandes

View attachment 157408
A young attacking CM we beat a number of teams to sign him from Udinese. He signed from 8.75 million and it could rise by 4 million if he meets a number of clauses.

Zach Clough
View attachment 157406A young English striker with talent he was unhappy at Bolton so after some very drawn negotiation he was signed for 3 million up front 3 million over 48 months and 6 million in clauses. He will get a bit of game time up front as I plan on rotating strikers frequently

Outgoing Transfers July

I've brought in quite a lot money by selling off players fortunately none of them are big names in a trend that I hope can continue into next month.

Stefan Radu
View attachment 157387As much a I like Radu he was third choice right back at 29 years old he was never really going to claim back the spot. I would have still kept him but, he was 4% of our wage budget so I felt that I had to move him on, and Watford offered us €5 million for him so he went there.

Wesley Hoedt
View attachment 157386
The young centre back wasn't good enough to start for us and likely never would have been so I moved him on for €1 million to Rennais as we make a small profit and I lose his wages. It will also give Hoedt a chance to get some first team action.

Milan Bisevac
View attachment 157384
Bisevac rarely played and was awful when he did. So he moved on to Tel-Aviv for a small fee and us not having to pay his wages. A good deal for all involved.

Ivan Vargic
View attachment 157383
A massive fee for him €1,500 really the goal was just to get rid of his 10 grand a week wages as he would never play for us.

Ronaldo
View attachment 157382Another player on a decent amount of money in the reserves so I sold him on for a better fee this time a solid €750k and no wages to pay to him.

Alvaro Gonzalez
View attachment 157381
He was on loan at Atlas and he did well but, he was our seventh choice CM and at 31 he wouldn't go up the list so he goes to West Brom where his combative nature will be a perfect fit. A solid €1.8 million deal.

Vincius
View attachment 157380Reserve player and would never make the jump to the first team so I sold the Brazilian to Empoli for €2.9 million, a good fee for a reserve player.

Armando Izzo
View attachment 157379After just one year where he rarely played the centre back moved on for a small profit. Six million is a good fee for a player started once in the league and was sent off conceding a penalty.

Brayan Pereyra
View attachment 157378
A reserve player who was out on loan somewhere and must have done well as I was able to sell him for €10 million which is a great fee for someone who would never play for us. Cesena were the ones who stumped up the cash and he made the move there.

Ravel Morrison
View attachment 157377
Ravel Morrison moves on. A decent fee for him and we get his big €33,000 a week wages off the book. I had agreed a bigger deal with Torino but, he refused so went to Swansea.

Etrit Berisha
View attachment 157373Berisha had been pushed out as number 2 by the young Alex Meret and so I tried to move him on and Verona were happy to pay the €2.5 million to sign him.

Adam Maher
View attachment 157371
Adam Maher was a poor transfer for me so I tried to get as much money back for him as I could by selling him for €1.5 million to Torino.

Riccardo Serpieri
View attachment 157369
A cheap deal to sell on a youngster who was never going to cut it here a small fee and his small wages off the books.

Josip Elez
View attachment 157368
Elez is yet another player who moves to Cesena from us. The Croation moves for €1 million a decent fee for yet another back up.

Other Stuff #2

More random stuff as we begin to move into August.

View attachment 157360
Onazi signed a one year extention to his deal as I look to try and tie down my younger players for longer to ward off interest unfortunately I could only get him to sign a one year extension.

View attachment 157356
Balde Keita signed a longer term deal as his s was running out in two years time. He signed a four year deal which can hopefully help us to ward off interest that he may get.

View attachment 157355
Long serving player Stefano Mauri retires after he had struggled to get into the first team.

View attachment 157354
I brought him back to the club as a coach to reward him for his loyalty to us and I think that he has some decent stats as well so it is a win win.

View attachment 157353
I also add Michael Carrick to our coaching staff an experienced CM who can help our new generation of players with technique and professionalism.

View attachment 157352
Klose also returns as a coach after retiring following a year at Chelsea where he struggled to get into the first team. A good coach for the attacking players and a man with experience at Lazio

View attachment 157351
Italy only just lose out to a fake Germany side. Daniel De Rossi pulled an Asamoah Gyan as he had a 93rd minute penalty saved. No news on if he is going to the Middle East and then China.

View attachment 157350
Pepelu showed some admirable loyalty to Levante by rejecting both Manchester United and Barcelona. I had also been turned down by the talented young Spaniard

View attachment 157349
Meret was on the bench of the dream team and new centre back Mere was in the starting eleven.

View attachment 157348
A very detailed draw for the Italian Cup we know our opponent will be one of the eight teams the best bet is Udinese or possibly Bologna​

damm mere cost you alot, nice pick ups from udinese :) kimmich is a great buy!

damm mere cost you alot, nice pick ups from udinese :) kimmich is a great buy!

Yeah he was pricey but, if he can form a good partnership with De Vrij I am set for year. Yeah they are having some sell off but, I think I got two of the better options. Yeah I was shocked to see him listed for that little so went after him instantly I confirmed his deal before the udinese game to ensure no one else bid for him, hoffenheim did also bid for him but, he chose us

Champions League Playoff Draw

A big moment for us it is a big moment early on in the season the draw will be a big part of any success we have in Europe

View attachment 157280
Our Europa League exploits last season are enough to see us in the seeded part of the draw but, we could still get a challenge if we get Wolfsburg. The dream draw is Luzern but, I would take Genk as well.

View attachment 157278
We were first out of the pot and will face Genk so quite a good draw for us. Milinkovic-Savic will be returning to his old club. We will be at home for the first leg and I expect us to get through against Genk​

Uncharacteristically active transfer window from you :p Friendly Playoff draw too, should be in for a good season

Uncharacteristically active transfer window from you :p Friendly Playoff draw too, should be in for a good season

I've still got some to go as well :p. But, I was one of the quieter teams the game seems to have gone transfer crazy it was an incredibly busy window

August Transfer Overview

I hadn't planned for much to happen this month for us transfer wise but, things can happen that you don't expect so you have to adapt.

Outgoing Deals

Gabriel Barbosa
View attachment 156967
I again refuse to sell him as Arsenal's struggle for a star striker continues. Despite interest from Bayern and Arsenal he seems more than happy to stay. Although he does want to move to Barca so if they come in I my struggle to keep him.

Senad Lulic
View attachment 156966PSG enquired for Lulic I quoted them €30 million thinking it would scare them off but, instead.

View attachment 156965
He completes a move to PSG for €27.5 million it is to much for me to turn down for a 29 year old left back as I could easily find a replacement and another player or two for that much.

Incoming Transfers

What you expected me to sit on the money no I went out and spent it.

Zeca
View attachment 156961
A trusted figure from my Porto save I didn't just sign him to be sentimental I think his preferred role of Inverted Wing Back will work well as Anderson likes to stay wide. The Brazilian defender signed for €7.5 million from Santos and will be first choice left back.

Luis Pedro Cavanda
View attachment 156959
He was signed from Trabzonspor as he posses one key attribute. He counts as home grown which I lack 4 good players for so I signed him for €4.3 million and brought the right back back to Rome where he will deputise.

Ken Vandenbergh
View attachment 156954
A young Belgian prospect he was signed from AA Gent for €1 million and loaned back to Belgium. He could be a decent prospect and he was cheap for his potential.

Alessandro Semprini
View attachment 156953
Signed by my DOF I allowed it to continue out of sympathy partly as I have ruined a number of his transfers as he picks out awful players. But, he is a decnet young Italian defender who only cost €1 million so I aloowed this one to go ahead.

World Transfers

View attachment 156951
June saw a few big moves Stones to Chelsea and Berahino to Spurs were the big two.

View attachment 156950View attachment 156949
July was a month full of big moves Man City, PSG, Man City and Real Madrid all spent big in the month.

View attachment 156948
Some big moves in August, Napoli spending €50 million for Inaki Williams. Lyon also brought in a lot of money in the last couple days of the window.

Serie A Transfers

A quick look at how our Serie A rivals spent their money in the window.

Fiorentina
View attachment 156947
Fiorentina spent a decent sum on a number of player and Astori's pre-arranged transfer is the biggest acquisition. Falque and Pato were good signings I think.

Inter

View attachment 156946
They didn't spend that much Luan was a big money signing and Zappacosta was signed despite an offer from Lazio that I think was good. Kondogbia was a massive signing for Barcelona after a good year.

Juventus
View attachment 156945
They spent big Gabbiadini cost €30 million and Semedo could cost a similar amount with clauses. Real activated their clause to bring Morata back in their only big sale.

Lazio
View attachment 156942
The only deal I think I didn't cover was Christopher Oikonomidis in August. The Aussie international was sold for three reason 1 He is Australian, 2 His name is long to type and 3 He had poor potential and would never make it here.

Napoli
View attachment 156939
Higuian and Gabbiadini left for big fees while Williams is a big money replacement along with Lovren. Nacho also continues to make Napoli the club of failed Real Madrid players.

Roma
View attachment 156936Totti ended his spell with Roma and retired, Doumbia was the biggest sale they recorded. Gerson and Belotti were expensive signings for Roma who will look tochallenge for the top three.

AC Milan
View attachment 156929
Vazquez and Brooks were big signings for AC Milan under their new owners. Adirano went to Benfica after failing to score a single goal for AC Milan​